Menu
Zone Fitness
reviews & complaints

Zone Fitness
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

158 complaints
3 resolved 155 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Zone Fitness. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
M
4:19 am EDT

Zone Fitness - Canceling my contract

Please stop the debit order. My contract was for 2 years and it is more. You send the msg saying it was going to be over by August. But you are continuing the contract without my consent and going against the contract I signed. So please please stop stop stop the debit order. I do not wish to continue coming. I even stop coming since 2019 but I let the debit order go through. So please stop I don not intend to continue the Contract so please please stop. You guys are giving me a bad record

G
1:09 pm EDT

Zone Fitness - Aircon in the studio

Is there anything they can do in the studio at zone fitness westgate mall. The heat in there becomes so unbearable. The fans is so high up, it doesnt help at all. If they can maybe get some floor fans, that wud really help alot. And also we have been requesting for the Saturdays beginners step class to be brought back, but to no avail. So if u could pls look into that, it wud be appreciated.

10:16 pm EDT

Zone Fitness - Gym contract cancellations and lawyers

I signed up a 24 months cobtract with zone fitness, pretorius street December 2018 to December 2020 thats 24 months..in june 2020 i requested cancellation by email stating that they should cancel my contract at the end of the contract term which to my knowledge its End december 2020, i did not say immediately or with immediate effect in the email ..they responded about covid 19 free access and they did not explain that because of covid they will be extending the contract after expiry by a month or two..they did not cancel it..they instead said i must pay R281.00 for cancellation.For what i don't know, until i was harrassed by phone calls from lawyers and that there is court order, they will garnish my account for R600_+. I am not happy, i am so disappointed. I don't know if my email was misread or its a way of putting clients into depts. When i requested cancellation i specifically said end of december 2020 which to my knowledge was end of my contract.. thus responses from her i have never received at that time that's why there is no response from me..only in january when i reversed payment then they cook up things...why would she ask me again if i want to cancel at the end of the contract when i requested so?why must they extend my contract by 3 months without them notifying me? without my consent? Did i cause covid? Did i ask for them to do the suspension on my behalf?Now putting my credit reputation in the negative. Attached find trailing emails..and her responses

Desired outcome: Stop and cancel legal action of garnishing me and this debt they createdted self

View 0 more photos
E
8:46 am EDT

Zone Fitness - Gym contract

I am so unhappy with zone fitness, as they now have put me further into debt. I opened a contract in Nov/Dec 2020 for myself and my son at the Capricorn Square branch in Muizenberg Cape Town..

I ran into unforeseen financial difficulties and was in arrears for a few months. I was informed this month that I have been handed over and I am liable for the full amount of the 36 months which accumulates to R12000. How can it be that I am a few months in arrears (not even 10months) and now I have to pay the full amount of the contract. This is really unfair, I am a single mom and and something I can't understand. I can't afford to pay this amount. How am I expected to pay this back. It is making me sick to think that I am deeper in debt now. Zone fitness staff just do not understand and just release us from our contract. COVID and clients might also feel not safe to attend the gym.

Desired outcome: ASAP

2:20 am EDT

Zone Fitness - Wrong details on application form

One of their agents signed my husband up as a member but wrote his name with my ID number. Him as banking account holder with my banking account details How did this pass through whoever captures these deals. Clearly you will see when you enter my ID number it says Female. Please I want to take this further as I work as Admin at a well known company and if I should captured details like that incorrectly I surely will be fired and they'll accuse me of FRAUD.

Desired outcome: I would like to be compensated please

8:58 am EDT

Zone Fitness - Gym Membership And Unfair Outstanding Amount On Account

Hi there,

I trust you all are well.

I have a dispute on a matter that should have been resolved years ago when I left the City of Joburg. After attending the Zone Fitness Gym at Southdale Mall, Joburg while I was on a 12-month internship just up the road at a shopfitting company in Robertsham, I had to leave since my internship program ceased with no permanent employment to even continue residing in Joburg.

Since realising afterwards I was misinformed about the minimum term contract offered, apparently 2 years, I am contesting the 1 year that I didnt attend due to relocating forcefully. My contract was the period: [protected]. My Internship was the period: 1 Mar 2017-28 Feb 2018. The sales agent who actually found my details from a prior cancelled attempt at signing, assured me to not worry about the terms and never walked the cancellation part with me since I was open about me leaving at the end of one year.

To my surprise, I get a call this week about Zone Fitness. It's now been 3 years since I left Joburg and now I have to deal with this unethical attempt at extorting money from me for a 1 year period that clearly was impossible for me to use at their gym in Southdale. How can this be lawful?

Its tough as it is getting employment, and currently I am employed at a decent post only the 2nd time since interning in Joburg.

Now, with a good credit score and no judgements, I am faced with this from Zone Fitness Accounts. Surely, this can't be permitted. If so, I am forced with obliging.

Has nobody sued this company yet?

Desired outcome: An email with an attachment detailing what I am liable for. Also, I want them be mindful of what they are asking for considering my situation with them.

B
9:21 am EDT

Zone Fitness - Bad service

My name is Bennett Saayman
[protected]
I have been a member since 2019 at Willowbridge Zone Fitness Gym. Due to medical reasons I canceled my membership at their advise. The consultant who dealt with my query was Heinrich from accounts at Willowbridge. I was informed to pay the outstanding amount due which R400 as my account must be zero. I paid it, and was promised a paid up letter. The ordeal transpired in 2020.I received a paid letter in 2021. I submitted to the collecting company. They said the letter is not a legitimate letter as no manager signed it.Still waiting on a paid up letter.

Desired outcome: Fully paid up letter

I
5:00 am EDT

Zone Fitness - Cancelation of contract

On the 31/05/21, I signed a 24 month contract with zone fitness capricorn then transferred to wynberg . I paid the monthly fees with my student bursery. Iam currently not studying anymore due to covid I am unemployed and cannot afford to pay the remaining months. So I went in to cancel my contract so a lady at wynberg zone fitness gave me a price of R1037. 00 and she wanted me to pay upfront in 2 days. When I calculated the amount myself it came out to R407. 00 for the 10% of my remaining months. She tried to over charge me double and when I questioned her she rude spoke loudly with attitude. She has no customer ethics. I am utterly disgusted with the service and treatment I received when I tried to end my contract. Which everybody knows we in the middle of a pandemic so where's the empathy?I am deeply disappointed with the way she spoke to me when I said I can't afford to pay it. Zone fitness won't see me again!

2 comments
N
Sep 13, 2021 7:15 am EDT

Same thing. I tried to cancel my account multiple times and now I receive calls from some legal representative. What's weird is how they say my account was activated in 2020 but I signed the contract in 2019.
I have never set foot in any of their facilities but they still continued to charge me.
If you are a student DO NOT sign up for this gym, they especially exploit us

T

I had pretty much the same experience. They always try to overcharge for cancellations. They’re calculations make zero sense. I’m trying to cancel my membership that I started in 2019 and they’re telling me I can’t cancel right now and I have to pay the debit order for September. First of all I’m a student and I cannot afford to keep paying this membership. Secondly I hate that when you sign up they’re there for you and make it seem like you can cancel at any point when in truth you can’t. And lastly the process of canceling shouldn’t be this hard when signing up is so easy, they come under false pretenses and when you wanna leave they give you all these problems. I’m honestly fed up with Zone Fitness and will never go back there ever again.

C
12:03 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

So I received an email from lawyers recently. I was handed over to lawyers from zone fitness. The problem I have is that it's been a year almost and I only find out now that my account is in arrears. If the lawyers didn't email me I would've never known. PLEASE NOTE: that the same information Zone fitness had of getting in contact with me (phone number and...

Y
2:43 pm EDT

Zone Fitness - Zonefitness Philippi branch

I don't know how many times do we have to complain about the bad experience in that branch. It is clearly showing that Zonefitness doesn't care about us and the only thing they worry about is if u skip a payment.

Simple clear that as long as we are black we will die suffering.

The pain of taking shower with cold water after gym and one is even feeling sorry but UYABHATALA💔

E
4:25 am EDT

Zone Fitness - Gym service

I have joined the gym because they were running a special for student and then the pandemic happened. I explained my situation that I would not be able to pay for gym fees because I am still unemployed and a student. They kept calling and increasing the cancellation fees, keep in mind that the gym was not open at that moment. Now I want to cancel my gym fees and they have been double charging me. I emailed them asking about the fees increase and why are they charging me for a service I am not using, the person said " I should pay the fees". The management and CEO of this company is dragging the company down, before they know it no one would want to use the gym.

K
7:44 am EDT

Zone Fitness - Zone Fitness

I have cancelled my contract in November 2020, given the 20 working days notice, the contract will terminate on the 10th December 2020. Zone fitness refuses to cancel my contract until the outstanding membership fees are paid, but they will not provide the amount, despite requests. The will not stop the debit order on my bank account, resulting in bank fees to me when the debit is returned.
Their action goes against the Consumer Protection Act, I can not find any email address for Management, and I am getting no assistance from the accounts lady I am liaising with.
I want my credit history corrected, I want the contract cancelled, the debit order cancelled and a paid up letter from Zone Fitness.
I can be contacted on [protected]@era.co.za.

Desired outcome: Contract cancelled & Credit score corrected

S
8:21 am EDT

Zone Fitness - Breach of contract and blatant lies and Deceit

Correct information as to procedures for cancellation and freezing also main member not receiving any correspondence whether its sms pgone calls or emails, instead members who jave signed up on the main members account receives, so i ask the question, is that when main member calls in she met with abrupt and rude employees at Zone fitness, Muizenberg branch in particular. We have tried to cancel but because we a family of 5 on one members contract NOT INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTS, we are told to pay an amount of over R6000 to have it cancelled. Now heres the thing, we in a period of pandemic, surely Zone fitness should allow cancellations at no cost as people cant guarantee that their jobs are safe especially in our case. The main member has been paying for all 5 as 3 of the members on the account is unemployed.

Now how are we to pay a membership if no one is working as they lost their jobs. It is not like Zone fitness is losing here... instead they are creating more problems for those people who has lost their jobs as they are being blacklisted by Zone Fitness in particular.

1 comment
N
Jul 27, 2021 3:07 am EDT

Going through the same problem Im basically being harrassed by some what lawyers actually threatened to lay gym fees and I don't work aswell as husband and weve got 2 kids to care for they have no mercy especially during this trying times sies for zone fitness !

P
5:21 pm EDT

Zone Fitness - Monthly fee

I have been getting messages that I have not made payment for my membership ' NON-PAYMENT COULD LEAD TO ADVERSE CREDIT RATING, PAY YOUR GYM ACCOUNT OR MAIL SHARON URGENT [protected]@zonefitness.co.za' and thought it was a glitch on your system because I have made my payment exactly month end. Indeed when I went to the Parow branch I could not get in because apparently I'm in arrears. I have been paying my fee every month since I started so I don't understand the arrears you refer to. Please get this sorted out so I can go back to gym. Thank you

Desired outcome: Please update my membership so I can go back to gym

L
3:37 am EDT

Zone Fitness - Bad services, bad attitude and treating people not fairly. favouritism

l'm currently having issues with zone fitness Pretoria Central they termineted my contract due to false allegation.
The the issue was that l was training with the group of people where as we enjoy working out together. Only to work up last week on Thursday . And they accuse me of being personal training where as we where gym as a group.
So the Manager decide to terminate my contract and leave the rest of people that l was training with which is not fair. My rights have been twisted here.
So please if anyone can help by contacting the head office of zone fitness bcz l have been trying to get their contact and l can't get them anywhere.
Here is my email : [protected]@gmail.com

K
8:32 am EDT

Zone Fitness - Customer Service / Contract

Cancellation would have been sent to you immediately after last debit order was deducted, however after enquiries regarding the date my contract ends, I was not informed of any cancellation email that must be sent. I merely just called and visited your Parow branch to enquire about the end period of the contract and I feel that on this enquiry, your staff should have re-iterated the fact that an email / or written cancellation must be sent should I wish to not continue.

Your staff also has a major attitude and questions my integrity and the legitimacy of my enquiry about the end of my contact which I did not appreciate. I did not specifically ask who I approached at your zone parow desk or who I was speaking to when I called to enquire about the end of my contract. It was a general enquiry and did not foresee that I would have had this issue. I feel it was the responsibility of your staff to have mentioned the process when contracts end to me.

Desired outcome: I would like someone to call me other than the Branch Manager of ZoneFitness Parow

A
6:18 pm EDT

Zone Fitness - Intimadation , defamation and harrasment

This evening which is Wednesday 05/05/2021 I was ill treated at the facility mentioned below by a staff member and as such would like to be assisted in the matter alternatively I will be more than willing to take it to the highest authorities and get a signed partition from the numerous members about an ill mannered uncouth employee as gross misconduct and should be handled with such severity.

Desired outcome: Disciplinary hearing , formal course on etiquette coaching for servicing clients and a formal apology for misconduct as well as assurance it won't ever happen again to any avid member of the club

J
12:36 pm EDT

Zone Fitness - Cancelation

I cancelled my zone fitness account recently after having a bad encounter by them, however they still doing there monthly dedcutions, an still sending me messaging saying I'm in arrears. They deducting there montly payments by me but I cannot go into the gym. What [censored] is that!

Zone fitness - Parow don't bother joining.
They will tell you everything to get you to join, once you join they change everything an said that they told you about it, when it was never discussed wit you.

C
1:19 pm EDT

Zone Fitness - Cancelation

I signed a contract with one of the consultants at the zone fitness Bruma whilst they were running a R185 pm special for a period of 24 months. After a couple of months they started debiting R440. I then reversed it and called the consultant who told me it would be fixed. Instead a few days later they debited R440 again. I called and told them I no longer want the contract because they not honoring their commitment and I'm incurring bank charges. I was told it would be escalated but no feedback was given. A year later I was called by a collector and advised them of the situation and sent numerous emails requesting that they send me my contact and billing file. 3years later, To date I have received nothing

Desired outcome: Cancel my contract and account or proof you honored the contract I signed by sending me my contr and billing file

Z
10:16 am EDT

Zone Fitness - Account closure

I signed a contract with ZoneFitness in October 2018 for 2 years. Never used them though because my life was too busy, agent that signed me up said it's only 2 years and after it will cancel. Accepted it and paid 2years. Then come November 2020 and they debit and I accept it, December 2020 and you're still debiting so I cancel the debit order because I didn't have a physical contract saying I should cancel it because I signed for 2 years. Now I call and dispute this and finance team tells me I have no choice I should've known and stuff and how is that fair? I never used Zone Fitness to begin with now I'm liable to pay over 3k because I wasn't told to cancel? And on top of that you tell me that I need to cancel with a physical letter and all that nonsense?
I don't want the contract - I never did - I paid the 2 years because I accepted I signed for it, but this extra charges is not on and I want it scraped and my account closed asap

Desired outcome: Contract cancelation and no extra fees

Zone Fitness contacts