Menu
Home Insurance Services American Home Shield [AHS] Central unit
K
Author of the complaint
12:47 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I put in a complaint for my central AC unit on at 7:00 a.m. on Monday, 6/6/22. I did not get any kind of confirmation about my claim so I call again at 12:00 that day. I was told a contractor would be coming on Thursday. I let them know that I need someone sooner because I live in Texas and it’s hot! He said he would see what he could do. I call back later that day and they said they are still looking. I eventually call the contractor they had scheduled for me and I was told that American home Shield canceled the work order! Why would they do that if AHS didn’t have many available contractors. I’ve called everyday more than one time a day and they tell me the same thing, my order is on cue, expedieted, Escalated. I even had a rep lie to me that the contractor was coming next Wednesday which was a lie bc I called them afterwards and they said no one had called them and they are booked anyway! It’s been 5 days and AHS does not have enough contractors working for them! They said I could find an outside contractor but I would have to pay them and they would reimburse me! NO! That is not my responsibility. I do not recommend AHS! I requested to speak to a supervisor on Thursday and have to wait 24 hrs for them to return my call! This is unacceptable and I better get some kind of compensation! I had major surgery two weeks ago and had to buy a window unit just to be comfortable in my bedroom!

Jun 10, 2022 1:05 pm EDT

It’s been a week that I’ve been dealing with AHS! They can’t find contractors to come to my house! I’ve called everyday since 7:00 a.m. Monday, 6/6/2022 more than 2 or 3 times a day. I’ve spoken to a supervisor and he said it would get taken care of and call back within 30 mins to an hour. When I call back I speak to a different rep with a heavy accent and they tell me my claim is on cue, expediated, or escalated and they give me authorization to find an outside contractor but he’ll need to call AHS first to give them a diagnosis. I asked if they are going to pay the contractor to come look at my AC because they are not coming for free. They said I needed to pay them and they will reimburse me! Hell no! I’ve paid AHS all these years, use that money to pay the contractor! It’s not the customer’s responsibility to look for a contractor and pay them! AHS is horrible !

Jun 10, 2022 1:16 pm EDT

Ive been dealing with AHS for a week now because they can’t find contractors to fix my central heating and air. They say they’ll call me back and they don’t so I end up calling them and always speak so someone with a heavy accent! I have to explain everything again and they’ll tell me the same thing! They are still looking for a contractor!

Word of advice, do not get American home shield ! It’s not worth it !

Jun 10, 2022 1:28 pm EDT

American home shield has not been able to get a contractor to my house to fix my AC and it’s almost been a week! I had major surgery about two weeks ago and my husband had to purchase a window unit at least only for my bedroom so I can be comfortable. AHS has been giving me the run around. I know now it’s their fault they don’t have contractors because they don’t pay them well. AHS did give me authorization to look for an outside contractor but they would need to call AHS to give them a diagnosis and then work out a payment plan. I asked AHS if they are going to pay for the contractor to come to my house to look at the AC because I don’t think they will come for free. They said for me to pay them and they’ll reimburse me. Hell no!that’s why I’ve been paying them all these years. The customer shouldn’t have to look for a contractor, have the contractor call them, and then pay the contractor for the diagnosis and repair, then AHS will reimburse the customer! Please don’t get AHS! Let everyone know how bad they are !

Jun 10, 2022 1:30 pm EDT

Why didn’t I read the reviews for American Home Shield before purchasing it!

To anyone out their, do your research. Don’t get American Home Shield !

Jun 10, 2022 1:18 pm EDT

Yo anyone thinking of purchasing AMERICAN HOME SHIELD, I ADVISE YOU DON’T!

More American Home Shield [AHS] complaints & reviews