American Express — fraudulent interest rate!
Wrongful charges, deception and interest rate fraud. Violations of Truth in Lending Act, 15 U.S.C.A. 1601, et seq; - Violation of Bus. & Prof. Code 17200, et seq. - 'Unlawful' Business Practices (TILA), - Violation of Bus. & Prof. Code 17200, et seq. - 'Unfair' and 'Fraudulent' Business Practices; - Breach of Contract, - Breach of the Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing; - Violation of Bus. & Prof. Code 17200, et seq. - 'Unlawful' Business Practices (Fin. code 22302).
Amex raised the interest rate from 8 percent to 30 percent with no notification. I paid the minimum payment which was the same in the prior months and was billed previously. AMEX charged a fee for non-payment because the payment was not enough to cover AMEXS new added amount to the bill. I stopped all payments immediately. AMEX marked my credit as a bad debt payer without solving the problem.
More American Express Complaints & Reviews
- American Express - canceled card with no notice
- American Express - debt collection
- American Express - interest rate increase
- Your Centurion Card - fraud
- American Express - penalty for paying bill early
- American Express - gift card
- American Express Credit card - unauthorized credit card charges
- American Express - fraud consumer protection department
- American Express - failed fraud investigation
- American Express Travel Related Services Co, Inc. - travelers cheques refund claim