The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved ATT — bad service
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Be very careful when accepting sales pitches from AT&T customer/internet service representatives in respect to their methodology when giving you dollar credits to compensate you for upgrading your services.
In my case, the AT&T Internet service representative made his pitch wanting me to upgrade from FastAccess Ultra Service to FastAccess DSL Extreme. I declined as I told him I had no interest in paying the higher price for the DSL Extreme option. He stated that he would waive the fee I was being charged for my 'Listing-Not in Directory or DA' service if I upgraded. He confirmed this waiver would be permanent.
Two months later, per my phone bill, I found multiple discrepancies in services and charges that showed his above claim to be false. Not only did he, without my requesting it, remove the 'Listing-Not in Directory or DA' from my list of services, I was charged full price for DSL Extreme with no credit waiver.
Upon speaking with two AT&T customer service representatives about the above, I was told that the AT&T representative who offered the permanent waiver:-
(1) did not document his offer,
(2) removed, without my permission, my 'Listing-Not in Directory or DA resulting in my paying full price, with no credit, for DSL Extreme, and
(3) was not supposed to be waving such services on any permanent basis.
To rectify this I had to call two separate departments:-
=> their Plans and Services department to correct the dollar discrepancies, then
=> their Internet Service department to return my Internet service option back to what it was two months ago.
The resolution process took 1 hour and 20 minutes, most of it due to AT&Ts hold times.
More ATT Complaints & Reviews
- C4 Connections / AT&T - carl blust
- AT&T - uverse equipment returns
- Vesta AT&T - unauthorized bank charge
- AT&T Uverse - service
- AT&T - billing rip-off
- AT&T DSL Equipment Rebate - rebate offer is a rip off!
- AT&T - crooks
- AT&T - sending a replacement devices with expired warranty.
- AT&T U - Verse - at&t rewards
- AT&T - Marina Del Rey Retail Store - no contract wireless phone service