Resolved ATT — automatic renewal falsified
This company AT&T states that we had an automatic renewal. We did not. We signed up for regular phone / internet service in 2005 when we first opened. We changed nothing since that time. An office in Atlanta, Georgia, claimed they were AT&T (formerly Bell South) and claimed only they were the ones to handle our contract. We contacted AT& T after receiving a phone call to renew the contract for another three years. We told them we were not renewing the contract. We would only deal with month to month. The woman faxed a document saying she needed to have it signed in order to cancel. We signed and then faxed back. She claimed later it did not go through and needed to fax it again. Again we followed directions. Later at the end of this year we called to disconnect. This same agnet /office then claimed they had a renewal. We went through this several times. I then noted why would they have notes on our cancellation if it was automatic. It was noted we were canceling. We now have a large bill from AT&T for $1663.31 A total fabrication. They cancelled the phone line then went on to say the bill is for canceling in advance. Please advise.
More ATT Complaints & Reviews
- C4 Connections / AT&T - carl blust
- AT&T - uverse equipment returns
- Vesta AT&T - unauthorized bank charge
- AT&T Uverse - service
- AT&T - billing rip-off
- AT&T DSL Equipment Rebate - rebate offer is a rip off!
- AT&T - crooks
- AT&T - sending a replacement devices with expired warranty.
- AT&T U - Verse - at&t rewards
- AT&T - Marina Del Rey Retail Store - no contract wireless phone service