AliExpress.comavoid like the plague

R

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Sh
    shuey Mar 13, 2014

I recently made a purchase of "Fleece like" Photographic backdrops. The items were not as described. I submitted a dispute with the Chinese manufacturer and of course the dispute was settled in favor of the manufacturer. I wish I had read this site before placing an order...

• Te
    Terin Mar 05, 2014

Oh I agree, this company's "buyer protection" is a joke and a scam.

I ordered 200 lobster claw clasps for lanyards from seller linchun lin. The URL for the item I ordered has conveniently disappeared, but the snapshot (http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6006322078.html) you should see that the dimensions for the item were listed as 42mm x 25mm. I received 200 clasps of size 38mm x 13mm. I cannot use these. I ordered the specific size I did for a reason and that is because that is the only size that will work for the straps I make. When I contacted the seller, I received gibberish in reply. I opened a dispute on Feb 2, 2014.

I have received nothing but a run-around from Martin on your customer service team. He admitted that the evidence I submitted showed that I did not receive what I ordered. However, his email was unacceptable about the resolution. He said "Generally, we follow the return policy (set on every order) to mediate the dispute.For this order, the return policy is “Returns accepted if product not as described, buyer pays return shipping; or keep the product & agree refund with seller.” (This policy was displayed in the product page.) "

Well, OF COURSE the seller isn't going to state what the policy is if the seller sends the incorrect item, if they know this is how your people resolve the situation! There is no provision for a seller's mistake in the return policy--therefore, the policy should not apply to my situation. You cannot apply a policy that does not logically apply.

I informed Martin that for me to ship the order back, it would cost me half the price of the order, and that this is unacceptable. I offered two solutions both in a message to the seller (which NEVER got a response) and in my disupte: the seller can paypal me the cost of shipping the items back, or can simply refund my money with no return shipment. These are the only options I will accept, because as I reiterate, the situation was the SELLER'S mistake. It's not like I changed my mind--I DID NOT RECEIVE WHAT I ORDERED.

I received an email today (EIGHTEEN days later--this is also unacceptable) giving me two unacceptable options: to send the items back at my expense, or to accept 20% of the cost of my order. Then I spoke with one of your associates, Phoebe, via chat. I had to go through three different defunct email addresses and processes on your page just to be able to talk to a human being and not be told that that complaint system isn't being used anymore. It's like you people make it deliberately difficult to talk to a real person. I even emailed the address I was told to when I called your SanFran corporate office and got an automated message giving me a customer service email. The email was bogus. Anyway, Phoebe assured me she was escalating the issue to a customer service rep. Two days later, I got an email that closed my ticket, no refund, saying that it was my fault for not picking one of the two unacceptable options.

I also find it interesting that even though I was supposedly given 5 days to resolve the situation, it took Martin eighteen days to get back to me on this. How I am supposed to resolve a situation when the seller won't respond to anything I send, and committed fraud in the first place, I have no idea. But this should not rest on my shoulders--it should be your problem as the facilitator of this seller's fraud. And it should have been resolved within the time window given to me--not whenever Martin felt like getting back to me with no help whatsoever. And then closing the dispute with no recourse to me, despite my repeated and vocal protests that this situation was patently unfair.

Needless to say, I've contacted my credit card company and have filed a dispute.

• Fd
    fdepp Feb 21, 2014

Be very careful using this site, today I was informed my credit card information is being used in Europe and I had to cancel my card. I don't make many purchases with my card and this is the first for buying products from overseas. I made the purchase a month ago, have never seen my products, and now am dealing with fraud. The buyer protection is a scam do not use this service.

• Ba
    Bareness45 Dec 30, 2013

I would like to thank all of you for your feedback. I was debating on whether I should purchase some gym shoes on this site and whether the items were authentic but after reading these comments I spend my money elsewhere. Again Thanks!

• Gr
    graziella schembri Dec 27, 2013

hi, i have bought from aliexpress Christmas decorations last month in November and they send me the wrong item, i made the dispute and i contacted the seller and he agreed to refund after I remove the dispute, when I did remove the dispute, the seller refund me only 14.19 usd which is not the payment I made, i have paid 62.00 usd and I did not get the refund for a mistake which I did not made, what can I do to have my money back?

Mark Story Oct 02, 2013

I am sorry that several of you you have had problems with suppliers on AliExpress. Please understand that AliExpress is a platform that connects buyers and sellers; we are not the supplier of the goods you purchased.

With that said, I’d still like to help.

AliExpress.com has a customer service team to assist you. The best way to get in touch with them is to send an email with the particulars of your situation to [email protected]

We can’t resolve 100% of customer issues, but I promise that we will try.

Sincerely,

Mark Story
    Director, International Corporate Affairs
    Alibaba Group

• Hd
    Hddmofp Jun 14, 2017

@Mark Story Here's me experience with Aliexpress. I had my account suspended then terminated 7 days ago. I contacted customer support 6 times to no avail. The first reason they gave me was: account temporarily suspended due to security reasons. After contacting the infamous customer support and promising to do their best, I got the second email with a new reason this time: My account is terminated due to violations of the order protection program. This happened and I'm an A4 buyer with 50 ongoing orders! Now I cannot dispute or leave feedback for any of them!! Simply theft!! Moreover, the fact that I returned the money to some of the sellers after a dispute/refund did not seem to matter at all. I did this voluntarily after receiving some of the disputed orders after some 3-4 months!! I still had respect and returned the money through another purchase and none of that mattered! I'm beginning to think that some of the highly rated/recommended sellers have close connections to AE management and are untouchable! I doubt their rating system so much after noticing that some of the most decent sellers are not highly rated at all.
    SOME CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU HAVE!!!

• Ka
    Karen7176 Apr 30, 2018

@Mark Story Oh please all nice words, I tried everything, even twice on live chat, all lovely promises just like yours... but no response... just cheaters and lies. I will continue to share my horrible experience with aliexpress across all social media.

P'doffcustomer Jun 01, 2018

@Mark Story What a load of horse crap! Your customer service is without doubt the worst I have ever experienced on the internet. It is atrocious. It is firstly difficult to contact someone and not very clear how you can do this from the get go. It takes a long time to figure out how to speak to someone. Your agents are condescending, patronising and basically liars. They tell you they will do something and do not do it. I have closed my account and will not reopen. I thankfully have persuaded thus far at least 8 people from using your site. I am making it my mission to prevent any one else from making the mistake of dealing or trading on your site. Without buyers you do not have a business, remember this!

• Ga
    Gato Negro Sep 14, 2013

Stevejobs is an idiot for defending Ali "get screwed" express. Perhaps because he had not been cheated yet, he thinks no one else is either. That kind of single dimentional thinking defends a fart because he thinks his own arn't all that bad. I got cheated by using Aliexpress because the seller somehow did not see fit to send the electric Guitar "pictured" on the site. Not only that but the wrong guitar that was sent to me was of such poor quality craftmanship, and cheapest you could find materials, that Its best use would be as a spare paddle for a small boat. I'm now stuck with it because the seller does not pay shipping to send it back, which would cost more that half of what I already spent. I'll take my loss and count it as a very expensive lesson well learned. E-bay stands head and shoulders above Aliexpress, and I expect that once PayPal has experienced enough problems with Aliexpress complaints, they will end their relationship there.

P'doffcustomer Jun 01, 2018

@Gato Negro I had exactly the same issue with a Ukelele. They sent me a different one to the one I oredered. Cheaper, Badly made, pick up didn't work and parts were missing. When I tried to complain, the seller wouldn't do anything. Ali Express offered me less than 50% of what I paid or I pay to send the item back at my own expense and they would refund. I just took the refund offered and closed my Ali account. This was the 3rd strike. Their customer service agents are useless and do not do what they say.

• Ji
    jim 8888 Aug 12, 2013

I order a satellite receiver & first thing i notice when i open the box it smell burned & of course it did not work at all, after so many email the sellers ask me to send back the receiver but the price of shipping back is too high so lesson learn, they are SCAM dishonest company selling defective fake product & those people who defence them I hope they pay them good .last word STAY AWAY FROM ALIBABA

• Cj
    c j littlejohn Mar 22, 2013

I order a custon light ash brown #14 super wave with part on side Brazilian virgin hair lace ront wig on 2-14-13 with littleor nr reponse from the supplier, QINGDAO SUNNYMAY WIGS CO., LTD i recieved supposely a "CUSTOM WIG" on 3-4/13!!! I was in tears when I opened package. This looks like something someoe would wear for halloween !!! With no consideration from the QINGDAO SUNNYMAY WIGS CO., LTD. I AM OUT OF $114.74 + $29.47 shipping. WHAT A SCAM!!! THIS IS FAUD!!! SIMPLY AND CLEARLY FAUD!!! PLEASE DO NOT FALL INTO THIS WEB OF FAUD!!! PRODUCT IS NOT WHAT WAS PICTURED!!!

• Gu
    Gudreine Jan 04, 2013

The sent me an object for another one. And it was even used. Lost money, mind and time. They forced me, after 10 days, to keep this useless $#*!piece. STAY AWAY!!!

• Tr
    Trione Nov 30, 2012

I shop shoes how much time ago cant remember and im still waiting, my tracking number dont work nobody help nobody answer i had never seen so $#*!in bed service and liar online magazine.

• Ai
    Aigiber Nov 21, 2012

Aliexpress refused to refund even though clear that seller did not shipped as alleged.

• Ri
    Ripilo Oct 27, 2012

Cheap incorrectly sized products from china.

• Gu
    Gummaz Sep 11, 2012

DON´T BUY ANYTHING!!! I received a fake watch, totally different the watch I bought and Aliexpress didn't do nothing to protect me.

• He
    Hemouze Apr 18, 2012

This company has some nice products, but you're taking your chances on getting the right order and trying to return it. If you don't mind loosing the money, go for it. Their phones have been disconnected

• Tu
    Tubrake Apr 10, 2012

Buyers beware of ali express if you do not want to waste your time and money.

• Na
    Natalie Smith Jan 11, 2012

Steve Jobs: The difference is - eBay will return you your money and then deal with an unfair seller. AliExpress won't do neither forst nor second.

• Ka
    Karen7176 Apr 30, 2018

@Natalie Smith Exactly so their promise of buyers protection is crap

• Na
    Natalie Smith Jan 11, 2012

Agree completely. seller sent me a wrong item and refused to replace or refund. after I opened a complaint with aliexpress, they simply sent me a message saying they don't have sufficient evidences (even though I even had to send them photos of what I ordered and the wrong item that was received) and released money to seller.
    Also, the system is extremely clunky, you can't see all of your feedbacks, and they give you very little time to respond to them if you open a claim - I was given literally less than one day.
    Bad business, avoid at all cost!

• Ti
    TimZ Jun 26, 2011

I was looking to make a purchase on aliexpress and was wondering what I should look for to identify whether or not they are scammers. I have been burned in the past and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• In
    Inlovewithhair Apr 02, 2011

Mate I'm not being funny but just because you got lucky does not give you the right to moan about people complaints! I have been scammed on aliexpress in various ways and whether you get your money back or not you will always lose whether it's return shipping costs, inconvenience or losing customers. I wouldn't order from an unknown on aliexpress it just might happen to you!

anusija Mar 15, 2011

Well i agree, i have not received my refunds for my goods in aliexpress. From then on i moved with ChinaBuye.com. They are online gadget store from china. I have so far safe delivery, good customer care and no problems with quality.

• St
    SteveJobs Mar 15, 2011

There are people selling fake flash drives on eBay, so don't tell me Aliexpress sucks because of 1 seller... I mean, you're free to say what you want, but it sounds as stupid as saying all Craigslist ads are scams because of some Nigerian guy claiming to sell you the country for $500.

Ever since I discovered aliexpress, it has been an absolute blessing. 10 years ago, I would have killed for a site like this. They didn't HAVE English speaking wholesale websites- you HAD TO LEARN Chinese.

Aliexpress is no more dangerous than eBay. You got your money back right? Aliexpress has PayPal protection, so what's the big deal that you'd go out of your way to publicly slander the entire site?

I have made STRONG business relationships on Aliexpress and know my sellers on a name to name basis. We joke around with each other, they teach me a few Chinese words here and there, I'm even talking about visiting one of my distributors in Shenzhen next year... Then I come across this BS that you just posted and I can't belive it. It almost sound like, "Hey, I'm having a party. No Chinese people".

P'doffcustomer May 06, 2018

@SteveJobs You have all your facts wrong and clearly did not read the post correctly. While I accept that many of the transactions I personally have conducted have gone without any issue, some have required the use of the now dreaded dispute system. It is terrible. They begin by fobbing you off with platitudes and promises that your claim has been escalated and they value you as a customer and they will be in touch. As time progresses this gets old very fast. They will lie, patronise and even insult you. Any site is only as good as it's weakest link. What happens when something goes wrong? How are you treated. In Europe you cannot use Pay Pal on Ali Express as they run their own payment system in direct competition to Pay Pal. Ali Customer service/dispute resolution is crap.

• Re
    Redhead Commando Jun 08, 2018

@P'doffcustomer I contacted my credit card company (CITI) and put in a dispute through them. They have given me a full refund without having to return the item. So my advice is: always put it on a credit card and the credit card company will usually stand behind you. Keep screen captures &/or any emails you get or send, plus the item and packaging to back up your dispute. (fyi: In order to post this, I was required to allow this app to see my twitter account...which has nothing to do with this posting.)

• Us
    user1925382 Oct 09, 2018

@SteveJobs ali express sucks! They want you to upload video to dispute a purchase? What the hell is that? I'm still waiting for the item I purchased, A REALLY LONG TIME AGO! These are typical Chinese, stealing what ever they want. So glad that their market is sucking! You [censored] steal everything because you can't come up with your own stuff!

• Gr
    Groman Mar 05, 2011

This supplier is a fraud. Any items purchased from this supplier will not be real and you'll be lucky to have what you ordered delivered. Don't rely on the main site to protect your money it will just be held up for weeks until the scammers answer the messages for a reply for a refund.