Acer / Aspire 5570zfaulty laptop, faulty customer service!

M

I bought an Acer laptop less than 4 weeks ago. Their initial problem i had was my internet connection that kept on logging in and out by itself, i called Acer several times but still have not rectified it. To my uttermost dismay, i switch my laptop on one day and the screen went blank, i had to send it to Acer only to be told there is liquid spillage on the computer, though i have no kid at home and i am very sure i didn't spill anything on it. The service i received was so bad, the acer staff were so dismissive, they insisted it was from my end, and they had to send it back or i pay for the repair(over half the amount i bought the laptop) immediately. I am so surprised at this and will and can never buy an Acer product again!!!

• Ha
    Hard to believe Oct 05, 2007

My keyboad does not wamt to wrk. Suggetsions?

• Pa
    panneer selvam Dec 03, 2007

i bought acer aspire 5570z series laptop four mounths back.now it having the DVD writer problem... the DVD drive will not write the DVD... but it will write the CD

• Dr
    dr Dec 31, 2007

My acer laptop died and I sent it in for repair they sent me the same bogus claim of a Liquid Spillage. These people are fraudulent and I will never buy an acer product again. They probably poured liquid in there on there end just to seal the deal. I totally hate that company. We all need to file a class action suit

• Mi
    mike rich Feb 11, 2008

I am glad i found this board because you guys complaints help me steer clear of the acer laptop i almost bought.

James Mar 03, 2008

I Have A Aspire 5570Z In Which I Recivied A Hellofa Deal For...Only Minor Problems So Far...Easily Fixed By Myself But Have Been Worrysome...I Will Come Back And Talk Some ### About Them If I Ever Run Into Problems...

James Apr 21, 2008

I bought my acer aspire 5570z in August of 2007. In December the hard drive completely died. So I bought a new hard drive and installed XP...not only would Acer not give me support, the drivers on their site are BS and do not work. I was almost talked into buying the $150 acer restore disk...but The CD for windows anytime upgrade in the box works just fine if u use the product key from the bottom of the machine.
    I ended up reinstalling Vista and AGAIN the hard drive completely crashed, I couldn't even get data off of it.
    Summary:
    Acer and Vista suck. Acer does not give support for non-visa instillations, puts people on hold for 45 minutes only to transfer you after 5 minutes, and if you DO instal vista they tell you it is a problem with the operating system and to call microsoft.

• Do
    Don Terry May 11, 2008

I have the aspire 5570z, when i bought it in august 07 it had Vista on it. Some of my cabinet programs did not work on Vista, so I had XP installed. Nothing but problems since. Call Acer in May for Vista restore disk, NO COST. The tech was very helpful, mailed out disk that day. Also suggestted he send me a new battery and power cord at no cost. I will buy another acer in the near future for my son. Stop complaining about your inability to get along with people.

• Ke
    Keenan May 16, 2008

I purchased a 5570z back in March of 07, and I am having a problem, everytie I turn on my laptop it make a whirrrring noise for about25 to 30 seconds? I do not know what the problem is but I am going to call acer and see where I must take it to have it repaired by an acer distrubitor.

joby jose Jun 03, 2008

i bought this model of acer aspire 5570z a few months ago...& to my bad luck i din use it for even one day properly...i installed a 4.6 GB game in it, & as usually i was playing the game suddenly the game got hanged & a blue screen appeared in front of me stating"PHYSICAL DUMP OF MEMORY"!!!...& the computer got shut down.Then i switched it on...& to ma surprise it was constantally loading Ms XP.but didn't show the desktop...i formatted it & took it to ma nearest acer service center which stated that a service pack 1 needed for the laptop is not installed &its configurations are also not ok...& they didn't do anything for ma laptop...& i refused to agree with the cost... as the cost of insatlling all that service ### will go upto Rs.5000...man!!! wat should i do????...neva buy a acer product again...its ma advice n a humble request...

• Ge
    Georgia Bechtel Jun 26, 2008

My faience bought me a new ACER computer for my birthday 11 months ago.
    What a wonderful gift --- UNFORTUNATELY IT"S A TOTAL LEMON.

I've had nothing but problems with it. As of today it's going in for it's THRIRD
    repair for the same exact thing --- fans that go fast and out of control with lots of noise.
    So slow my old computer is even better, it makes clicking sounds, has major trouble
    shutting down --- the list is endless.

I expected help from ACER but found they DO NOT stand behind products, are not
    helpful in anyway, shape or form. They won't even consider giving me a new computer,
    they only "repair" and never, ever give money back for a bad product. The service tech's
    are not allowed to give corporate headquarters phone number out, they give a PO BOX
    number where you can write a note of complaint. When asked for a manager or someone
    higher up to speak to they are not able to resolve anything, it's an endless circle of
    no resolution.

Now I dread getting the computer back this third time. ----- How do you like that for a great birthday present?

• Th
    the dude Jul 11, 2008

they just took a dump in a box and marked it gauranteed

acer laptops suck so bad i bought one for school back in sept 07 and its nothing but bulsht the power pin broke out then when i sent it in for repair i got it back empower technology was gone and now i cant use my sd card there tech support told me to do a system recovery but for some reason i dont have the ability ne more to do that never buy acer

mary Sep 02, 2008

Well seems like i aint the only one having problems, my daugter bout a acer she had to take first 1 back and walmart replaced with another acer and guess what same problems and her hubby gave her money to buy a tobisha and hers works wonderful now, she gave me the acer what a mistake this thing has been nothing but been problems blue screen and all who thought of this acer.Thinks the company should do a recall on these and honor there customers by replacing all who have this type of laptop, help us not avoid us

• Ke
    Kelli Sep 02, 2008

I as well have an acer aspire 5570z and OMG what a piece of crap. I have had nothing but problems the power pin has been broken and now for someone reason the fan is making a horrible whirring noise. This laptop is crap.

• Ze
    Zenon Mielczarek Sep 03, 2008

I bought Acer Aspire 5573 to my daughter 14 months ago. The warranty is only 12 months. This week it has stopped working. It is completely dead. The baterry is good and adapter is good but none inicator is light. In trouble shooting I found that it would be mainboard (or motherboard), but it is expensive and with service repair would cost about half of price of the laptop. And also if I would try to repair myself, I cannot find any manual repair or service.

They should stop manufacturing these laptops.

• St
    Stephen Sep 04, 2008

I completely agree with the idea of a recall. I purchased an Acer Aspire 5570z over a year ago, and notably against my will. My first choice was a Sony Vaio, but my dad felt that it wasn't worth the asking price... if he only knew what kind of ### I would have to deal with. I have had no problems with this unit, have even enjoyed after I upped the ram to four gigs. (Vista 32 so it won't use all 4) About a week ago I was experiencing hard drive issues, awkward slowdowns, lengthen periods of time between start on and shut off, and insane transfer times when moving files. Well, I turned it on this morning and enjoyed my little BSOD episode. After reseting the system to factory settings all I could access was my documents. No start menu, no icons, nothing! Thankfully I saved all my music... now I can't even get it to post.

• Da
    David Sep 13, 2008

Anyone wishing to get some money for their faulty laptops i buy them for spares
    as i run my own repair buissness and am an acer point partner dont slate me :)

email me here David.[protected]@inknmedia.co.uk with fault of laptop and ill get back to you with what ill pay

(paypal)

everything taken

• Pa
    Paul Pisani Oct 07, 2008

I purchased an Acer Aspire 5570z laptop about a year ago. it is the slowest piece of ### i have ever come across. It takes forever to load a program. The Vista OS is totally incompatable with Office 2007. It won't open Word or Excel documents on first go. It takes forever to open up Outlook. The internal wireless antenna keeps turning itself off. I think Acer have produced a real lemon and unfortunately I was a sucker.

Mary Oct 07, 2008

I bought an Acer Aspire AS5735-4624 1 month ago. First problems I had were when it went to sleep or power-save mode it would not wake up again without a manual reboot. Now it won't turn on at all. Tried it with the battery alone, then the power cable alone. Did a manual reboot. Left it alone for a day and prayed...

The lights blink when you push the power button. The right lights turn on when you plug it in. It just won't turn on. Dead laptop.

After reading everyone else's posts I am seriously considering just returning it instead of trying to have it repaired, while I am still in the warranty period.

• Da
    David Oct 07, 2008

My acer 5570z is perfect. I've had it for about a year. I took off vista when I got it and had xp installed on it. Works like a charm. I want to get a new battery because I really use mine alot. but no other problems.

• Ih
    I Hate my Acer Oct 09, 2008

My Keyboard is faulty since day 1. The buttons often go into an unresponsive state where all of a sudden, characters will not be recogized with a normal button push. This is a horrific problem as all of you fast typers can imagine. I constantly have to stop my typing and press delete to go back to the point of the skipped letter(s) and then start again. Anyone else had this problem

Joe Oct 15, 2008

I bought the Aspire 5570z just over a year ago and was wondering if anyone else has battery life issues. After a year of completely charging it and then using it till it had a few minutes left before plugging it in again I am down to only an hr of battery life when not connected to the wall. It used to be over 2hrs when i got it.

Sam Oct 16, 2008

I got my 5570Z 13 months ago, using XP ever since, i use it more than an average 6-8 hours a day, no problems EVER, battery life has dropped by just 5-10 minutes (still over 2 hours) and the fan does a bit more nowadays. Other than that, perfect. I think this was real value for money. ANy laptop that goes through a year without visiting the workshop is good.

Joe Oct 18, 2008

I've had my Acer for about a ten months and have since had no problems since, however i realized that my system tends to heat up alittle more than I would like thou but its nothing to complain about considering the hours i spend using it. I would actually recommend this product. I'm sorry to those of you that han't been as fortunate but your comments has given me alot to loo out for thanks!

• Ba
    bakay88 Oct 28, 2008

I BOUGHT MY ACER IN JANUARY AND IT CAME WITH A 512MB RAM ON A 120 GB HARD DISK AND I WOULD LIKE TO UPGRADE THE RAM. WHAT SIZE OF RAM IS THE MAX. I CAN USE AND WHAT IS THE SPECIFICATION OF THE RAM I SHOULD USE..

• Am
    Amstrad17 Nov 04, 2008

When my wife and i purchased an Acer Aspire 5920 roughly 2 months ago we had an absolute abomination of problems. On the 1st day the darn thing wouldnt even reach the title screen. After fiddling and sweating it out several hours, we called Acer support. "Oh, sounds like you have removed your harddrive sir" WHAT!? turns out Acer had sent us our brand new factory sealed notebook without a fisting HARDDRIVE! on top of this when they collected it for repair, after telling us it would be covered by warranty for free, they sent us a bill for £170 to put a harddrive in it!! i josh you not!

After pleading with them, they maintained that they couldnt possibly be to blame for our brand new laptop not having a harddrive and that I must have removed it whilst it was still packaged! we managed to arrange a more reasonable price then payed them, works aptly now, only a message 'Install Instant On Arcade.. Please Wait" has haunted us ever since, causing the computer and internet to run slow. It just wont complete installation. Acer are sick, sick people!

• He
    Hector Nov 06, 2008

I needed a laptop for college classes and because my tight budget I purchased whta believed to be a great product at a great price and unfortunately within two months period I discovered otherwise. Like many others on this group my laptop sometimes would freeze and goes intoa sleep type mode and the screen will not come back unless I conduct a hard boot. I have a wireless router in the house and it will drop off line or indicate a poor line connection even when I'm in the house. To make it worst two months after I purchsed the laptop I found the screen cracked on the inside with what it appears to be some sort of balck ink spill on the inside. I have attempted to contact Acer via phone and e-mail with no success. If you know a lawyer that could take all these complaints and go after Acer for class action it would be great...I'm a retired active duty veteran who tried to do the right thing by going back to college and her I'm stuck with this junk and no way of getting my money back! Some out there please help! Sincerely,
    Hector

• De
    denver Morgan Nov 10, 2008

I have a new acer 5530 laptop and i heard this sound like a screw that was lose so i took off the
    network card cover and lo and behold there was a screw just rolling around on the electronics inside
    im seriously considering taking it back for a refund im afraid what if they missed some thing else inside of there

• Gi
    Gilbert Nov 18, 2008

I have an Acer 5570z since 2 years, i travelled months with it, i use it 12-16 hours a day, but I DIDN'T HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT!!! ...i'm amazed at these comments... After 1 year of use, i expanded its RAM from 1 Gb, to 2, 5 Gb, and it works like charm! Maybe there are faulty ones ...like in almost every make, but it's not generally a bad product.

• Gi
    Gilbert Nov 18, 2008

I almost forgot... i was also confrunting the "screen blacks out" problem, but it was solved by a simple driver update!!!

After my opinion, a little care and a little updating solves a lot of problems! ;)

• Lo
    Lowell Sharrah Nov 25, 2008

First of all, I would like to say that my son bought an ACER over 2 years ago after graduating high school and has not had a problem since. I bought my wife an Aspire 5570Z with Vista last summer and starting 3 months ago, the battery is now not holding a charge. I feel this is unacceptable and that ACER should send me a new battery at no cost. The problem is not the power cord. The pc accepts the charge but does not hoold it. None of the power schemes have been played with. I even bought an extended warranty on it but I did not know the battery was not included-shame on me for not checking. I guess when you buy a laptop, you ASSume that everything will work if you properly take care of it. Good luck to all.

• Sb
    sbmorton Dec 09, 2008

My Acer battery life is about 20 minutes. I have it connected to the AC chord at all times...it is almost like a really bad desktop. This is the worst computer I have ever owned, and can not believe that major retailers still carry this product. Oh yea, and by the way, if you ever have to contact Acer by phone, good luck. Within a month of purchasing the Aspire, the hard drive failed, and I had to pay $40 for the back-up discs from the company. Worst computer ever.

• Bi
    BIG COUNTRY Jan 17, 2009

HI EVERYONE I HAVE THIS ACER ASPIRE 5570Z TO
    AND WHAT I LIKE TO SAY IS THAT THE NOTEBOOK IS NOT THE PROBLEM, ..ITS THE WINDOWS VISTA THATS THE PROBLEM, I REPROGRAMED THIS NOTEBOOK ABOUT 4-5 TIMES BECUSE WINDOWS VISTA KEEPS KNOKING OUT SOME DRIVERS AND THEN WHEN I GO TO RESTORE THEM OR BACKUP MY NOTEBOOK THINGS WILL NOT CHANGE, SO I GOT TO REPROGRAME AND REDO EVERYTHING AGAIN AND THEN IT WILL WORK AGAIN, SO I DO IS TURN OFF UPDATES TO WINDOW VISTA AND EVERYTHING STAYS FINE...THE NOTEBOOK IS NOW RUNNING VARY WELL ...P.S.! I ALSO TRYED WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION AND IT WILL NOT WORK WITH SOME DRIVERS AND THATS WHY I WENT BACK TO WINDOWS VISTA, ...MICROSOFT REALY NEEDS TO FIX THIS PROGRAM AND THERE UPDATES BECUSE THIS IS A NICE WINDOWS, I LIKE IT ALOT ..JUST REMEMBER TURN OFF UPDATES

• Jc
    jcarlop Jan 24, 2009

My aspire 557oZworks fine since we bought it new last september 07, my only problem so far now is the orbicam that hangs and restart itself during usage at yahoo messenger, I hope this program has an update avaliable at the acer website...

• Ta
    tasha Jan 27, 2009

I love my acer laptop my husband sent it to me from bestbuy.com while he was deployed in Iraq... it has been absolutely perfect the year that I've had it. NO complaints at all.

mac6110 Feb 04, 2009

Acer is horrible, after I purchased the 5570z about 2 years ago I didnt use the cd/dvd drive for a month, when I finally needed to use it it didn't work, acer tech support was rediculous and blamed me as well. Over the 2 years also had driver issues that was vista related, but after updates and reinstalling things seem to do the trick, just a pain in the a_ _. And finally yesterday the computer froze, and I tried to reboot it and the power light turns on but nothing else does, screen blank, fans work, battery shows charged but nothing else.

• Ks
    ks821 Feb 06, 2009

I hate my acer aspire 5570z. I was online with it and all of a sudden, it stopped me from going to my website that I commonly used. All the major sites I need to work form home have started blocking me. At first I thought it was my yahoo service...well...nope, then I thought it was my cable service...nope, then I realized that my laptop decided it didn't like my website (i sell real estate) or my freaking myspace pages. It has totally been disabled. I 've tried everything from system restore to disk fragmentation...nope...nothing worked. Of course no technical help from Acer either. I say, we should start a class action suit and demand our new laptops. Apparently this is an ongoing problem, and everybody has the same gripe, customer service suck, and the product is suckier!!!

• My
    myacersucks Feb 09, 2009

my acer 5570Z sucks i have experienced three bsod screens...my wireless antenna turns off and on out of no where...and i like the idea of a mandatory recall and we should get our money back cause these things are a piece of ###

• My
    myacersucks Feb 09, 2009

people we need to get together and FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT NOW

• Im
    iman Feb 11, 2009

I bought my acer 5570z from Dubai, I have had the blue screen problem of Physical memory dump, but that is because of the 224MB Graphics card on my system, so it will not support very demanding games!
    I stuck to Vista, overall I've been using it at the office and at home for 8 hours a day the past year and half and have had none of the problems! It is slow to start up, but that's Vista's problem!
    I'm 75% happy with this acer!

• Th
    Thunder2777 Feb 11, 2009

My Complain is I can't find Acer Aspire 5570z Motherboard Drivers. Even I have checked the Acer Website for that.

Did somebody know it then kindly put the Link on the web.

Thanks in Advance.