Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] ans phone

Phone lost service, it loses service every time I charge it. This time the service won't come back...

[Resolved] lifeline

I was looking to replace my phone with a smartphone. I noticed on the Assurance Wireless website that the Samsung J3 Achieve was compatible with the service as they were selling the phone for $109.99. I happened to check the Virgin Mobile USA website and they had the same phone for $69.99. I couldn't understand the price difference considering Virgin Mobile USA offers the Lifeline service under the Assurance Wireless brought to you by Virgin Mobile brand. So, I contacted Assurance Wireless and was told that devices not provided by or purchased through Assurance Wireless are compatible. I know this to be true because the phone I am replacing was purchased from the Virgin Mobile website a few years ago and I have been using it with the Assurance Wireless service. Since I was told the phones were compatible, I went ahead and ordered the phone from Virgin Mobile USA, because, why pay $40 more fore the phone if I didn't have to. I received the phone and when I attempted to activate it via the Virgin mobile website, I received a message that the phone couldn't be activated because it wasn't an Assurance Wireless phone.

I am of the opinion that Assurance Wireless/Virgin Mobile USA are trying to swindle money from customers. I plan to file a complaint with the FCC and contact my members of congress as well. A company like Virgin shouldn't be getting tax payer dollars.

• Assurance Wireless's response · Apr 10, 2019

@evissam
    We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. We value your business and appreciate you as our customer. For security purposes and to further assist you please send us an email at [email protected] with the following information:

Assurance Wireless Phone Number:
    PIN:
    Full Name:
    Address:
    Last 4 of SSN:
    Date Of Birth:

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] coolpad illumina 3310a

I had an Android ZTE that started to malfunction, so I requested a new phone and I received an ANS phone and...

[Resolved] zte phone

I bought a phone from Assurance wireless ZTE it doesn't let me block unwanted callers the phone that I had as a replacement would let me block numbers . This phone I paid 83.00 i have tried to down load app to block callers and it has some kind of ZTE scam on it saying if I answer the question for being the 1 million person to use this web site and for purchasing ZTE phone you get 1000 gift certificate when in fact Walmart has Scam me of my money already then I spend all answering calls from the Scam hotline of questions.

• Assurance Wireless's response · Apr 10, 2019

Last 4 of SSN:
    Date Of Birth:

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] phone disconnected

My phone broke then I paid $25 for another one which broke within 2 weeks. I called them and apparently I wa...

customer service agent Joan i1716750202 & customer service as a whole. no help just trying to get me to pay more!!

I called 611 on 12-14-18. I spoke to an agent i told them my phone recharge jack was not working. I was told...

receiving defective phone

I purchased a phone on assurance wireless phone store, upon arrival the phone has been found to have a large...

actual phone and customer service

I made a call to assurance wireless on november 2018 to request a replacement phone and was issued a replacement phone 3 maybe 4 days later I got the replacement in the mail. I started to receive reminder text messages on my new phone to send back my broken phone. The first text message I got about the reminder was on december 1, 2018 at 6:13 pm... The reminder says to send back the old phone or my service will be suspended...

On the day I called for the replacement was the day I threw my broken phone away.
Not knowing that I am suppose to send it back. If I would have known I wouldn't ha e thrown away the broken phone. When I received my new phone along came with a stamped envelope for the return of the phone. I knew then that im suppose to send so. Ething back which makes a lot of sense. But mind you I have had replacements before and I never had to send anything back???
To make a long story short. I was not informed or instructed to send the broken phone back upon receiving my new replacement phone. And I don't remember having to do so after hanging up with assurance wireless on the day I requested for the replacement... So I threw the phone in the garbage!!
I don't have $25 to pay for a [censored] phone. The replacement phone that I got right now needs to be replaced again!!!...
I told customer service that I can not afford $25 and if it's another way I can get my service on again? Some illiterate person claiming to be the manager srtred to tell me that there was no possible way I can ever get another phone through the obama free phone act unless I pay $25 for the phone I could not send back and then my service wi be turned on!!
Wow. I wouldn't pay for this phone if it were $2.99!!! Let alone $20 that I can't afford.
I started to ask the manager other questions and found out that he hanged up on me.

Now I have no phone
I have no service and I am left unable to keep in contact with family and loved ones on christmas and new years!!
And there is no way I can pay for a job or food stamps due to one the customer service representative hang up on me.
2 is because I no longer have the right to get a phone through the obama phone act.
Because assurance wires failed to inform me of what I needed to to do upon recipe ing new replacement phone.

Pleaze someone hear my cry.
Help me get my point across and get what I deserve.

I thank you for the time...
Cynt.
Aka... Cynthia t. Hayag
1917 6tb street
Apt. 4
Berkeley. Ca 94710

phone not working properly

Hello, my name is James S. Jacobs and I've been having a really hard time getting another phone because my...

[Resolved] cell phone

over a month ago i paid 25$ for a replacement phone when i called to activate it i was told it had a viru...

replacement phone

After having my old phone replaced I called to have new one activated the next evening my phone froze up when...

my lifeline phone, defective equipment

I applied for lifeline services back in Sept. 2017 and I faxed qualifying information. I never received phone even tho this company has all my private information. I applied again this Oct. 2018. After faxing a complaint letter and spending hours on phone with customer service, I finally received a phone. It worked one day. I borrowed a friends phone to call and complain. The phone was not damaged, it kept giving me error messages such as contacts stopped, messages stopped. So I have a phone that I cannot make a call on of answer messages or check voicemail. A replacement phone was sent that worked exactly 5 days and I had same exact issues. Error messages that state android has stopped, every app has stopped. Now when I try to call Assurance and I put the phone # that I am calling about, I only get recording. It is impossible to speak with a person. I faxed a letter to Assurance so they were notified in writing on [protected] that replacement phone is defective also. I have not heard back or received a phone that works. Lifeline is a government program and I think Assurance is receiving funds but the low income families that need the phone services the most are not receiving that. I had a phone for 1 day in Nov. that I could use, than 5 days in the month of Nov.

cell phone that I just got not to long ago

I just got this phone not to long ago and it won't even hold a charge and I had it on three different chargers and it still dont hold a charge and so I called the company and the dude was going to send me a phone but I told him not to send to my grandma house because I dont live with my grandma any more but then when the dude told me to call back and some could help me I did and the lady that answer said it was going to cost me and the dude never told Me I had to pay the last time and they should be able to replace it free of charge because it malfunction after a few days when got it

my phone

BEWARE OF ASSURANCE WIRELESS this comany is corrupt..I have been with them since 2013..when I moved in 0ct. 2018..Called them immediately gave them my new address, got text saying address was updated and confirmed ..3 weeks later my service was terminated saying I never applied with them or gave new address..are they kidding?..had service for 5yrs.. and have text confirming address updated..they are absolute liars..talked to a supervisor named John not American but think Phillipine that is were their call center is, they speak bad English hard to understand..this John guy did asolutely nothing to help...now I have to reapply again..and have to pay for service which I did today money confirmed taken out of my bank account ...suppose to get 100minutes for 10.00 and they cut my service after 30minutes...so basically stop my service for no reason after 5 years and cut short on the minutes that I paid for myself...I imagine the reapplication that I sent in will most likely not ever get process correctly...or they will claimed they never got it...Assurance Wireless is not going to get away with this corrupt behavior, the proper agencies will be notified...so you have been put on notice Assurance Wireless cause your company is going to be Terminated with your shady business practices.

free phone program

I was in the free phone program.I moved but gut I guess I forgot to tell them so when it came time to recertify I didn't get whatever I needed to recertify. So 1 day I suddenly couldn't use my phone unless I paid money&when I bought minutes they were gone fast.I don't even use my phone much except calling doctors&calling in refills to the pharmacy but I've been filling out applications on paper&online for about 2 months filled out about 10 applications everytime I get denied &it says the reason is invalid /unverified address .I've called&emaled them I don't know how many times trying to find out why I keep getting turned down but they only just send me another application . I sometimes put my city as Kemp because my mail goes through there first but actually live in Seven Points Texas some of the first applications I sent in said Kemp&the ID I sent while applying was expired&said Kemp I believe. When calling in 1 time I talked to a girl that said if I get an ID that was up to date that has the address where I live now on it&send a filled out application with the address I live now ow on it they should stop denying me saying my address is invalid or can't be verified .T he last person I talked to I could hardly understand all I could understand was something about application &recertifying &gave me some number.I didn't know what it was for so when I put it in there site it said my application request has been processed &a application was on it's way I' ve contacted them by email they've asked me for information&I give it to them &they just want to send me another application I don't know if it's because I live in an RV park or they don't know that there is a small town called Seven Points because they still have it in there system that I live in Kemp.the last email I was rude because it has been ridiculously hard just to get back in the program I've been trying over a month&it has me very stressed out

my phone

I called on 11/26/18 spoke with a guy I believe his name was Mike and he refused to let me talk to a...

[protected]/phone/ customer service

I recently recieved a phone which is the ans phone. The phone is malfunctioning. I called customer service on 11/17/18 and asked for a replacement phone. They originally told me that they could overnight the phone to me at the address that I was at. Then told me that the phone would get to me on 11/20/18 at 575 w. Washington street in greenville, sc. I recieved an email stating that I would reciev the phone on 11/20/18 3hours away from where I was. I called back to strighten the situation out and spoke to gie and her supervisor who told me to call fed ex to reroute the phone wich was not possible at all. My issue is customer service is very rude and they do not listen to the customers issue. All they do is try to hurry the customer off of the phone. I am still without a properly working phone. I would like a replacement phone sent to 575 w. Washington street greenville, sc 29601 please.

customer service

I moved to Texas in June and have been having trouble getting my assurance wireless phone situated. I be sent in copy's of my socail services and socail security information because I'm disabled with a disabled child. Today I called spoke with a lady who said her name was angel wouldn't give me her last name and when I asked to be transferred to a manager she said the manager was busy and than hung up on me. But during the phone call she kept interrupting me and wouldn't let me finish me sentence. This is ridiculous behavior and I've never in all my life had such issues. I've been an assurance wireless customer for many years and I would like a call from a supervisor asap [protected] my address is 424 Cullen Ave El Paso Texas 79915.

cell phones they provide do not work

Assurance wireless for the ten or so years that I've been with them never has given me a functional phone. They did not give their customers the option of purchasing a phone up until a few months ago when they opened their online "store". The cheapest phone available in this online store is 70 dollars. And that is a refurbished phone which of course will not work and which their terms and conditions says the customer needs to pay 25 dollars just to send it back once the customer discovers it does not work. The cheapest new phone they are selling costs 130 dollars and that is EIGHTY dollars more what the exact same model costs at boost mobile. Evil evil evil!!! This is socialism for ya!! Free ain't really free!! The government t will NOT take care of you. This free government lifeline service provider abuses and misuses the homeless the disabled and the elderly. All of you reading this please file complaints about assurance wireless at the FCC dot gov website click for the consumer the new go a bit down and click "file a complaint ". Let's hope and pray that if enough of us file complaints with the FCC we will see change with this wicked cell phone provider.

agents and providing poor customers service

I called in on 10/17/18 for $15 unlimited plan agents took credit card infomation put me on brief hold to...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices