Aarons Sales And Leaseillegal business practices

C

My husband purchased a computer from these idiot's last October. He did a 12 mo. lease. We had to move and after making 10 payments on time only owing 2 payments we had to be late because of the move. They called constantly, left nasty messages, came to the house banging on the door, put some kind of firewall on the computer so we couldn't use it and then decided without my permission since the had a copy of my credit card on file to just go ahead and charge it for the full 2 payments. Not only did this just put me in a horrible financial situation, they did not have my premission at all to use the card, was never notified that they did so and to make things worse I am not even listed on my husbands account! The only reason they had my card number is because I had used it a couple of times to make a payment which means they kept the information from my card! These people are dangerous, thieving, criminals and have no concious what so ever. So if you don't want to pay twice what something is worth and then have your personal financial information stolen from you, stay far away from Aaron's.

• Ca
    Carrie Oct 24, 2008

mandy Nov 08, 2008

Rent-a-center does the same thing. they charge taxes three or four times for the product. here is how they do it, let say a tv rent for 19.95 a week, they charge you that plus taxes, then they add their insurance on the merchandise and charge you tax on the amount then, they add all up together and charge you more taxes .

makesomesense Aug 11, 2009

I'm thinking you probably moved far away from the store and they found out. After tracking you down, you refused payment or were still obstinate. Probably didn't have a good phone number for you? Your credit card was used to make your payment. Oh my God. A little late were ya? Try some self-exploration for those feelings. Thiefs, it takes one to know one.