Menu
Assurance Wireless company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

347 complaints
34 resolved 313 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Assurance Wireless customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Assurance Wireless. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
5:56 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

To whom it may concern, I called assurance wireless because I paid money to get 1 GB of Data added for a one time service fee. I paid it and it was taken from my bank account. But was not credited with the 1 GB of Data. So I called to say something is wrong and the employee of assurance wireless got the information and looked into it and said I was wrong...

4:32 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My service began Aug. 31, 19, the phone I was sent, quit charging and constantly had problems apps not working right, when I wanted to use, lock screen on and the start page in chrome running. Customer service is terrible. 1st time they were great, but they didn't do what they said they would. I complained about phone, that I was using my 2gigs of data...

2:57 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Assurance Wireless - Umx phone; horrible customer service: tech support is a joke! Cancelling service!!!

The UMX phone I received does not work where I live. I need a phone that is capable of Wifi calling, which most phones now do.

I spent over 10 minutes on the phone with customer service in Philippines asking to be transferred to tech support...they would not transfer me! She did not even understand what I was asking about!

FINALLY someone who said they were tech support answered, but did not have a clue what I was talking about. She kept wanting to send me the same replacement phone. There is no support at this company, all anyone knows is to read off scripted questions. THE WORST WASTE OF TIME!

After I educated her (I had to educate "tech support") what Wifi capable phones did, and she told me they don't have any.

The worst performing customer service, "tech support" I have ever encountered. For a junk phone that won't work where I live.

Cancelling this company and finding another.

L
1:46 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This is the first email I sent to customer service on 12/15/2019 I've only had your service for 2 days and have already had to call to fix problems making phone calls, sending text messages and getting online. Was told the problems we're solved. Well that didn't happen. What good is having 3 gigs of data if you can't use it? Facebook, Instagram, Messenger...

T
11:33 pm EST

Assurance Wireless - Umx u683cl

Im on my 3rd phone and its garbage just like the 1st 2. Contantly freezing up, constantly apps not responding message pops up, no voicemail notification, doesnt have service more than it does every time i want to make a call or send a text i have to restart the phone, rarely do incoming call come thru. When call customer service about the issue get told have to call back from another phone well most people who needs a government free phone dont have another phone to call from hence why they need a free phone. Assurance wireless used to use acatel phones they werent the top best phones but they worked with less issues and are cheap. With so many negative feedback why not go back to acatel. Umx phones all suck n are p.o.s. phones

1 comment
Apr 23, 2020 10:23 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This UMX device gives me itchy, dry, cracked pains in my palms wrists arms and skin, this cellphone should be recalled

3:50 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My free Lifeline Assurance Wireless service does not work. What kind of "Lifeline" is it if I can't make a call when I need to, or can't send a text without restarting the UMX phone multiple times and hope for a connection. I do not receive incoming calls (I might get 1 out of 15), nor do they show up in history, or missed calls. I might get a notification...

9:59 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This company Assurance wireless parks itself in front of the Department of Social Services or the 99 cent store in the valley/Chatsworth CA 91324 soliciting for new customers... The phone is touted as being for the poor... You are cut off after a year because you have to sign up new every year... For not having a residence but a p o box where you want your...

F
3:18 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Assurance wireless lifeline service - Problem is that phone often does not ring when people call in — sometimes rings; sometimes not. It is inconsistent within the same hour. Warning - beware of using assurance wireless for california lifeline service, they have a worthless phone system in norcal. (it doesn't matter if it is "free" to you, if you don't...

L
8:09 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

During the month of October my phone began deteriorating. It wont hold a charge and wont charge past a certain percentage as well as the metal inside the charger holder is slipping out when I remove the charger. I called assurance wireless at the end of October to let a representative know about this. I was told I qualified for a new phone. The...

B
2:41 pm EST

Assurance Wireless - Activate phone and contact company

Just ordered a new phone I am trying to activate it can't get ahold of customer service every time I call they're stating that I need to recertify but when I try to recertify it's switching mean to tell me to go to the website I go to the website they locked me out of my account so now I'm unable to reactivate my phone and I'm unable to recertify my phone please contact me at [protected]

F
7:45 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Problem - assurance wireless phone not ringing when someone calls: Assurance wireless phones often (50% of time or more) do not ring and/or vibrate when there is an incoming call, such that incoming calls are unknown, unanswered, and eventually go through to voice mail. The sound settings are always set correctly. The ringer volume is always set to high...

C
2:05 pm EDT

Assurance Wireless - Phone and customer service

Contact a customer service via email did the verification 5 times just to get an answer. Half the time the phone doesn't even work I dropped it on carpet in the screen not cracked but internally is messed up I can only see half the screen. it's still under warranty but they won't send me a replacement unless I pay $5 for shipping. Finally after 3 weeks of trying to get the replacement told them I would be looking for a new provider and the email response I got was please confirm cancellation. they should be taken off the list of providers they are the worst phones that they provide are horrible half the time it doesn't work unless I have Wi-Fi on I get notifications assurance wireless unavailable.

View 0 more photos
7:57 am EDT

Assurance Wireless - Not able to receive and make phone calls from my device

I am a lifeline beneficiary, I am disabled and I applied for lifeline service with ASSurance wireless about two weeks ago and I received my phone about one week ago, and on the onset I have had nothing but problems. THe first problem was I didn't have data service (internet), didn't work, so after three days, they got that working after calling and speaking with representatives for three days, spoke with about 5 different people. Now for the past 5 days, I haven't been able to make and receive phone calls, when I dial a number I get a window that pops up that says, "Cellular network unavailable". When I call the number from another rphone it goes to my voice mail after three rings. I have called 6 times to get the problem resolved to no avail, I still cannot make phone calls, but I do have data. The dates are as follows, from 10/15/2019-present. the phone number on the account is; [protected]. The phone has been set and reset many, many times but still cannot make any phone calls what soever.

View 0 more photos
Update by Ray W Smith
Oct 20, 2019 8:58 am EDT

Cannot upload attachments to this website, so why ask to add photos/videos when the site won't allow them to be uploaded, so ridiculous if you can't upload evidence to prove your case.

M
10:04 pm EDT

Assurance Wireless - Garbage android phones and service

I will state that as of today I am never going back to assurance wireless. This has been the nail on the coffin for me. I received a replacement for their god awful umx devices which would not allow me to make phone calls, something a phone would be able to do. After all the hell I went through and even contacting the better business bureau about it to direct my case, they finally agreed on sending a replacement to my home.

After yet another moment of hell to activate that thing (I had to go online to their website to do such instead of just marking a phone number) I find out the same issue plagued it despite of the device being new! What is this nonsense?! How can a phone carrier that prides itself to help those with low resources offer such horrible devices on which you cannot even be able to make phone calls with? Like I said above I am not bothering with this company after this.

Shame on you assurance wireless.

1:59 pm EDT

Assurance Wireless - No incoming calls

Received the phone on 9/09/19 and today is 10/16/19, have not been able to receive and make calls since having it. Was told by the customer service that it's the tower, which is a a lie cause everyone else phones has not problems. I was also told it would work if the phone number was changed, which is also a lie. I explained that yesterday i was home alone and had an medical emergency and could not call anyone for help. I asked for tech support and was told that they would bot transfer me to that dept because everyone in the assurance company all know the same information. This has been a on going problem since the phone service spoke with Lloyd, Mika and Jamhem.

M
5:03 pm EDT

Assurance Wireless - Negligence

I received their smartphone less than a month ago which they provide for free and it has given me constant problems such as not dialing any phone numbers unless I turn off the thing and back on just to do that alone. I contacted Assurance Wireless and they have neglected to repair the phone much less replace it all because I don't have ANOTHER phone on to which call them about tech support. I had already talked to one of their employees and they did anything they could do about it such as resetting it and it still does not function properly. Assurance Wireless will not try and fix my device unless I call them from another phone which is utterly ridiculous. They already tried to find the problem and had failed. They simply refuse to help me any further, especially when I am living in disability and do not have the luxury to pay for phone services. I feel like this company simply takes advantage of the less fortunate.

I
4:52 pm EDT

Assurance Wireless - Phone service

I got told that my phone was going to get shut off if I didn't resend the old device since I got a new one cuz it was broken and the I talked to three different people and they were supposed to send me a shipping label then this morning I got a message saying that they're going to shut my device off tomorrow but it's actually shut off today and I never received the shipping label and I'm trying to figure out where I can mail it to and I'll just pay for it

1 comment
Jun 14, 2021 8:55 am EDT

name Robbie Poppino my assurance wireless phone don't work can't make call at all or think like that [protected]/01/1983 is my date of birthday 2426 is my lest SSI reading get pissed off

B
8:00 pm EDT

Assurance Wireless - Assurance wireless phones

Due to an automobile accident that I was not responsible for, I have been unable to work. I applied for and received a Life Line phone from Assurance Wireless. I am now on my fourth phone device, one of which I paid over 95.00 dollars for of my personal Social Security proceeds. On a09/20/2019, I received the LG Tribute Empire phone that aI was forced to purchase because the three previously UMX630CL phones all malfunctutioned. Now I am on my fourth phone that is also malfunctioning. I am told by Assurance Wireless phone store Customer Service that it may take three to four weeks before I will receive an RMA and for them to process a replacement or refund. I am a retired Senior Citizen with only very limited Social Security income. Please advise me as to how I can obtain a reasonable resolution to this matter. I am isolated and in desperate need to communicate with my Physician an Pharmacy. Thank you,
Floyd O Wilder
[protected]@gmail.com
561.629.0723 ( a malfunctioning Assurance Wireless number)

N
12:55 pm EDT

Assurance Wireless - Assurance wireless

The. Worst service provider claiming to be governments affiliate. I did the national verifier and assurance and was approved by both. However assurance kept wanting me to resubmit an ap application and the web site wouldn't accept another as I was already approved. National verifier also stated, approved so whats the issue. I submitted all documents and yet they still sating need more. I'm done and very dissatisfied with this provider. More so the customer service are rude and talk over you. Now at the end a supervisor suggested i go out and find a field agent. What? Im legally blind and a fall risk and u want me to do what again

H
10:44 am EDT

Assurance Wireless - Phone service

Assurance service is provided by the government as a way to ensure low income people have a way to stay in touch and call for help. The free phones provided required a daily factory reset to function. So I bought mom a Samsung from assurance wireless. Now, with the best phone available through assurance, she still cannot make or receive calls or text messages until she restarts her phone. Mom has copd and has had a stroke. She needs to be able to call for help, as intended with this federal program. Assurance wireless provides a false sense of security to those with their service. It is unreliable.

Assurance Wireless contacts