Ashley HomeStore Logo

Ashley HomeStore

Having problems with Ashley HomeStore?

1800 477 2222 (United States)
8800 505 4223 (Russia)
+1 866 436 3393 (United States)
+61 247 326 285 (Australia)
+31 644 294 732 (Netherlands)
+880 131 301 2571 (Bangladesh)
+673 267 0668 (Brunei)
+593 290 4004 (Ecuador)
+504 25 571 515 (Honduras)
+507 376 0246 (Panama)
+966 920 002 540 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 62 698 155 (Singapore)
+27 127 493 100 (South Africa)
+66 25 147 111 (Thailand)
1 Ashley Way
Arcadia, Wisconsin
United States - 54612-1218

Complaints & Reviews

Ashley Furniture Faux Leather Sofadangerously sharp arm rests

My daughter bought a hybrid (not exactly sure what it's called, but it's a mix of real and imitation leather) leather sofa made by Ashley Furniture. I was with her when she picked it out and neither one of us noticed that the arms of the sofa had dangerously sharp corners and edges until she fell on it and broke her tail bone.

The arms are lower, down by the seat cushions, and have a separate cushion that is attached over the top, but the padding is not thick enough to protect against the sharp edges, nor big enough to go beyond the outer edges. There's no padding over the arm boards AT ALL, just the fabric and the attached sparsely padded cushion sewn on top..

All she wanted Ashley to do was refund her money, take back the sofa and pay her measly part time wages for one week because she couldn't work. They refused to do either.

She has three kids, no way to pay for a new sofa because she only works 20 hrs a week. But her biggest concerns now are that her children may trip or fall against the arms of the sofa and crack their heads open. Head injuries can be fatal!!

We're getting a lawyer, even if I have to pay for it. I think it's wrong of them NOT to stand behind a piece of furniture that has an obvious defect! Shame on them! If one of my grand kids gets hurt on that sofa there will be HELL to pay!

Ashley, if you decide to do the right thing email me at jlrose125 [a] gmail dot com

• Jl
      jlr125 Jun 14, 2014

I'm commenting to correct my statement above, which I typed as:

Correction:
      We're getting a lawyer, even if I have to pay for it. I think it's wrong of them NOT to stand behind a piece of furniture that has an obvious design flaw.

• Ld
      ldacunha Jun 28, 2014

My $2500.00 leather sofa pealed after 2 years When I contacted the store they said there was nothing they could do to help. I will NEVER buy another piece of furniture from them again! Buyer beware!!!

• Fr
      Fred314 Jun 28, 2014

Search Google for
      leather peeling off couch

Ashley Furniture Texascustomer service

The attached photo shows a desk on top and a "matching" office storage cabinet on bottom. After over six weeks since purchase and trying to make this right, even with a sales man in the store and the woodsmith that was sent to take photos agreeing, the store still refuses to replace the cabinet (bottom photo) for me with a piece that actually matches the desk (top photo).

I bought four complete rooms of furniture spending thousands of dollars, and now customer service says they are a "set" and the salesman refuses to return phone calls and the Woodsmith gave an incorrect phone number.

I'll never purchase from them again. After spending as much money as I did, having multiple delivery reschedules that were not because of me and now being told these match... Obviously they don't care about their customers and are not willing to solve problems.

customer service

Ashley Furnituredurablend fabric peeling after 3 months

Ashley Furniture is beautiful on the show room floor. However, my sister and I bought the same couch the same day. Within 3 months the fabric began to slit and peel. Ashley does not follow through with their warranty specifications. I am embarrassed of my furniture and the only option is to burn it and buy better. My sisters couch has duct tape holding together slits on several cushions etc. I have to hide the fabric with throws and blankets. Ashley Furniture should pay for their lack of customer support and extremely poor quality furniture!

Ashley Furniturepoor quality poor service

We purchased top of the line leather furniture and the seating started to sag after 2 days.
        I tried to rerun the furniture because of poor quality and I was told I could only exchange it, I replied that I had the best quality furniture they made so why would I exchange it for a lesser quality product and have store credit to buy more garbage?
        The swivel rocker was delivered defective.
        We called customer service that sent a technician out to look at the problem. They sent me a box and I scheduled a 2nd appointment only to find out that I had nothing I needed to repair any of the problems and that everything I needed wasn't even ordered.
        I wish I would have read some of these complaints before shopping and I do believe all of them.
        I have only shared some of my bad experience with you.

Ashley Furnituresalesperson

My husband and I went to Ashley Furniture in Winnipeg St. James on Saturday April 5th at about 2.30 pm. We entered the store and we started looking at the products. We are building our new home so we started browsing all the areas. Then a salesperson approached to us and asked what brought us there that day and we told him that we were browsing. He left us and we kept looking around. Then he approached us again asking if we wanted a flyer we politely said no and he wouldn't take no for an answer. He started coming too close to us and invading our personal space. When we refused to take the flyer he asked "what are you looking for?" At this point my husband started getting frustrated and told him "nothing". And the salesperson asked if he was bothering us and my husband said yes. He said it was his job and told us we should have stayed at home and browsed the website instead of coming to the store. He was rude, invading our personal space and wouldn't let us browse peacefully. My husband and I have a pretty wide social circle and we decided to spread the word in person and online.

• Ra
              RarelyComplain Apr 09, 2014

Don't ever go to Art Van Furniture in Warren MI. Far as I can tell, you aren't allowed in the store unless you have some busy body salesperson in tow constantly harranging you. The one time I told a salesman that selecting a mattress is a real personal thing, let me look around, he was outright rude. I found a mattress I liked, but decided that I wouldn't buy a shoelace from that obnoxious pig. I left, They lost a $1500 sale.

Ashley Furniturefurniture delivered broken parts missing

Went to Ashley furniture to get a new bed and couch. spent over $4000. on furniture. bought a bed and a couch. the bed has a mechanical base. the bed was supposed to be on back order but was supposed to receive the couch the next weekend. got a call Thursday before the scheduled Saturday delivery the couch was on backorder for over 5 weeks. bed delivered in 2 weeks, I was told to leave the current bed frame on my head board and the delivery people would remove my old mattress by sales person, the delivery men told me the bed frame had to be removed, but they couldnt do it and didnt have time for me to do it.(simply lift the rails off the hooks) they did not affix the base to our head board OR give me the hardware to do it myself. they simply set the base offset from my head board by about 6" on each side. and left they would not take my old mattress. they left the paperwork for the bed in the front yard. when the couch was delivered the recliner mechanism was broken - it had a particle board construction and simply fell apart. I was told by the delivery men I could refuse delivery they got on the phone with their manager and he said they had to leave it. I called the customer service right away, and told them I wanted my money back. I was told by my sales person I had 48 hours to get my money back and it had been 5 minutes since I received my furniture. Well the 48 hour clock started ticking 2 months ago when I PAID for it. but they would be happy to charge me to come back and get it and give me the balance in store credit. MEANWHILE I still dont have the hardware for my $3, 000 BED! it has been 8 months since it I paid for the furniture by now. after 3 months of calling and calling and calling we managed to get Ashley to pick up the BROKEN couch and found another couch we dont expect to last but it was either that or lose the $1, 000. we had given them already. We still have not received the hardware for our bed, I have given up calling. it is not worth the frustration. we moved a table to the side of the mattress so it doesnt look so horrible. I will NEVER go to ASHLEY again. I need to get my daughter a bed we are going to a small local shop.

Ashley Furniture Home Storesvery bad customer service horrible management

I bought new furniture spent 4k... Had nothing but damaged furniture delivered.. Promised that management would inspect furniture.. Never happened unless they were blind... Had non english speaking drivers.. Customer service was very poor. Wanted to send me leather patches to fix new furniture. I asked to speak to management.. Had to wait 24 to 48 hours... Not a phone call.. Then finally spoke to a manager named alicia.. Who was rude and nasty and said if you don't like our policies but else where... I canceled my order and they wanted to charge me a restock fee for damaged furniture... Stay away people stay away...

Ashley Furnituresonoma sofa and recliner

Purchased Sonoma sofa and matching recliner in August of 2012.

Developed an issue with one recliner in June 2013 where the leather developed two circle (dime size) where leather was gone.

They came out promptly and replaced the section on the recliner.

January 2014 developed a missing leather spot (dime sized) on sofa seat area. Called retailer and received the warranty expired sorry.

My complaint. This is a known issue with this specific item. Furniture should last longer than 1 1/2 years.

There needs to be some accountability with retailers selling inferior products and not standing behind their products. I paid cash so it's not like I can stop payments.

Remember, nice stores and displays but lousy quality.

Ashley Furniture — damaged tables

Like so many other reviews posted, I made a BIG mistake buying from Ashley Furniture. The problem is the...

Ashley Furniture / Signature Collectionbroken couch/ delivery

We bought furniture Sept. 20 2013. They called to set up delivery, the earliest date was November 23. They delivered it at 7 pm that might and whrn they set the reclining couch up, we got powered recliners the one side wouldn't recline they looked and the frame was broke on the couch. They said they would leave it here our old furniture was already removed and they would put a request in for a new couch. They said someone would call us on Monday morning. After waiting until 2pm that day I called them and was told I would have to wait until Dec 30 for my delivery of a new couch. I told them that was not acceptable, icdud not break the couch, it was delivered that way and I shouldn't have to wait for them to fix the problem. I was told that the furniture was useable and that just because it couldn't recline the couch could still be sit on. I said I didn't pay the extra money for a recliner to have one not worked. They said there was nothing they could do! I told them to come pick up the furniture I no longer wanted it. My husband called about an hour later and I explained to him what was going on. He was upset, but said thanksgiving is next week and we were having company and we would have any furniture and for him the furniture was comfortable. Do against my better judgement, I called back 2 hours after speaking to them and said order the new couch, they now said the new delivery date was Jan. 8, 2014!! How could that be? Well the woman said that'd when it is!!

Ashley Furniture Conroe TXliars

Bought a $800 chair 2 yrs ago with 5 year warranty. Within the 1st year the chair sunk in. They sent a repair man out to add more cushion and they had to take the material off. In less than 6 months the material started to peel. We were told this warranty will cover everything. Not true they lied. Called the store manager yesterday (Hazel) about the chair peeling. Nothing they will do about it. This store and Ashley's products are junk. Don't waste your money on Ashley furniture. Were told the material peel cause of sitting on the chair. really? Who buys a chair just to look at. I can't stress enough to you to NEVER shop Ashley furniture. You are throwing your money away like I did.

• Belleville Dec 06, 2013

The protection plan is bull ###, the sales person CJ Dunn sold it to us because she got commission, they are just interested in the initial sale and once they get your money they don't care about you. They misinform you about the protection plan, you won't hear from them again. When you visit the store, the manager at brandon tampa named joel is the worst person you'll ever meet. Extremely rude and incompetent.

Ashley Furniture — reselection failure

My wife made a reselection on some furniture, the delivery was attempted, the driver reported that there wa...

Ashleyrude and hateful attitude

I came Into the Store about 7:30ish the lobby was mess and the dark haired girl working front regeister was very rude and disrespectful i felt like she was hurrying to get rid of me and my husband and as it seemed has no desire to help us or complete our order, I believe her name taged said ashley or something along that, I have been coming to this store for years and have always had respectful crew help me and my husband but this time it was very rude and made me very upset with the way she went about greeting us and takin our order, I dont not think i will be returning to this store for a very long time

• Di
                          didhomework Aug 05, 2008

I did my homework while looking for new furniture and I found Ashley to be low end throw away furniture in five years. It is expensive for the quality. It was well worth my time after reading this website.

• Ra
                          Rajeev May 12, 2009

I have submitted almost 6 months bill and have not received any gas gift card. Please call me at [protected].

Ashley Furniture-sofadefective workmanship

I purchased a sofa and loveseat along with other items for a total of over $3000.00 from Ashley in Springfield, MO. I live about 60 miles from the store. I picked up the items the following week at their distribution center. Aftef getting it home and unpacked, I sat on the sofa and the frame on the right side creaked lowdly as if the frame is loose. There was also a pillow for the sofa that was not sewn correctly and had a 6" opening in the seam with the fiberfill hanging out. I informed Ashley of the problem and they sent out a replacement pillow but said I'd have to bring the sofa to them for repair of the poor workmanship. This would constitute a 120 mile drive round trip and another 120 mile round trip for me to pick-up the 'hopefully repaired' sofa. 240 miles for me to get their problem fixed. I will never purchase anything else from Ashley and suggest the any potential Ashley customer think twice before doing so. I will inform everyone I possibly can not to do business with Ashley. I could see me having to take it to them if I had it for a while, but this was right out of the box.

Ashley Furniture — montage protection plan

I purchased a leather sofa and loveseat from Ashley Furniture in September 2010. At the time I also purchased...

Ashley Furniture Couchpeeling couch

We purchased a living room set from Ashley furniture store in secaucus in Q4 2009. We spent over a $2000 on that set which included a couch a love seat and side tables. It was a recliner set and we paid a lot of money in comparison to anything else. Not even once were we made aware that the surface will start cracking and peeling in some time. in less than 3 years I observed a few cracks in the couch, that started to worsen. So much so that patches of the leather started to come off making the couch look ugly. (Pic attached). It frustrates me that after having spent so much Money, I am dealing with a faulty product. Not only that, . The chipping leather surface leaves behind small patches and particles in the apartment. I have an infant and I am worried about her breathing in or eating that material. I feel that I was totally ripped off. When I spoke to Ashley store about this they mentioned I write to customer service and that they can't help. At that time I was also told that such chipping was normal, !! Why did they not tell me this before? And who throws away couches after every 2.5-3 years, ESP when one has paid so much money!

There has got to be a way to resolve this. Please see pics below ( this is totally unacceptable product quality ). I am willing to go to any extent to file a complaint against a Ashley . If someone from Ashley reads this, please call me [protected]

peeling couch

Regency / Ashley Furnituredo not shop there

This place sucks! Do not shop here or you will be sorry. We went to the store and purchased $8000 worth of furniture because we were told it would be delivered the next week. WELL, TWO months and numerous complaints later our furniture decided to show up. The furniture was so cheaply made because I'm sure their sweat shop threw it together. The couch had dips in the cushions, my dining table was scratched and everything was just a mess!! Customer service is no good and when you try to get your money back you only get a small portion back according to the return policy. Our mattress was hard as a rock because it wasn't the one we chose. They had our mattress in stock in the warehouse at the store but told us it would be wrapped and delivered in two days. OH NO, that didn't arrive either!!! DO NOT believe what those sales people tell you because they are just trying to make a sale. GO TO A REPUTABLE WELL KNOWN STORE WHERE YOU MIGHT PAY A LITTLE MORE BUT YOU WILL RECEIVE QUALITY MERCHANDISE IN A COUPLE OF DAYS!

Whenever I ride pass that store I flip them the finger and pray for all the helpless people over in the parking lot thinking they are getting a good deal. DO NOT BELIEVE those sale signs, liquidation signs, or going out of business signs. It's all poison to draw you in and once you're in, they're like demons that lie, cheat, and steal. STAY AWAY STAY AWAY and avoid temptation.

Ashley Furniture/Reclining Sofaflammable sofas and chairs

While in meetings with the salesperson about buying the sofa (Dexpen Saddle Ashley 2100061), we asked what the makeup of the fabric was. The salesperson said it was a "blend, " a composite of leather and other substances. It wasn't until the sofa was delivered, complete with a leathery odor, that we got to see the tag that came with it marked "WARNING: FLAMMABLE." Naturally, had we been told that in the store, that anything resembling a flame near it, the "upholstery may burn rapidly, with toxig gas & thick smoke, " we would have been somewhere else in minutes. Who coats consumer furniture with chemicals known to be both flammable and carcinogenic? China. I cannot find out what sort of flammable substance I'm sitting on. Anyone who knows what it is will be doing the buying public a big favor by divulging it.

Ashley Furniture — extended warranty

We purchased over $3000.00 from this store. As Ashley had a good reputation we felt comfortable in...

Ashley Furniturecustomer service

I bought almost a house full of furniture (bedroom, LR, study, kitchen) from Ashley. I noticed the next day that two of the pieces were damaged. The disturbing thing was the desk had two chunks missing from it and someone just slapped putty on it and shipped it out like that. I called Ashley and they stated a tech would have to come and look at it. Tech arrived a week later and made a report that both pieces would need to be replaced. I called a week later and was told it had to be "approved by corporate". They had no idea about the desk even though it was in the same report. I had to call about 4-5 times over the next few weeks and everyone I spoke to had no idea about the desk even though I informed the person that I had spoken to before. They called to arrange delivery of one of the pieces but did not have the desk. After 5 weeks of jumping through hoops they finally called to arrange delivery on a Saturday. I get a phone call 48 hours before telling me they'll be there between 3 and 8pm. I call to reschedule due to a family obligation and I'm told I would have to pay a fee to reschedule and that I needed to call 72 hours in advance, even though I was notified of the time only 48 hours earlier. This is probably the worst customer service I've experienced in quite a while.

• Lf
                                    lflor Dec 23, 2009

Bought my first house a few months ago. Needed some new furniture, including a bed. The day after Thanksgiving, I woke up early (6 a.m.) to make it to the Ashley Furniture early-bird sale. Purchased more than $2, 000 worth of merchandise, including the bed.

Several weeks ago, the furniture was delivered, all but my footboard and headboard. Footboard didn't arrive; headboard was broken. I was OK with that because accidents do happen. This past Monday I contacted the store to find out where my bed was ... to be delivered Wednesday. Today I find out that while the merchandise did arrive, the headboard is broken and that it could be another TEN days before I get my bed.

I tried to explain to the woman that I have been sleeping on the floor and all I want is my bed., and since I will have to wait another 10 days, I just want my money refunded for the bed. She refused, instead offering to bring out a bed frame while I wait (along with a $75 gift certificate). I told her that doesn't help the problem of all the heavy boxes in my bedroom that I am now being forced to live in squalor. She then offered to give me a merchandise credit for the amount. I asked her how does that help me since I would still have to wait for a bed. All I want is my bed ... the one I paid for. Geez.

No satisfaction at all. I will NEVER shop at Ashley again. Ever. I don't care what kind of sales it has. In this economy for a company to totally dismiss a valid request from who-could-have-been a return customer (remember I just bought a house) is completely insane. Don't need 'em; don't want 'em.

• Ca
                                    Cathy Bestland Feb 17, 2011

I purchased a recliner on Jan. 16 2011. I was told it would be 3 to 4 weeks before the chair would be delivered to the store and that they would call me when it arrived. Five weeks later I called to see if my chair had arrived. The manager of the store told me that the chair had been discontinued and that they thought that I had accepted and picked up the floor model instead. But the floor model was still at the store. I was told that I would have to take the floor model which had no warranty. I said I did not want the floor model without a warranty and was told I would have to make another sellection. I said I did not want to make another sellection but if I took the floor model I would want it discounted below the price of the new one with a warranty. I told the manager (Derek) that no one had called me to tell me that the chair had been discontinued or that I would have to take the floor model. The manager laughed at me the whole time we were discussing the matter. I told him I did not find the matter particularly funny and he agreed but kept laughing at me. I was so upset that I could not continue the conversation with him. He refused to give me the name and contact information of his supervisor. He also refused to give me his last name. I still have no chair and they have had my money all this time. They want me to settle for the used chair with no warranty when I paid for a new one with a warranty. I have no recourse but to file these complaints.

• Ca
                                    Carol Marie Jun 02, 2012

A leather sofa was delivered to my home by Ashley furniture drivers. A few days later I noticed the sofa was not sitting properly on the wood frame. Called the store, was referred to customer service [protected]. Got hung up on several times, a date was set for technican to come out and never showedm, turns out it was on a holiday and they were not working that day (dah). Called and rescheduled again, was told I would get a call the night before but of course NO CALL.

Ashley furniture should get a new customer service group, they are not serving you well!