Menu

A
Author of the complaint
3:45 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I work in Argos, the Haringey branch and I think there is favouritism is going on in my work place. All the employees are not been treated fairly and equaly. Some were force to work harder while others do nothing. When a menber of staff complained abot it, they get accused of complaining and get forced to get on with it.

To me that's wrong and it's should not be allowed. What can i do to stop this continueing.

Helpful? 0 0

More Argos complaints & reviews

Argos - Do Not EVER Work for Argos!!
Argos - Argos complaint
Argos - wont exchange
3 comments
S

I am trying to buy Bath screen no 830 6218 for 8 mouths is in your lastest book, but when we try to buy it out of stock. please tell me what going on.

M
Aug 07, 2009 3:45 am

I could not agree more. I've just been forced to work to last six weeks with four days off - anywhere from 5 to 17 hours a day - thats covering someone without being informed and then working a 10 hour nightshift.
My manager chain smokes and so do most of the team leaders so you can't complain about unscheduled breaks. We've just been told we are not allowed any sort of opinion at work and that we are expected to do our jobs or leave.
D they not realise that they are being communistic. I don't dare to complain as the boss fires first and shows no mercy. Shes done it twice already and then refuses to allow them a reference.
There is so much favouritism. If you don't kiss your superiors ### and just work normally you don't last long. I'm desperate to leave but need to stay due to the credit crisis.

I
Jun 20, 2009 3:45 am

I also work for Argos, and I notice the exact same thing happening in my store. If certain members of staff want a day off whenever they choose- they get it! The management then alter the rota to put other staff in to cover, without informing them. Then tell them off for coming in late/not turning in because they're swapping/changing shifts left right and center.

I also have an ongoing grievance with my manager/CSM which is a completely different, but just as petty story.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

95 complaints