ASF Payment Solutions Logo

ASF Payment Solutions

Having problems with ASF Payment Solutions?

+1 800 527 6898 (Client Support, Marketing & Design)
+1 800 474 4273 (Technical Support)
640 Plaza Drive, Suite 300
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

billing after my cancellation

ASF International is a very unethical business. I have cancelled my membership at a local boxing club 4 time...

billing

They were suppose automatically deduct funds from my checking account for 6 months worth of training...we are now going on 9 months. BEWARE of their AUTOMATIC RENEWAL clause! This is an UNETHICAL company!! The steal your money and by the time you figure it out it's too late!

Chris Peterson Nov 02, 2009

The automatic renewal clause is in the contract that Anna signed. We are simply enforcing the terms and coditions of the agreement.

refused to cancel membership over a bogus $5 fee

My gym membership had an auto renewal clause. At the time I bought membership it was monthly so I gave the gym my account info to debit each month, but I decided it would save me money to pay for a full year. Then when my year was up asf int'l sent me my first statement. Since signing up for my membership I had lost the orginal debit card and my bank issued me a new one. When I received the statement I had noticed a manual billing fee of $5 along with the current month and the next month for the $29 monthly membership costs. I immediately called and tried to cancel the entire membership, but the customer service rep kevin (who apparently is the only rep that seems to work at that call center because I had called 3 times during different days and hours) told me I owed $68 instead of what my current bill indicated of $63. I was prepared to pay the $63, but he refused to close my account unless the additional $5 was paid as well. I was not happy at all, but he proceeded to tell me that it was a legitimate fee that I indeed owed. I asked what was the bill specifically for. He explained it was a fee charged for having to send the physical paper bill versus debiting the my account. This was the first and only bill I had received and I knew that was a bogus charge. Furthermore, it did not appear on the bill. He justified the incorrect amount as a "data entry error". They under no circumstances would wave that fee. This incident occurred last monday and I am still disgusted by this customer service rep and how he treated the whole situation. When I told him I was going to only pay the amount on my bill he warned my that the account would stay open and continuously incur these charges. I could care less about the $5, but it's the principle. They were not the company that I had signed my gym membership contract with, and therefore did not see me as their cusotmer at all. Unfortunately, I swallowed my pride and paid the $68. I am still upset about this though. What kind of company refuses to waive a fee that they admittingly did not add on my bill or provided the service to which the fees are applied in the first place. Asf international and kevin have a lot to learn about customer service and respect.

refused to cancel membership over a bogus $5 fee

Chris Peterson Nov 02, 2009

The $5 manual billing fee is not an ASF International fee. I would suggest Kristine review her membership agreement. That manual billing fee is referenced in the agreement stating that if the member should go off of the autmated form of payment that they agree to pay the manual billing fee.

• As
    ASF Veteran Feb 24, 2010

BBB Rating: F

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.
    Reasons for this rating include:

* 653 complaints filed against business
    * Failure to respond to 169 complaints filed against business.
    * 5 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.
    * Overall complaint history with BBB.
    * Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints.

Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings

The BBB has noticed a pattern of complaints concerning contract issues. Consumers state they are unaware of the contract between them and the company and have found it difficult to cancel the contract when they become aware of it.

billing after membership was cancelled and they don't have a record

My membership was cancelled over a year ago at Lifestyles fitness center which I paid in full with ASF. After one year I have had no contact with them and then I receive a bill in the mail for three additional months and was told my membership was never cancelled. I wrote them two letters and the matter still hasn't been resolved. They are adding late fees and told me it would be thirty days and it would not be cancelled until payment was received. I asked for a letter from the company which I sent to Will McDonald the manager and I have not spoken to him. We have played phone tag a few times but the last time I called Ashley told me he would call back in a few and there was not a phone call. The matter still hasn't been resolved and all they need to do is look at the payment history from the last year because there hasn't been one.

Chris Peterson Oct 14, 2009

We are presently looking into Ms. Busby's claim that her membership should have been cancelled rather than automatically renewing to a month-to-month status.

• Ic
    Iceinthe back May 02, 2010

You guys are full of ###! ASF International are a bunch of thieves and what is really disgusting is that their clients don't like their practices either! I have talked to the original creditor about my issue with ASF and they have told me that they are having trouble with them as well. This company is so shady that they cancelled their membership with the BBB because they didn't have the personel to keep up with the complaints. Check out their BBB rating, "F" My company is a member of the BBB in good standing and honestly it doesn't take a whole lot! Integriy, Honesty, and true customer service is something that you don't really have to put a whole lot of effort into. These guys actually put forth more energy into ripping people off than it would take to be legit! My hope is that the Colorado AG closes these crimminals down!

they won't stop drafting my acct!!!

I received a flyer in the mail about a 36 week weight loss program at a nearby gym. I went in and discussed...

asf int is a scam - la boxing is in

These people are crooks in every sense of the word. I have had the misfortune of having them for two different gyms I have been a member of (the gyms don't inform you they use ASF). I canceled the account for the first gym and found out two years later that they were inconspicusously taking money from my account...for two years! The current problem is that I got a membership to LA Boxing (yea you guys are part of this too) for a new job that I got. Signed a two year contract for the gym because it was a great job and wasn't planning on leaving it. I should say the job is more than 25 miles from my house and the gym is around the corner from the job. After a year on the job the economy crashed and I was laid off permanently. They won't let me out of my contract. Please call the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's Office and complain about these crooks. They are flat out crooks.

• Mi
    mia3 Sep 02, 2009

IN ORDER TO CANCEL YOU NEED TO FORWARD YOUR MAIL TO A FAMILY OR FRIENDS ADDRESS LOCATED OVER 25 MILES AND TELL THESE GUYS YOU MOVED AS PROOF PRESENT THE POSTAL SERVICE CONFIRMATION THAT YOU FORWARD MAIL TO THE NEW ADDRESS, THEN YOU CAN CHANGE ADDRESS BACK ALSO SOME CASES THEY WANT TWO PROOFS...

expired debit card

I am a member of Bodyplex gym and my debit bank card expired. Well I never received a notice from ASF International but I did receive a bill full of BS fee's plus the membership and other misc late charges.

A return Item billing fee of $29
A duplicate manual billing fee of $25 for a total of $50
A Late charge of $9

So I paid more in late charges than what I pay in a 6 month period for gym membership.

Is this legal? Im reporting to BBB>...

Chris Peterson Aug 17, 2009

It is legal. The manual billing fee is most likely a fee that is due once a year. That is a maintenance fee the club charges you annually for upkeep of the facility. The other charges would not be charged, if you were not late and did not have invalid auto-payment information on file. I would suggest that you contact the member support line (800-525-8967) and discuss the issue with a representative. If it is a situation that has not happened in the past, we would be willing to help out with some of the fees.

• Mi
    mia3 Sep 02, 2009

Chris Peterson Sep 08, 2009

We always need two proofs of move. You can try to be dishonest and not follow what your contract requires, but we generally find out if it is a true move or not. Genrally a utility bill, mortgage settlement statement or a lease would need to be provided as well.

ASF International

invoice for services not rendered

I received an invoice today for a membership to World Gym, with a total balance of $330 of which $60 is past due. My problem with this, is it is for a gym in Glen Burnie. I wouldn't drive THROUGH Glen Burnie, let alone drive TO Glen Burnie to work out. I could explain to the customer service / accounts payable rep that this is NOT my account. The town is an hour away. I've never lived there, nor anywhere near there.

But, what infuriates me is the shoddy business practices on the part of both World Gym AND ASF International. Who decided that because they could not find the right person (who shares the same name... and by the way, there are at least 3 of is in MD, alone), to just pick ANYONE they could find with the same name and start billing them? My only comment to them, 'produce the contract, do your research"...and then send me the contract along with an apology and a statement excusing me from the charges. And if they harass me any further, I'd be willing to pay an attorney $5k to sue them over a $330 bill. Enough of these desperate, bordering fraudulent, billing practices and schemes.

Chris Peterson Jun 09, 2009

Has Amanda attempted to call customer support (800-52-8967) at ASF Intenational to resolve the issue?

• Am
    Amanda May 19, 2015

Of course I did, as soon as the fraudulent invoicing began. I called ASF on 6/8/09, 6/10/09, 6/16/09, 6/18/09, 6/23/09 and then finally engaged legal council after ASF claimed the burden was on ME, to prove I wasn't the other Amanda in Glen Burnie.

I also personally WROTE you, Chris Peterson, on 8/1/09. It was the most absurd experience -- and the shoddiest business -- I've ever encountered to-date. It's 6 years later, and I still vow to NEVER work with ASF. Never did. Never will.

giving false billing information

After many calls and attempts on my part to make the cancellation process as complicit to the unstated and...

still being charged

I was told that my membership would end as of March 20, 2009 but I still have payments coming out of my...

eft billing after cancellation

I called to cancel my account bc of a move; sent them the email confirmation I recieved from USPS; was told it was not valid proof, and that I had to fax the actual letter. Cancelled EFT and received confirmation emails from them.

Faxed original letter the day after I got it (on the 10th), and they told me on the 14th they hadn't received it. Faxed ANOTHER time, received confirmation of receipt this time, but since my bill is due today, they charged me AGAIN!

I told them I had done what they asked; they said their cancellation department was still reviewing it, so I would have to pay the monthly fees AGAIN, or the acct would go into arrears and I wouldn't be able to cancel.

This company is using EFT to take my money, and is not letting me out of this contract by using their cancellation department reviews and mismanagement of Fax's to do so.

I will never ever do business with another company using ASF for their dues.

Chris Peterson Jun 01, 2009

Without Deborah's information is quite difficult to answer her comments. However, I can tell you that the cancellations department does work from the date the initial request comes in and not the date they actually start processing the request. I would imagin that Deborah's membership is cancelled at this time.

• Kj
    kjg Jun 03, 2009

I am having similar difficulties with them at this time. I faxed AND sent 3 forms of "proof" that my husband and I are moving to South Africa. I specifically requested a phone call if they were not sufficient as we have very limited time before we leave. I never had a phone call, let alone a letter in the mail "within 10 days" as it states on the contract. I finally called and they informed me that they sent a letter (doubtful) and they said my information was not enough information. I faxed them again even MORE proof and specifically requested a call back. Still no word and it's been a week now. I called to check on the status as our mail is already being forwarded to our family and I won't receive another "letter" before we leave. When I called a spoke a really rude customer service rep and she kept trying to talk over me as I was explaining my situation to her. This company just keeps getting worse and worse and I told the three other girls that are thinking about starting a contract with ASF to NEVER enter a contract with ASF.

Chris Peterson Jun 03, 2009

Nobody ever enters a contract with ASF International. That is the great understanding of all of this. Member's enter into agreements with the health clubs or martial arts studios that we do business with. We simply enforce the terms and conditions of those agreements.

• Kj
    kjg Jun 08, 2009

I have told at least four close friends, family members, and sent out an email warning everyone I know against entering into an "agreement" with any club that uses ASF as they are dishonest, rude, and definitely do not care about good business practices. If they truly cared about good practices, they would allow people to speak directly with their cancellation department.

continued to charge after cancelling/wouldn't &let& me cancel despite following protocol

I have spoken with many customer representatives, and none of them have been pleasant--much less helpful. I...

billing policies

When we signed on to a year of tae kwon do for 2 people, we chose to be billed month by month. ASF sent us a coupon booklet for payment purposes. However, each month, well before the payment is due, they send us a bill with an extra $5.00 charge on it for their trouble, I suppose.

We have called them and tried to get their written policy on payments, but they refuse to give it to us. They say that their policy should be stated in our contract with our tae kwon do center. The contract for our school simply states that we are to follow the policy of the billing company. The billing company won't comply.

I guess I will be contacting the Colorado Attorney General's office.

Chris Peterson Mar 23, 2009

The $5.00 Jennifer speaks of sounds like a manual billing fee. That fee can only be charged if it is stated in her contract with ATA. This fee is charged to individuals that are not set-up on an automated form of payment. Hence the name, "manual billing fee". If that clause is not in her contract she should contact ASF International's customer service department at 800-525-8967. She should then send a copy of her agreement for ASF Intarnational to review. If the clause is not in her agreement, those fees will be removed from her account.

• Bi
    Bilked-by-ASF-Intl Apr 13, 2009

This guy Chris Peterson is an obvious ### clown.

He shows up on several web blogs trying to make it sound like ASF International aren't a bunch of crooks. The company has a Better Business Bureau (BBB) rating of C.

Their BBB accreditation expired on 4/3/2009 at which time there had been a total "627 complaints about this company in the last 36 months...", mostly for "Billing or Collection Issues", or "Contract Issues".

The BBB details are at URL:

If you're reading this because of billing or contract issues with ASF International, I stronglyurge you to contact your state's attorney general, and the attorney general's office of Colorado where ASF Intl is located.

These SOBs need to be shut down!

Chris Peterson Jun 01, 2009

Absolutely, contact your state's attorney general. I would prefer that to happen. In the complaints that I answer from attorney general's offices, all of the facts come out and the issue is resolved.

As for our BBB acreditation, we cancelled our membership with them, and have chosen to not answer any complaints from them. Our priority is to resolve the issues with the consumers directly.

I don't know how much trust I would put in to somebody that posts here without using their real name and offers up personal insults.

• Af
    After-Burner Jul 09, 2009

Chris Peterson,

Doesn't the simple fact that there are so many complaints to the General Attorney's office, the BBB and other sources compel you to see that your company's practices are wrong?

• Kg
    K George Nov 04, 2009

These people are a bunch of clowns. A $5 charge for sending a statement in the mail? What are they fricking nuts !!! They don't care what they are doing to people. And now one does anything.

Chris Peterson Nov 12, 2009

ASF International deals with thousands of companies throughout the United States, Canada and Puerta Rico. Each company has it's own contract. We are not in control of most of these situations. The amount of complaints we receive are minimal compared to the size of the member base we service. People fail to realize that a contract is signed in these cases. Regardeing After Burner's comment on the amount of complaints we may have with Attorney General's offices; there has never been any action taken against ASF International. Why is that? It is because all of the "facts" regarding a member's obligation are confirmed. Regarding "K George's" comment on the $5 manual billing fee; That is not an ASF International fee. If we charge a manual billing fee it is because the Helath Club/Martial Arts Studio has a clause in their contract stating that a member is required to pay that fee if they are not on any form of an automated payment.

• Wi
    Will2015 Jan 04, 2016

ASF doesn't even keep copies of the contracts they enforce. They told me I am bound to a contract I signed. It took them days to produce the document - a document that has holes in it. But, that's not the purpose of this post. The point of this post is to point out that ASF claims ENFORCE contracts when they do not even know what the contract states! Not sure how that's legal. A company that plays such hard-nosed tactics should be required to keep copies of all contracts it is involved with.

ASF profits from raking the consumer over the coals. That's their mission. When you signup for a gym contract, karate contract, etc. ALWAYS ask if the company in charge of "billing" is ASF. If it is, walk away. Sign nothing. Give NO information about your social security number, your checking account, etc. ASF is a dirty business.

scam

These people are the worth I have ever had the unfortunate displasure to deal with. I spoked with gloria...

eft fraud

These guys are using eft as a way to steal your many, never give eft to these guys.. Moreover never signed any contract with any club unless is month to month
I spoken with sup over there the biggest jerks ever. There is this # gloria who hung up on me. She is evil watch out for the bills also they charge a fee to mail those only company in america who does this

• As
    ASF International Jan 02, 2009

ASF International facilitates the terms of the agreements that you sign. If you feel there is any discrepancies please contact me directly so that I can assist you.

Chris Peterson Jan 27, 2009

This looks like "Dr. Lawsuit" wrote this. I am sure it is. Read your agreement "Dr. Lawsuit". It would be beneficial for you to educate yourself a little...

• Ne
    Nejatt Feb 19, 2009

My contract ended last month and ASF is still withdrawing money out of my account. It is a good thing I have a copy of my contract on hand. This has to go to my bank now!!!

secret to cancel and get rid of these crooks

In order to cancel you need to forward your mail to a family or friends address located over 25 miles and...

it is all true.. these guys are crooks

I have information about these guys.. They have deals with gyms to scam people. Locking them in contract...

fitness

Seen hundreds of complaints on google and this web site.. Bottom line, I gave my gym 30 days notice in...

terrible company

I signed a contract with Knuckle Up Fitness in Douglasville, GA, in May 2007 for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes. I was injured in a car accident in Sept. 2007. I did not try to cancel my contract until March 2008 because my doctor told me that I should be able to resume normal activities in 3-6 months. When I realized that it would take a lot longer for me to heal, I sent a letter to Knuckle Up to cancel my contract under the 'permanent disability' clause.

I received a letter from ASF International in April 2008 stating that they needed a letter from my doctor on letterhead in order to cancel the contract. I received a letter stating that I was injured in Sept. 2007 and was still undergoing treatment and that I could not participate in Jiu Jitsu classes. ASF repeatedly rejected this letter because it did not contain the phrases 'permanently disabled' and '45 days.' ASF continued to bill me a monthly fee.

I filed a complaint with the Denver Better Business Bureau (denver.bbb.org), of which ASF is a member (in good standing, if you can believe that). In response that that complaint, ASF sent me a letter stating that my contract was cancelled and that I had no further financial obligation. I also sent a letter to the CEO of Knuckle Up Fitness. This letter was referred to Knuckle Up's general counsel, who contacted me and arranged for reimbursement of all monthly fees paid since ASF received my initial cancellation request. I spoke with the general counsel yesterday and expect to receive a check in a few days.

I recommend that people having trouble dealing with ASF contact the gym they originally signed a contract with and ask for the name and contact information for their general counsel and file a complaint with the Denver BBB.

• Ju
    Julia Mar 09, 2009

I sent ASF a letter and copied State of Colorado Department of Law. According to them, this company operates illegally - they are not registered with BBB. Don't pay! If you have direct debit, go to the bank and they will issue you a new debit card, which stops the direct debit. See the link to the Colorado BBB regarding ASF:

awful experience

I signed a contract to participate in Ju-jitsu with local gym. My knee became tender after exercise and then...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices