The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Air Canada — fuel surcharge
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
In February 2009 I booked return travel with Air Canada from Kamloops to Sydney Australia. Air Canada continues to have a fuel surcharge on international flights. Since booking and paying for my ticket the fuel surcharge has been reduced on the Sydney flight. I contacted Air Canada to discuss a refund, they explained that they do not refund changes in fares. I understand and agree with this policy. The fuel surcharge however is separate from the fare (it even shows this on the Air Canada receipt) and is intended to offset increased fuel cost. I am paying for fuel that will be used during my travel. Since the trip has not yet occured and the fuel surcharge is now lower (reduced from $320 - 230) is seems resonable that the difference would be refunded.
More Air Canada Complaints & Reviews
- Aircanada.com / Aeroplan - Aeroplan sucks!
- Air Canada / Aeroplan Card - Points were canceled without notification!
- Air Canada - unwarranted change in itinerary
- Air Canada - possible food poisoning
- Air Canada Aeroplan Support Carlson Marketing - Redemption Rewards Services
- Air Canada - charges for cancellation of refundable tickets purchased from agent
- Air Canada - flight canceled, no, help
- Air Canada - nerve wrecking flight from edmonton to calgary in broken aeroplane.
- Air Canada - missed connection and luggage problems
- Air Canada - downsize of the plane and didn't get on