Menu
Zips Car Wash company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

205 complaints
42 resolved 163 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Zips Car Wash customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Zips Car Wash. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
A
5:21 pm EST

Zips Car Wash - car wash lake worth fl

on feb22,2022 i was having my car washed as usual,normally they will take the pressure nozzle and presoak it before it goe,s through the wash.the person there would not do this and i went through the cleaning cycle.after i was getting ready to dry my vehicle i asked him why did you not presoak the vehicle,at which time he said i did not say please.are you kidding me?,i have to now fall on my knees to have a service done in which i am paying for.i don,t know this persons name,but he was black and i had this washed about 4.15 pm approx,give or take 10-15 mins.the people you have been hiring are very combative sometimes&needs to brought to your attention,so you can outline to them what their job is.anyone who knows me at this location&the one in boynton beach knows i always show respect to everyone.

Desired outcome: speak to this employee about his job description&tell him i or anyone else doe,s not have to bow down to him or anyone else to receive the service we pay for.membership#[protected] sincerly allan s lee

K
3:35 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have a membership at zip in Warrensburg mo. I was a member of the previous carwash prior to zip purchasing it. It was always clean and trash picked up. Now everytime I come the parking lot has trash all over and usually several trash cans full or over flowing. 2/21/22 and 2/22/22 are the most recent dates

10:33 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have a zips car wash unlimited pass. I live in Knoxville tn. I came to this location. And the manager refused to accept. Plus. Was going to call the cops if I didn’t move my car. This location is a joke.

D
6:11 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On September 18, 2021 I purchased a $! 4.95 bar code at Zips Car Wash #145 at 3142 S. Brentwood Blvd. in St Louis MO, which gave me 3 washes in a 30 day period from that date. Period. I was not asked to join their "club", nor was I told that Zips would now charge my Mastercard monthly for $34.95. I did not authorize anything, ever, and have not been back to...

1:39 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zips Car Wash - A letter stating that my membership is canceled, and refund my money.

I have continually been charged for a membership, that I canceled several months ago. I sent an email into the company to cancel my membership (that is month to month). They sent a response to me and said it had been taken care of. NOW last month (Jan.) and now (Feb.) I am getting charged again, and now they have upped it to 30.00! They original charge was 20.00. I called my bank in Jan. and put a stop on the Jan. charge and was refunded. Now I will have to do it again. Every time I go into Zips to talk to someone, they can't help me and tell me to call a number (which I can never get threw too) or send in a complaint to Management. That is what I continue to do. I am sick and tired of dealing with this issue.

This needs to be taken care of immediately. Please.

8:18 pm EST

Zips Car Wash - Club membership

I nicely requested to suspend my membership in November 2021 due I park my vehicle outside and won't be using it until the Spring/Summer. Yet here it is February and you are still taking money from my account at which I have called and sent many email, phone calls over the last 3 half months. Now I want it cancelled and a refund for them months. And no response back other than we will pass it to the appropriate person.

Desired outcome: I want my refund for the past 3 months.

L
6:06 pm EST

Zips Car Wash - Wash

November 15th I visited the wash at 7525 Mountain Grove Drive Knoxville, TN 37920. When I returned home I notice the piece covering the gas door on my car was missing. I returned to the location the next day and asked the 4 employees sitting in the office if they could check around. They responded it wasn't there without looking. (Not a huge help). I have tried to call this location a few times since to speak with a manager but the phone line doesn't ring. I reach out via email on Dec 4th, 2021. A few days before Christmas I received a call and gentleman said he would try to review the tapes. He never called back. I have reached out several more times requesting someone contact me. As of today, February 14th, 2022, I only received the canned answer of “we have requested someone in management contact you”

Desired outcome: Repair to my vehicle

A
12:15 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zips Car Wash - Bought the most expensive car wash and didn't clean car or was even dry

I just got my car washed at the location in Little Rock on Cantrall rd., bought the most expensive car wash $25 didn't even get the car clean or the wheels, also had to dry it off myself if I want to do the work I would and wouldn't have to spend an hour's wage to get a lousy job done. Save yourself time and money and do it yourself or buy the cheapest car wash you can ... Can't be worse than buying the most expensive one and then still having to clean your own car. Called the Mgr. he offered to run it through again but still wouldn't change the fact you will have to wipe it down yourself and finish cleaning it... and after i asked for the the free car wash he said that offer is off the table after my complaint... His Name is Mark and his cell # [protected] feel free to send him the complaints and hopefully you will have better luck getting anywhere with him

Thanks

Andy T

P
3:35 pm EST

Zips Car Wash - Hours

when it was Time to Shine they opened on-time every day. Now that it is Zip's the employees, I guess, decide on the hours. Richmond Rd Location in Lexington supposed to open at 7 a.m. That is very convenient for me because I can go before work, I have a monthly pass. Now they may open at 7:30, maybe 8, whenever they choose to open. I have complained but they don't get back to me because "I am not showing up in their system" but they take my payment every month and I have sent a picture of the sticker in my window. Customer service sucks!

Desired outcome: open on-time or change published hours and I will cancel my membership

T
10:56 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was charged twice in one month. Help I would like to get one of those charges payback onto my debit card. I go to be the Clarksville Indiana location 47129. I’m requesting a refund on my extra charges.

4:40 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to the car wash one time and since then I have been getting charged $30.00 every month since Aug 20, 2021. Sep 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2022. up until now. I have reached out multiple times for a refund because did not authorize or did I sign up for any membership with this company I am owed a refund and I need these...

4:48 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

2/6/2022 2121 Dale Ace Vinton, VA 1:05 pm CTN 773566 PWC -6214 Today there were no towels available and a lot of the vacuums weren’t working. One lane was taking cash only but you did not know that until you pulled up. Then you had to back up and try and get out. This location in Vinton, VA had really gone downhill.

D
2:13 pm EST

Zips Car Wash - Location Closed again

Feb 6,2022 2:00 pm Roanoke Va Challenger Avenue on 460. This is my third time since last month that I have drove all the way up here from Smith Mountain lake and they have been closed it’s 2 o’clock in the daytime there is many people that is pulling up here and turning around because they have cones at both drive-through‘s there are six cars right at this moment that are vacuuming out their cars it is a sunny day we have had snow and ice chemicals on the roads a lot of people are driving through here to wash their cars and they’re closed again🤬

Desired outcome: Just make it right & get someone that will be here the times you advertise. [protected]

F
1:01 pm EST

Zips Car Wash - Over billing.

For the past two years, I have been billed $14.95 for an unlimited car wash subscription to ZIPS car wash in Knoxville, TN. Starting in Oct. 2021 my credit card was charged $40.00, as well as for the months of Nov., Dec. and Jan. I filed a complaint with ZIP and my bank and received a refund of $25.05 for the Nov. overcharge but not the other overcharges. In addition, instead of correcting the monthly bill back to $14.95, I am still being billed $40.00. I am tired of constantly having to go back to my bank to contest these charges. I want the money refunded for the months of Oct., Dec., and Jan. and my monthly bill to be changed back to the $14.95 I originally agreed to. If this can't be done, cancel my membership and I will file a complaint with the corporate office and the BBB.

Fred Wolatz

P.S. The ZIP unit I use is the ZIP-168T facility in Knoxville, TN

Desired outcome: Refund of $75.15.

6:48 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was told that I could pay for just one month of unlimited washes for $15.00. I have been charged $40.00 a month not $15.00! I asked if it was just for the one month and they said yes. The employee lied to me! I have been charged every month starting December 3rd 2021 till February 3rd 2022. My account is in pending for that payment.

11:52 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I use several of the Zips carwashes in the Shreveport, La area. I have been a member for several years and my vehicle has been damaged a few times through those years. I had to file a claim for 1 because it sliced my valve stem and I had to get my tire fixed but I never filed a claim on the others because I figured its bound to happen in a car wash at time...

T
10:52 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

You really need to train your employees better. I also don't understand why you keep charging people monthly fees when half the time the car wash isn't working. There is always an employee car blocking the entrance to the pay machine. Asking the employee are they closing for the day or what is a waste of time. They never know anything. This has happened 3...

10:49 am EST

Zips Car Wash - The carwash

Has anyone complained about scratches caused by your carwash? I use the Zips in Springdale and Rogers, so not sure which one caused it, but happened within the past three weeks. I assume you can look up my RFID information and see which one's I have been to. Scratches are on top of car and trunk and would like them fixed. My phone number [protected]

Desired outcome: Scratch Free Car like when it was purchased

6:12 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello! I got my car washed there yesterday at a Knoxville location off of Middlebrook Pike. I went through the car wash and my paint was chipped off in multiple places. I also have a scratch on my hood next to some chipped places. I told the people working there. They wrote down all of my information and took pictures of my car. I was told that their boss would be in contact with me. However, I have not heard from anyone.

11:39 am EST

Zips Car Wash - Cancel membership

I have been charged for 3 months in a row from ZIPS/Time to Shine, despite having a paper trail of three months of asking them to cancel my membership. I sold my car that I had signed up and did not sign up my new vehicle. I am now out $120.00 and no sign of them actually fixing this. I have put requests in through their site and have request/ticket numbers from them, but nothing is ever done. I was charged November, December and now January. I will NEVER do business with this company again and will recommend that every else steer clear too. It really is a shame that this company can't do the right thing!

Desired outcome: Cancel and refund money

Update by Joe Wainscott
Jan 22, 2022 11:40 am EST

I have been charged for 3 months in a row from ZIPS/Time to Shine, despite having a paper trail of three months of asking them to cancel my membership. I sold my car that I had signed up and did not sign up my new vehicle. I am now out $120.00 and no sign of them actually fixing this. I have put requests in through their site and have request/ticket numbers from them, but nothing is ever done. I was charged November, December and now January. I will NEVER do business with this company again and will recommend that every else steer clear too. It really is a shame that this company can’t do the right thing!

Zips Car Wash contacts