Alside Windowswindows have failed seals

R Jul 05, 2018

We bought these windows for the whole house about 11 years ago. In the last 5 years these windows have started to fail. The seal is apparently defective as the inside of the double pane is getting a brown film especially near the grills. About 2 months ago I called for another replace for a failed window. After picking it up from the distributor, I opened it when I got home and found just the glass. It was not mounted in a frame. I called Alside and was told these windows were discontinued. They said it was no my responsibility to find another company who would switch out the existing frame with the new glass. We paid good money for a product and company we thought we could depend on and even though the product has failed they made good on replacements until now.

What do I do now? And since this replacement had been ordered I now have another window that has failed.

Joe Gi Aug 07, 2020

I had a similar experience with Alside. They handed me glass only for a warranty replacement and directed me to a video to de-glaze and re-glaze the window myself. Couldn't do it without damaging glass and sash and now I have been trying to find a professional who will come out for these two window. Three months and still everyone I have called and has either said they won't do it on the phone or has not returned repeated messages or made an appointment and then didn't show up.