ADVERTISIMENT

Allstate β€” claim not completed

W

I was rear ended by an Allstate customer at the beginning of September. My car had no prior damage and had not been in an accident before. Allstate issued a covered amount based on the pictures, but when my mechanic removed the bumper, he found more damage. It took Allstate over a week to go look at it and then they declared the damage to be manufacturers defects. My mechanic stated that he did not believe this to be the case. I had someone else go out and they said the same as before. Now my car will not be restored to how it was before I was hit. The man driving had a big pit bull dog on his lap and was very distracted. He almost drove into the side of me and then pulled in behind me and accelerated very hard. I was in pain for over 3 days afterward. When I got out of the car, his car was resting on my entire bumper. I had to pull into a parking space in order to check my car for damage. I do not understand why I am not getting my car back the way it was. I think my mechanic, who fixes cars every day, would know the difference between a defect and damage better than someone who just looks at cars every day. Allstate also tried to take away the rental car and leave me with nothing to drive. I want my car fixed and do not want to be taken advantage of when this was not my fault.

• Kr
    Kris Benavides Dec 06, 2017

My daughter was rear ended by an All State customer on 11/14/17. All State never contacted me. I’ve had to call and call them. They’ve changed claims adjusters on me without letting me know. When I call the adjuster. I always get his voice mail which says he’ll call me back within 24 hours. No phone call. Finally called their 1-800 number and the girl there told me to take pics on their app and send them in. Adjuster FINALLY called last week to get my daughters statement. On 12/4, I got an email stating there was an estimate for me. When I logged into the email...no estimate! So, I called their 1-800 again and was transferred to some lady who swore she’d resend the email (not going to help me if there’s no estimate currently showing)! Guess what? No new email. I called adjuster AGAIN...AGAIN, VOICEMAIL. Twenty four hours later...no estimate and no calls back. Almost been a month now...today is 12/6!, To say I’m anything but angry ...😑😑😑😑😑. If I have to call the state board of Insurance or BBB, I willl! Claim #[protected].

Comment Guidelines