ABSA Bank β€” decrease of credit card limit

I had a limit on my credit card. I made a lump sum payment into the card. Without any prior notice, Absa saw it fit to decrease my credit limit by half. I never knew this and went to the shops to get some food etc, only to be told that it was declined. Very taken back with this as i knew with my last purchase I still had a positive balance. I have made my monthly installments and some every monthly. I find this very bad practise from ABSA. What am i meant to do now???

• Fa
    Fabiodp Mar 22, 2013

i am experiencing the exact same problem, how did they resolve for you ?

their terms and conditions should state that clients should avoid paying lum sums

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices