Menu

R
Author of the complaint
10:07 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been signed up for a zips membership that I did not agree to. I went through the car wash back in December. When I was about to put my car in the machine a guy came up and said he would upgrade my car wash from, I think 15 price, die a promotion you were running and it would just just cost $10. Of course there are 5 cars behind me so there is no time to ask why I would get a $5 discount for no reason, and of course I would like my $15 car wash to be only $10. Now I look at my bank statements and see several $40 charges. There may be people who can afford that, but I am not one of them. I obviously did not realize I had been swindled by a person who misrepresented the discount or I would have addressed it before now. I went to the car wash and talked to someone about the charges, this is the first time I got a car wash since December because I cannot afford it, and he was not able to help, saying I could only get help through the website. I then went to the website and was unable to submit a ticket. This is ridiculous and obviously meant to prevent people from being able to resolve their issues. How do people who do not know how to use the internet, who are more likely to be swindled, get any help! I am furious that a business was so openly dishonest and then so unavailable for help is aloud to be in business. Zips owes me $120 dollars and probably a lot of people a lot more than that. I am 100 percent positive I was not presented with a membership, nor was the word membership ever told to me. In addition, I see the payments taken out if my account are not even monthly, but charged three times from 3/16/22 through 4/18/22. I had about 7 seconds to agree to what sounded like a discount for the holidays.

More Zips Car Wash complaints & reviews

Zips Car Wash - Scam and cheating
Zips Car Wash - Damage to personal vehicle
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Zips Car Wash - I was screamed at by your employee
Zips Car Wash - Car wash
Replied
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
1 comments
F
May 11, 2022 4:40 pm EDT

Dude, pretty much the same thing here. In CLT NC, Wilkinson Drive location, went thru the first time, guy says "I can upgrade that for you for a full month for 15 dollars"...sure, wtf, why not. So the month passes, no issues, it renews the first time at 10 dollars. Everything is still fine, however their car wash did break down a few times that month, still I'm saving some cash. I go thru again, this time w/my girlfriend behind me and pay for her membership as well. This month, I get hit with TWO 40 dollar charges from this place! I call my bank, WF, have the funds reversed ...I'm done w/this place, even more so from reading your story, I don't doubt youre being honest with what I went thru. Anyone considering going with this scam of a car wash, I'd keep tabs on your monthly bank statement!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

161 complaints