AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Servicesovercharged

I ordered the $99 per month 'Bundle my Services' offered by AT& T/Direct TV. The way the deal supposedly worked is each bills you separately, but AT&T offers rebates on each bill to offset the amount of the billing to equal a total of $99 per month. Each month for three months I received separate billing: AT&T $120 and DXirect TV $60, for a total of $180. After complaining each month, not receiving credits for the overbilling, and the billing not being corrected, I cancelled the contract. At that time Direct TV withdrew $300 from my account for 'early cancellation fee' and since that time AT&T has turned me over to first collection agencies, then to collection attorneys. I have turned both of them over to my lawyer.

• Mo
    Moejoe12 Apr 29, 2018

I have had the same issue with at&t and directv as separate billing and they lied to me that it will be for one month and it continued for two to three months and I canceled directv and they told me that they will clear all the charges because they had lied to me and then I receive a bill for 271.00. They are cheating too many people and are lying to the customers.

• Ju
    June Jan 22, 2017

I urge all people that complaints about Direct TV and their deceptive sales practices to sell their service to people to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. There is a page there for filing complaints against internet and TV providers.

• Es
    Esther Jacinto Oct 25, 2016

Since 2002, my sister Lydia Dulla had an account with DirectTV acct. number [protected].On April2016 I called DirectTV to subscribed for Pacquiao fight and asked to be upgraded then all of a sudden ATT took over and I told AT&T to bundle it. .My sister's Direct TV was cancelled and was transferred to my account with AT&T, Esther Jacinto acct..# [protected], then problems started. I had been over billed. AT&T and Direct TV billed me separately.Each time I complained, the agent promised me that it will be credited back but never did. Direct TV agent named Justin, who is supposedly one of the Supervisor, lured my sister to transfer back to Direct TV. I asked him if there will be a punishment for transferring back to Direct TV and he promised me that there shouldn't be since you are now the same company, therefore I called AT&T to transfer it back to Direct TV under Lydia Dulla's account. Last Friday I got a bill in the amount of $480.00 from AT&T, $360 from that was an early cancellation fee.Why? I have not cancelled yet. Two weeks ago when I complained about the same problem I asked her how much would it cost me if I cancel ? Then I received this bill of $480.24. I have talked to the Direct TV supervisor named Sarah I.D.#505627 and she adviced me to file this.
    I will appreciate it very much if you can help me straighten this out.

• Up
    Upset Administrator Aug 29, 2016

88 bed nursing home with 60 residents that have had no TV since June 27, 2011 when a storm came through. Called immediately and almost everyday as have 60 residents with 5 familiy members each either calling me or in my office complaining. We do not charge for this service as we are a County owned facility and offer this to our residents. The company referred to help with this cannot find anyone to come check out the pproblem bur a resident ordered a personal dish and the Direct TV representativre was here pronto to sign up the new business!!! Now Direct TV wanted me to Pay $800.00 plus to FIX the problem with new receivers. All worked fine before storm want same ole same ole and TV service for the 70 - 80 - 90 and 100 year old nursing home residents in this facility. We were paying almost $200.00 per month and always paid our bill!!! Anybody out there know what I can do about it????

• Sh
    Shelley Barker Aug 23, 2016

I was just notified by my bank that Direct Tv stole 681.00 from my checking account. I have not had service with them for over two months due to the fact that they kept overcharging me 30.00 a month for their services and to add insult to injury they stole 681.00 out of my account and have basically bankrupted me financially. Anyine else having these problems should contact an attorney and we will start a class action suit against them for fraud.

• Bo
    Bobbymac Aug 17, 2016

Don't ever get DIRECTV! They rip you off. I was a long time good customer who faithfully paid my bills. I stuck with their service that I felt was superior to cable except when it rained! I did not like their requirement (which I was told changed when I switched) to pay $200. for a leased DVR. Then I terminated service after many years and switched to UVERSE. I was required to pack up my three receivers and accessories in their own provided boxes and mail them back. I did this timely and according to direction. I tracked the return shipments with their return tracking numbers. They were delivered on July 2, 2010. On July 18, 2010, I received an email stating that I had an outstanding bill which was incorrect because all current charges had been paid. I called to find out that I was being billed for unreturned equipment. I provided tracking numbers and was assured that no charges would be made to my credit card which I was required to provide. I was also told that the bill would be rectified on the next business day. I later received a paper billing for the erroneous balance which I was told that I would receive, but I was waiting for the reversal of the bill which I was assured I would also receive. Yesterday, when I was away from home, I received an auto-generated call which instructed me to call about my account. I did so today, August 2, 2010 and found that my credit card had been charged without my authorization for the erroneous account balance. After over two hours on the phone with the customer service call center and supervisors, I was told I could not be connected to anyone in account billing who had the authority to reverse my charge immediately. I now must wait for a correction that will be made supposedly "within 72 hours." This is ###. No reputable company should treat customers this way. I had specifically called and was assured this would be resolved but no one corrected the error. Don't ever trust these ###. They will rip you off.

I am now out to totally discredit DIRECTV, expose them for the thieves that they are, and make sure that the public is aware of how they operate!

J&E Aug 17, 2016

Around the first week of July, I received an advertisement form AT&T indicting they now had bundled services in my area. I was happy to see this, because my bundled Comcast bill had now risen to $200. I called and setup services for home phone, local and long distance, high speed internet services and TV with two premium channels. I believe at the time it was STARS and Showtime. They wanted to install the TV and internet services on Saturday July 18, but that was not convenient. So I arrange for someone to come on that Tuesday, July 21, when my husband would be at home. For some reason, AT&T phoned to say it would be another two weeks before someone could install the equipment. On August 11, 2009, I came home and to my amazement we had DirecTV and no premium channels. I immediately called Direct and spoke to woman who informed me they were “in” with AT&T and now we have a two-year contract with them. I told her that we were expecting AT&T, not Direct. She also informed me that if I cancelled I would have a $479 cancellation fee. I told her that never asked for DirecTV and was supposed to have received AT&T and two premium channels. When I placed the order, I was never given the option of choosing Direct, so I wasn’t expecting it and would have never accepted a two-year contract. She offered us ShowTime and Stars and stated she would check into it further. I called AT&T that day, but they had already closed. A couple of days later I reached someone with AT&T and explained to them what had happened. He said that in order for us to have received DirecTV we would have had to ask for it. He said that U-verse was available in our area, so we should not have gotten DirecTV. This went on and on. Numerous calls made to DirecTV and AT&T, until we were able to get someone on the phone with AT&T to correct the TV situation for U-Verse. About two weeks after the install, my husband phoned DirecTV to cancel the services and was told that they (DirecTV) would take the charges from my Visa credit card on file. I do not know what she was taking about, I had not given them anything at this point, unless it was from an account I had with them years ago. Later, I received a partial month’s bill of around $47, which I paid. Now I have gotten two bills for $479. I never requested this service; it was a mistake on AT&T and DirecTV’s part. I called AT&T so why did DirecTV get involved. This has been very frustrating. Why would I go from no contract to a two-year contract? It was not that major! The cost I am paying now out ways what I was paying with Comcast. I would not recommend DirecTV nor AT&T to anyone. The employees apparently are not well trained and do not know what they are doing. They are messing up people’s lives and stressing them out. Therefore, it is best to stay where you are.

• Ha
    Havluvr Aug 17, 2016

NEVER pay a bill you don't think you owe, even in part. It legally establishes your liability for the bill as if you are confirming it.

• Ed
    edhslp Aug 17, 2016

I cancelled my Directv because they were not able to get us local network channels and DISH TV could. When i called to ask about cancellation charges, they said $100, so I set up the cancel and returned all equipment. They proceeded to bill me close to $400 and I appealed four times explaining the situation and who I talked to and on what dates. I always got an impersonal form letter back, clearly indicating they were not taking my situation under individual advisement.

They sent a collection agency on me, and by this time, was worn down and agreed to pay off the balance on a scheduled payment. Allied Interstate Collection Agency whom was hired by Directv to harass me, assured me this wouldn't affect my credit rating as I was agreeing to pay off these charges (that should never have been levied). Now, I have a negative on my credit report. Once again, Directv won't do anything about removing that and I was told by Experien that it would be on there for seven years unless the creditor takes it off. They have screwed me both financially and on my credit standing!

• Le
    lesscash Aug 16, 2016

ON November 2nd of 2009 I called Direct TV to cancel service. The represntitive indicated that she would send out a prepaid return service kit to place my equipment in. I did not recieve the kit and called again. Again they indicated a box was shipped. I recieved the box and returned the equipment. 2 months goes by and I get 2 charges for $569.90. I called and was told that they had no idea what the charges where for and they would be reversed in 24 hours. I did not get the refund and called again to ask why and was told it was for equipment charges, late fees, early cancelation. I explained who I had talked to and when. I was told that a refund would be sent in 48 hours. No refund. I called agin and was told again it was for equipment and they had not recieved it. I checked the FedEx web site and it showed it being received and by whom. I called again.I was told a refund of $270 would be sent by check in 6-8 weeks. I dont even think this is legal as they must refund to the same account they took it from. I spoke with my bank who called direct TV and asked for a statement and itemiized accounting. Direct Tv could not give it to them. They indicated I would resieve a statement in 3 days. I never recieved it. I am now headed for small claims court to get a judgement and then try to collect. I have posted all my issues with Direct Tv on my company web site for all employees to see. Do not use Direct TV, Run for your life, dont sign anything and DONT give them a CC number, Account number.

• Ca
    Cathy Johnson Aug 16, 2016

I paid a bill in March 2009, and directv refused first to acknowledge the proof of payment I sent, then told me it was really April I missed, then told me it was a matter of timing in how I paid every month and somehow still managed to miss a payment. They did not acknowledge any fax or communication I made, and I only saw the problem was still not resolved when the amount appeared on my next bill. When I telephoned, I was accused of not really sending things in, insultingly told I should just pay my bill, and warned bill collectors would soon be in charge of the debt. I called and politely insisted on talking to a supervisor, and after an hour on the phone of being polite to an infuriating woman who I sure was trying to get me to hang up, I finally got a hold of of a man who pretended to be a supervisor who, after checking with HIS supervisor, told me he was sending me information that would explain how I presumably owed the money. That was 3 weeks ago, and hasn't materialized. Today I realized I was being charge a late fee on the disputed amount every month, and opted to pay the money again rather that continue to feel so angry every month. I will cancel my subscription when my contract is up, and would sooner if I didn't know they would come after that money too. They owe me $36.96, plus $1.59 late fee for that last 8 months.

• El
    EliseEverhartq Aug 16, 2016

On Tuesday, May 18th, 2010, I called DIRECTV to cancel my service. I ask the customer service representative how much it would be to cancel my service. He told me it would be $20/month until November. I agreed to that amount so I had him cancel the service at 12AM on Wednesday morning. On Thursday, May 20th, 2010, I went on www.directv.com to pay my bill for $120 (which is what I was told it would be). When I accessed my account online the total was $255. I called DIRECTV right away and talked to a customer service representative named Van. I asked her to review my account because of the different amount I was told on Tuesday. After she reviewed the account she noticed that I had a credit on my account and she said my contract actually ended in September. Therefore she told me I'd need to may $20/month til September ($80) then with my account credit the total would come to $55.10. I told her that was fine and I'd pay that amount once I could pay it online. She told me to wait a few days because their online account manager needed to change the amount on my account. I told her that would be fine and that I'd pay the $55.10 immediately when I saw it online. I asked her three times what the total was that I would need to pay. Three times she told me $55.10. Today, May 25th, 2010, I went to pay my total and the amount was not changed. I called DIRECTV again to verify the total was $55.10 and the customer service representative Dawn told me that the total was $255. She said that I was not out of my contract until next year. I have had DIRECTV since 2008. Their customer service representatives have told me three different amounts to pay. I agreed to pay $20/month until November for my early cancellation during the first call. The second representative told me that I only needed to pay $55.10. I told her that was fine and I'd pay it as soon as I saw it on my online statement. I don't think it right that I've been told three different amounts to pay. I agreed to the first total; $120. I did not agree to $255. Please let me know what action needs to be taken to remove this outrageous charge. Also I will NOT be using DIRECTV again because their customer service representatives obviously don't know what they are talking about when they cancel someone's service. THANK YOU.

• Valerie Aug 04, 2016

I am totally appalled by the complete incompetence of Direct TVs customer service. On June 23, 2008, their sales representative told me I could get 5 HD/DVR boxes and Priemer by paying for the first HD/DVR box and renting the other four for $4.99 a month. I repeated several times the order and how much the total equipment costs would be as I crafted a word document to ensure I'd remember everything. The total upfront equipment cost was $124.95 which I paid, and delivery was set up for 12-4pm on June 30, 2008.

I called back on June 25, 2008, to verify everything was on schedule for the 30th. It was not. Somehow the installation had been cancelled. I rescheduled the installation and then had the representative tell me what equipment I had ordered--I did not tell him because I wanted to ensure they had the correct order in the computer. He stated it was 5 HD/DVR, one purchased and four rentals.

On June 27, 2008, I called again to verify everything was on schedule for the 30th. This time it was, so I decided to order the NFL Sunday Ticket. Again I had the representative tell me what equipment I had ordered. She stated it was 5 HD/DVR, one purchased and four rentals.

On June 30, 2008, I left work at noon (five hours early) to wait for the installers. At 4:30pm, when no one showed or called, I called their support representative at the order support number [protected]. He stated that the installation company had cancelled the installation and gave me the number to call them, [protected]. I spoke with a young lady, who said that Direct TV had never placed the order for installation. She referred me back to Direct TV. It was at this time that I was told I would have to pay an additional $800 for the four additional HD/DVR receivers. I was shocked especially after asking repeatedly if there were going to be any extra equipment costs when I placed the order on the 25th (I spent 2-hours on the phone). Even with that I wanted the NFL Sunday Ticket so badly I offered to pay the $800 if it was spread over the 24-month agreement. But their representative turned me down. This after I lost five hours work @ $62.50 per hour (can not take vacations days unless I take a full 8 hours), which cost me an additional $312.50. The worst part is when those HD/DVR boxes become obsolete in 3-5 years they’re counting on me to pony up another $1, 000 to replace them.

This was simply the worst customer experience I have ever been associated with. I had to cancel my order. I can’t wait until the day that the NFL moves off this lame network and onto a quality network that knows how to treat its customers

• Pr
    Princess35 Aug 01, 2016

Still waiting im so angry they went in my account I have all these overdraft charges on my bank statement! I just don't under stand!

• Fa
    FATMAN WALKING Aug 01, 2016

DirecTV is like Bank Of America they both stink...

• Pr
    Princess35 Aug 01, 2016

Direct Tv went in my account and make my account and now my bank account is over draft my account. they told me to come to this site and they will send me my overdraft fees back in my banking account. .
    Please give me a call back...

• Bl
    Blake Thomas Aug 01, 2016

Mr. Ibarra,
    We are here to help! At Consumer Fraud Legal Services we have consumer rights lawyers who focus exclusively on defending customers from fraudulent billing, contracts, and service problems like the one in your consumer complaint against Directv. Using the Consumer Fraud Act, we will try and get you a refund no matter how small the amount. Regardless, our time is free. If we win, the law requires that Directv pays our legal fees. It does not cost you anything to talk to an attorney or visit our website. We hope to hear from you.
    Contact CFLS at:
    [protected]
    [email protected]
    www.consumerfraudlegalservices.com

• 4n
    4NN Aug 01, 2016

I swear, everyone should just cancel their cable subscription and get Netflix. Or go outside more often. You only live once and your memories are all going to be of being in front of a TV.

• Ar
    Arturo C. Ibarra Aug 01, 2016

Direct TV is a company without professional ethics. After being with them 2 years ago they called me to continue with this offering a new receiver. A month after the receiver began to fail and the call to make the claim. I asked them by one of their offices to change the receiver and they told me they had no offices and they told me i had to pay $50 by the technician. I told them to cancel my service with them. Now I have in collection by a course fee of $400 dollars. I need that Direct TV clean my record that has dramatically affected, since I am a disabled person and i need to change vehicle.

• Bo
    boomdriver Jul 27, 2016

I am disabled. Direct TV knows this and I sometimes have to pay my bill in 2 parts while I wait for SSDI to pay me again each month. This month, DTV let me know that I had a $23 past due amount on my acct, I went to Walmart to pay that bill. I paid on the 6th. The Walmart Payment processing company paid DTV on the 7th, then DTV disconnected my service on the 10th. Now, after 10 ph calls DTV tells me they will "look into it" and let me know in 3 to 5 days. I can PROVE they recieved the payent last week. I can prove everything. yet they refuse to reinstate my services until they find the payment that THEY lost, . They pass me from one ### to another, making the promise that the next will help me. None have or will. How is this fair? I paid my bill and DTV still cuts me off. This story is going on every consumer website that I can find and when I start collecting the names of the CS people that I spek to, I will post them as well. DTV is a SCAM. They rip off people with these deals that expire and double your bill, and they cannot even keep up with the payments that you send them. How are they allowed to get away with that? does the Gov not care how they do business? how they rip off the public? I guess not. DTV and the people that work there are thieves ripping off old people, disabled people and God knows who else they steal from. The NEW CorP mentality..."you don;t have to earn it, when you can steal it" becausem we're in Texas and in Texas the consumers have NO RIGHTS. ...Guess what, I may not have any rights but I still have a VOICE.

Dissatisfied Person from PA Jul 27, 2016

They did an unauthorized transaction on my account of $871.39 dollars and the account wasn't in my name or was I an authorized user. The customer service and the Office of the President was very unprofessional and did not satisfied myself. I'm unemployed and on a fix income. They took my mortgage and bill money for April and I have no money.

• Ji
    Jim Green1958 Jul 27, 2016

The reason you cannot get anywhere is that you are talking to people in the Phillippines that can speak English but do not comprehend English. Next time you call them, ask them what country that are in and if they can transfer you to a person who speaks English as a first language. They cannot.

maerine1 Jul 27, 2016

Please be wary. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing in that company.Also, get an english speaking person
    I have a business degree in economics and I paid the $319.00 to cancel, I saved 1500.00 though.
    If a company has to do business through the mail and has your credit card you can end up in serious trouble. Pay the extra to a company w.no contracts or go to basic Time Warner(a brain is a terrible thing to waste)it' $21.30 a month Dawton Abbey's worth that.

• Ra
    RarelyComplain Jul 27, 2016

You "spent 319.00 "... but... " saved 1500 though"
    That's quite an "economics" degree ya got there. Work for the US government, do ya?

• Th
    the thompson family Jul 22, 2016

Ya my father was and still is a victim to direct tvs bs over charging and early terminations fees he is in collections as of right now for their coniving buisness ways he was a vip customer with direct tv for 5 years and they screwed him his credit and his family also i want to know how to get my dad in the lawsuit so he can get his life on track again i am also a direct tv customer yet im to scared to cancel even though id like to i cannot afford there hidden fees im a single mom of two small children and my dad is a senior citezen please contact me if you know how i can right this for my father and with any ideas to help me before i am also a victim? [email protected]

• Bu
    bullochgirl Jul 22, 2016

I purchased the Bundle Package from DirectTV June 2010 from their website. I was told that there would be no problem in getting the bundle. After having it installed and signing the contract they as of this date have not been able to provide the bundle for me. I have contacted all of the service providers in my area that they told me could provide this service, however none of them offer that service with DirectTV.
    I called DirectTV and spoke to 3 customer service reps that weren't able to solve my problem. I asked to speak to a manager and they gave me William, ID#TPCH199543. I told him I wanted out of my contract and did not expect to have to pay the early termination fee since they could not provide me with the service they said they could. He said I could not get out of the contract without paying the early termination fee. I explained that a contract goes two ways, and that they had not been able to provide me with the service they advertized so I didn't feel that I should have to pay to terminate early. He would not even budge on the matter, only offered me 1 month free on a movie channel.
    I do not feel that is good customer service or good business practice. If they offer a service they need to check first to see if it can be provided to the customer. I do not want their service but cannot afford to pay for an early termination fee. I only took their offer because I thought I was getting a good deal for 3 services in one, and as of this day still can't get that service with them. Forget about getting out of their contract without paying their "early termination fee". They are crooks and should be put out of service for scamming people with a product they can't produce.

• El
    Elly Jul 22, 2016

I switched to another Cable Provide and they debited my accout for $40.00 with no explanation and unauthorized I will file an unauthorized debit with the bank.

• Er
    EricDa Jul 22, 2016

DirecTV charged an Early Cancellation Fee although no such documentation was given and made available when I initiated the service. I know I was giving a 24 month contract secure within a fixed price (which they violated) but no early cancelation fee as related to charge for location/ service address where “service is not applicable’ was provided.
    Secondly, the price at which I agreed to start service was secured at $39.99 per month for the FULL 24 months and $10.00 for the HD receiver. DirecTV violated the contract raising up the price and charging more than double in the month of October 2014. DirecTV falsified the “24 months contract” into two different pricings: $39.99 for the first 12 months and $81.99 for the second round of 12 months.
    Third, the contract was a bundle DirecTV + CenturyLink. CenturyLink has simply accepted to stop the service with no charge because their service is not applicable here in the area I’m currently living. Why DirecTV do the same?

dissapointednmb Jul 22, 2016

My mother saw a flyer for a promotional price to get a package deal from Direct TV for $39.99. She had it installed and saw her statement was more than the adverstised price, she was told she needed a voucher to get that promotional price. She has no internet access and missed the deadline by not applying by a certain date and ended up paying more than she wanted.Now she wants to cancelled and there is a disconnection of $180.The price for couple hours of entertainment is not worth the agravation and stress going back and forth with representatives who are the sweetest when signing the deal with devil in disguise, but when asking to cancel the agreement their persona takes a drastic turn. I am dissapointed that the policies and rules were not explained in a clear manner and going forward we have nothing good to offer about this company's name or its integrity to strive to be viewed in this light. Thank you for reading.

• Ta
    Tania McRoberts Jul 22, 2016

On June 25, 2011 I ordered Direct TV. I was given a cell phone number to a person names "DJ" who the technician said would take care of any problems within the first 90 days. Right after the installment I went to NC for a week. When I came back I noticed the voices on my TV are garbled and at times cut out. I have placed 3 calls to the cell number. Was told tech would be out 2 weeks ago and nobody showed up. Called the cell phone again only to find out the number has been disconnected. I called the 800 number and spoke with a gentleman who told me to call the same number but to ask for the repair dept. I havent had the time to call back however today I did. I spoke with "Jennifer: at 8:35am. Told her the nature of my problem, discussed how I shouldnt have to pay my bill. She was very rude by telling me I HAVE to pay my bill. I asked for her supervisor and her respons was "Why"? Then she put me on hold from 8:38am until 8:53am then released the call. I am not happy I switched to Direct at this time. I would like compensated for my bill and I want my TV fixed.

• Ul
    Ultimtore Jul 18, 2016

I had to change my package because I could no longer afford the package I had. I was offered the select package by the customer service rep. That was supposed to have 150 channels and would cost, in total about $48 dollars and change, that was supposed to include tax and extra receiver. Since Sept. I was double billed for both the packages and my services were interrupted twice. My bill was coming out to about $138. I finally got someone to fix the problem but then they changed what I was originally told by the rep that had helped me the first time. Now my package only has 118 channels and my bill is coming out to almost $69. instead of the $48. I was told it would be. They don't hire wisely or train correctly.

• St
    strugglingsinglemom Jul 15, 2016

I had direct tv.. My fiancé lost his job do to that ..my service was disconnected.. I told them when i opened the account to remove my debit r card info..in which they informed me it would be a 10 fee extra each month not having direct withdraw.. I said fine... This week they took all of my money out of my Acct.. Not a $50 payment but every thing i had in my acct. Now they won't return the funds and i have no money to get gas for work or food to feed my family..they didn't notify me that they were taking the money.. If i had 300 $ extra i would be watching TV..but because things r tight we do without..nowwe have to do without food and i could lose my only source of income because they took all my money without any notice and of course no remorse.

Direct tv is a rip off. I will never do business with them or refer anyone to them.

• Gi
    girlfriday925 Jun 17, 2016

Let me preface this by saying that I put an Identity Fraud Alert on my SSN years ago.

On April 6, 2013 I called to get Directv. I was told by the person taking the order that I needed to call a number and provide a reference number that they were open until 1 AM on Saturdays. I called and was put through an automated system where I waited for 38 minutes. I called another number and was told that the department I was looking for was closed. I called back on Monday, April 8th. I was told the reference number that I had was too old. So I had to call BACK go through the entire ordering process again to get a new reference ID number. After I did that I had to call back with a new reference number. I talked with a person and found out that an account had been opened in my name in 2001 and they asked me how I wanted to pay the outstanding balance. I told them it was not my account. I was transferred 3 times repeatedly telling the same story. When I got a guy named Troy on the line he told me to file a police report. I called DE to file a report. They said it was over the statue of limitations. I was told to call the state I currently live in. The account was in DE. I called AZ(which is where I live) police, was told to call DE because that is where it happened. I called DE. I was told to call MD because that was were I was a victim. I called MD and was told it was over the statue of limitation to file a criminal complaint. The trooper called the States Attorney and was told nothing could be done to satisfy the requirement that I obtain a police report. I called back to the number where I was originally sent to. I was disconnected twice. I was then told to call the collection agency because it needed to be cleared off by the collection agency. So, I called the collection agency. They had no record of the account in my SSN. I called back once again and was transferred once again to the Identity Theft department. I was told I had to pay the bill since I couldn't file a police report. I called yet again and asked what needed to happen next. I was told that I needed to go BACK and get a new reference number because the number was to old. I told them I wouldn't do that. I have been working on this for a week and I was keeping the same number. The man listened to what I had to say, then says that he was going to tell Troy and have Troy call me. Still waiting for Troy to call...

At this point it is a matter of principle.

• I have had Direct TV for 4 years and stopped their service and started with a cable service. Direct TV called me and ask if I would like to return and they would give me free channels and made me a offer I could not refuse. Bundle package for a lot less than I was paying so I took the bait again. Never again. First they sent a tech out to my house that could not speak any English, and since I don't speak Spanish it was horrible for both the tech and myself. He cut wires on the outside of my house that went to house phones and any other cable he could find. When he left we had no TV, No, phone and no Internet. I called and Direct TV said that they did not have a opening for another tech to come out for 9 days and Sorry for the problem. I of course argued until I was blue in the face, no such luck. So in 9 days a tech came out and he could not figure out what was the problem because so many wires were cut, but he did get my TV back to working but no phone and Internet. Then I get a bill before the Internet and phone are working for the bundle package, I called and told them I have not phone or Internet. The operator said yes you do. And that if I did not pay they would have no choice but to do a temp shut off. I said please send a tech out so he could see that their is not phone or Internet. She said that a tech would be there in 6 days, but I needed to pay my bill by the 22 which was in 2 days. So I did pay to keep the TV on with a debit card. When a tech did not show up in 6 days I called and canceled my services, went with Dish. and had Internet and TV in 3 days. Direct TV Then started charging my account to the amount of 266.69 and 89.00. I disputed it at my bank and they investigated, Direct TV was found to be at fault because I returned all my equipment as soon as they sent me the return boxes. Direct TV told the bank that they would reverse the charges in 3 days that has been one month ago. Again the bank called them, they said that the Check had been sent this was also untrue. The bank challenged them because they had already told the bank it was going to be reversed. Any way I just got the mail and it gave me a piece of junk mail that said that Check enclosed for 318.00. No check was in the envelope and when I called to tell them, they said to give them 14 days to clear up the mistake. Do not ever go with Direct TV, If you do, never give your credit or debit info. You will pay dearly, I have been waiting since December 22, 2013.

DirectvSux Jun 15, 2016

Directv will charge your credit card without permission.You need to file a complaint with the BBB, its easy and free and can be done one line.Then write a complaint to local atty. general, sometimes you'll need to write them depending on state, but still can be printed online, this will start pattern and maybe start a class action suit, as directv has 2 pending that I know of.Then go to NFL.com, go to contact page, then email and ask why they give directv exclussive rights to their package.You probably will not get a response but they will get annoyed.Then write your local congressman, file a complaint, then go to the trade commission website file a complaint, if you do a Google search this will land you the resources.

• Az
    AztecAngel49 Jun 13, 2016

Dear Mr. Chase,
    My name is Maximina Telles, this is my account with your company( which at this moment is very dispised ok), [protected]

Just want to let you know about myself I am a 64 year old lady and live on a very fixed income of $570.00 per month.
    I had gotten your service around last part of Dec. 2012. which I liked watching all the channels. I had let your people know that I could pay what is was per month but then I get a bill for $88.19 and I called and stated that I could pay the $45.99 at that time and was told I had to pay the whole $88.19, told them that with my budget I could pay for the month only.
    My service we shut off and in April I got a final notice and I told them send me package for return of equipment and they sent but not till last part of April. Sent equipment back and then 5/11/13 (my birthday) I get my SS money in and went to bank to take out and pay bills I found that I had $0.0 balance as Direct TV had taken $497.00!!! this was my money for the month to live on and pay what little bills I could. My utilities (gas/water/electric) were gonna be shut down for none pay thanks to your collections.
    I called your Direct TV to see what we could do to get this sorted out and my money back, I was stressing so bad at not being able to pay my bills my friend almost took me to the hospital, I am diabetic and have high blood pressure, but then your company does not give a hoot about people just get the money.
    Well they wanted me to redo the service and pay upfront, well we are in a catch 22, I can not pay for the service if your collections has all of my month and they will not refund me $420.00 till I reopen service and I can not reopen service till I pay so this is the problem.
    I will be contacting an attorney and the BBB as to what I can do to get my money back plus the $88.19 that I owed was paid according to Brittney on 5/11/13 and she would send back my $420.00 and I told her get me back my funds and I can reopen the service, well you now the rest. I need an answer from you. You left me with no money to eat or pay bills but then your collections are just robots without feeling or compassion. I will be taking to BBB and put in complain with them and your company too. I hope to hear from you real soon. Thank you for nothing. Maximina Telles

chicago123 Jun 10, 2016

DirecTV is the worst cable/satellite company out there. I have heard some bad things about comcast, but I guarentee DirecTV takes the cake. Lets start out with their set-up process. Believe me, calling in and speaking to their highly trained professionals is a delight. To them, the less they tell you the better. Their whole plan is to not inform their customers about anything, just to wait until the customer notices. They didnt tell me I had to pay up-front for all the equitment. Not only do you have to buy the equipment, but then they expect you to pay monthly charges and turn the thing in when you are done with it. Thats like me buying a car, then paying monthly lease payments for 3 years, then just giving it back to the dealer. Are they serious?? Man are their prices great though, huh? All the great commercials and deals they have going on...wait until the promotion ends. I was paying 60 a month for hd-dvr in one room and basically every channel with HBO and Skinimax. All of a sudden I get a bill that goes up to 160!! Do they really think Im going to pay 160 just for tv. Thats ridiculous. I call them up and they try telling me that I should have known this was going to happen!!! I dont know how I would know that when they DIDNT EVEN SAY ANYTHING TO ME ABOUT IT!!! They only time someone all of a sudden knows what they are talking about is when you tell them you just want to cancel service. Then they are cheery, gracious, and make you feel like you are worth a million bucks. On top of that their on demand blows, and if you want to order a movie you either have to pay another 100 for a wireless internet package for your cable box or set your TV up next to your computer so you can conveniently plug it into your modem. Or you can call and talk to there ever so coherant staff. Once you actually get a movie ordered you better not fall asleep. If you do dont expect to wake up the next day and finish it. Nope, their movie rentals are based on a 24 hour period. No big deal right???? Not exactly, this 24 hour period begins at 6 AM and ends the following morning at 6AM. If you order a movie at night and fall asleep you better set an alarm for 4AM so you can finish it. Man they stink!

• Sh
    sherri gibson Jun 10, 2016

Go to your States Attorney General and let him or her know what is going on. I can't get ahold of them, I paid my June to july bill out of my account, have proof in hand and can't get them to listen, I will try one more time then on to the attorney general with a consumer complaint!! Hope this helps. The Attorney General will look into it!!

• Al
    alf1052 Jun 10, 2016

Hi: I am informed that the city has no jurisdiction over Direct TV. That is obvious from the attitude of Direct TV. They tie you in with "contracts" for a year or two. Problem is that they have no obligations under their contract but you need to pay them with or without service. To wit a technician came about 3 weeks ago to make the system work. The appointment was for between 8-12AM. He showed up at 8PM. The law, I believe, requires a 4 not a 12 hour window. Do any laws apply to Direct TV? The technician could not complete the repair because the system was down. He said he would return the next day, that was weeks ago. We are still waiting for repair. The hoops and time one must expend to get anything done is atrocious. These people are effectively stealing from the public. I believe the city has an obligation to provide some sort of protection for its citizens against a predator company like Direct TV. This is a quality of life issue that should be addressed.

Arthur L Finn
    Los Angeles

Jon Jun 09, 2016

I signed up for DTV service for an 18 month commitment. A couple of days later, I called up to apply a new customer AAA offer, 240 dollars. Apparently I couldn't sign up for a new customer (although I never even received the service yet), but they told me I could qualify for an existing customer offer, 100. Now 16 months later, I called to cancel my service because I was moving where I already have cable tv and they tell me my commitment is for 30 months not 18. The agent and I were confused, I sent a letter, and received a phone call to tell me that my commitment was in fact 18 months. A couple weeks later, I called to confirm my cancellation and another agent told me my contract was for 30 months, not 18, even though they told me it was for 18. He had to esculate the issue, although it was already esculated, to the billing department, I mean office full of monkeys. Apparently signing up for AAA extended my contract an additional year. They never told me this. After many many calls, one agent even said that DTV assumes the customer knows this. WTF! I didn't see any fine print on the ad, the agent never notified me of "the terms" of the discount, I never saw an extension on my bill. You are running a multimillion dollar company and you bill people without written contracts, only verbal, and then tell me you assume that the customer assumes. Now they are charging me 270 instead of the 40 like it was supposed to. I filed a complaint to the Attorney General, so hopefully they can resolve this issue for me. Anybody looking to start a civil lawsuit, I'M IN. I got evidence up the wazoo.