Aliexpress and PRACMANU (as seller on Aliexpress)Incorrect order received and inadequate responses

G Feb 11, 2021

(1) Inquired with about overdue item both Aliexpress and PRACMANU. Both insisted the item was sent correctly.

(2) Checked with Australia Post - verified that an item was sent. However, I indicated that I had received nothing. During discussions with the AP Officer, it occurred to me that in fact I did receive an item- a standard European power plug! I did not order this item.

(3) The conclusion reached by Australia Post was that the item I received was erroneously addressed to me.

(4) Please find attached a copy to the Australia Post report on the investigation and a photo of the packaging and the item sent to me which I did not order. What I did order was an angle grinder attachment (for a power tool) - nothing like what sent. Cost around $AUD58. Is the cost of a European power plug $AUD58? I don't think so!

(5) The dispute I raised was abruptly closed by Aliexpress once I confirmed an item was sent to Australia. At this stage I was still under the impression that we were dealing with my correct order. Not until Australia Post looked into the matter was it clear an error was made at on seller's side.

(6) At no stage was I asked what item I did in fact receive. It would have been clear then there had been error made at the seller end. Instead both Aliepress and PRACMANU seemed uninterested beyond knowing that "a package" had arrived in Australia and therefore not their problem.

A very disappointing and time consuming experience.