Menu

complaints

Yelp.com Complaints Summary

20 Resolved
173 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Yelp.com's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Yelp.com has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Yelp.com. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Yelp.com complaints 193

Sort by:

Newest Yelp.com complaints

M
3:28 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On January 12, 2024, I corresponded with Mr. Mickey Rogers, who verified my account and provided reassurances that the $300 in free ads would not be billed to me until I reached the specified threshold. I made it explicitly clear during our conversation that I did not wish to pay for any ads at that time and, consequently, refrained from providing my credit...

C
1:17 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In August, I accepted your $300 credit for services and said that I would not pay anything for services just wanted the free offer. My account was set up with that understanding. I set it so it wouldn't go over the $300 for the month. I did not okay any upgrades just was using the free $300 credit. I cancelled the services when my balance said $0 and I...

E
5:24 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 11/9/23 I opened a YELP business account. I was contacted by Account Executive Chase W. several times by email and phone. We spoke on 11/17/23 at great length (2 hours) about my business. He helped with organizing my page and providing pictures. I was very impressed at the level of care and service I was being provided with. He told me about the...

Is Yelp.com legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's review suggests Yelp.com is mostly legit with an 71% trust score, signaling it's safe for transactions. Yet, with a resolve complaints rating below 10% caution is advised. Before engaging with Yelp.com, reviewing user feedback and how Yelp.com addresses complaints can provide deeper insights. Always protect personal and financial information when interacting online, especially with Yelp.com. Trust, but verify.

Yelp.com earns 71% level of Trustworthiness

High Trust Suggestion: Yelp.com evaluated with 71% trust by Complaints Board. Safe for use, yet remain cautious with personal data.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Yelp.com. The company provides a physical address, 3 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 6 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Yelp.com has registered the domain name for biz.yelp.com for more than one year, which may indicate stability and longevity.

Biz.yelp.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

After using multiple security services, we have determined that the Yelp.com website is safe for users. No malware, phishing, or security threats have been detected that could pose a risk to users.

Biz.yelp.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Yelp.com, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Yelp.com's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. The support team lacks customer service skills, training, and resources, resulting in only 10% of 21 complaints being resolved.
  • That one biz.yelp.com is embedded within another website. Beware of embedded websites. Scammers may use them to trick you into visiting fake sites. Verify authenticity before entering personal information and research the site for safety
  • Biz.yelp.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The biz.yelp.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • Yelp.com protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Yelp.com. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
L
2:28 pm EST

Yelp.com Refund

Just got burned. They automatically added extra services I did not chose, and no confirmation or message send to my email for extra. This happened for 2nd time in 2 months. Previous month I called and disputed extra charges and they agree to refund. I receive nothing despite they said i was refunded. Now I was charged again extra 150$ and after I disputed the charge, they said this extra pick is made by me and they can't do anything. This is scam. Also, their system removed all my positive review 4 months ago by stating they computer decided to remove them and they cant do anything. I asked them to investigate the review because they were from real customers and real jobs, but they refused.

Claimed loss: 180

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Yelp.com representatives only. If you are affiliated with Yelp.com, please claim your business to access these details.

C
8:49 pm EST

Yelp.com Visionworks

Please take down the review written by me about Dr Shannon Chandler. The complaint was really about the Visionworks part of where she works as a totally independent contractor. My complaint was resolved and I want it taken down at once. This was a yelp review in Las Vegas for the Blue Diamond store. Can anyone help me do this ? My email is [protected]@yahoo.com. Please help!

Desired outcome: Take down entire review

9:36 am EST

Yelp.com Delivery

I placed an order online on 11/23, I selected the delivery date from the options shown by Yelloh. I selected 11/27, I received a confirmation email stating my delivery will be delivered 11/27 between 9 and 6pm. Perfect.

Today is 11/28 and no delivery. No email, no call, no text.

I have tried to contact Yelloh by phone - No luck there. Its an automated response and regardless of what option you select you are told to go to the App or Website.

Disgusting customer service

A
9:11 pm EST

Yelp.com Unauthorized credit card charge

I opened my biz page 2 months ago. 1 month ago they offered me 300 dollars for yelp ads to use during a month.

I used, wasn't much help, but after that they charge me 151,00 in my card without being clear about it.

I want a refund, but when I called they said they couldn't refund, instead they could give me more free credit to keep using their ads.

I can't really afford this extra charge right now and feels completely unfair to not be able to solve it!

Claimed loss: $151

Desired outcome: Please, refund me!

A
3:59 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I recently moved from Virginia to Scottsdale, AZ with North American. I have not received several boxes that I personally packed and taped with instructions on the outside. Also, one of the packers decided that he needed my jewelry more than I needed it. I packed and taped the boxes closed and told the packers that they would go in the vehicle I was driving...

D
10:54 am EDT

Yelp.com Yelp Advertising

The results from Yelp advertising are fake. They basically told us we received over 60 customers in one month from their platform ads when we received zero. Then they had to tell us our Yelp Deals resulted in many new customers via an email, yet we never had any Yelp customer buy any deal whatsoever.

How can you trust reviews from a provider that cannot be honest?

Stay away from Yelp. They will promise you the world and deliver nothing.

Desired outcome: Attorney Generals should require Yelp to be honest and ethical. They are bad for busines.

G
6:13 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello, my name is Gregory Dahl, VP Cielito's Cleaning Service, Inc. located in Plantation. FL. Our company has used Yelp! for paid and non-paid subscriptions for at least 10 years. Fortunately, we survived the pandemic so there were periods of time when the company flourished, and we could afford expensive advertising. A month ago, I decided to pay Yelp!...

12:58 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

So I was awake in this morning at 8a.m. Bye I Yelp representative.instead of 9am and as our conversation started, I told her if she was going to request money at the end don’t even bother with this conversation and she just kept on and on and on and on finally after she goes and has me go to a different website she comes back and has me feeling louder form...

R
6:02 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yelp.com (scam) possible flood damage automobiles in vermont (scam)

Coggins honda in bennington, vermont sold me a $17,000.00 used honda vehicle and the engine blew up in 1,500 miles and the warranty they sold me did not cover (3,000 mi warranty). I am out over $23,000.00 (trapped) because coggins honda in bennington vermont sold me a lemon and there are no lemon laws in vermont. Do not buy used vehivcle in vermont

Desired outcome: Pay for the new engine $4,950.00 plus tax. The warranty is worthless at Coggins Honda.

R
6:28 pm EDT

Yelp.com Yelp reviews

I recently looked at the reviews for my company on Yelp. There are only two and both are one star. I clicked on the "not recommended" reviews and there are four more, all are 5 star reviews. None of these are included in the average star rating. Yelp claims that its algorithm only includes reviews from people who have a social media presence. I recognize the names of the four 5 star reviews and they were in fact customers of mine. I don't know and couldn't care less what their social media presence is. They are valid reviews.

Yelp claims it cannot override their own algorithm. I find that hard to believe. So, I called and ask them just to remove my company page altogether as it is doing more harm than good. They said they couldn't do that either. Not sure what kind of company can't control their own processes.

I have a business account page with Google and I don't have any of these problems. My company has 158 reviews on Google, all but 2 are 5 star.

Desired outcome: Remove my business page from Yelp altogether. It is not doing me any good and is causing harm to my company.

B
9:29 am EDT

Yelp.com Homeaglow

Received a home cleaning from this company in June 2023. Did not like the job performed, so cancelled the cleaning plan. I am still getting charged every month for this service, even though I cancelled the plan. what I did not realize was I also had to cancel the membership. I didn't even know i had signed up to be a member, I just wanted my house clean. I supposedly signed up for a 6 month plan, which ends in December 2023. the company said for me to quit now, I would have to pay $200+ to cancel the membership. Has anyone else gotten stuck with this crap!

They are going to still charge me for the next 3 months for the membership, even though no one will be cleaning our house.

Desired outcome: I want the membership cancelled. so far I have paid $199.93 + they will charge me another $158.01 for the next 3 months. I should not have to pay for any of this.

11:12 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Yelp contacted me to try to pay for their advertising. Close to that time, they got my info over the phone and apparently signed me up for some time. I believe they knew an opposing party or opposing attorney was going to harass me via their site, and they wanted me to pay to remove it. The opposing attorney or party put up a fake review anonymously saying...

9:57 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I signed up for a free account on Yelp. I have a small home-based business. After signing up I was inundated with calls and emails about running an ad. One salesperson who called me assured me that this was a win win deal. I would only have to pay $5.00 if a person clicked on my business name for more information, Of course, I have no proof of how many...

Z
3:08 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yelp.com Yelp sale person misleaded and misguided for upgrade package

Yelp sales person

Joe Dean (he/him)

Elite Account Director, Yelp Inc. | P: +[protected]

Has misleaded, misguided and over a phone he lured and tactically enrolled my business to many paid services without explaining its cost implication and by keeping me in dark. He offered some free package for one things and present case that for 6 month or 1 year everything is free over a call and literally cheated by enrolling my businesses for many paid services. When i realised, i have been smartly cheated by this fraud person, i emailed him couple of time, he never responded to single mail. I have raised my official compliant on yelp support and awaiting final action on my case.

I stopped all enrolled services on 6th july 2023, raised alarmed but still some more funds got deducted from my credit card toward fees.

I dont understand why business need to cheat customers in such a way ?

Desired outcome: Refund of charges collected by keeping me in dark.

7:33 pm EDT

Yelp.com We would like to speak with someone at yelp

Date/Time: 7/31/23 7pm

Called Yelp customer service number advertised at the top of their website. A young women came on the phone and we attempted to ask her some general questions regarding Yelp as a business and what they offer. She was extremely condescending and cut as off of every sentence that we tried to speak. Even when she asked a question, we were not allowed to finish our answer. Her overall attitude was don't bother me and you are beneath me. Even when we tried to explain that we are a conglomerate of small businesses, she still acted like we were not worth her time. She said that she will email us some information and quickly hung up. Not the service that we expected and would like to receive from a company that is supposed to help other companies with advertising. This is not the first time that a Yelp Rep was rude to us. We had experiences in the past whereas we were hung up on. Thought we would give them another chance.

We asked for an appt to discuss having a yelp pg. We were told that was not possible. She literally said "it's now".

Desired outcome: that will be friendly, cooperative, informative, professional, helpful, kind, thoughtful, creative, and knowledgeable.

3:29 pm EDT

Applying Ga 30802

07/18/2033 3:41pm

Item # [protected]

$73.63

Contacted Customer service which was and mission in futility. The customer service on Amazon web site is joke it’s impossible to leave as by kink of response limited wrong question s purposely designed that way !

To discourage customers from getting help and to prevent Amazon liability

Desired outcome: Want Amazon band from in line ordering. Also the web site is not user friendly for customer service complaints !!!!! There filter does not work when you request only products made in the USA it still list Products made in China!!!!!

H
3:18 pm EDT

Yelp.com Black mail form yelp

Yelp needs to understand that not all small businesses can pay their monthly fees to have their 5 star reviews show up.

This is pure blackmail.

I know of several great reviews that my small company received on yelp because my customers told me about them. But the reviews never show, only bad reviews show. Yelp claims that this is their algorithms. What EVER! No algorithms are used when a customer gives a bad review, it immediately shows up within seconds. But when a good or great review is given, it may take several days or not show up at all.

I cannot believe that yelp has not been sued over this. BLACKMAIL.

Desired outcome: Remove my business from yelp completely. I did not give you permission to even have my business on yelp. Remove all bad reviews and start over or just remove my business

Overview of Yelp.com customer experience

Yelp for Business Owners has been receiving negative feedback from consumers due to several issues. One of the most common complaints is the lack of transparency in the review process, which leads to biased and fake reviews. Another issue is the difficulty in getting a response from customer support, leaving business owners feeling ignored and frustrated. Additionally, the advertising options offered by Yelp have been criticized for being expensive and ineffective. These problems have caused many business owners to lose trust in Yelp and seek alternative review platforms.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Yelp.com contacts