Applebeesvery dissapointed

Hello,

My name is Lowell, I was in your establishment located in Carbondale Illinois on 1-07-12 at approximately 3pm with my wife, daughter and her boyfriend having lunch. I live in Wilmington Ohio and was just visiting my daughter whom is going to college there. We finished up lunch and my wife and I started traveling back to Ohio shortly after. About 3 ½ hours away, I needed gas so we pulled over to get some. I tried to use my Chase debit card and it said it was declined, I thought that maybe some red flags were thrown up because I traveled through Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois and now I was going back so I didn’t think much of it and just decided to get a hotel room to spend the night and give it a day to resolve itself. I gave the hotel my Chase debit card and they declined it as well so I thought I had better call Chase to see what was wrong.
I called Chase and while I was reading my card number to them, I noticed that it was not my card. I immediately cancelled my card from Chase so it could not be used. I then called your facility in Carbondale and spoke to the manager there, I believe her name was Nicole. I told her that I had someone else’s card and they must have mine. She immediately said that yes they have my card there and the other gentlemen had brought it back after purchasing an item at shoe carnival and realizing he had the wrong card also. She said all we need you to do is bring back his card and get mine, which would normally be fine but here’s the problem. I am 3 ½ hours away with no money, no gas and no place to stay! She acted like that was not her concern at all. This should have never have happened, my identity was jeopardized along with all my money and I’m stuck in the middle of nowhere with no means of doing anything about it. This was caused by one of your waitresses not knowing her job, or not caring about her customers. Unacceptable!
Long story short, I had to call my daughter (in CARBONDALE) to bring me some money to get a room and gas to get me back to Ohio. This has caused myself and my daughter allot of headaches! I never heard an “I’m sorry” or anything from your Manager or the waitress. I’m am really disappointed in this whole situation, now I am put out 5-7 days to wait for another card, dispute any charges that might have been charged to it, my daughter being inconvenienced to come and bring me money in the middle of the night, extra gas, lodging, etc… just ridiculous and not one apology! I nor my family or friends will ever go in one of your establishments again. I will do my best to make everyone is aware of the type of business you run. Your establishments do NOT care about your customers, and there only concern is they get paid. Your establishments in my experience are obviously either understaffed or untrained, either way your establishment has caused me unnecessary stress in trying to just have lunch with my daughter.

• Bl
    bluebeard May 10, 2012

Lowell your daughter sounds like a real piece of trash!

• Lo
    Lowell D. Feb 03, 2012

Actually Tasha smart ### they will not be going back. My daughter's boyfriend loves Applebees and my daughter told him that if he ever went back to Applebees she would dump him and ruin his reputation by saying he tried to rape her.

• Ga
    gatortracks Feb 03, 2012

"the other gentlemen had brought it back after purchasing an item at shoe carnival"

What color shoes did he buy?

• JuliePooh51265 Feb 02, 2012

Why didn't you look at the card when you got it back from the server? I always look to make sure it's mine when I use it at a restaurant or anywhere it has to be out of my hands. I know, I know, this makes too much sense.