Menu
Aaron's
reviews & complaints

Aaron's
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

609 complaints
106 resolved 503 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Aaron's. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
B
8:36 pm EST

Aaron's - Customer service

I told the team members at Aarons on 1300 Getwell Rd, Memphis, TN 38111 that I had just went back to work and I do not get paid until the last of the month. I was off work because I had health issues and with tbis pandemic going on, it is hard on everyone especially me. They keep harassing me even when I am at work and this kind of harrassment can lead a person like me to be stresseed out and I already have health issues. I was paying and never missed a payment but not they are not willing to work with me. They are extremely rude.

Update by Bettie Rogers
Dec 09, 2021 8:37 pm EST

If anybody is looking for furniture, do not go to Aaron Rental because the minute you fall on bad financial difficulty, they will harrass you

2:20 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

It was bad you can see it for your self my

View 0 more photos

ARRON'S, Store # C1796
4016 Main Street
Bridgeport, CT, 06606

Agreement #35344

My washing machine went out at the beginning of October. After 4 attempts to have it picked up for servicing, I was forced to file a complaint.

The washer was finally picked up, and I've waited 3 weeks to have it repaired. I received a call from the store manager, Sonja, on 11/16/2021, stating that the washer was ready, and that it would be delivered in the evening. Unfortunately, this did not happen

I called ARRON'S this afternoon, and spoke with Jenny. Jenny stated that the reason the washer wasn't delivered as stated, was the fact that there was an issue with one of the workers. This is the reason that I've been given many times since the washer went out.

Jenny also stated that the washer could not be delivered until 11/19/2021, unless I, or someone in my household assisted with the delivery. I am paying monthly for the washer, and servicing, if needed. I, nor anyone in my household should not have to assist with delivery in order to have my leased merchandise returned on a specific date.

I have recorded conversations with both Sonja and Jenny. They cannot deny what was said to me during our telephone conversations...

Desired outcome: Return of merchandise ASAP

G
11:48 am EST

Aaron's - Bedroom set pick up

I got a bedroom set from Aarons, I got a chest, but needed a dresser. I called Todd the manager and he couldnt have been more rude. he said no plus he wanted money. I called rent a center and they have a bedroom set. So I decided to change to RAC. I have to have Aarons pick up bedroom set in the morning so RAC can deliver in afternoon. This has been going on for 3 weeks. No money, no pickup Todd said. I need them to pick up merchandise on November 15th, early so RAC can deliver in afternoon. Dealing Aarons has been a nightmare. I have tried to get hold of corporate office and all I get is music/ Please get back to me [protected] Gail Popstein

1 comment
M
Nov 08, 2021 12:22 pm EST

Hi Gale.

Glad I can help.

First, do you have your account up to date with Aaron's?

8:29 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've been with Aaron's for over five years and it's the first time I've ever need screwed I rented a kitchen stove and a washer and dryer and they only sent out the kitchen stove and the kitchen stove looked like it picked up in a dump and the salesman never included the washer and dryer but yet I was charged for them I have a troybuilt riding mower that I...

R
2:45 am EDT

Aaron's - UN75NU7100FXZA smart TV

Told it was the latest model come to find out its 2 years old! Then I got to wondering why all the apps every God dam app is foren russa/Spanish/Albania ECT! then after doing research found out its because the crap TV arrons gave me is zoned for EU not USA! And it's a refurbished TV from Samsung also the screen has vertical banding lines in screen picture looks like [censored] know for a fact you have to replace the screen to fix! Cost more than TVs worth! So went to arrons here Vancouver wa with complaint showed then pictures of screen with banding lines they told me they would have a repair technician get a hold of me well its going on 2 1/2 months know and still whating WTF!

C
8:09 pm EDT

Aaron's - employee

It shows on my account that only mike can call me. I have filed a claim with Aarons club because I lost my job. I have told two people that this week from my local store. I have talked to Aarons club also. Instead, I get a rude phone call from Carolyn who works at another store that is at the Crockett store this evening being rude when I told her that I have a claim filed because I lost my job. She wanted to start screaming and I told her that the only person allowed to call me is mike the manager. I will not put up with that type of behavior from your employees. It sounds like she doesn't need to work with customers. If she is going to yell at me then I will do it back. I have been making my club payments online for the amount it shows due. I missed the one for the 6th but just got that paid and the one for the 20th paid. I talked to Aaron's club yesterday and they didn't say anything to me about it. I am tired of having employees from this location being rude. I am going through enough as it is. I have 4 accounts with yall and spend a lot of money and you would think your employees would be more customer service but instead, they are rude. I called back and told her I wanted to talk to mike and she said I couldn't. I told her, he needed to call me back and if she would look at my account it shows only the manager can call me. Instead, she started yelling again. I am tired of having to make complaints about employees from that store. This is getting old and uncalled for. Something needs to be done about this and how the employees treat customers. They need more training on customer service. They need to look at the notes on the account also. I am not dealing with anyone but Mike because every time I get a rude employee and I am tired of that.

1 comment
L
Jan 31, 2022 7:52 pm EST

I haven't even started my lease to own yet. Just called to ask about a delivery date and the lady who answered, if you can call her a lady, was exceptionally rude. I am beginning to rethink my order. I thought it was a good option but i dont want to deal with rude people or a subpar customer service.

C
10:56 am EDT

Aaron's - sofa/recliner

my name is justine hadden-sexton i rented a sofa, loveseat from Aarons. I only have one payment left but my recliner broke over two months ago. I have been in contact with the Milford de store. Some of the staff have been very rude. I get calls almost every day, for the final payment and I tell them when they come out to repair the sofa they will get the payment. Someone did come out and said they needed to order the part over two months ago. Now they are saying we have to pay the payment or they are not fixing the sofa. They also say there was someone out to fix it twice. No there was not, I have told them that any day after 5 is ok to come we both work. We are also home on Saturdays. I have never had to deal with such unprofessional people, I feel that store needs to better with the people who are there customers.
I can be reached at [protected]

Desired outcome: Fix the sofa or bring me a new one!

D
6:56 pm EDT

Aaron's - Bedroom set

September of 2020 I lease a bedroom set when the set was delivered I was not made me aware that the mirror was crack at the warehouse and the headboard had a big hole until after they had the other furniture in the bedroom. I was upset but the guy said that they can order another mirror and headboard so I said ok. (I have paid up front before I got any furniture) In November they was calling for payment and I still did not received the reminding pieces. I went to the store to talk with the manager upset and I told they can come pick up the furniture if they don't have the mirror or headboard, the manager told me that the pieces was there and will be delivered on that Friday before Thanksgiving so I made that payment. The pieces was not delivered and still has not been delivered but my account is in collection now I need this account clear ASAP. Ref.#0821623

Desired outcome: My account is in collection for a full bedroom set that I do not have I need to account to be clear. I just need for this to be handle.

W
12:18 pm EDT

Aaron's - Washer

My parents are elderly couple who purchased a washer from this place.my parents tried using the washer after it was delivered and the washer didn't work!Not only did they refuse to change or fix the washer they had my parents still paying for a washer that didn't work! Yes his company takes full advantage of people or elderly people who don't know any better nor have the energy to fight for there rights!

Desired outcome: A full refund

Aaron's - attude

they need to check out the staff exspecly the manger michaese very rude i will never rent anything from aarons ever when i pay my suff off i will be shopping with rent a center worried about making sales on the show room what about people like me who are a custmer i have shopped with u guys since 02/02 i will never shop with u guys and the store i am talking about is kings highway in new bedford and my name is terri tripp

Desired outcome: teach staff how to treat new or old custmers with respect

3:58 pm EDT

Aaron's - Manager

Me and my wife have an account I understand I'm be hind but the manager keeps calling and leaving rude and unremarkable messages in my wife's voice mail and I refuse to make a payment until something is done. If I need to be contacted I can be reached @ [protected] and this is with the store managed in hillside and bell in Amarillo Texas my name is Charles ward

O
12:57 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Aaron's - refusing to take back items

we called wanting a return they showed up blocket my nabours drive told here off come to my door i ask him to put on mask to come in he told me im not putting on fff ing mask got in truck and pulled off i called office on bufflo rd erie pa they told me we live in hostile envierment .i would like to drop of items this office is the worst ever .all becuse i ask him to put on mask

Desired outcome: would like to return items like ask for

K
1:38 pm EDT

Aaron's - Aaron’s customer service

I have been a loyal customer of Aaron's for 3 years now and recently ordered furniture and requested to have them to help me move some furniture I am currently leasing. I don't have an accurate date to move due to the apartment complex maintenance and low staff so I called Aaron's to cancel my orders well apparently the order was never cancelled and today the guys came over to help move which is greatly appreciated although I thought I cancelled. I am at work and the guys just took it upon themselves to enter my house without knocking and my underage child was in the house sleeping the entire time. I have them on camera and contacted the store. Of course they apologized but the entire order should have been cancelled and no employee should ever enter a home without permission and it should highly be addressed.

Desired outcome: Compensation

P
6:24 pm EDT

Aaron's - Taken money off my debit card and not returning it after I returned the Xbox

My name Patsy Shipley I have been doing business with the Granbury Tx Aarons for about 10/15 years they weren't suppose to take $ off my debit card until the 3rd of the month which is when my money goes on my card well on July 2nd they took a payment and I returned the Xbox that same day they refused to put my payment back on my card so they pretty much stole the payment I will never in this life time do business with Aarons again I guess you needed the money worse than a person who lives on a fixed income I know this complaint will fall on deft ears but but at least I got it off my chest how I feel about you taking money that you had no business taking off my debit card Thank You for allowing me to get this off my mind at least

Desired outcome: To get my money returned to my debit card

I
12:37 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Aaron's - Lucy and Antonia at Addison, IL branch/ez pay charged my full balance and incorrect date

Hi,
Antonia and Lucy at your Addison, IL have been FAR from professional every time I need assistance. Antonia has been using the excuse that she is "new " for the past months now in order to not assist with what is called for. They promise phone calls back that never happen and are disrespectful when they do call. I called weeks ago to see if someone could get sent out to service a loose board on my dresser and to this day have NOT heard back from them about that. They even asked me to send pics. I had called 3 times last week just to get my ez pay activated and didn't get assistance until the 3rd call that week and with TONS of attitude from Lucy. My ez pay isn't supposed to kick in until the 15th and only for $73. This morning I was charged the full balance of $357. I reached out to Lucy for assistance and she was super rude just because she couldn't pull up what i was referring to. she went as far as to tell me that i am "the worst customer" and that talking to me is "worthless" to her. I have been part of the same corporation for 5 years and this level of disrespect and unprofessionalism would be unacceptable and called for dismissal automatically. I want nothing to do with this branch and she should not be a manager at any location. I am almost done with my payments and NO LONGER WANT SERVICES with unprofessional people such as Antonia and Lucy . Super disappointed. Need a call asap.

M
10:14 pm EDT

Aaron's - Management/Harrassing previous employee

The management in Morehead has decided that since they have their vehicle serviced at a local dealership, and I have a new job there (I was prev manager @ Morehead Aaron's) they have called stating it's a conflict of interest to handle the parts account for maintenance.
It's petty utterly ridiculous and I have no gain from the situation at all. Very unprofessional

R
7:51 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

we have complained since june 7 that the ge washer does not work we have gotten no were with the gates store and today its june 18

8:18 pm EDT

Aaron's - Customer Service and Delivery Service

Never dealt with a company whom needed communication nor customer service training more than this one. We ordered a washing machine which was supposed to be delivered Friday June 4th. After not hearing anything by 4pm on the 4th we called since the store closes at 6. We were given several excuses about why it was not delivered and also told they cannot contact their drivers in the field. We were informed we would be called Saturday to see if they could deliver it then.

We never got a call back, so we called again on Saturday afternoon and were told the person whom was to deliver was off on that Saturday. We called the 1-800 today at around 5:45pm (June 7th) to cancel the order as we will buy one elsewhere and we're told they could not cancel because it was in route for delivery. According to tracking, it is NOT on a truck for delivery but PENDING delivery and tracking stated they would call to schedule delivery...

With minutes to spare before the store closes at 6pm, we called and we're told they would let "Mike" the delivery driver know Wednesday when he comes in that we canceled our order. This is pretty laughable for any business, not sure what the deal is in Abingdon, VA but some management could use a few fire logs under their chair. Now I am going to bet my order never gets cancelled and they try to deliver here without even so much as a phone call.

Desired outcome: Don't care, other business establishments who will be glad to take my money.

J
5:18 pm EDT

Aaron's - Service

we went into the store to apply for credit and the customer service attendant named Madison approached us really slow and weird. we ask if we could apply for a tv and she pointed at the little computer in the middle of the store. so we sat there and filled out the application and was approved . we had to almost go to the counter to get her attention again to tell her we finished it and was approved. to which she replied i already see that up here, then why did we have to walk up to the counter and tell her. then the manager Hector joined her in antagonizing us about what we might be able to do this whole time the manager Jackie is sitting in the office with the door wide open mind you. Hector and Madison says they will have her call us about what we can do the next day ... which is insulting our intelligence, in short they were nice and nasty at the same time. we left and called the 1 800 number ..shortly Jackie the manager called Justin Garnica back and apologized and wanted to make it right so he allowed her to ... then we get a call from Madison today the they wont be able to deliver the tv because they have no driver and they dont deliver in the rain... this is clearly her being disrespectful and nasty. i called the Tyler store and they say they have never heard of such a thing..how can we trust your customer service team if they are so hard to deal with and we havent even bought anything yet

Desired outcome: cultural diversity training for one....and the team you have should be scraped and redone

Aaron's contacts