Menu
Assurance Wireless company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

344 complaints
34 resolved 310 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Assurance Wireless customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Assurance Wireless. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
H
7:30 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am currently on the phone with an agent who now has me on hold for a total of 20 minutes because I asked her to speak with a supervisor, she stated that the manager is just going to tell you the same thing that I'm telling you. I recently purchased a replacement phone, once I receive the phone, a week later I received a letter stating that I was suspended...

A
4:52 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

They turned off my phone over the old phone when they should of received it. To month ago and when I called they said my phone would be off in 3 days it's been over 3 day and my phone is still off I want my phone turned back on and when somebody calls and leaves a voicemail it should not take any minutes my name is Annette Lomelino. My account number is 213178 and my address is 1130 north Noble street virden IL 62690

6:44 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I called on August 9, 2019 because I received a letter from Assurance Wireless stating that I have not used my cell phone within the last 25 days. I have not used it because it is broken and it never worked well from the beginning. That will be the last time I let that happen. I first spoke to John and he was so clueless about explaining to me why the...

View 0 more photos
I
2:31 pm EDT

Assurance Wireless - Service

A coworker approached me on 7th & lorene in Victorville, California 92395 asking whether or not I would like assurance wireless service. I constantly said no to her because their past services didnt provide the service promised. She asked me what happened. I let her in on how my phone keeps shutting off. Then she asked for my food stamps & ID letting me know that she can figure the problem out using my info. Going through the info I noticed she was signing me up to qualify for a phone! I said no then took my info then the next day signing up for another service CLEARLY stated that I was signed up with assurance wireless assuming that she submitted my information. I NEED my services off immediately. I dont have a phone number because I didnt AUTHORIZE the sale in the FIRST place. I went through customer serbice via mobile but was acting like a smartass. I nicely requested a supervisor & the operator was giving me attitude & kept asking "why" then hung up on me.

6:13 pm EDT

Assurance Wireless - Bridge a cell phone number

I got a new assurance wireless virgen phone couple weeks ago, when I got it, I asked the guy who was at the store if I can keep my old number on the new phone and he told me YES, to just call couple weeks after to bridge, then I called today 08-07-2019 at 8:58 AM at [protected] to bridge my old phone number to my new assurance wireless phone, the person who helped me (Ryan) told me the it was going to expedite and will take like an ahour to handle and he will call me back, so since I didn't hear from him, I called back the same number and spoke to RR and supervisor Alex, and after almost an hour talking to both of them they told me that they can NOT bridge my phone number, I just don't understand why "NOT", it not like I am getting a new number, thats my phone number. I have many years with this phone number and don't want to lose it, I am not working right now and that's why I got this assurance wireless virgen phone, and the bill for my old phone is due tomorrow 08-08-2019 and I don't want to pay it. I need your help... since I spent the whole day dealing with your customer service and they did't do anythinhg.

M
4:07 pm EDT

Assurance Wireless - Ul 40 phone, customer service lies and hang ups

This problem has been going on for several weeks. In July I added monies to my account as I was out of minutes. A couple days later, I called Assurance to confirm my monies would be carried over to August. The rep I spoke with asked how I liked the service and was I satisfied. I told him I was happy with the service but the phone I received has problems: dropping calls, can't receive or send phones, text messages don't download, can't access internet etc etc etc. The rep apologized and said would send new phone will call back on Aug 1 with tracking information. I never received a call back. Fast forward to August 3, agent said, no record of new phone request, but phone was sent July 23. I checked records, July 23 2018 the phone I now have was sent. Requested supervisor, talked with Frank, explained situation said will get new phone ordered and sent with no charge, will send ref # and tracking number to my personal email. August 4, no email received. August 5 2019 11am MDT got rep explained situation said will escalate I should have a cb in 15 minutes. No call back. 11:37 am I called and requested to be put in contact with US rep, rep refused and hung up. 11:39 I called back, once again asked for a US rep, cs rep argued and put me on hold with sprint IVR. 11:51 rep back I explained voicemail issue and wanted refund of 40 minutes on vm as phone doesn't always disconnect. More argument over how to use voicemail. (I am technically savvy and don't need this repeatedly explained to me.) Once again req US rep, again put on hold. 11:59 rep back, not listening to what I am saying, again requested supervisor. Put on hold again. 12:04 rep again explaining minutes. Once again I said I understand how minutes work and requested supervisor. On hold again. 12:08 Rae on the phone, I explained AGAIN and put on hold. 12:13 Rae, said phone activated 8/1/2019...I said no, this phone activated 2018...last year. On hold again. 12:20 Explained to Rae AGAIN all the phone problems and how I have been lied to several times. Requested senior supervisor. 12:37 Got supervisor, before I could explain, the call hung up. 12:38 called back got disconnected in the IVR. 12:38 called back got Shane, explained again, asked for super and was put on hold AGAIN. 12:49 rep now saying she is in the US (outright lie) and trying to sell me a replacement phone as this phone out of warranty. I requested supervisor and was put on hold AGAIN. 12:55 Tt Gabriel, same story, explaining vm minutes. Again, I said I understand and this is only a symptom of the problem which is the phone itself. I asked for a phone number for the US and a senior supervisor. Put on hold but line not muted, I could hear background conversations in Hindi. 1:08 Gabriel says sending to escalation department and refused to get senior supervisor on the phone, refused US phone number. ON HOLD AGAIN.
1:19 TT Aaron who claims to be a supervisor, at least he had read through the file on the problems. Refused US rep or phone number. I said, " Tired of being lied to, mis-led etc. Been on the phone with Assurance for 2 hours and 20 minutes trying to get this situation resolved. Been disconnected, hung up on, and am tired of the BS being slung at me."

What I received is lots of platitudes. I worked for 25 years in a call center for Citibank in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I know how these things work. India has MAJOR language and training problems.

2PM I do have a confirmation number for a new phone: [protected] and a reference number [protected]. Whether or not I will get a new phone remains to be seen.

10:07 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This woman name Karyn she's 1 of the managers of alot of workers that work for assurance wireless street team. This Karyn woman is very rude and inappropriate behavior to her customers and workers that she says she is "training"! My friend actually works for one of the companies too and he told me that you only supposed to work with one company and I...

B
8:40 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My life line has been suspend due to the input of wrong information. I reported to aris in customer service that I had spoke with management for the past 3 day on the error. No one wanted to help me. They only wanted me to pay the money. I was eligible for a free year replacement phone on may 27 2019. I received a replacement phone on June 16. Assurance...

T
10:03 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've spoken with the same customer service agent the last five times I've called. She had me drive to a different zip code because I needed to connect with another tower. I also had her spend 20 minutes showing me how to turn off and on my phone when I called for her to activate my data plan, which has not been working since I received the phone. She sent...

L
4:38 pm EDT

Assurance Wireless - Assurance lifeline assistance program

We helped my elderly mom apply for a phone at least twice. Gathered all of the information, support documentation, got copies, etc. Applied, then for months heard nothing. They said they hadn't received anything. So we tried again. This time we decided to send application online to make sure that it didn't/couldn't get lost in the mail or anything. Months later, still heard nothing. So we decided to call and check on the application. When we tried to explain to the customer rep that we had already sent an application and heard nothing back, she was trying to verify information and didn't seem like she could find it. She said some other things, but we couldn't understand what she was saying because of her accent and she was speaking really fast. We told her we sent the application and haven't heard anything about the application, after a few minutes, the rep said something like "one moment" then we heard an auto voice that said "you've called after hours" and then it hung up. It was about 3 pm in the day. We immediately called back. We got another rep. We told him how we had submitted an application online, and he asked for info such as name and address and said on his end it showed no application was sent. I told him when we sent it. He told us he'd send another application to us. We asked him what could have caused their system to lose the application or for it not to go through when we sent it. My mom told him she had already applied twice but each time they never seem to get the application. She asked to speak to a supervisor. The man asked why. And she reiterated, she felt something was wrong because she keeps sending applications but they never seem to get it. She asked to speak to the supervisor calmly at least three times. Then we heard click. The rep HUNG Up. That was extremely RUDE, disrespectful to my elderly mom who only wanted to know what was going on with her application. I knew right then, we did not want to use this service. Something is not right here. If you are going to have a phone with a company, you want to have good, knowledgeable courteous customer service and reps who you can understand what they are saying. If we are having this problem before even getting a phone with their service, I can't imagine how it would be having a phone and needing their help!

W
9:43 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Ok i had been calling assurance wireless to change the # i had with you to the true connect phone and everyone was so kind but the girl i spoke to earlier on [protected] told me tell tru connect that they just have to put in the assurance wireless acct # and the pin and they would give them the number but when i called true connect they said they did not get...

D
9:50 am EDT

Assurance Wireless - Bad customer service

Gotten approved for a phone since May 2019 it's not 3 months later still no phone. I've spoken to several "Supervisors" which did me no justice. As soon as I asked for the number to corporate they stated there's no number so basically I have to deal with them. I go online to do some research just to see they have nothing but bad reviews. Worst customer service ever

11:59 pm EDT

Assurance Wireless - Cell service

In December of 2018 I received in assurance wireless phone number . That phone did not work so I was sent a return label to return the phone. I returned the phone.

Nobody offered to send me a new phone.

5 months later, A friend told me that I could have gotten a replacement phone. So I called Assurance Wireless and asked them if they could please send me a new phone.

That woman verified that they had received my first defective phone back in December 2018 and sent me a new phone, waiving the $5 fee. After 2 months of having my new phone, my service has been shut off and my account has been suspended.

Now assurance Wireless is telling me that they never received my original return 7 months ago!

This is not possible.

The woman who sent me the new phone verified that it had been received.

Why would Assurance send me a new phone if they hadn't verified that they had received my old phone 5 months prior? Why am I now being disconnected 7 months after returning my phone?

I am disabled and I need this phone to be able to dial for emergency services and I am holding Assurance Wireless liable if I am not able to call for emergency services.

Please turn my phone back on.

I was told this was sent to an escalation Department. Please ask the escalation Department to turn my phone back on.

J
1:30 pm EDT

Assurance Wireless - Cellular device

I'm being held liable for cell phone that I was not notified, by CSR, nor written notification to be returned. It was not until I notified Assurance of the problem, that a letter was sent informing to return the phone. Still the letter did not hv instructions, no return labels, NOTHING! on how, who, or where to return phone. I even have sent an email requesting information on how to return the phone. Only response I received was asking for my address. I returned email with my address (noting that my address is already on file). This have been 30+ days and I still HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY INFO TO HOW RETURN PHONE.
I'm asking that this matter be given to senior management or a complaint team. It's been since 4/2019. Josie Edwards or [protected]@ymail.com
219 West Harden St. #132
Graham NC 27253

6:00 pm EDT

Assurance Wireless - zte cell phone

For the past serverl months I can hardly make any calls or texts it seems like I never have enough bars to do anything, one minute there's 1/2 bars but never enough for a call or tex I rely on this for my teens in case of an emergency, since I've been with you guys I have never had these issues and now I do.not sure if there's not enough cell towers in my area, but the only time I seem that I can do anything is in the evening if I'm lucky with that, if I have 1 bar I still don't have enough to call or tex, right now I can't even use my phone at all like I said it's never been this bad,

7:45 am EDT

Assurance Wireless - Suspension of phone service

I have a government phone and Service provided by the Assurance Company. My service has been suspended since the begining of June 2019.
my phone was replaced and I received the new phone I then informed the Company that I did not receive the returning envelop, I provided my po box for the envelop to be sent, they took my po box address, in May 2019 I called again that I did not receive the returning envelop into into my po box, I was told that they sent it but would not give me any info about the tracking number where did they send it, instead I was told to wait some more days, which I did. Ten days later I called again that I did not receive the returnig envelop in which I will send the damaged phone, they told me to provide the residential address, I told them that you already sent it as I spok earlier with one of the represetative which I did not receive and I informed the Company, and the second thing is that its just the envelop not the phone you can send it to my po box which I can receive securely and easily they said no we need the residential address or your service will be suspended. My service is suspended illigally therefore, it must be immidiatly restored or the FCC will be informed about this issue.
I am asking the Assurance Company Vergin Island that my service must be rsetored or I will take this issue to the FCC, the Assurance Company represetatives must tell the truth to its customers and our call must not be transfered to another country as we applied from the US then we need to speak on the phone with some one in the US not out-routed to a different country.
My phone number is [protected]
Address: PO Box 1146, New York NY 10163 USA.

Y
2:04 pm EDT

Assurance Wireless - imx phones and customer service

I made the mistake of going back to assurance well I got the imx phone. Charger went out first week was told they don't replace chargers buy one. The battery would never hold more than a couple of hours charge, no need to carry it anywhere with you or use it due to this. It constantly burnt up the battery. Called numerous times was hung up on after long waits or take battery out and rub with a pencil eraser. Still nothing after years of no service and I don't Kno how anybody got replacement phones. Assurance always said you don't qualify or you can pay 5 bucks and get another phone. Where's the year warranty I never got mine, signals were weak lot of dead zones. So I spent all this time with basically no phone service at all and very rude non English speaking idiots our taxes are paying. I hope I am finally done with these junk phones. People a phone that won't hold a charge is no good. Try telling that to Chang in china.i called the company that regulated these companies they can treatment us any way nobody regulates then.if these phones are lifelinks to help low income or elderly and poor people. It's not happening it's all about tax payers money. After a year I finally got my account counseled after many arguments and lies from [censored].csrs. these phones are junk the whole programs a scam. Beware this company.

N
5:47 am EDT
Assurance Wireless has left an official reply on this complaint.

Assurance Wireless - The cell phones and their customer service!

I received a replacement phone when I asked how much it would be to upgrade the phone I had for over 5 years! That's when all the problems started & I've never had a company be so rude and not even care about their products or services. I guess I'm lucky because I'm on welfare & don't do anything is what I was told! So now I have a phone with no instructions or manual and I barely can make a call & I can't find anything anywhere on how to use it or any information! On my account it's just listed by my telephone number? I could go on & on & on but I've told my story so many times to so many people I'm tired of telling it! I would love to switch carriers but I can't. I'd love to get a cell phone case to protect my investment but they don't make any! So why did I even fill out this form? just in case this might make a difference? I'll keep looking until I die! Sincerely a tired customer of an ungrateful company! Welcome to The US! N1ck1 Brown!

K
2:12 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I received my cell phone today from Assurance Wireless...date of today June 5, 2019...Wednesday. I called the [protected] no less than FIVE TIMES!!! I cannot remove the back of this phone, which is a UMX, and nobody wanted to help me. I went through the same spiel/non instructions because your non-American agents would and could not help me. I have proof...

L
10:47 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

RE: Please provide customer service. Laurita Mechy [protected] My phone is charged, green light is on, and the phone seems to be dead! please refer this to someone who can help me. I do not have another phone to call you and email is a good vehicle to communicate. I was away for two months, in California, and my phone went to ROAMING status so I shut...

Assurance Wireless contacts