Menu
Zone Fitness Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Zone Fitness
reviews & complaints

zonefitness.co.za

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.0 204 Reviews

Zone Fitness Complaints Summary

3 Resolved
201 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Zone Fitness with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Zone Fitness has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Zone Fitness. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Zone Fitness reviews & complaints 204

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Zone Fitness reviews & complaints

M
2:58 pm EST

Zone Fitness Debit order

On 11th of December I paid my membership using my bank app because I was due to illness,made a mistake ref put my name instead of card number,I asked the staff at the reception to please resolve the matter for they agreed but they didn't,then the gym on 22nd of December deducted again money ,went and report the situation,the answer I got is they could see the gym need to refund,but I can leave that money I will paying 2 months ahead,I was okay with the arrangement,they took 250 January, reported the matter again, without getting any solution,now on the 15th dedicated 280 like why ,but you guys need to refund me but still you deducting money from me ,so I decided to cancel my contract of which it was ending on the 2nd of March,now they want me to pay a cancellation fee ,I don't understand for because I'm cancelling the contract because they robbing my money,not happy with the company at all

Claimed loss: R660 that the gym need to pay me but they refused

Desired outcome: I would like to receive my full refund

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Zone Fitness representatives only. If you are affiliated with Zone Fitness, please claim your business to access these details.

M
2:31 am EST

Zone Fitness Refusal to link my card with my photo

I initially started with zonefitness at sancardia in Pretoria years ago but then relocate to the one at Pretoria CBD at tramshed building due to work so yesterday when I was scanning my card and asking if they could link my photo with my card for safety reasons and I was told I should go to zonefitness which is at sancardia for that as my information is there even though I have relocated to pretoria CBD.

I felt so sad and very unvalued by the service I got yesterday and the reasons that they gave me did not make sense at all and it will be such and inconvienece and it is a bit far for me to go to sarcadia whereas Pretoria CBD is there and worse part is one company.

My name is Ms Patience Tsoka [protected] my gym card is [protected].

Desired outcome: Link my photo with my card at tramshed building and also transfer my information from sancardia building to tramshed building

2:27 pm EST

Zone Fitness Use of lockers

Me and my girlfriend signed up on the 1st of December. Today the 4th of December was her first time at the gym. After doing her workouts in the gym, when she gets to her locker after locking it she sees her locker is open and her money and EarPods went missing. This is unacceptable. To think about it we get 2 hours free parking downstairs, then what’s gone my car next?

Claimed loss: A whole R450 is now down the drain because of thief’s? Untrained staff members?

Desired outcome: As a customer who’s desired on working out, I can’t be unhappy because of lousy people. If there can’t be a solution on your side, rather compensate me and I don’t pay for a month

Is Zone Fitness legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board rates Zone Fitness highly, signaling it as a legitimate option for users seeking reliable services. Despite this endorsement, the 1% resolution rate for complaints about Zone Fitness raises questions. Diligently reviewing Zone Fitness's client feedback and resolution practices is recommended for those considering Zone Fitness's services, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of its legitimacy and commitment to customer satisfaction.

Zone Fitness earns 88% level of Trustworthiness

Excellent Trust Notice: Zone Fitness near-perfect at 88% trust. Use with confidence, maintaining usual caution.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Zone Fitness. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 2 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Zonefitness.co.za has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Zone Fitness website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Zonefitness.co.za has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Zone Fitness's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. The support team lacks customer service skills, training, and resources, resulting in only 1% of 0 complaints being resolved.
  • Zonefitness.co.za has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The zonefitness.co.za may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
V
12:01 pm EST

Zone Fitness Silver sneakers program

We feel that you offer a program without taking in consideration the demand for space. Ocala has a lot of seniors. The problem with the space situation is being going on for more than a year. Your ocala west location was expanded and the situation is still the same. The program for signing up a day before is not working because by the time you do it, they put you in a waiting list. I had to give up my space a few times to give an opportunity to other seniors. We need a bigger room with more chairs to accommodate the growing number of Seniors in Ocala.

Desired outcome: Bigger room with more chairs

F
1:00 pm EST

Zone Fitness Zone fitness tokai levies

Today my gym membership went off for 2 member contract and an extra R198 levies. The consultant did not tell me about levies. Since when in my 40 years dod I ever pay gym levies. The consultant never told me about it just to initial every page. I asked him about it and he said he tells clients every thing. I am not that old or senile about money going off my account. He told me to look at my blue paper contract and it said R198 levies June and Dec? I am disgusted.

I regret signing up with sneaky behavior from consultants. This is my 3rd contract with zone and have never paid it.

Desired outcome: Is there anyway this can be canceled?

P
3:37 am EST

Zone Fitness - Cancellation

In January 2020 I opened a Zone Fitness account. Unlucky for me end of March 2020 the Covid pandemic changed everything. Zone Fitness debited my account because they said they could not cancel debit orders for the month. I contacted Zone Fitness and after multiple attempts I had the pleasure of the assistance of Ms Hajiera Gyer. I expressed to her...

8:24 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zone Fitness My name is Jamie Coerecuis I'm complaining about one of your sales consultants.

I sent email to various people I phoned managers to tell them about this guy that took my details and I told him that he must come the next day to me and I will give him the go a head and pay the r50 card fee he never came to me so he didn't keep by his word so I decided that I didn't want to go further with it anymore but without my consent he still put my papers through without me knowing it and then I saw a debit order I phoned manager and they told me that they would sort it out and get it cancelled so today I received a call people telling me I owe zone fitness more than a R5000 which is impossible because I do not have a card nor did I give him the right to go head with the procedure I find this very unprofessional as I'm also a sales consultant I would love someone to resolve this matter immediately.

Claimed loss: I've never had a loss but it's going to become a loss if I have to pay that amount because of people not knowing how to do their job properly.

Desired outcome: Everything should just be cancelled because it seems as if the managers never did their job to sort me out or take the matter seriously

C
8:53 am EST

Zone Fitness - Staff and hygiene

I was DISGUSTED! The reception ladies have a big attitude - they give you dirty looks the entire time you are there and are very short with you. I had an appointment and when I arrived the instructor did not know he had an appointment. He was unaware of the injury I had discussed with the staff the day before (The man who helped me the day before was also...

L
4:03 pm EDT

Zone Fitness Theft at Zone Fitness SA

I am very alarmed about the number of cases of theft taking place at Zone Fitness.

The first incident was at Zone Fitness Cape Quarter, Green point on 16th October 2023..Two members (ladies) laptops were stolen out of their lockers. The locks were picked. Apparently it happened while the members were in a class from 5:30pm to 6:30pm..When we returned to the change room the door was closed, which was odd because the door is always open. The door stopper (dumbell) was removed..

This evening at Tokai branch. Same scenario- Two ladies laptops were stolen out of the lockers. Again locks were picked..The one ladies laptop, cellphone and wallet was stolen..Also happened while members were in an evening class.

This is the first time it happened at Tokai..But in the other cases..apparently it's nothing new. Happened many times..

There are no cameras at any gyms. If not, then have securities in the gym checking changing rooms during class times please. Something must be done.

A
2:01 pm EDT

Zone Fitness Employees letting members clean the floors

So as i walk pass my friends elbow hits my bottle by accident and it falls and breaks and we go and inform the nearest employee of the accident and they force him to clean the water with 3 paper towels which clearly was not enough to dry the water and couldnt even provide him with a mop nor does the gym have anyone cleaning , also they made fun of him and questioned him and made him feel dumb and embarrassed him during the peak hours of gym this all happened between the hours of 7 and 8

Desired outcome: A formal apology and warning to the employees that destroyed my friends confidence

S
6:17 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Zone Fitness - I am complaining about services and charges at zone fitness campus square

On May, I decided that I wanted to join a gym around my institution since I am a student then as I was walking around Campus Square, a guy from zone fitness told me about their gym and their student promotion during May. By that I was interested since I was also looking for a gym. After that I was told to pay R100 joining fee then I'll pay R250 in the...

B
1:55 pm EDT

Zone Fitness Cape quarter

The locker was broken into while it had a lock. My works laptop was stolen. When we told the staff we were told that no cameras. If this has been happening then why are no cameras, why are people not told before hand that even whwn you have a lock you can still lose your valuables. I would never recommend this gym to anyone. I woah they could lose all the members so they can open their eyes.

N
4:00 am EDT

Zone Fitness - Unresolved query and lack of response

Good day, me and my wife joined the phillipi branch at the beginning of this year, hoping to change our physical and health lives. The first premium was deducted end March 2023, which was not as per my request of the 15th of every month and the amount was more than what I signed for. So, I went to the branch in April 2023 to get a resolution with a copy of...

W
9:49 am EDT

Zone Fitness - Cancelation issues and being deceived

Good day, I signed up at Zone Fitness on 26 April 2023. I was offered a month free at a discounted rate of R225 pm on a 24 month basis at the Tokai branch. The individual who signed me up was Yusuf, he said that the normal rate was R1 000 p.m when the website had clearly stated it was R299 p.m. I told him this yet he ignored the fact that I called him...

View 0 more photos
6:49 am EDT

Zone Fitness Double debit

I've been double debited I reversed the payment and then it went off twice again reversed and block the payment tried to contact Zone Fitness Lenasia the accounts lady was of no help at all. Unable to use my membership since December because they refuse to answer my emails. And I refuse to pay the back payments because this is not my fault it could have been resolved in Decemeber if they assisted me when I requested. And I will not pay for something I was not allowed to use

Desired outcome: To use my membership again

L
9:43 am EDT

Zone Fitness Cannot cancel my contract

I sent a cancellation request via the website in Oct 2022 for our 2 gym contracts. An agent responded, requested my ID, then told me I had 18 months remaining. I left it there. Then attempted again to cancel on 1st Aug 2023, I sent a mail to the same person that responded to me, she responded with this:

Hi L***

L****** ZFK1248049 - arrears are R255 and 7 months left.

E****** ZFK1239919 - ARREARS R255 - 6 MONTHS LEFT.

We opened our contracts a week apart!

I requested to be assisted by someone else as I am trying to cancel and did not request how long my contract is. She responded with the below on 4 Aug:

Please see cancellation settlement valid until 20/08/2023.

Debit Order

Additional Discount: R1,125.00

Cancellation Fee: R810.00

Arrears: R510.00

Final Due R1,320.00

The remainder of my contract is 6 months, which amounts to R1350, so how is the above correct? There are 3 cancellation fees! According to the CPA I am allowed to cancel my contract with a small fee, this is basically the whole remaining contract.

On the 7th Aug, I responded and asked her if this is for both memberships or only one, she has still not responded. I have also sent a follow up email, with no response.

Please, could someone who knows what is going on assist me to cancel these two contracts?

Desired outcome: I want the settlement figure for both contracts in accordance with the CPA, thank you

G
4:21 am EDT

Zone Fitness Cancellation of contracts

I was in the Milnerton branch to file a cancellation I spoke with Reece who had confirmed my contract can be cancelled with immediate effect with no waiting period or cnacellation fees.

This was escelated to Jodi who sent it to Michelle who sent it to Heinrich and as you can see gotten quite the run around.

Alll I want is for these contracts to be cancelled.

Please see all correspondence attached and advise on the steps to follow as I am certainly not happy that I need to be forced to pay for this service I was told could be cancelled at any time.

On Tue, Jul 25, 2023 at 10:22 AM Gerhard Simpson wrote:

Hi Jody,

Thanks for taking my call earlier today.

As discussed I completed forms on the 12th of July 2023 at Milnerton Zone Fitness I spoke with Reece who assisted me.

I asked if we could cancel the 2 contracts for my wife's and son's card numbers below.

[protected]

[protected]

To which Reece confirmed I can go ahead and cancel immediately.

I again asked Reece if he was sure we can and he said he would double check and again confirmed that both Lindsay and Tristan no longer had any months left and could be cancelled immediately with no penalties attached as the period has ended and we could cancel at any time.

I request that based on the discussion had with Reece that this will be upheld and the contracts both be cancelled without penalty as discussed.

Looking forward to your response in this regard.

Desired outcome: cancel the 2 contracts so we can move on as I am certainly now more unhappy than I was at the time of requesting the cancellation.

A
2:01 am EDT

Zone Fitness Water temperature

I'm a member of Zone Fitness is Westgate Mall Mitchell's Plain , for the past 3 weeks the temperature of the showers is cold 🥶 not even Luke warm but cold , I told them at the front desk twice already and both times they they me it's because of loadshedding, I even tried going before loadshedding it's still cold and I understand that loadshedding causes many problems but surely as a business we should go the extra mile ,I mean Virgin Active also has loadshedding but they have hot water all the time ...its very sad I'm actually so disserpointed because I actually find Zone to be I good gym but 3 weeks no hot water and the staff doesn't even seem phased.

Desired outcome: Fix the problem

Z
1:36 am EDT

Zone Fitness Gym membership

The guys in the mall which convincingly sell you gym memberships not knowing what problems you will run into later. I gymmed for 2 months after picking up a hand injury which eventually lead to surgery, they still made me pay. Months later they decided I only had to pay r82,50 this even after I relocated back to johannesburg and have no form of access to the gym. Even providing them with doctors letters still didn't manage to get back properly and support me knowing I would not at all be able to gym there anymore - injury of 1year recovery and relocation

My point is don't be quick enough to convince people how good your gym is when you know you wont have humanity for them.

Thus I have decided to stop my debit order and if there is any problem or failure to look at it from my side its not a problem

Nothing can possibly change my view that this gym just is there to make money and no standing clients in needs by.

Desired outcome: I'm already much disappointed in how you guys handled this don't expect any funds from me when I needed assistance on everything

View 0 more photos
K
4:03 am EDT

Zone Fitness Membership Transfer

I had transfered my membership over to a family member back in May. I was told that the first payment would go off my account - as we did the transfer mid month - and the second and following payments were to go off on the new members account. The first payment went off as expected but when the second payment went off I stopped the debit order thinking that it was an error. Fast forward two month later, I received a legal action notification as a result of not paying the account? So I went into the Lenasia club where my profile was based, I was told that the procedure involving the membership transfer was not carried out properly. Now in order to clear my name, I have to pay the arrears as well as the cancelation fee for an account that was, according to me knowledge, transferred over. I don't find this fair as I never received any communication to say that the was an issue with the processing of the membership transfer. I don't feel responsible for this mishap and I think that Zone Fitness should take responsibility for their under-trained staff.

Desired outcome: I would like a better option in terms of payment and I am expecting to be met halfway at least. Nothing less

Zone Fitness In-depth Review

Location and Facilities:

Zone Fitness is conveniently located with easy accessibility. The facility is spacious and well-designed, providing ample room for workouts. Additionally, there is plenty of parking available and a range of amenities to enhance the fitness experience.

Membership Options:

Zone Fitness offers a variety of membership packages to cater to different needs. The pricing is competitive, and there are flexible payment options available. The gym also provides flexibility in terms of contract length and cancellation policies, ensuring convenience for members.

Equipment and Facilities:

The gym boasts a wide range of exercise equipment, ensuring variety and catering to different fitness goals. The equipment is well-maintained and in excellent condition. Additionally, Zone Fitness provides specialized equipment for specific fitness goals, enhancing the overall workout experience.

Group Classes and Personal Training:

Zone Fitness offers a diverse range of group fitness classes, providing options for all fitness levels and interests. The instructors are highly qualified and experienced, ensuring quality instruction. Personal training sessions are also available, although the cost may vary.

Cleanliness and Hygiene:

The facility is kept clean and well-maintained. Showers and changing rooms are available and maintained to a high standard of cleanliness. Equipment sanitization and maintenance are regularly conducted, ensuring a hygienic environment for members.

Customer Service:

The staff at Zone Fitness are friendly and helpful, providing excellent customer service. They are responsive to inquiries and concerns, ensuring that members' needs are met. The check-in and membership management processes are efficient, making the overall experience seamless.

Atmosphere and Ambiance:

The gym has a positive and energetic vibe, creating a motivating atmosphere for workouts. The music selection and volume are appropriate, enhancing the workout experience. Natural light and ventilation are also available, contributing to a pleasant ambiance.

Additional Amenities:

Zone Fitness offers additional amenities such as saunas, steam rooms, and swimming pools, providing options for relaxation and recovery. Lockers and storage options are easily accessible, ensuring convenience for members. On-site retail or nutrition services are also available, catering to various needs.

Crowd and Peak Hours:

The busiest times at Zone Fitness are typically during peak hours, which may vary throughout the day and week. However, the gym ensures that there is sufficient equipment available even during these busy periods. While group classes and common areas may experience some crowding, it does not significantly impact the overall experience.

Overall Experience:

Zone Fitness provides a satisfying experience, helping individuals achieve their fitness goals. The membership benefits offer value for money, with a range of facilities and services available. Overall, Zone Fitness leaves a positive impression and comes highly recommended for those seeking a quality fitness facility.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Zone Fitness contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Zone Fitness?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Zone Fitness Customer Service. Initial Zone Fitness complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Zone Fitness above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Zone Fitness. Discuss the issues you have had with Zone Fitness and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.