American Mall Model SearchComplete load of CRAP

D

EXPERIENCE FROM AN INTERN!
I had fun with this at first. The first audition was fun. They said all these sweet things to me and told me how great I was, (eventually I was told that I don't even know how to walk in high heels.) Then They made me pay $150.00 for a photo shoot. FIRST, I ended up getting the wrong photos on My CD. I had to take them back to get the right ones. I looked at the pictures, and they turned out dreadful. I doubt these people are real photographers. I can take much better pictures of myself with my webcam! Another thing, pretty much EVERY contestant gets through to the photo shoot so that they can make more money off of it. I KNOW that almost everyone gets through, because I was offered an internship. I took it, thinking that it would be a great opportunity. I enjoyed it for the first couple of days, but I had to stand on high heels for 5 hours at a time, and it's amazing that I haven't had to have my feet amputated. All they want the interns to do is push more people into signing up for the model search so that they can MAKE MORE MONEY! The internship is basically free labor. They didn't even give us breaks. I doubt it will even go to this talent show. After you finish, if you win this "contract, " you will have to cough up another $1000 to fly out to Florida for some more bull ###.
Just don't bother with this at all. It was fun, but it is just another scam.
If you want to be a model, build a real portfolio, get a GOOD photographer, and go to real casting calls. If someone want's money after an audition, it is automatically a scam. Don't believe any of it. If they truly want you, then you won't have to pay them until THEY find work for you.

• Rn
    rnof3 Nov 16, 2011

This company is a SCAM, no doubt! My daughter was called to be involved with their "fashion" show so we went. They then bring you to the side and want money for photos. I go to write a check and they tell me that I need to make it out to cash. Hmmmm that should have been a red flag there. I go to the "photo Shoot" right on time and there is nobody there to greet you or tell you what is going on. I then get this nasty call from a man named "Todd" upset cause I didn't wait around for these people cause they were stuck in traffic. They continued to call my cell phone all afternoon and harassed me. Very unprofessional!

• In
    Intern Slim Aug 31, 2011

I am also an inern right now, and no, everyone does not make it through to the finals. I just came home from an internship, and we sent home about 10 people today. Our judge does not allow anyone to progress if she does not see potential in them. Also, no, the internship is not for pay, however, they offer you a free photshoot at the end of the internship, and you can also put the internship on your resume. It looks really good to see that you were interested enough in the industry to work for free, just to gain more knowledge. The fact of the matter is, you will pay for a portfolio if you want to model or act or anything, nothing in life s free. And my photographer is excellent, thank you.

chastity jeter Jun 29, 2011

my daughter went to a photo shoot in springfield mo and yes it did cost 150 dollars worth of head shots full body and they look good was it free no nothing in life is free these days you want something you got to go after it but we got the pic no as soon as i was promised but we got them within 2 weeks and yesturday she got a contarct offer scoring a 9 out of 10 with them getting 20% after she is paid no other money is mentioned they offer photo cards you can buy w your name to send out other people but your choice i dont believe you ever worked for this company as intern, or you would know these things i cant wait to see what future my daughter has in the modeling field because of amms way to go shayla daisy logan!

• Yr
    yruso stupid May 24, 2011

If you had any desire to be successful in show business, YOU would have enough integrity to give it your best!!!

• Br
    bryanpeace12 Feb 24, 2011

Are you sure you're not saying just because you didn't make it?

• Dh
    Dharma19 Dec 05, 2010

You write that people have to fly to FLA if they win a contract--that is not true. The company comes out to you and answers all of your questions and gives you sixty days to review the contract.
    Also, if you have a portfolio and have worked before, you don't need pics from them. It is open call so they will allow anyone to audition. However, only a small percentage in our state won contracts because they do not hand them out to everyone. They were very helpful both before and after the contest and did not twist my arm into buying anything. After I was given a contract, I also was not pushed to buy anything at all from them...the reality of the modeling business is that you need a portfolio. They sell a basic set to have you evaluated which they give you (copyright free--you own them) and then if you become a model they even tell you that you can print your cards anywhere you want. So, I had a very different experience than you. As far as the critical remarks go, they are critical of everyone--it is mean't to also give you constructive criticism so that you can improve. I am delighted with them and can't believe some of the things I have read. Maybe there are different people who act differently at this company, but the corporate office flew out to the state contract winners and everything was very low pressure--they have MORE than enough people who want to work for them. Again, if you have pics and have modeled before, you do not need them to be evaluated. The photos I received were great and professionally done. They also take the standard fee for any work you do and allow you to sign a non-exclusive contract, which is not easy to get these days. I had another agency want me to be exclusive to them, but they were in NYC and it was far from my home. This agency allows you to work for them and other places.