AAMCO Transmissions Logo

AAMCO Transmissions

Having problems with AAMCO Transmissions?

1699 S. 1st Avenue
Yuma, Maryland

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with AAMCO Transmissions.

Complaints & Reviews

Aamco Transmissionsrepair work

On 2/14/11 I called my local aamco transmissions repair center, I told them that my 2002 nissan maxima GXE was driving a little sluggish at times, and slow, basically just lacking in performance. My step dad is a mechanic, and he is the guy I go to for advice. He didn't really know what was wrong with my car so he recommended I take it to aamco so they can run some testing on the engine and transmission. Since this is the only vehicle that I have currently, I dropped my maxima off and about 2 hours later the manager calls me back and says, Well Justin by the looks of it, you need the following..

1. Vavle Cover Gaskets Replaced Both Driver & Passenger Side $500
2. Ignition Coils/Boots $750
3. O2 Sensor. $102
4. Spark Plugs. $80
5. Tune Up, With New Transmission filter. $155
6. P1800 Code. Solenoid For the Intake Manifold. $294

When he started telling me everything I was pretty much dumbfounded, and really surprised that I had all of these problems. Well after owning my 2002 nissan maxima almost 3 years, I really never done anything to the car major. I was looking at over $2, 000 just in repair costs (parts and labor). At this time I am thinking to myself well I hope nothing happens to my transmission, (knock on wood) I could be looking anywhere between $3, 000 to $4, 000 for a rebuilt transmission. This doesn't include the $500 stereo system that I just put in, plus the custom air intake INJEN and MEGAN racing exhaust system that cost me another $1, 000. And the rims that cost me another $1, 300. Sooner or later I need new brakes and rotors (I have know idea what that will cost me). I paid $7, 000 for the car cash 3 years ago, and if I was considering selling her today I would put a price take on her for $5800 OBO. Just with extras and repair costs I put more in her than what she is worth.

So before I left the shop on monday he needed to order the solenoid part for my car and said it will be in in the next 2 days. So on 2/17/11 no one calls me to let me know the situation. So I end up calling around 11am this morning and the manager answers and I asked him if my part came in yet for my maxima. He says, "I just called and confirmed that the solenoid will be in at anytime". Well almost 2 hours later and he hasn't called me yet? I know with all of the repair work it will last about a half a day..

I finally took my car in and after repairs I feel like my car still drives the same? You would think after spending $2, 000 these guys know what they are doing?? I guess not. Last time I go to a repair shop. OVER PRICED!! HALF ### JOB!!! Stay away people, go elsewhere!!

Aamcoleft me without car

I went to AMMCO in Glendale, CA. Had I read the reviews I would have never stepped foot there. Anyways they charged me 89.99 for a diagnostic, which I was fine with. Even though I already knew what was wrong with the car, but I agreed to it because I wanted and estimate of the cost to repair. John told me to give them a couple of hours and they would call me back. I told them I didn't have a way to get home, so he told me they would give me a ride home and pick me up when my car was done. I go home, two hours pass they call me and tell me exactly what I already know the transmission grinds. They estimate the cost at around 1500. I tell them i don't have that kind of money. He starts insisting that I do the repairs or my transmission might get damaged further, even though I have had this problem for almost forty thousand miles. He keeps pushing forward "do you have credit? Do you have someone that can lend you money?". Long story short they tell me they can't pick me up because "they have no one available" and they tell me if I don't pick up my car by 4:45 that they will close. My only other option is to ride my bicycle to Glendale but there is no way I can make it in time before they close.Of course they say they can pick me up the next day. Now I'm stuck with no car for the night so I can't pick up my wife from work at midnight and I work tomorrow morning. Had I known they were going to leave me stranded I would have never agreed to any of this. I figured I would pay for an estimate and this is what 89.99 dollars gets me.

Aamcoowner

I had AAMCO tow my vehicle 60 miles to their shop as I did not have up to date insurance or tags...the company was aware of this. I told them what needed done and approx. 5 days later they called and said it was finished. I told them it would be approx. 10 days till I picked it up as I was waiting for a paycheck that i would pay the repair bill put new tags and renew insurance. Two days later my husband drove around the corner from my house ( 60 miles away) and our vehicle was sitting out front. My husband went and asked the homeowner where they got the vehicle. The woman told my husband she was getting her vehicle repaired at AAMCO and that the vehicle was the loaner that they gave her. We informed her that was our vehicle and the police were called. We drove our vehicle around the corner and put it back in our garage. The next day we went to AAMCO...I asked where my vehicle was and the "owner" told me he loaned it to a lady who was in a tight spot without a car. He didnt want me to contact the police...and offered me a WOW big 20% off. I told him no thank you that I would not be paying the bill and that he had no right to loan out my car..he proceded to tell me that I was going to punish him 2000 dollars and go to the news and ruin his reputation because he made a small bad judgment call...ummm yes i think i will...i then proceded to tell him if he felt so bad for the lady he should of loaned her his personal vehicle not one of his customers...remember this vehicle had NO TAGS AND NO INSURANCE

Aamco — unauthorized work

I dropped my car off to be analyzed for a transmission repair on November 29 2010 with my boyfriend. For 2...

AAMCO Transmission — beware of quotes

On 10/4/2010 my 2003 Honda Odyssey was in the shop at a Honda dealership. I was told that it needed a new...

Aamco Transmissionsvery poor customer service

We had our transmission rebuilt in our 1996 dodge ram 1500 p/u at the Clark rd store in Sarasota Fla in April 2010. We paid $1500.00 . We chose AAmco because we were told of the nationwide warranty. Well here we are 300 miles from home and 4000.00 miles into our warranty on a Saturday no less and the front seal blows. We were able to contact a store in Gainsville Fla Spoke with a Mr. Bobby Taylor there who assured us if we paid $200.00 to have our vehicle towed to his AAMCO he would get right on it Monday morning. Well I had to contact him at 930 am which is not first thing in my book and he informed me he had to get back with the sarasota store to get permission to fix our vehicle.

Well that was about six hrs ago and I still have no idea whats actually wrong with my vehicle or when it will be fixed. I spoke with the gentleman in Sarasota and he informed me that he has to be sure what is wrong with the vehicle as these stores tend to rip each other off. We were'nt informed at the time ofservice that this was how the nationwide warranty workeld. If you are going to offer such a warranty such as this you certainly should inform the consumer and give them the opportunity to say no thanks I'll take my chances with a local.

Now I am out 150.00 for a rental car plus maybe more and I have no idea when i will be able to get my vehicle back or get back to my life 300 miles from here.

• Dm
            D Mihaela Jan 15, 2016

emotionally abused by AAMCO people

I had an awful experience at one of AAMCO locations- the one in Lisle, IL. I needed just a diagnosis and they asked me to leave the car with them, the whole day. That’s what they actually said: one day, the whole day. I left the car with them around 9am. They were supposed to call me when the job is done, which never happened, so, before their closing time, I went back with my husband and asked what’s going on (Jan 15th, around 4pm-4:30pm if they have cameras). I needed the car for next day, to go to work. The car was still outside, looked like they never worked on it. I just asked what happened with the “one day only” thing they promised me. Extremely relaxed and rude, the “boss” told me that’s a very delicate matter and they need time- “may be a day, may be two, may be three….who knows??”. When I asked why didn’t he told me that from the very beginning, he jumped out of his chair and yelled at us to “get the F out of here, mo*[censored]rs”!!! another employee came and start yelling at us too, the same outrageous words, so we left. It is UNBELIEVABLE how rude they are and they should be hold responsible for this.

Aamcotook money for no repair

I would never allow them to change the air freshener hanging from the rearview let alone allowing them to try and do any real work. They gambled on a resolution, it failed, they lost, they kept my money and after 9 months still have my car.

Therefore, I lost.

News flash - fixing the damage does not always fix the problem. Most people expect that the problem be fixed. Consumers generally do not care about the damage only a satisfactory resolution.

If I had a flat tire, putting more air in might solve the issue - but only until all the air leaks out.

replacing a transmission might fix the problem, but if it doesn't consumers do not care that you replaced the transmission. We want a working car after thousands of dollars and months of time.

See you in court fellas.

AAMCO Transmission — no diagnostics done to find true problem

My son took his 1996 dodge avenger into the aamco shop in mcdonough to have them do a diagnostic test on hi...

Aamco Transmission Linden Nj — uneeded repair

Took my 003 caddy in with ck engine light on. Jose checked the car said he needed to ck it further no charge...

Aamcounecessary repairs

I went to AAMCO for an oil change and brake check. The manager told me my brakes were shot and needed total replacement, including pads, rotors, and hardware, to the tune of $500 bucks. I became suspicious because of the steep price and the fact that 6 mos earlier, the brakes had been just fine. So I got a second opinion at Christian Brothers Auto Repair. They found that the brakes only needed cleaning and the rotors needed resurfacing. The pads were fine. They did the job for $184.00!!. When I called the manager of AAMCO and told him I did not appreciate that he had lied to me and I was taking my business elsewhere from now on, he did not even deny my allegations nor did he apologize!! Talk about arrogance! I guess he thought if he could get away with it, he deserved and extra $400 bucks for doing nothing! :(

Janet

• Bi
                Big T. Oct 25, 2011

Janet,
                As a technician myself, I would always recommend a set of new brake pads when resurfacing or replacing the rotors. The pads wear into the grooves in the rotors and will wear your "resurfaced" rotors down to the same condition as your old rotors in no time. If the repair shop charges you $184 to resurface your rotors, you may want to shop around and see what new ones cost (usually between $30 -$50 each).

Also, I'm not sure what year your vehicle is, but the hardware in the brakes does need to be replace regularly to maintian good performance. After thousnds of times hitting the brakes, parts wear and just don't quite work the way they were designed.

For a quality brake service, depending on the type of vehicle of course, you should expect to pay anywear from 350-600 per axle. When if comes to brakes Janet, this is probably not an area where you want to "patch" a repair together like it sounds that repair facility did. Just a friendly FYI.

Aamco Transmissions — ripped off/scam

My engine light was on and my car was not shifting fast enough. Took it to this Aamco and was told they could...

Aamco Transmissions — bad sevice!

Took my wife's 2002 Pt Cruiser to get the transmission repaired, I was called and told that it will cost...

Aamcobad service

AAMCO Pasadena CA took over $2, 000 from me.I took my Mercedes to repair the transmission.Within months the car wouldn't shift and finally stalled, they wouldn't accept responsibility.I finally took them to small claims and won my case. The Dept.Automotive Repairs found problems with them and my car (they had failed to do a valve job when rebuilding the transmission).They have many law suits filed in the Pasadena Court House.They counter sued and I lost only because I was too drained from it all to explain my case to the new judge. The manager's name is Rob. Called AAMCo's Corp. office was told they don't get involved each shop is independent. My car never drove the same again.

• Ga
                  Galina Jan 15, 2009

Read both relevent stories:

I went to Aamco transmissions in north attleboro, ma. They tell you that they give you an external diagnostic for 60.00. If they do any work then it's free. so they looked at my tranny and said they were going to have to take it apart. they took it apart for the cost of 400.00 they said it was junk.

(which it was). they said a price of about 600.00 to repair it. so as they were amassing parts the came up with another figure of 1500.00. near the end I got a price of 1900.00. so I told them to go ahead.

The final price was 2900.00 I had to tell them to go ahead. They had my transmission apart. I would have had to pay between 1500 and 1900 If they put it back together without fixing it.

So with tax and everything it was 3000.00. They did a really good job but It cost me dearly. I was also paying 381.90 a month for my hyundai payments. Live and learn... read below.

I ran over a truck tire on the highway and cracked my bumper cover. no problem. 2 years later my transmission DIED and was leaking fluid.

I had it towed to Pride Hyundai in seakonk, ma. they said they won't warrintee it because it looks like I hit a curb. Only problem is that it was leaking from the top. If I hit a curb It would leak from the bottom. I called Hyundai corperate many time and all they do is refer back to the dealer.

In the end I did not get anywhere with the dealer or hyundai motors. So I took my car to AAmco transmissions. Did an amazing job but they are scam artists. It cost me 2995.00 for them to rebuild it. Hyundai comes with a 10yr 100000 mile warrentee but it's not worth the paper it's printed on.

My car was only at 15, 000 miles when my transmission went. Do yourself a favor. Spend the extra money to get a honda or toyota.

• Ad
                  Adam C Dec 20, 2010

First of all I realize I shouldnt have taken my truck to AAMCO for this problem but I did. my check engine light came on i was told i had a bad Catalytic Converter AAMCO said they could fix it for 450.00 so i let them 45 min after leaving the shop the light was back on, when i came home from the deer hunt i took it to AutoZone and they said i had a defected Cat so back to AAMCO i went, they had it for 3 hours and told me the cat was good that i had a bunch of other problems WRONG I DIDNT. to make a long story short the light has been on since Nov i had to get IM and inspections done and it wouldnt pass cuz the Cat was bad i took it back to AAMCO after getting a 4th opinion and they once again said the Cat was good, that it was a universal Cat and that it was my oxygen sensors and they were going to fix it for free and the light wouldnt come on again. they swore!!! well i got it back from them 3 days ago drove it 150 miles and guess what the light is back on, so i went and got a code reading and its the Cat. so tomorrow im going back to AAMCO to see what they say this time. I SHOULDNT HAVE TO SPEND MY LIFE AT AMMCO GET IT RIGHT AND STOP HIRING DRUG ADDICTS TO WORK IN THE SHOP.

• Pi
                  Pissed off @ Jan 01, 2011

These people are the biggest scam artist.They will scam you off your money.They will lie to your face!I was told I needed transmission rebuilt.They told me that pieces of metal were found on the transmission oil stick.That for them to determine the internal damage they would have to bring down the transmission for $430.Don't let them do this! This how they lie and keep you car hostage.Steve will tell you a bunch of bull and Orlando the owner will tell you more bull.Steve is payed extra in commisions to add repairs that will never be done or replaced.Just search other complaint sites and you will see a long history with the same practices.I payed the so called free trans scan and went to a local transmission shop.I was told they found no metal and that all it needed was an oil change.They recommended a new trans filter.The workers are told to lie to get bonuses.I am contacting all former customers so we can sue them.Also I have spoken to a former employee and he told me that he had to scam people in order to keep his job.If you have any issues call your local the Attorney General.Don't believe the BBB certification, they know how to lie to them also.I will make sure to keep other consumers informed on all web blogs of these thieves

AamcoI was assaulted

I took my car to aamco in bothell and asked this guy bill wright if he could get the codes and reset my computer. he told me to bring it back at 3pm and he'll charge me $40. when i get there he tells me he only takes cash, to i walked over to the 7 eleven atm and withdrew $40(with a $2.50 atm charge). when i walked back he told me that my water pump was bad and my transmission was bad, he told me that he would be happy to do it cheap if i could get someone to get the tranny out and he would only charge me $300 to $2200. i told him that was a pretty big difference in #'s. he said that everyone does it like that and that would be $40. i asked him if he reset the computer codes like i asked and he told me he was telling me what the codes were. then he took me to where he had the code readers and told me how much all the tools cost, so again i just asked him for the codes. he told me he doesn't print them out, so i asked him if there was any way he could write them down for me, he said sure. we started to walk to the office and he started to tell me something else and i asked him if he canceled the codes on the computer. he started yelling at me and telling me he didn't appreciate what i was trying to do and that was why he always wants his money up front because of people like me. i told him that i didn't understand what he was talking about and that all i wanted to know was if he reset the computer, i told him i could not beleive he was talking to me the way he was. he told me he didn't want my money and to leave. i was confused on why he was acting like that yelling and screaming. i was getting into the driver's seat and trying to call my step father and he started putting things under my car, i didn't know what he was doing. he got frusted at something so he started comeing towards me, i told him to stay away from me, he opened my back driver side door and got in i kept asking him what are you doing i seen him trying to reach for the ignition and figured my keys were in it. so i reached in and got them before he could, all of a sudden i felt him punch me in the side of my head. i called the police and while i was waiting he decided to grab a rolling jack put it under my car, pushed it out of the bay and before the car rolled down the hill he dropped the jack slamming my car down. then closed the bay door. cops came and sayed it was his word against mine. i am a single mother that just can't beleive that employees in this company are allowed to act like this. i left a message on the company web page to see if i could talk to the owner. we will see. i just wanted everyone to know how i was treated and to be aware.

1st Choice Transmissions Jan 05, 2017

This is Bill Wright and I cannot even believe that this bogus complaint is still on the internet. I ask that you readers of this complaint would use common sense. The police were called to the scene and that was by me. Of course I did not hit this woman because if I had I would probably still be in jail. Just the mere fact that she does not mention that I was arrested proves that she is a liar. What actually happened is she did not want to pay the $40 diagnostic fee which is normally $80 and I was trying to help her out. I told her that she had several electronic problems and that we don't have a print out of all of those problems because that's not what our scanner does. She became very belligerent and started talking about wanting to speak to the owner. I informed her that I handle all of the business and that is why I am the manager. Then she jumped in her car inside of my shop and was refusing to get out or back her car out. I went into the office to call the police and when I was in there she came out and started screaming and yelling and upsetting my other customers. I went to go get in her car to get the keys out and she does not have a sliding door or there is no sliding door on a car and she jumped into the front seat and hit her head on the rearview mirror and broke it off. When the police got there and heard my story and hers they came to me and asked me about her saying that I hit her. When I told the police what had actually happened they went and looked at the mark on her face and it was exactly the perfect shape of the rearview mirror that she had on her cheek. She injured herself acting like a maniac. At this point the police told her to leave the premises before she got charges filed on her for making a false report. I am so sorry that somebody like this could blemish the name of such a big company that already has enough problems but I feel the need to let anybody out there know you can call me anytime at [protected] and I will be more than happy to show you that we have zero complaints with the Better Business Bureau and zero attorney general complaints at the store that I presently work at. I actually run six different locations and we have nothing but 5 Star reviews. So please disregard her bogus complaint because it is just flat ridiculous.

• Ha
                    HateRump&REPUGNITARDS Jan 05, 2017

Obviously the manager was lying and he hit her up against the rear view mirror. That's when it broke off and left her with the mirror shaped mark on her face! If she wanted to talk with the owner the "manager" should give her the specs from the diagnostics on his computer AND the owner's contact info - phone number and email if owner has one.

1st Choice Transmissions Jan 05, 2017

@HateRump&REPUGNITARDS We know that this is you Jake snakes. A lawsuit is being prepared against you as we speak

1st Choice Transmissions Jan 05, 2017

And you can tell that this report that was made right after mine has been made by a complete i###t because like I said if she had been hit I would have been arrested so whoever you are that keeps putting this on the internet I suggest you stop before I call the police and press formal charges on you for making false allegations filing a false felony report is a felony so unless you're ready to get sued I suggest you stop making these postings before you find yourself in court

AAMCO West Palm Beach FL — bad mechanics

I took my 99 Mazda 626 in for transmission repairs on 9/25/09 at which time the shop performed a total...

Aamco Transmissionssneaky practices

They prey on students and don't tell the full story just so they can get you in there. I had looked at reviews online and all were negative for this place. However I figured that if someone has a good experience they are less apt to write about it. Boy was I wrong. A 500 job turned into 2800 and when I asked for my car back they wanted to charge me another fee to put it back together. Update: not only was my car damaged on the outside, my cd player was mysteriously stolen as well. Horrid disgusting people I will never let them touch my car!‎

Jack Apr 13, 2010

The AAMCO Transmission shop in Alexandria, LA lacks good customer service. I don't know how their work is, but if it is anything like the customer service, I have recommended that my car dealership, which is footing the bill for fixing or replacing my transmission, take the vehicle somewhere else. For two weeks, AAMCO personnel have been telling me that they will get to the transmission in my 2017 Chrysler Town and Country van before the end of the week. Every time I have gone by the shop, they have not only not even moved my van, but also send a different person out of the office to tell me they will get on my van by the Thursday or Friday of each week. On the following Monday, I have gone by to see why they haven't even moved the van. They keep telling me they are backed up or somebody called in sick and they are short of help. I went back to my car dealer to let them know how poor the service and speed of getting my transmission looked at was going. On Monday, March 29th, the dealer sales person, who sold me the van is going to call them to find out why they haven't even moved the van. If they haven't made any attempt by the time the dealer calls on Monday, the dealer is having the van towed to somewhere else. One other thing that bothers me about this particular AAMCO shop. They have the AAMCO sign on the side of the building, which has holes in some of the building siding. I wonder if they care how their building and reputation looks.

• Sv
                      Sven O Nov 22, 2010

Transmission on 98 ford windstar went out in the black hills of south dakota 8/09 (About 90, 000 miles on it) had it fixed at the aamco in rapid city. Transmission was rebuilt at cost of about $2, 500. 15 months later (11/10) transmission goes out again in minneapolis. Needs to be rebuilt at a cost of $2, 700. Will not honor 12 month warranty.

Very suspicious that 3 months out of warranty transmission goes to hell again and needs to be rebuilt again. Any other negative experiences have people had?

Now they say they will give me a break and give me a 3 year, 50, 000 mile warranty on the tranny ($400 value). Gee, do you think they may have fixed it correctly after they get a total of $5, 000 out of me so they can offer this "deal" to me?

I think they just "took" me for $5, 000, the cost of a fairly decent car!

• Ba
                      Barbara Mit Nov 26, 2010

We brought the car there because it had a problem in the transmission. We paid in advance 3100 $ in order to fix the transmission cause they told us that that was the problem of the car, and that the car will run perfect after thier work. We trusted them, and paid. They gave us the car one month later, and the car wasn't fixed at all!!! was worst than before!! They told us that now, has another problem and asked us to paid 400 $ more, and we paid again...They gave the car one week later, all dirty inside with oil and with a broken mirrow!!! We are very upset! Worst service ever!!!

• Jm
                      jm0 Dec 19, 2010

My name is James Massey. My address is 82 Georgia King Village Newark, NJ. I can be reached at [protected]. I am writing to you because I took my car, a 2017 Toyota Sienna, to Amoco for a rebuilt transmission. They stalled around for nearly 8 weeks and charged me approximately $4, 600 and I still had to continue bringing my car to them, nearly a half dozen times, because of the faulty repair work, . Every time I brought it to them, they stalled around for long periods of time before repairing it. Currently my car is in their possession and they have had it for approximately three weeks. The supervisor's name is Sean.

• Ze
                      Zeromonkey9 Feb 07, 2011

I had/have an issue with my 06 Jeep Wrangler which is under an extended warranty. When in the jeep at a dead stop after putting it into first gear and starting to ***, it will pop out of first violently. This can not be reproduced. It just happens. It doesn't happen all the time. It just happens. It also pops out of reverse.

Per the warranty, I am to take my jeep to an AAMCO. I took my Jeep there Monday January 24, 2017 at approximately 10 am. They said they would get to it right away. Tick, tick, tick, time went by. I ended up calling them around 3:30p.m. because I had not heard anything from them. They said, "Oh, nothing is wrong with your transmission, it's your clutch." I found a T.S.B. pertaining to the issue and gave them that number. They continued to press the "bad clutch" issue. They did inspect the jeep. They opened the driver side door and saw the clutch pedal and said that since the pedal was "high" the issue I was having had to be because of that.

They did not touch the transmission at all. They kept insisting that I needed a new clutch at $800 which is not covered by the warranty. I kept persisting it was the transmission. They said after another call to them that their service guy drove it and they still felt like it was the clutch. I said, "No, it's the transmission." Ok they said. I went to pick up my jeep Monday evening as they were closing, evidently their service guy "drove" it again and it popped out on him. Now they think it might be the transmission.

Throughout the evening, I researched the problem more in depth. I took the jeep back in Tuesday morning. They had one car in front of me that they said they were finishing up and would get to mine shortly.

Tick, tick, tick. Wednesday came. I called around 10 am. They were taking the transmission apart as we spoke. I called back around 3pm, still taking it apart. At 5:05pm they called and said the 1 and 2 synchronizer, the 5, 6 and reverse synchronizer, the shift forks and seals, bushings, etc.. were all bad. I said, "Huh, I thought you said it was the clutch.

He said he had to get a parts list together to turn into the warranty people and would give me a call in the morning.

Thursday morning came. They called around 11am and said they will not do the work. The warranty will not pay enough for them to fix it. They will be putting the transmission back together.

I called the warranty, they said that this AAMCO is over charging everything and adding on too many additional hours that is not needed. The warranty place has found another AAMCO that is will to fix my transmission.

Called AAMCO back to see when I could pick up the jeep. He said, "I am lucky they are putting it back together for free and he doesn't know when it will be ready. It could be this afternoon, or tomorrow or Monday."

I want my jeep. I want to take it to the other AAMCO hoping that I will have better luck there. I will never go to an AAMCO after this is all over.

This guy was very rude, unprofessional and ignorant.

I wish I would have known.

• 24
                      247 Feb 08, 2011

Aamco north plainfield is a filthy disgusting center, brought my truck in and they removed my trans after I told them not to do the repair. they brought a man in on Sunday and removed my trans and broke the O2 sensor. They charged me $650.00 and put the parts in the back of my truck and I had it towed to another shop. Tom the owner was arrogant and rude and one of the worst businessmen I ever met. Aamco customer service refused to do anything and never returned my call/ I will contact BBB and legal counsel to retrieve the monies charged and form-the damage they did to my truck.

Humble Transmissions Aamco — transmission repair

Don't EVER go here! WARNING!!! We paid $2, 593.57.00 to have our transmission rebuilt, and told it would...

Aamcocaused my car to catch fire

I recently had my car reapired by Aamco and a few days later it catches on fire.

My car was overheating and Aamco said they could check it for free. I brought the car into them, the week before repairs were made, and they told me it was one of two things, my PCM Computer or a faulty wire to my relay. They then said to dtermine the issue it would cost me around $100 and then $80 and hour to fix.

I brought my car to them on a Wensday the prior week. They fixed the car and told me it was a wire and the relay. I also asked them to fix my cigarette lighter adapter so that I could use it (I do not smoke). After the repairs before I left the lot, my car was making an extremly loud buzzing noise as soon as I turned it on. They told me it was a problem with my automatic seatbelts and said they would disconnect the module and fuse that goes to them. The buzzing noise stopped and so I left the lot.

I drove my car less than five miles the next two days and did not drive durring the weekend or that monday. On tuesday after dropping my daugther off at school I decided to head to my sisters and my car began overheating. I called the shop they told me to bring it in. I told them I could not drive it because it need to cool down and I let it cool off at home.

Hours later, I headed to the shop on the way, it began smoking and caught fire. I pulled over and took my 9 month old son out of the carand put him and his car seat on the side of the road away from the car and my sister and her husband got out to examine the fire. I opened the middle console where it was burning and put water on the fire to put it out. It kept smoking. An Orange city officer stopped to help and said it was an electrical fire and to have it towed.

I called the shop and they told me they have nothing to do with it but I could bring it in for them to look at. I brought the car into them and they told me it was the "body control module" which caught fire and that the car was not worth fixing because it was $400 for the part and about $2500 + to rewire.He told me not to drive the car and also said they were not at fault because they did not touch that area of my car.

There is no BCM for my car - they lied to me.

I had the car towed and it turned out to be the PCM which caught fire and the relay, the two things they did in fact mess with.

I now have no car and no transportation. They are not accepting the mistake they made and will not give me my money even though my car was still overheating after their repairs and then caught fire.

I have a nine month old son who has a heart condition and needs to go to the cardilolgist in orlando in a week. I am at a loss for what to do.

Aamco — transmission

This is a very long story. It starts in St. Marys, GA where a very nice and competent man named Jack Allen at...

Aamcodishonesty and horrible service

They had terrible service. I was dealing with a rep name dan. He told me several lies.

1. That my I needed to pay $20 for gas. When I picked up my car is was still empty.

2. I needed a battery. I had the same battery in my car when I picked it up. Paid $99 for and additional $100 for labor.

3. I was told since I was getting a batter I would get additional cost off the price of the repairs. When I was paying I mentioned the discount and he said he gave me a web discount but we never talked about it.

4. I was told if anything goes wrong bring the car back.

5. After I picked up my car it failed emission twice. They said it had nothing to do with them.

6. My check engine light came on and he Dan asked me what code and told me to take it some where else to get checked and if its transmission codes bring it back. I reminded him that he told me to bring the car back if it had problems and he said not to bring it that day they were to busy bring it in the morning.

7. I mentioned to him some red fluid was dripping and Dan got smart and said he told me if it starts dripping it was my responsibility to bring the car back. I told him that’s why I was calling and he said then bring it right now.

The server before I dropped my car off was alright. After they had my car at the location they treated me horrible and super rude. I am out of 2500 and now my car is still broken and they are saying it might be something else. I asked them to do a thorough inspection prior to fixing it to make sure what was wrong. They indicated it was the transmission. Now the car is having problem with the check engine light and the oil light are coming on. I am totally dissatisfied with the service. I could have had the transmission done for $1000 less from a foreign shop that was two doors down but I decided to go American thinking I would get better service. But this American company treated me like garbage. I’m out of money and out of a car.

Andres Massa III Jun 08, 2010

WOW! I was afraid to take my 2001 Nissan Quest(original owner) to the Nissa dealer for afriad that it would cost me an arm, leg, and another arm. The A/C was blowing cool air, not hot air as it is doing now, but cool air. It (A/C) was not blowing cold air.
                          So in April, I took the Quest to AAMCO at 60th & Northern Blvd in Queens.

So far, I am armless, on one leg, my wife lost one arm and now I am close to loosing one of my children to pay for a radiator at AAMCO.

First "IAN" had me pay for a Compressor, an A/C Drier. freeon, and other items, (I lost count)they refuse to give me work orders on paper! .. Well, my A/C is still O.O.S! I initially took my car to AAMCO in APRIL! My Car stayed at AAAMCO so may days I almost forgot I had a Car!

Today, June 8th, IAN calls and tells me that I need a new Radiator. So far I have spend $2000.00 Plus, and my A/C is still not working! I politely advised Ian via phone to please fix my car or give reinburst my expenses. He insisted that I pay for the Radiator and all will be well. I advised him to call me when my car is ready and I hung up not wanting to have a nervous breakdown!...I feel like I am in a horror show and AAMCO is torturing me. My Heart goes out to all the good consumers who are with a genuine need, arrives at AAMCO and are psychological assulted and raped! Yeah I want mycar fixed, or my money back. Right now I need data on Suing AAMCO, I just know that they will not adhere to the letter of the Law and subsequently, they would have robbed me! The plug needs to be pulled on AAMCO! I will not stop my plight with AAMCO untill further more! I am Stunned!