The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Alltel — scam billing
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Following is a copy of a report I sent to Stephen Six, Kansas Atty. General:
'On June 13th we discontinued cell phone service with Alltel as we had changed providers to Nex-Tech, our local rural telephone company. Our billing cycle with Alltel was from the 9th of each month so we received 4 days service in June from Alltel. We were billed $60.59 and when I called them they said it was their policy to bill for the entire month when service is discontinued. This is outrageous. I sent them a check for $10.00 and told them my policy is to pay promptly and in full. I marked final payment on my check. This month we got a bill for $50.59. I called again and this time talked with a Supervisor and again I was told this is policy. I did not get the names of those with whom I spoke but I did make those two phone calls in an attempt to correct what I consider to be unfair billing. I told them I would be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. When I talked with BBB, I was referred to your website.
Do I have any recourse? I do not think we should have to pay for service we did not receive. Oh, and we paid in advance the first time billed which was in November of 2003. Our 2 year contract with them expired years ago. Any help you can give to me will be greatly appreciated.'
I have not received a response for the Atty.General other than to request documentation which I have sent.
More Alltel Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service!
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems!
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year
- Verizon - fraudulent practices
- Verizon Wireless - old all tell prepaid plans they bought out
- Verizon Fios - not honoring contract
- Verizon Fios - I hate verizon fios, phone, tv and internet and thier so called customer service, billing, management, etc
- Verizon Wireless - regarding common customer complaints