Alltelscam charges

C

For the last 3 months, I have been charged 5.99 several times each month for a premium axcess purchase called Csw jokes/Horoscope. I did not authorize this and am wanting a credit on my Alltel bill. In March, the charges were 17.97, in April, the charges were 23.96 and in May, the charges were 5.99 for a total of 47.32. Will you do something about this or whom should I contact? This is very frustrating because when you finally get through to Alltel service, they tell me that they can't make the adjustments, this is a third party billing and I have to file a complaint. So here is my complaint, please help me out smb!

• Vl
    VLCG Jun 17, 2011

I just talked to someone at Alltel because I was charged 9.99 for some reverse auction bid and at first he wasn't going to credit it and also said it was a third party billing but by the end of the conversation he agreed to credit the 9.99. He said it would take 24 to 48 hours to go thru which is fine. He also told me to text the 5 digit number which in this case was 23687 and type in STOP in the text section and send it and that the third party people would stop any further charges. He did try to tell me in the beginning that there wan't anything he could do about it which was a bunch of BS because I knew he could. In the end it seems to have all turned out good. We will see on my next months billing. Good luck to anyone who is having this problem! All I can say is be persistant with the Alltel customer service rep because they CAN fix it!

• VeryAngryMT Mar 31, 2011

My great uncle went into an assisted living home in November of 2010. Before he went, he wanted to close out his Alltel account. He spoke with someone over the phone whom informed him that on receipt of his payment, his account would be shut down. Everything was paid for and we thought done with. January of this year, my uncle passed away. Afterwards we began recieving bills from Alltel saying that my deceased uncle owned money on his cell phone account.
    My father sent them a letter telling them that my uncle was no longer alive and even had a copy of the state death certificate to prove it. We just got another bill from Alltel today with a total of almost $200 on it, TWO MONTHS AFTER HIS DEATH! The bills never come from the same office, sometimes they are from Phoenix, Arizona, sometimes from somewhere back east. Someone needs to get rid of these crooks and put them out of business.

Loish Oct 30, 2010

To cancel a contract you have 3 ways to do it, the ways are explained in the contract you signed. If your friend did not supply you with a full contract you can find that information online if needed.

Call Alltel customer service and request the contract be terminated.

Go into an alltel corporate store and cancel it with them.

go into an agent location and have them call Alltel for you. You will still need to speak with Alltel customer service on the phone though.

your bills normally go to a payment processing center, not to customer service.

Loish Oct 30, 2010

Typically billing issues come up as a misunderstanding between the customer and the rep when the account was set up. i.e. the customer thinking they were getting one thing and they didn't get that. For example, a customer asks if the phone has wi-fi, the rep says yes. The customer assumes that means it's a wi-fi hot spot, the rep thinks it means "can the phone connect to wi-fi".

The best course of action when you have a billing issue is to take your current bills, and any past bills that you have, with you to a Alltel store. The agent or rep can look over the bills and identify what the over charges are for, and make changes to the plan then. Typically dealing with an in-store rep is easier then dealing over the phone.

Loish Oct 30, 2010

If you study the contract you will see that it states "Unlimited on our network", or if that's not there, there is also a place that says something to effect of "We may cancel this contact at any time".

I agree this is a pain, but it is there. They are doing the same things with air cards in certain areas.

If the majority of your use is "roaming", and by that I mean hitting off of a non alltel tower, then they have the option to cancel your contract, at no penalty or charge to you.

Loish Oct 30, 2010

There are two stickers inside a phone that let the customer service reps know if there was any water damage or moisture getting into the phone. one is on the battery, and the other is on the phone itself. If either of these stickers turn red, that is a sign that the phone has had some type of moisture get inside of it.

If there is any sign of moisture inside the phone or obvious abuseive damage then the phone's warranty is null and void.

If either of those stickers is red, that means damage, and the store reps can not return a phone.

• Ro
    RoaderFan Oct 17, 2010

Excuse me but I have never ordered anything on my phone, i too got the messages asking to buy things but I STILL GOT CHARGED. So maybe i don't need to watch what my kids do, maybe america needs to quit scamming people out of their damn money. Screw alltel.

• Ga
    gardner_girl Sep 28, 2010

Same thing happened on my son's phone. So glad I check my bill monthly, if I paid it right out of my checking account like some people I know, and did not watch my bills like a hawk, then I would just pay this monthly. I will be voicing a complaint with Alltel! Reverse Auction Bid, whatever, it is some game thing, and I have no doubt my son plunked his number in because he saw the word "free". And I have taught my kids about these scams... UGH!

• Fi
    firemed90 Jul 12, 2010

I have had the same ongoing issue with my sons' phones, my phone and my husband's. My husband and I have NEVER approved these texts. My husband did not know about sending STOP back and we got charged for several months. As far as my sone; first of all, they are probably more saavy than most adults when it comes to their phones and the internet. I chewed on them pretty harsh and took texting away from them and the charges stopped for a few months then recently started up again randomly. I called Alltel and they gave me the numbers, but were not very sympathetic about the situation. I was told they cannot block these from coming in without taking the texting feature away alltogether. They also tried to tell me that they had to activate the charges...I don't think so, as I know it happened to me and my husband also.
    I did call the services and after I reminded them that my son is under 18 and is not authorized to make these charges, they are sending me a refund in the mail.

• By
    Byrdman Jul 09, 2010

Alltel became Verizon the beginning of the year, the very first bill I received from Verizon was 4x normal - $450. By the time I received my bill and called customer service they told me that I called too late to do anything, they can "no longer see the charges" on their computer, if I only had called a few days earlier, maybe they could have done something. When I explained that my bill was usually $110 / month more or less, and customer service confirmed that from past bills, (for some reason they could see all my past bills, just not the most current bill) I was again told I called a couple days too late, and there is nothing they can do. It seems to me that I was burned and billed for a Alltel to Verizon conversion, and I am assuming so were people all across the planet.

• Sm
    smack251982 Jun 18, 2010

Hello my name is Shane.I would greatly appreciate your help. I signed a one year unlimited wireless contract with ALLTEL about two months ago. I received a phone call yesterday saying that the end of my contract would be the 29th of June of this month. The reason I was given for the early termination was I was not using there tower. I explained to them that there contracts should state unlimited if you use a ALLTEL tower and she even agreed with me .I feel greatly wronged .If I did such a thing I would be charged a fee. I feel that we have a case of fraud, as well as all out bad business .How do I determine where my card picks up a signal .I would love to tell the world how ALLTEL does business.

• Me
    Melanie Millison Mar 30, 2010

I just recieved our Verizon bill and had two charges of $9.99. I called Verizon to question the charges, and was told that I had accepted the charges from REVERSE AUCTION BID and that it had something to do with me accessing the internet from my phone. I have never heard of this company before, and have NEVER accessed the internet from my cell phone. Verizon credited ONE of the charges, but I am expected to pay the second $9.99 charge for something that I have never seen or heard of. And of course, I cannot find a way to contact the company in question, and Verizon says they don't have a contact number for them! How on earth can they do business with a company they can't contact????? What a rip off. I had it blocked, but I shouldn't have had to. I don't understand how I can be financially liable for something I didn't order, request, or even see!

• Ly
    lynne62 Mar 19, 2010

I just became aware of 9.99 charges to my phone from a third party company called "general texting". I was so upset last night talking to alltel about this. They told me I would have had to reply "yes" to this text messages in order to get billed. But I never replied yes, I simply ignored the text. But how do i prove that? And by the way, how does "General Texting" prove that I did reply "yes"? Apprently they don't have to. And why is alltel letting these third party slimeballs rip their customers off? The alltel guy told me that verizon and other phone services do the same thing. Why? What's in it for them other than having very pissed off customers because they are getting fraudulent charges. By the way, this is a prepaid phone that is only used for emergencies and I only ever have about 10 minutes on the phone. This charge showed up exactly when I put in $10 to replenish my minutes...coincidence? Who knows.

• Al
    allywho69 Feb 25, 2010

Got 3 different ones today, called Alltel, said they couldn't do anything. Well after surfing the net and seeing this they were now more than happy to credit the charges.

Don't say that it's the kids, they are spam texts and if you don't reply you can be charged! All you need to do at Alltel is call and ask to have these spam incoming texts blocked!

• Rs
    rscecil77 Feb 09, 2010

I just received one of these charges from 23687 - Reverse Auction Bid - I called Alltel and the gentleman on the phone removed the charge and put a block on our account for these types of charges - he also informed me that there is a current bill in the works to stop these people. This charge showed up on my husbands phone, I can tell you right now he never signed up for any stupid games, horoscopes, etc... I was informed that I can either text "STOP" to the 23687 number or call [protected] to have them cancel this bogus subscription.

• Vi
    Vickiecgm Jan 29, 2010

I thank you all for your posts! I'm having the same problem!

Verizon has returned all of my charges because text messaging has been blocked on my son's line since I gave him the phone in April 09.

I've had to call 3 months in a row. Also, I did the stop text back in December, and it didn't work obviously. But, then again, texting is BLOCKED on his phone.

So, I tried the [protected] phone number and keyed it in! I hope this works!

Thank you again for your posts!

• Di
    Dinocol Jan 15, 2010

We recieved in the mail a postcard for free phones to sign up for Alltel service. We had been thinking of getting service for our two children. We called and said we wanted the service. I did not think this was a good idea but my husband wanted to do it anyway. Well about 15 minutes after he got off of the phone with them I talked him out of it. We called them back and they said they could not cancel it but all we had to do was when we recieved the phones to return them unopened and it would be taken care of. We are now recieving bills for service and phones we never had. If anyone out there can help me I would be grateful, especially an attorney. I can be reached at [email protected]

flgirl678 Jan 04, 2010

what do you mean you wrote cancel on the bill? you're suppose to call customer service to cancel service and if you're smart follow up on it to make sure it got cancelled so you dont run into that problem

flgirl678 Jan 04, 2010

well thats funny because i have always gotten mine...

flgirl678 Jan 04, 2010

alltel does not just put these charges on your account, you have to subscribe to it somehow from rather putting your phone number in online or txting to a five or six digit shortcode opting you into their monthly subscription, it's a third party company that sends you txt alerts, which i'm sure the customer service rep that you spoke to informed you. if you didn't do it then someone else got a hold of your phone and did it. i have had a cellphone going on six years and have never had this on MY bill

• Pa
    paul.dupuis Dec 25, 2009

I am in the same type of boat i am deployed right now and i had gotten the blackberry 8830 world edition and everything was good until like the second month. I had looked on my online statement and there was over 20 pages of call to my contacts that were like 2 seconds long and they charged me for the full minute of 2.39. So all in all my account balance reached over 6000 dollars!! i told them what the problem was and when i called them to find out what was going on they forwarded me to the fraud department then once i was connected there hey asked me what my complaint was and i said what was going on gave him my account number and then he just sent me back to the main people i was talking to previously. I now have a grand total of charges of over 9000 dollars. Now they keep sending paper statements home and they are now pressing the issue of getting bill collectors involved. If there is anyone who can help please contact me at [email protected] Thank you very much

• Sh
    sherrycmaddest Dec 20, 2009

Alltel is awful. My daughter's prepaid phone was stolen by a guy who rides her bus. We didn't know it at the time. She did question him about his red razor that showed up just when hers went missing. Then he used the phone to have a code sent to it so he could access the account we had set up online. He then replenished the phone with 500 from my credit card. I luckily had contacted alltel and the card company in enough time to get the money back. I instructed alltel to close the phone down and to let me know if anyone tried to reactivate it. Six months went by then one day I tried to call the phone and someone answered. Alltel told me that they had reassigned the number. I then by chance just tried to log in to my online account. Lo and behold I got in and an address listed was for someone just around my block. Then I did a reverse lookup on the number to find that a boy my daughter suspected was the one who had the number. I preceded to text him not letting him know who I was. I gave him the option to get the phone back to its rightful owner. The next day on the bus he sat down beside my daughter and asked how she had found out he had taken it. Now alltel won't let me get the phone set up back in my name or with the options I had chosen to begin with. I have sent all id they have asked for. I kept the original box, the receipt, etc. I still get told that I have to get the boys permission. My question all along has been how did he get it all switched over to his name. I am guessing either he has a friend working for alltel or forged my signature somewhere. Thanks alltel for calling me and letting me know that the phone was reactivated like you said you would. They screwed this one up big time...first by letting someone access my phone online account just because they got a code from the phone, then by not letting me know the phone was activated, and now because I can't get the phone back in my name with all its features without the theifs approval. This all after they told me all the id I needed to show them so they could get it all fixed. I have emailed all the proof they asked for. Don't deal with this company...run run far away. I have...I have switched to Boost...no problems and clear signal so far.

• Fr
    Frankinstone Oct 11, 2009

There was a time when business's operated in a professional and ethical manner. Today, many businesses care only about making a profit. They don't care for the little man. If he gets stomped on or pushed a side to make a profit, well that's just too bad.

Recently, I stopped using my cell phone and wrote cancel on my phone bill from Alltel in October 2007. One month later, I received another bill. I wrote cancel my cell phone service and sent it back to Alltel again. I received another bill in December which I refused to pay.

My mother paid the bill out of fear of the corporate giant. When I found out that she paid them, I contacted them and asked them to return the money. They refused.

I am asking that everyone boycott Alltel. We must send a message out that says large corporations can not treat people any kind of way.

We must always stand up for what's Right. Even when the odds are against us.

fl2025 Sep 11, 2009

STOP SUBSCRIBING TO THINGS PEOPLE AND START WATCHING YOUR KIDS A LITTLE BETTER AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THESE CHARGES ANYMORE! IT'S TRUE THESE THINGS ARE OUT THERE BUT IF YOU'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOUR NUMBER TO BE IN THEIR SYSTEM

• Ge
    GetRight Sep 10, 2009

These clowns were billing me $9.99 per month too. It took me 3 months to notice and call. By that time the conversion from Alltel to Verizon conversion was complete. The lady at VZW cust svc took the charges off my bill ($29.97). She had me text "STOP" to 23687. I got a confirmation text that said:

SoLow: Sad 2 see u go! We canceled ur membership. U will receive no further messages or charges. [protected] for help. Txt GAMES to 23687 to come back anytime"

I've never played a game on this phone or heard of Reverse Auction Bid or used the username SoLow, or anything like it. These guys are thieves but at least they were easy to ditch and VZW refunded the fees.

By the way, the VZW CSR offered to put a block on my phone for any type of 3rd party subscription so this cannot happen again.

• Bu
    Buky Sep 06, 2009

I bought Alltel's air card and was assured I would have speeds equal to or above DSL. After I signed the contract and got it home, I had to have a man come out to get it to work and purchase an extra antenna fro 48.00.

Since then I have had dial up or slower speeds and have had to take Alltel to BBB and Attorney General in an effort to get treated fairly.

They refuse to give a refund and they still sell their product telling everyone they will get high speed and yet they know the area has a low ranged tower and can't get high speed until 2010 when Verizon will update them.

So they are knowingly misleading the consumer to sell their product.

Ann Rossi Sep 06, 2009

Alltel is contracted with these third party companies and the charges are showing up on alltel bills so inturn alltel is paying these companies for the charges that they are billing you for. You are right they are theives! Let everyone you know what has happened here. I have been in a fight with Alltel over the same stuff. I have used their networ (text) to tell everyone I know and I have sent out emails. This is illegal and Alltel knows it. This starts with one charge of $9.99 and eventually gets bigger. I ended up paying $169.00 on these bogus charges and Alltel is unwilling to do a thing about it. It is illegal! Alltel and these third party people are stealing money from Alltel's customers! By simply ignoring a text we get charged $9.99 for a subscription. This has to stop and the only way it will is if we the customers bombard Alltel with our complaints and they loose customers over it. The only thing we can do is let EVERYONE we know know what is happening. Because sooner or latter it will happen to you.

• Ba
    baseleg Aug 14, 2009

I received 4 rebate debit cards (did not tell us about that part) from Alltel... Used most of the first one, but could not use the last little bit... it kept getting rejected. Started using the 2nd one, and it did not have the amout advertised in the rebate. The 3rd and 4th cards (over $100 worth) did not work at all, but by now, Verizon owns Alltel, and will not accept the cards for payment.. they say contact the rebate center. The rebate center will not answer the phone. Discoverd that they have been assessing a $3 per month per card fee on the cards for 'inactivity'. You call this a rebate?

• As
    Ashley Aug 09, 2009

Awful company Complaint Rating: 0 % with 0 votes Company information: Alltel United States alltel.com On October 19, 2007 I sent Alltel a cashier's check for 284.50 along with a letter explaining the $200 was for contract termination and the $84.50 was to pay my currenht bill. In the letter I explained they could stick their cell phone service up their southern side, that I wantedf nothing to do with Alltel anymore period. Now in 2008 I am getting bills from Alltel for service which I had not used but did pay for since way back before October 2007. The store owner where I bought the service has sold it, preferring to get into a more honest line of work. The current store owner could not even tell me the physical address of the Alltel legal department. The previous store owner is a good friend of mine. But he was still the store owner when I sent my cashier's check to Alltel and told them what they could do with their service. So, If I cannot get through to a responsible Alltel corporate officer, my only choice is to take this to small claims court. Since Alltel was represented by my good friend and since Alltel corporate is somehwere in Arkansas and not in Texas where the service was sold to me that would mean I would have to list both Alltel and my friend in the court papers. I would love to take Alltel into any court, small claims or otherwise, but am hesitant about taking my friend to court also, although I have warned him about this possibility.

Joe12 Aug 06, 2009

Same thing happened to us! Alltell sold to Verizon, when I got bill with charge Verizon said to send text message STOP to unsubscribe. They said they could provide no other info except compnay name "Reverse Auction Bid"

Does anyone know how to locate these thieves?! How can we find a company address, etc??

I was told we had to pay the charge and could only complain to our State Attorney General.

• Du
    Dustin Vanslambrouck Aug 06, 2009

Ok, for anyone intrested, lets review alltel customer service. its amazing.

First off

the previous month, i called alltel complaining about the bad service, and no possible way to booste my signal, they said i was able to drop my service, without any penalty's.

So i had no problem with that, i decided to pay my next bill, find a new provider, and move on into AT&T, oh btw, anyone using AT&T in marquette area, they are great, no issues.

Ok back to the story, so i call them today, and they tell me i cant cancle my service even though its noted in the account, so i begin to wonder.

the customer service rep, continually cuts me off, and in agravation you best bet i was calling him every name in the book, its hard to be civil with a company that treats you like a ###.

Ok so anyway, even though its noted in my account that i can do so, they still refuse to cancle it for me for no service charge, they refuse to transfer to me to a manager, also they claim and his exact words "well sir, if you move down to another town, a different state, or down a street and you don't get good service, you are still liable to pay for the $200.00 cancellation fee, so i begin to wonder, what exactly constiutes mobile service, if i cant drive down the road and get service i would be liable to still pay for something that doesn't work... WHY WOULD'NT I GET A LAND LINE FOR alot cheaper.. so after tell him im going to wipe my.. well you know what with his $200.00 contract fee, and i refuse to pay it, he trys to be all nice, give you that blah blah, we thank you for choosing alltel, blah blah im a dirty.. yea you know the story.

So the morale of the story don't chooose alltel, they are a terrbile service, and are going to continue to merge into verizon and provide even worse service there.

Also

Please note

- Conusmer information code

1. Disclose rates and terms of service to each new customer.
    2. Make available maps at the point of sale and online showing where service is generally available.
    3. Confirm contract terms and charges when a customer renews or upgrades service.
    4. Allow a 14-day trial period for new service.
    5. Provide specific disclosures in advertising regarding material charges and conditions related to advertised prices.
    6. Customers' bills will distinguish between monthly charges for service and taxes and other charges remitted to the federal, state or local governments.
    7. Provide customers the right to terminate service within 14 days after notice of material changes to their service.
    8. Customer service contact information will be provided to customers on-line and on billing statements.
    9. Promptly respond to consumer inquiries and complaints received from government agencies within 30 days.
    10. Comply with state and federal customer privacy laws.

Did anyone else get this map that says if i drive 10 minutes you wont get any service at all? i personally didn't but of course this isnt grounds for them to end the contract, so please if you want to waste your money on nothing pay for alltel other wise, go to a decent phone service

-Thanks everyone
    Have a good day.

• Ol
    Oliver Aug 05, 2009

Does anyone on ripoff know the physical address of the Alltel legal department.

Anna Aug 05, 2009

First they said my first bill would be higher than those that followed, but before I even got my second bill, I got a call from Alltel saying my service was about to be interrupted because I had excess charges for downloads and text messages. Right then I paid them 134.26 without even seeing a bill, believing it would cover the overages my son had racked up. The next day I get another call saying my service would be interrupted for more overages on the same text messages I just paid for. Alltel says I only paid for the downloads so I asked why the lady told me it was for downloads and texts? The response was that she was mistaken. Their explanation was so confusing that I asked if I could see this information on my online account, because it wasn't showing when they called the day before. She said I could verify the figures onlilne. Not only could I still not see what she was talking about, but the first bill that I had paid two weeks earlier still showed that it was unpaid! When I called Alltel back, I was then told that this current information (about the downloads & texts) would not show up for a few more days and that the representative was mistaken for telling me that I could see it. Not only that, the lady I was now talking to said she couldn't see it either and that she didn't know why it sshowed the first bill was unpaid! She added that it might not be updated yet. To no avail, I asked her what good it does to have an online account if it still isn't updated after two weeks? Then I went to the local office and still couldn't get satisfaction. One person said I was charged for partial months since my account began in the first week of the month, and another said I had partial months for the next bill too. No one seemed to be able to tell me why I had partial bills with only 6 weeks of service! After three visits and two more phone calls, I still couldn't see why they were charging me 200 more dollars, in addition to the excess I'd already paid! My family plan is supposed to be 79.99! Everyone I spoke with told me that the previous person had given me misinformation and that I just had to wait a while before I could see my bill. By now I had become furious and to this day, I still have not seen either an electronic or paper bill! Not only that, my dog chewed the cord to my charger in two so I went in to get another one. The salesman gave me a price that I thought was too high and I asked if there wasn't something else that went with it. He mentioned a package price for a home charger, car charger and phone cover for a few dollars more, but I asked him some more questions about other products. Finally I decided I would get the package deal and suddenly it only contained one charger and a phone cover. When I asked him what happened to the other charger, he said "I made a mistake and shouldn't have told you that." I don't believe that, and have come to suspect them of lying through their teeth!

Sandy Knuth Aug 01, 2009

I have gone into your local Alltel business places and they always say they have fixed the problem but it never ends. People will call me on my phone and if I don't answer right away the calls goes to a fellow by the name of Shannon whose phone number is [protected]. He said he also had been complaining at his local Alltel stores and they wanted my number which I gave him. I am not receiving any of my messages. I have tryed to be patient but have been losing my cool. Would it help to get a new number or a different phone? Am not a happy camper as I rely on my phone alot with my work schedule etc. Sandy Knuth [protected] PLEASE HELP!

• Ed
    Eddy Jul 23, 2009

Do not use ALLTELL. They never sent me a correct bill.. charged for "FREE" calls and finally ended service when they failed to post a payment. My canceled check did not result in restoring service. After a week without a phone I switched to SPRINT. Alltell doubled my bill and added a hefty cancellation charge .. this is clearly breach of contract and FRAUD.

• De
    Debra Foster Jul 22, 2009

I been with Alltel since 2004, I think..it use yo be a good company so I thought..but for about 2years now I've had nothing but problems with your5 company...Seems everytime i pay my bill, my money disappear before I get my minutes add to my phone...just last nbite July 21st, 2009..I added money on my phone..call the payment number this morning it told me my minutes had been added, when I tried to use my phone, it tells me I don't have any time..what the ### ever, now i can't get in touch with anyone to solve the problem..I go to the website and there are no contact numbers...my plan is 29.99..I put 35.00 on my acct. more than enoughtmoney and now all I get is I don't have anytime...Someone needs to straighten this out..im seriously not just thinking about changing company I am changing companies..this is totally ridiculious...I truly hate ALLTEL

JackSp Jul 22, 2009

I wish everyone was as easy to rip off as you are! You jerk!

• Th
    Thedude14841 Jul 22, 2009

Trying to make my Alltel bill smaller I canceled data and made the voice plan lower. They retroactively charged me $45 a month for data that I did not use. I asked if I tried to use the data would it have worked? No. So I was charged for a service that I could not have used. Their answer was I had a Blackberry, and I had to have data (if it works or not). They claimed they could fix it. After giving them a couple more months of money without resolution, I canceled the service (with $175 cancelation fee).

• Ed
    Edward Jul 20, 2009

Alltell overcharged me on my phone bill every month they double and triple charged me and when you call to get help they don't even try to help. I got help from one person and a reference number for fixing it and the next bill was tripled and when i called with the refrence number they said that it doesn't matter and they won't do anything about it. terrible company.

• Ca
    CAT Jul 14, 2009

I “had” been an Alltel customer since 1996. Just last month I paid the early termination just to wash my hands of these crooks. Starting with non-existent rebates, lies and deception; the final straw was the “smart phone” they sold me did not work. Alltel’s solution was to periodically remove and replace the battery and would NOT exchange the phone as “there was no problem and was considered normal.” After 60 days the phone died completely. Alltel informed me that I would have to purchase another phone at full price. I had insurance from day one on my account and when I wanted to use it to replace the phone I was informed “under Verizon’s new policy” I could not use my insurance as it was a known manufacturer defect. Basically I was SOL and customer service was down-right rude about the entire situation. Weighing the cost of over $250 to replace the phone vs $200 to terminate, I went to AT&T and washed my hands of these criminals. I suggest you contact the “Stock Holders” of Verizon via the boards (VZ). There is no customer service and those who are investing money need to know the dirty tactics of this company.