ASF Internationalfraudelent billing

D

I complained to asf international about over-billing me and that I requested cancellation of my membership contract months ago. Chris peterson, customer relations manager at asf international responded to my better business complaint stating that he disagreed with my overall complaint although he agreed that they were billing me more than the membership contract amount.in his words, "the cancellation procedures require mr. Pauls to be current on his payments before we can cancel his membership. Based on that, he will not be receiving a refund and is actually due for july and august. Once we receive payment, we can finalize his cancellation." upon receiving this response, I immediately paid the amount that they said was due as a good faith effort towards resolving this matter. The amount was minimal and I thought it best to stop their flow of income from my wallet before I move my complaint to the next legal punitive tier. Of course, cancellation was not finalized and I received another bill for september membership, along with $49.00 in 'fees' which are unfounded. It never ends. There is nothing ethical or reasonable about this company.

• Br
    Brenda Oct 25, 2008

HELP! I just noticed a with draw from my checking account from ASF International. Previous withdraws were from Health Club Dues Club Dues and Golds Gym, two separate dates. I joined Golds Gym in MD for 1 yr back in 2004. So, I am being billed twice a month for 1 membership. Anyone ever have with draws show on there bank statement from Health Club Dues Club Dues? I think I've been scammed and I'm screwed. HELP!!!

Chris Peterson Jan 27, 2009

Actually, Mr. Pauls' membership was cancelled. He did meet the requirements necessary to cancel. Also. Mr. Pauls' was issued a refund as well.

Chris Peterson
    Customer Relations Manager
    ASF International

• Sc
    Screwed by ASF Sep 16, 2009

I am in the same situation. Not only did Gold's Gym fail to cancel my membership like they told me that they had once I processed the cancellation paperwork, but for the past two years they have also been double charging me through ASF. There are many, many similar stories if you do a Google search for ASF. Buyer be warned---ASF is engages in unethical predatory business practice.

• Jg
    jgportland Nov 23, 2009

I cancelled my health club membership via email to my gym and thought the matter was resolved over a month and a half ago. I called ASF today and they told me that to cancel I needed to give 30 days so they are withdrawing again, so that is two extra months I had to pay because my gym didn't respond to my request. This company has ridiculous customer service, they wouldn't budge and were very rude. Not the kind of place I would want my membership dealing with if I owned a health club.

• Ri
    rippedofflady360 Mar 05, 2010

I received fradulent charges this month. We quit attending our Gym last July. It was a small gym that we joined. We cancelled our debit cards and the bank is trying to get the money back. Beware if you sign with them.

• Je
    Jerri Blank Feb 01, 2011

They charge a fee that is the same amount of your membership fee during your 3rd month to insure "that your fee is locked in". How ridiculous is that? You're paying a fee to make sure that they don't increase your fee. Why can't they just factor that "fee" into your normal membership fee and add it to the charge that comes out every month rather than making it a separate charge. It's a $30 scam that they impose on every member. They can't just be honest and extend a courtesy to their customers (like locking their fee in for joining their gym in the first place) that doesn't involve charging more money for a completely dumb reason if you actually think about it.

• Be
    believercharity Mar 16, 2011

Same as me, I was a member in Fit 1, LLC 1426 Lexington Avenue, Mansfield, OH. I cancelled my membership with them, gave them my change of address confirmation letter in October 2010, and thought the company already took care of the cancellation. When I called ASF, my account still active and there was no record of cancellation. And now they are going to renew my contract for another year. We moved to our new location in September 2010. And ASF still withdrawing my account until now. It's really frustrating, its the gym that didn't do the proper procedures. I would rather use that money for Charity. The Fit1 gym staffs are very rude and THEY ARE LIARS with the contract. JUST A WARNING! Please dont sign any contract with them!!!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices