ASF Payment Solutions Logo

ASF Payment Solutions

Having problems with ASF Payment Solutions?

+1 800 527 6898 (Client Support, Marketing & Design)
+1 800 474 4273 (Technical Support)
640 Plaza Drive, Suite 300
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

billing

I've been charged late fees for not making Martial Arts payments on time. I try to communicate and adjust to make it work and it's not a flexible system. Getting the money back is a hassle and a late fee shouldn't even exist. My gym doesn't do this, my bank is super cool, so how does this company get away with this? I called them and they said it's too late to take care of anything as far as refunding the late fee. I work in customer service and it's NEVER too late to do the right thing. Something is wrong with ASF because I have done better business elsewhere with many other agencies.

membership cancellation

On last August, I've enrolled for a fitness center around my town. However, because of the huge amount of projects and college works, I found out that this wouldn't work for me right after a month. I sent the text message to my gym trainer many times and tried to call her since she was constantly not catching my call. I chose to call to the ASF Payment Solution just by myself, and told them that I want to expire my contract or I would like to postpone my membership period until I can actually attend the gym. The monthly fee for the gym was about 50 dollars per month, so it is actually a huge amount of money for the students in college. I just didn't want to pay for the service that I've never got, and told them exactly what I want, but never insisted something absurd so them but just productive solutions. They chose to freeze my account, and yes, this was making me feel better. However, after two months, they started to put invoice on my account even without noticing that my account is going to be unfreezed. I think this is a problematic beside of the legal action since they need to LET ME KNOW when they are asking me to pay some amount of money so that I can be prepared. I told the same thing over and over again, calling to this company but they are pretending like they are listening but they are actually not. I chose to pay my freaking money to this company until the end of the contraction, and I will NEVER EVER use the service from ASF payment company or the other company which is using this payment company. This is such a terrible nightmare for me, and I've been stressed out for about a year because of this. I would like to say to ASF Payment Solution to see you never after this terrible nightmare with you! I will never use your service :)

• 5
    ¿´ºÃÔÙ˵ 5 Sep 05, 2018

These guys are crooks i logged in to see my membership at the Gym they added me to 2039 who want to go the gym up to 2039

child contracts unethical

contract

My son wanted to sign up for karate with ATA of America, a martial arts company, and I signed a three year contract with ASF International for financing. For the past year I had multiple surgeries on my right foot, so I was unable to drive my son back and forth to his classes. I wanted to cancel my contract since my son was not utilizing the karate class so I asked my doctor to write a letter stating my condition. My doctor wrote a very strong letter explaining my situation, stating I was unable to drive and is undetermined when or how long it would be before I was able to begin driving again.

A week after I submitted the letter, I contacted ASF to find out the status and I was told my request was denied because it didn't indicate I was "permanently disabled" I asked my doctor about using the term "permanently disabled" and he said no doctor in his right mind would ever state that condition, for the prognosis of patient is ever for certain and their medical licence could be on the line for using that specific prognosis.

So now, I have to continue paying $125.00 a month for a service I'm no longer to utilize for another 10 months. So whatever you do, stay away from this company. I wish I did my homework before I signed on the dotted line, maybe if I did I wouldn't have to continue paying a several hundreds of dollars. If you google reviews on this company you will see multiple complaints on this company as well for stealing money from unknowing customers. This company should be banned from the public

• Wi
    Will2015 Dec 24, 2015

I charge ASF, and its enforcement of "child contracts" as indifferent, negligent, reckless child endangerment.

ASF utilizes bullying tactics, through binding "contracts" that force children to remain connected with programs even when the programs demonstrate a negative impact on the child's well being.

Case in point deals with karate "schools". ASF collaborates with such schools to implement such contracts with students, minors, and their parents. While even the smallest bit of research on your part will bring this to light, I can use my own young child as an example.

I enrolled my six year old boy into a karate program while he was in kindergarten, at the age of six. I did fill out paperwork dealing with payment for my son's participation. I admit, I was naive, I did not recognize the tenacious money grabbing contractual obligations involved with my son's participation. I had no idea that such binding contracts could, or would, exist in relation to minors...especially small children.

Karate schools, and the relationship held with instructors, are an intimate form of education for children. Bad schools and bad instructors may not be obvious at first - but can have a significant detrimental impact on the health and well being of a developing child. Even good schools and instructors, if the program is not a good fit for the child, can have equally negative impact on the child's development.

In the case of my little boy, it took a few months before the negative impact the karate school was having on him. I had enrolled my little boy into a program that I had hoped would build self-esteem, self-confidence, strength, and the ability to defend himself if the need were ever to arise later in life. I hoped these positive impacts would be with my son both in school academics and within his social life as he grew.

However, a few months into the program it finally became clear. This program was having the reverse impact on my son. My son demonstrated...

-bouts of anger

-general distress and a decline in self-esteem

Once it became clear that these social, academic and emotional issues were connected with karate I wanted to cancel participation. Initially, this would be temporarily, so that we could gage what was going on with my boy, and perhaps (reluctantly) permanently if necessary. I spoke with the karate instructor. He insisted a "freeze" on the account. In my nativity, I thought this was simply the instructor hoping to keep us connected, so I agreed.

Apparently there was a technical glitch (at least that's what I'm told), and the freeze did not go into effect. ASF tried to bill me. Fortunately, I had had a problem with my debit card and had just had it replaced...so the charge didn't go through.

I called ASF, thinking it would be a cordial conversation where this charge would be corrected and everyone would be happy. Turns out, the representative was quite condescending. She insisted the instructor would never have done such a thing. I insisted she contact the instructor and she replied "they don't contact the instructors". Further, she insisted that we were bound to this contract for TWO YEARS!

From there, I continued communication with ASF arguing that contracts involving minors were unethical and immoral and, should be, illegal. Every step of the way, ASF insisted that this contract was binding and, unless I moved, the contract would not be terminated.

Finally, after extensive arguing and standoff, another representative (Chris Peterson), suggested a one month freeze. Later, the karate instructor contacted me and stated that there had been a technical glitch and that ASF had contacted him, and the two month freeze was now in effect. I still demanded that ASF end this contract on the grounds that contracts involving small children was immoral and ethical. Of course, they refused my demands.

Now, a few months later, my standoff with ASF continues. I want to stress, again, my little boy demonstrated...

-bouts of anger

-general distress and a decline in self-esteem

I can't believe my little boy is not the only one to demonstrate such things. I know there are others out there like him, some younger - some older.

Parental concerns, and the health and well being of the child, are not the first, and foremost concern of ASF and the karate schools...er "businesses" they connect themselves with. In fact, as ASF has proven, there is a total apathy and disregard for the health and well being of children.

On another thread, one poster argued that he was upholding a contract that a mom was objecting to, related to her boy (in another state, with another school). This person argued that the contract was for the betterment of the child. That such contracts place motivation (or should we call it bullying and pressure?), prevent a quitter attitude among their participants (that, he states, is prevalent in this day and age). Read that again, please and consider the meaning. This karate instructor is making it clear that the expensive contracts are meant to essentially pressure the poor kid into continued participation. Essentially, that he is saving the child from the poor parental decisions made by this mom who wants to withdraw her child from the program. Talk about arrogance.

I thought that statement was made by Chris Peterson (because the guy did not identify himself as an instructor, but did appear to identify himself by the name of "Chris"). When I brought this up to Mr. Peterson, he made clear he was not the one to make that post, but that the instructor of that school did.

However, the point it made - and cannot be denied. These contracts place pressure on families for the continued participation of a child with a karate program, even if the parent has determined that the program hurts the child's well being. And, at least in some cases, are meant to place pressure for the child to continue to participate. I know I feel pressured...forking out $150 per month for two years will influence many parents to continue to have their child participate and receive these damaging services that are being paid for. And, lets face it, not all parents will recognize that they have the option of paying without their child participating. Forget the parent for just a moment...what about children's rights? These contracts violate the rights of children! Children are left unprotected while ASF squabbles to milk the parents for all they can.

Follow me here for a moment. I want to repeat the symptoms my son demonstrated a third time...

-sadness/depression

-bouts of anger that had not been seen before (or since, after he stopped attending). This one was quite a surprise. He was always a boy who sought out friendships with others, but now was in frequent conflict with others children...even strangers (i.e. at McDonald's play centers).

-general distress

Take this little boy (and also apply this to any child - we know there's others out there), and follow these symptoms down the road as the child continues to develop at such an impressionable point in his or her life. What do you imagine? How do you see things turning out for this child? At best, a dysfunctional life - a child who someday never lives up to the potential he could have. But...that's at best. I stress again, karate schools and instructors are a very intimate form of education for a child. These symptoms my son demonstrated from his experiences are real...and very concerning. Step back and imagine these very real symptoms a second time. Other than dysfunction, how else do you see this turning out for a child as he grows and matures under the intimate influence of a damaging karate program? It's a bit scary. I have a hard time saying the word. Suicide.

It's speculation of course. But, you follow those symptoms...those kind of things can lead a child in that direction. All because of an intimate, and very damaging, program the child was pressured to continue. Now, I will stand up for my son. I will watch out for him. That's why this contract dispute is occurring in the process. Let's face it. Not all parents will do that. Many will feel defeated from the very first moment they are told they cannot cancel the contract. And, many parents, especially those who do not connect with their child well, will simply bow to the pressure they feel from the contract and require their child to continue participating...due to the pressure of high payments they are forced to continue for these services.

Now, I will stress, Chris Peterson and ASF do not comment one way or another on whether these contracts are fair for the children. Whether these contracts are good, or immoral and evil...violating children's rights (children, those which are most helpless and need such protection). Chris Peterson, and ASF simply state that the parent is obligated to continue the payments that "they agreed to". (If other parents are like me, they were naive, not realizing that these "contracts" were so binding - especially due to the fact that they involved young children - that one could not cancel).

What ASF has essentially demonstrated is indifference. Indifference to the health and well being of children. Indifference to children as a whole - as long as they can siphon money over an extended period. But, is it even simply indifference we are talking about here? Is this blatant negligence? Negligence is likely the better word choice here.

I argue that contracts involving children are methods of entrapment, indenture and enslavement of a child and should absolutely never be allowed. They should be illegal in our nation - especially here in the 21st century. I never would have imagined that, here in our country - a nation that protects the rights of children - would see a situation where children's rights are ignored. Are we in the United States, or are we in a third world country here? Binding, long term contracts such as this, are things I would have imagined in a third world nation. A nation that cannot, or will not, protect children's rights.

These contracts should never be. Not with my son, or with anyone's child. Children are unpredictable and their growth and development can go in many directions. Their needs change. Whether a program is recognized to be detrimental to a child within a day, within a few months (as it took my child), or within a year, there should NEVER be a binding contract on a child with such an intimate educational program. Once a parent recognizes that such a program is detrimental to a child's well being, ASF and that karate program should immediately, when requested, cease all relations with that child and that family...that INCLUDES payment. As I have already demonstrated, the continued enforcement of a "contract" keeps the connection alive. All relations should cease for the betterment and rights of children.

But, again, I stress. ASF (and Chris Peterson - who's defense of ASF are all over these boards), makes very clear - they are only concerned about the money. Never, ever - when ASF is defended on these boards - do they express concern for the child. In all cases, they seek to enforce the contracts and collect the $$$$

I will state this. After a significant standoff on this issue, Chris Peterson (months later), has finally offered an alternative. He has blessed me with option B: a buyout of the contract. There is no such buyout option stated in the contract. So, this has been created out of "nothing". So, this buyout has been artificially inserted only after extensive arguing. The buyout is $450. Honestly, I don't have the money for the buyout - I'm still trying to figure out how I will do it while still feeding my children. But, that's beside the point. It should not have taken months as I demanded a cancellation of the contract for this buyout to finally be offered as an option. Further, a buyout option should not even be necessary to begin with - when a parent recognizes that a karate program is having a significant negative impact on his/her child's health and well being and development, ASF should be ready to immediately cease relations with that child and family and simply end the "contract". How many other parents have tried, and felt despair at ASF's obsession to enforce long term payments they felt they had to fold? These aren't cell phone contracts or a direct tv contract we are talking about here. These are living, breathing, impressionable, developing young people...who are at critical points in their lives as they grow and mature.

I love my son. My little boy. I'm sure you love your children. When I send my son to school I feel that his teachers love and care for him. I feel like the school administrators watch out for his well being. When dealing with ASF and my son's karate program I recognize that one thing has been demonstrated here. To them children = $$$$$$. Nothing more. If they cared about children, these contractual agreements they enforce would cease. That's a shame. Business is one thing. But, one should never go into business involving children without also having a love and care for...children, and children first. This is America.

This is indifference. This is negligence. This is reckless child endangerment. ASF, end all ties to my child. Now. End all child contracts. This is America. We love our children here. We believe in children's rights here.

over withdrawal

Never give this company any E.F.T. information!! They are dis-honest, and can not be trusted. They will lie...

bad service

From the beginning of the contract signing problems began. Things like, ASF was unable to process my debit card for the EFT. So, they set up a manual billing and they tack on an additional $20 monthly fee. After three attempts to resolve with ASF and the person at Triple Boxing, I gave up on trying to get the EFT started.

Five months into the contract, I contracted a fungal and bacterial skin infection. Do not know where it came from other than maybe from the gym or a participant. It took three months to get over. I had a doctor's letter stating that both infections were contagious and not to utilize their facilities to avoid transmission to others.

I tried multiple times to cancel this contract to due this illness. It was a losing battle since it was not a permanent disability. It did not matter that I was contagious and having to pay for doctor visits and medication to treat these illnesses..."they want their money regardless". After 7 months I stopped paying them.

Finally, I no longer received any calls or mail from them and I assumed (bad mistake) they were not going to make me continue to pay the last 5 monthly fees. About a year later, I get a letter from a collection agency.

I have learned my lesson. And to others, be sure to read the contract throughly. If you are 18 years old like I was, let your parents read it. Once you sign the contract, you have 7 days (I think) to cancel it. After that, it is black and white and they will turn you over to a collection agency without any remorse to your problems.

billing with out a contract

ASF International just sent me a bill for 360.00 dollars when my gym contract ran out last July. I have been paying month to month as we used the gym. I haven't used the gym in 3 months and never recieved a bill either, and I never signed a new contract with my gym.And I never signed a contract with ASF International, but now all of a sudden I recieve a bill after three months which I refuse to pay this company I haven't used the gym in months and don't plan to again. If anyone knows of any legal action or class action law suits against this company I would like to know?

cancellation of service

My son started taking martial arts classes and participated for 6 months. The Martial Arts school (The Source...

deceptive contracts

I signed a contract with a martial arts facility for my son. My son has medical issues that do not allow him...

rip off

ASF are frauds!! A guy named andrew came to my gym to promote his company (training solutions) and basically...

they're crimminals!

You guys are full of ###! ASF International are a bunch of thieves and what is really disgusting is that their clients don't like their practices either! I have talked to the original creditor about my issue with ASF and they have told me that they are having trouble with them as well. This company is so shady that they cancelled their membership with the BBB because they didn't have the personel to keep up with the complaints. Check out their BBB rating, "F" My company is a member of the BBB in good standing and honestly it doesn't take a whole lot! Integriy, Honesty, and true customer service is something that you don't really have to put a whole lot of effort into. These guys actually put forth more energy into ripping people off than it would take to be legit! My hope is that the Colorado AG closes these crimminals down!

Chris Peterson Jun 01, 2010

Your opinion regarding ASF International's accredidation with the BBB is unfounded. We do have the personnel to follow up with the BBB. However, we cancelled with the BBB due to reasons that are shared between the BBB and ASF International only.

Secondly, our clients do appreciate the services we provide for them. We simply make sure that members comply with the terms and conditions of the agreements they sign.

Thirdly, way above and beyond the BBB, our relationship with the Colorado State Attorney General's office is a good one and solidly in tact.

sarf Nov 06, 2010

.Check out their rating with BBB. One more lies by ASF International. you are right iceintheback.This guys are full of ###.

• Jr
    Jrod3187 Oct 14, 2011

Your full of ###!!! "We simply make sure that members comply with the terms and conditions of the agreements they sign." Who in the f*** agrees to pay almost $300 for two months at a f***ing gym??? I paid Sportplex $118 in August for first and last months gym fees plus I got 3 months free because i changed from a different gym. Then ASF charged me almost $175 from sep. 9th til oct. 11th. You are a piece of ### Chris Peterson!!! But my bank has given me ALL of that money back and charged it back to you and yes I had to cancel my debit card and get a new one so that your shady ### company wouldn't take anything else out!!! I PRAY that you get what you deserve you f***ing piece of ###!

cancellation process

My wife and I signed our daughter up for a 36 month karate program. I should have known trouble lurked around the corner when the sensei put more effort into his sales pitch than that of his teachings. By the way Two Dragons Karate in Graham, WA is whole other story! Nonetheless, we signed a 36 month contract with the option to continue month to month upon completion. We were assured by the fast talking sensei that long before the 36 months were up he would personally call us into his office to discuss our options. NEVER HAPPENED! My daughter hurt herself 3 months before the contract was up and was unable to continue with class. Respecting the contract that we signed we continued to pay the monthly fee even though my daughter was not going to class. March 2010 came and my wife called ASF to cancel our contract. The rep told my wife that $129.00 would close the account. My wife gave the rep her credit card and paid the closing bill. The rep even gave her a confirmation number! April 2010 came and we were sent a letter from ASF that said we owed $99.00, a late fee and that they were sorry but the reason we submitted to them to cancel the contract wa not within their contract! April 26, 2010 I called ASF and spoke to some assinine ### who called himself Seth about the cancellation of our contract. All he could tell me was that he needed to put me on hold so that he could review the many notes on our account. Not faling for this, I told Seth that after he read the notes he could call me back and explain to me how we could cancel this thing once and for all! 3 houes later, this idiot Seth calls me back and tells me that after speaking to his supervisor Cody, it was found that the rep that had intially told my wife that $129.00 would close our account was not authorized to do so! Are you kidding me? I asked to speak to a manager at which point I was told that my account would have to be reviewed so that they could determine which manager I would need to talk to. Are you serious? That was enough for me, I told Seth that I would take care of this myself and hung up on him. The mentality level exhibited by Seth was that of a pea! I immediatly filed a complaint with the Colorado State Attorney Generals Office. I have yet to hear back from them. At this point the money is not the issue, it's the principal of the thing! We as honest consumers must stand up for ourselves and use what few avenues we have available to us to fight corporate corruption. The reason companies like this get away with this stuff is simpe, WE LET THEM! Each and every one of you that have been taken advantage of by ASF should file a complaint with the Attorney General's office! That is what we pay them for! For your convenience I have added their address.

Chris Peterson Jun 01, 2010

The individual that posted this should expect a response within the next few days from the Attorney General complaint they filed in May. A resolution is in the horizon...

• Ic
    Iceinthe back Jun 01, 2010

I certainly hope that the resolution is a fair and considerate one!

• Se
    Seth from ASF Jul 07, 2010

Iceintheback's demeanor in this post at times almost borders on paranoia:

“all he could tell me was that he needed to put me on hold so that he could review the many notes on our account. Not faling [sic] for this I told Seth...”

Falling for what?! Could it be that Iceintheback was being put on hold for exactly the stated reason? Nah, that COULDN'T be it.

If during our call Iceintheback could have relented for just a moment from his cynical, self righteous victim-hood to start dealing with me as a human being trying to assist in resolving his issue then progress might have been made, but it appears to me he just wanted to call in to do battle with someone and he wasn't going to be denied or handicapped in this by having act like a reasonable and open minded person in the process. He was going to attack and put me on the defensive until he got his licks in and felt vindicated and then declare victory and hang up. I, as a customer service rep., have to deal with people like this from time to time. People like Iceintheback don't call in to try and resolve anything. They already have their minds made up. They “know” what the score is. They “know” they are being and will be dealt with unfairly and in bad faith and are calling in to let the bad guys know they know and call them out.

And so it continues in this post. With a mix of pontification and paranoia, but with no good evidence, he continues by pronouncing how he was just a little too clever to fall for the sinister, stonewalling hold plot. How absurd.

Another telling point about this man is his willingness to throw out other peoples' real names (which in the context of the company they work for also being know is potentially tantamount to divulging their full identity) and this while he hides behind a screen name. I think we can safely say that bravery is no more a gift of character that Iceintheback possesses than are an even temper, objectivity, good manners or humility. I can only hope the side he has shown here is the result of a highly emotional state and not intrinsic character.

At any rate, this is all just my opinion. I wish to say I'm in no way representing ASF in saying any of this only airing my side of the story.

Thanks, Seth

fraudulent practices

1. I am currently trying a solution as follows (excerpt from www.lectlaw.com/files/bul08.htm):

"Here is a simplified version of the things which must occur in order
to establish a case for fraud:

1. D makes a representation about a fact.
2. D knows that the representation is false, OR he makes it with
complete and reckless disregard of whether it is true or not.
3. D intends P to rely on D's misrepresentations.
4. P does rely on D's misrepresentations.
5. As a result of his reliance, P suffers harm for which there is a
legal remedy."

Now, P (plaintiff) is you. D (defendent) is your gym. Find out how your gym misrepresented to you that this contract would be easy to get out of. If you can't do this, you might be wasting your time (sorry!).

Next, via certified mail, send your complaint and demand to stop billing and/or refund your money (as applies to your situation). If they fail to honor your request, take your gym owner/manager to small claims court (I'm currently trying to recover $700!), based on the 5 points above. If you don't have a strong case using the 5 points above, you probably won't win--the burden is on you to prove THEY did something wrong. When the gyms start losing a ton of money due to refunds and lost "contractual" receipts, they'll find a more ethical financeer with whom to do business.

***Special note to the gym owners who defend this practice.
1. I own a veterinary clinic and a marketing business. If my people misrepresent our services or anything about our business, they're toast. You don't make promises to people and later deny what you said or mislead your clients in any way. Gyms are notorious for this false promise of "professional trainers" who are actually teenagers working their first job, "nutritionists" who can't tell the difference between a protein and animo acid, or--as this page demonstrates--slick salespeople who generate copious lies about how easy it is to get out of a contract. If you can't handle the billing and receiving necessary to run your business (I find it hard to believe that "thousands" join & cancel each month), then hire a bookkeeper or run a cash only business. You're the one who assumed the risk of business ownership, so handle it responsibly; otherwise, you justify the socialist agenda that everyone seems to be growing so fond of.

Chris Peterson Jun 01, 2010

Don't really understand what this has to do with ASF International. We are strictly a third party payment processor for health clubs, martial arts facilities and tanning salons. We are never present at the signing of any membership agreements.

fees fees and more fees

Asf are a bunch of crooks. i sighned up for mile high karate and even before signing the contract i told...

billing/refund/lack of customer service

Here is my email correspondence to and from ASF International, start from the bottom and work your way...

billing

During Spring of 2009 I was told by a friend that a gym called Intoxx Fitness was opening in June of 2009. I...

will not cancel

Before signing a contract-I asked what the cancelation policy was in case I found myself not using their...

unauthorized withdrawals for membership fees

Upon completing our membership obligations in September 2009, my wife contacted "Title Boxing Club" in Lee's Summit, Missouri via email and told them we were not renewing our membership. The billing company ASF International continued to bill us through January 2010. Title Boxing is washing their hands of the problem even though the contract we signed was with Title Boxing, ASF International basically says they don't think we're owed a refund even though we have a thread of emails between ourselves, Title Boxing, and ASF International showing when we canceled our membership.

I also checked the better business bureau for Colorado and ASF International dropped their accreditation with the better business bureau in April 2009. Their rating with the BBB is and "F" on a scale of A+ through F.

After we ran into this problem, I see a number of complaints about ASF International on the internet. I would never, ever join a fitness club again who uses ASF International as their billing company, no matter how much I like the club.

I am working with a lawyer to resolve this matter and working through the bank to recover whatever I can through the bank's dispute process.

If you would like to contact me about this or get details, my email is [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ic
    Iceinthe back Apr 27, 2010

I too was scewed by these ###! We legitamately cancelled our service and just like all the other folks here, continued to get billed by these ###s. They continue to add late fees and refuse to honor their cancellation process! I have contacted the Colorado State Attorney Generals office with the hope of getting this resolved.

• Bi
    Bill Daugherty Jun 29, 2010

I certainly hope that you get at least some of your money back. I got most of it back by using my banks dispute process.

gym membership cancelation

Secret to cancel and get rid of these crooks

Complaint rating:
In order to cancel you need to forward your mail to a family or friends address located over 25 miles and tell these guys you moved as proof present the postal service confirmation that you forward mail to the new address, then you can change address back also some cases they want two proofs...

• Ot
    Otis P. Slickshaft Feb 24, 2010

OH REALLY! These ###S wanted me to show proof that I not only had my address changed to a new address but they also wanted proof that I had paid a deposit on the electrical hook up at the new address that I would be moving to. This company is a shining example of why we as consumers should not take for granted that we will be able to void a contract just because the person who is signing you up says that there wont be any problem if you choose to end your contract.

I discontinued their pay by debt card system, and now they are charging me an additional ten dollars per transaction for having to send me a bill through the mail, they call it a "Manual Billing Fee". By discontinuing the debit payment method, they can't keep charging my account without my permission, and they sure as hell won't be getting the ten dollar "Manual Billing Fee" they are charging me either.

If LA boxing wants to drag my ### into court for an amount under two hundred dollars, more power to them...HA!

### LA BOXING!

• Yo
    You gotta be kidding me! Mar 21, 2010

Wow asf is a bunch of crooks and you are sharing the secret of fraud to illegally cancel a lawful contract. Here is the secret. READ ALL CONTRACTS that you sign. You are an adult and you are responsible for debts you incur.

I own a gym and have a billing company that I use. We clue in EVERYONE who signs up that it is an "x" MONTH CONTRACT. We further clarify verbally and in bold print that you are obligated to pay the agreement in full even if you do not attend classes. Still I occasionally get someone complaining that they don't want to pay anymore and telling me that we are a holes because we have lived up to our end of things and expect them to live up to theirs.

Here is an idea, don't sign a term agreement if you aren't sure you will want to come and are able to pay. Be a grown up and don't instruct others to commit fraud to avoid lawful and moral obligations.

cancellation policy

Cancellation of membership with asf
I enrolled asf international in august 2009 and was told that my contract could be cancelled if I moved at least 25 miles away.in october, I asked asf staff what was necessary to cancel my contract if I moved and was advised that I needed a lease or rental agreement to prove residency elsewhere.
When I was accepted to college out-of-state, I also leased an apartment and sent the lease agreement into asf. Apparently asf does not honor what they promise to members. I have now been told that I must submit a utility bill. However, the utilities are not in my name. They have told me that they will continue to charge me monthly for a membership I don’t even use as it is over 400 miles away.
Asf states that they do not have a telephone number to their “cancellation department”.in other words, the cancellation department exists but will not accept outside calls from members! What I can take away from this most unpleasant experience is that I will never do business with asf again and advise anyone thinking of doing business with asf — not to.

• As
    ASF Veteran Feb 24, 2010

Better Business Bureau write up:

BBB Rating: F

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.
    Reasons for this rating include:

* 653 complaints filed against business
    * Failure to respond to 169 complaints filed against business.
    * 5 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.
    * Overall complaint history with BBB.
    * Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints.

Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings

The BBB has noticed a pattern of complaints concerning contract issues. Consumers state they are unaware of the contract between them and the company and have found it difficult to cancel the contract when they become aware of it.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices