Having problems with Yelp.com?

Yelp.com Customer Service Contacts

140 New Montgomery St.
San Francisco, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Yelp.com Customer Service. Initial Yelp.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Yelp.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Yelp.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Yelp.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Yelp.com Complaints & Reviews

Yelp.comRick Case Kia GA,

In December 2019 as a surprise Christmas gift my son brought me a 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV in GA at Rick Case Kia GA in Duluth GA. The SUV was to be registered in SC where I live which it is. The salesman charge my son $653.28 for property taxes which they had no right to do because they had no idea what the taxes was going to be and I had no paperwork at that time but i knew i had to pay SC taxes in order to register the vehicle. So on 1/29/2020 i paid $515.69 in property taxes to register the vehicle. I didn't get this vehicle registered until the middle of March because when they submitted the paperwork to the SCDMV in Blythewood, SC it was not filled out properly so on 2/18/2020 SCDMV sent Rick Case a letter informing them this. This is why it took so long. I went back to SCDMV and was told they sent the check back to Rick Case in March 2020. It is now December 29, 2020and I still have not received a check a phone call nothing. I did go back down to the dealership in November 2020 and gave them proof that the owe me and still nothing. And because of covid-19 and the shut down is the reason why I waited. This situation has caused me several hours of time wasted communicating with this company, and emotional distress. The dealership has had adequate time to correct this issue which it has not. I am more than dissatisfied.

Yelp.comKailo nanotech pain relief

This product is put out by Elevate Coffee Products also called Healthy Coffee Products. It is a nanotech strip that you wear for pain... It is supposed to stick to your skin... Mine fell off the next day and was lost when I was walking. The company refuses to send a replacement... They offered half price... I offered a little less and they refused... said it was my fault

Nov 28, 2020

Yelp.com — Dental practice

I went to the dental practice of IQBAL Sayed (Patchogue Dental Services) 450 Waverly Avenue Suite 6 My first...

Yelp.comYelp ads

I agreed to a promo from yelp when updating business information. I did not enter a CC so I did not think they would charge me. Somehow they had access to an old CC from years ago and charged over $500. We still have $450 worth of unused ads but Yelp refuses to provide us with a refund.

Very tricky terms of service bait and switch. Seems to be an extremely deceptive approach, a little ironic considering they are a review site.

Yelp.comBad service at rent one is gardendale, al

I had bought two new hedge clippers from Rent one In Gardendale. I took both hedgers to get the blades sharpened at Rent One. I asked about the charge and was quoted a ten dollar charge for each hedger. the first problem is that the company took over a week just to sharpen the teeth, and then only had done one. They kept the second hedge another week.
        The second problem was the charge. I was quoted a ten dollar charge to sharpen, but the bill was 52.50 for each hedger. Bait and switch!!! I complained, but they had my hedges. So I had to pay. Lousy way to treat a customer, and I will not go back. You can not trust any quote and I would suggest that you get it in writing if possible. Best to go to the other store in Vestavia for the Stihl products. The store in Gardendale has lost a customer who has been doing business with them for years. Just did not seem to care one or the other.

M Wayne Wheeler

Yelp.comBilling and unauthorized charges

The pushy sales woman pushed hard for me to sign up with $300 credit and promised to call every week to see how the yelp page for my business was working. She never called us again! This was on aug 1, 2020.
          After I look at my account and see that $300 is being used up, I asked them to stop the program. This was within 20 days of signing up.
          Next, I see that they have charged my business card $404! Talking with customer service was useless. They said this was part of the agreement. It looks like a very cruel scam for small businesses.
          I would like to get my money back.

Yelp.comInternet advertising

Tried upgraded yelp ad for a year back in 2017 with mixed results. Couple months ago, a young lady calls me every week for a month, trying to get me to re-start. I tell her no. A young man, Johnathan Goldman calls me from yelp. We agree to try yelp on a trial, temp. basis for FIVE days from the 3rd of June to the 8th of June. At the end of the month, I receive a huge $540 bill for the whole month. After spending hours on hold and sending numerous e-mails, I finally get an e-mail back saying "Too bad, YOU didn't cancel". No where did anyone tell me I had to cancel anything! As for my "upgraded" page, it was never set up. Blatant rip off.

YelpNeed help!

Impossible to reach anyone at yelp. If you are reputable, customers should be able to reach you with no problem. I would like this question answered, please:
              How can we rely that complaints and reviews for companies are legitimate when the person/business we are complaining about can coerce us into removing our complaint by bribing us with gift cards, etc.?
              That means many of the comments that would help us make a decision about a person or company will never be seen by us because the complainer removed it after receiving a gift card or other means of bribing. There is no proper category for my complaint, and I can't continue without one, so I just put "business & finance" in order to complete this inquiry.

Yelp.comReview ratings

They pick and choose what yelp review they put up. Have multiple 5 star review but they decide not to show them in the yelp rating - very unfair to small business owner. The one yelp review that they think in correct is about a person that had a personal disagreement with and posted a bad review. Unbelievable

Yelp.comcustomer service

I called today to try to get some answers to some questions and the man who answered the phone was so rude and hung up on me. Yelp is a terrible site with horrible way of determining reviews that are recommended. I just want to get my actual customers reviews on my page its that simple. I understand that yelp gets tons of reviews everyday but it would be helpful if they had a department that would go over some of these where businesses could call and try to make sure there actual customers reviews are being posted on there page.

Jan 28, 2020

Yelp.com — small business pay per click advertising

Sales rep call to say " your small business is not being seen by all people looking for services on Yelp" -...

Nov 08, 2019

Yelp.com — misrepresentations made by account executive and unauthorized credit card charges

I was contacted by account executive Shane Gomez on several occasions regarding advertising with YELP. I wa...

Yelp.comadvertising sales

They pulled a Bait and Switch. They promised me a $300 credit so I sighed up for ad campaign per clicks, but then I was billed $389. They claim it was not a "Credit" but a "Bonus" for extra advertising. I have spoken with several Customer Service reps and even my initial Sales Woman, and they all say "Sorry for your luck but no refund"

Yelp is a complete scam!!!

Yelp.comlie lie and more lies... yelp lied again

On september 25th 2018 my dog died at 7 years old... Of heart diesease... Not only was this dog included but my other dog went threw 8 surgerys as well as my oldest at the time was diagnosed with dm (a spinal disorder) which her spine is sperating... The vet im mentioning I will not mention the name as they have settled with me...

However!

My problem resides with yelp... I left a review for my vet, 100% honest about my problem (yelp removed it)... I left another, removed again... I did this atleast 5 times all reviews were removed... Lastly yelp told me one of my reviews is still poste... It is not! Yelp states my reviews have nothing to do with the business at hand, however my reviews do have something to do with the business at hand... And what is my purpose of leaving a review if its removed!!! If others can learn from my mistakes of a doctor giving false statements then this should mean something... Lets also add here that the vet also stated I was in financial hurt and I cant afford 3 dogs... These 3 dogs would stay with my mother who is 71 and runs a state run daycare who is in financial hurt due to my father dying at a early age from a viet nam war illness... Im not in financial hurt, im a huge investor mainly with kelloggs and earn a dividend that equals most peoples yearly pay... The vet confused my mother as my wife on a number of occasions and I stated this in my reviews... Yelp dosnt take kindly to negative truthfully reviews, yelp seems to live at the north pole were santa claus roams and elfs deliver mail... Lets keep in mind here most dog owners (and cat) consider there pets as a part of the family... Yelp dosnt understand this, as long as their client is premier costumer and pays the fee they will filter negative reviews... Well I wont stand for it!!!

On august 22nd a day after my birthday, yelp filed a police report against me, and 2 officer showed up at my door wanting to arrest me... On hand was audio of me making threats to yelp and claiming im a apache indian and im messing with voo doo... Swearing and using political slander... Lets keep in mind a lot of these calls came in between midnight and 3 am... Of course the audio kinda sounds like me, the police states it was me, however there was ticking in the audio... I asked a good friend (who will show up in court if need be) about this, and he states I had been framed... Either I was set up by my famous identity thief who started stealing from me from paypal at this time or I was set up by yelp... The audio seems to be stole from my youtube videos... And my friend will stand up for me in court!... Yelp filed a police report against me for something I didn't do...

Facts

1. I go to sleep around 9am-10am...2. Im polish (threw my mother) and french and brasilian threw my dad...3. The caller seems to be drunk or high... (I dont use drugs or alcohol)….. Hate to tell yelp but I have enough info for court now...

Yelpreviews

So yelp has been working out for our company for the most part. Problem being is that from 20 good yelp reviews "from customers" where token down. They even took down customers generated from there own site that I pay for with ads. Now we have to see if we continue to get calls because like everyone the good reviews gets you calls. I was planning on spending more money on advertising but after calling them twice to have them better explain the process and them removing more calls seriously right after... Yeah i'm good

Feb 22, 2019

Yelp.com — reviews

Yelp does not post all reviews from everyone. They only post reviews from people who frequent their site. If...

Yelp.comadvertising - what you need to know if you buy

I advertised with Yelp with their Yelp Impressions program and called it quits after disputes with review problems and Yelp acting inconsistent. For example, you get an irrational reviewer posting several reviews on Yelp, the reviewer is removed from the site, yet one review is taken off completely and the other identical one remains as "not recommended." I've also seen Yelp deliberately violate their own policies and my complaints fell on deaf ears. A big part of that is the staff that handles calls for businesses that pay for advertising and that call in to complain. They are unyielding and will not allow you to escalate matters to a manager. That means they get a lot of complaints.

So I got hounded for years and recently tried a trial advertisement involving their pay for click. Like all of their sales people, they misrepresent what they have to offer, what you're actually paying for, and are vague on pricing. DO NOT buy their pay for click. It's a complete waste of money and they push it because they over charge for what you receive to make quicker revenue.

Some people will buy it and this is what I advise: Whatever they tell you, tell the salesman to put in writing and send an email. Since you're registered they have your email account and will certainly send an email to confirm the sale. So they have no excuse to not provide whatever information you request.

Of particular importance is how they price their ads and how they will charge you. Unlike the impressions program where they bill you in advance each month, for Pay for Click, they bill you after the fact. Any ad incentives get lost if you stop advertising. They tell you you can carry over ad clicks that weren't used. Have them put that in writing. When you realize the program shows lots of clicks but no benefit, it's because most consumers don't really know how you are being charged or just don't care. You can cancel this program at any time and they can only charge you for the prorated amount of what you should be paying per month. That's why you want that in writing so you're not surprised when you get billed. If you cancel, YOU MUST go into the business portal, in the ads area, make sure you SELECT "end your advertisment program". If you have any of the other nonsense such as "Enhanced Profile", you must similarly end each of those that are shown. If you don't do this, you will continue to get billed. They WILL NOT merely let you write them to cancel your ads. This is SNEAKY by design in case you file a complaint with any government agency. What's worse is that Consumer Protection agencies don't deal with business to business activity which is a big flaw for small businesses.

Lastly, file a complaint with the State of California anyway. They are well aware of YELP complaints, have taken YELP to court, and the only way they'll take a closer look at their practices is if they get thousands of complaints. It works. Here is the link: https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company

Yelp.combad practice and pressure

I been with Yelp for many years and also 5 to 6 years ago advertised for 6 months. Happy at the time.
                            Since they been calling me up to 4 times a years to advertise. I tell them all the time to please remove me from there vendors list I explaining that I turn down jobs everyday, that I can't undertake all that is coming to me and that therefore it would be stupid for me to waist money on advertisement. As long as i use to pickup the phone that was fine the filtering system about 10 to 15% of the review . Couple of months ago I ignored there phone call, knowing there Area code (480) since and at once I saw 40 review some that was there for 2 years old going to filtered one and new one filtered too. There is a very obvious coincidence to me and certainly not a computer filtering story.
                            Doesn't affect my Business . Because my business is on every network and word to mouth since 20 years.
                            Just like to report the bad practice and pressure that they try to put on companies to get money.

• Iv
                                Ivor O'Connor Dec 09, 2018

Yep. I have blocked all yelp marketers. As a result they now only show about 10% of my reviews and those include naturally all the bad reviews. Hiding only the five star reviews.

Yelp.compushy salesman won't take no for an answer

These guys constantly ring me every few days and will not take no for a answer and then threaten your ratings etc if you dont spend $6000 a year with them, these guys should be investigated by the attorney generals office for stand over tactics and blackmail, they are using there internet position to extort money from business but using any tactic that they can

Yelp.comadvertising

After too many phone calls from their salesmen, I finally caved and agreed to try their "$300 free ads" with the understanding that we could not spend any money after the $300 was used up. I was assured seven times that the card would not be charged. With their rep on the phone, he took us to the page that should have shown us the balance and it was always showing a $0 balance. They are running a ****SCAM**** at YELP by giving people $300 in free ADS stating you will not be charged until this free $300 runs out. We canceled before the $300 had run out and we are being charged for a plan that their representative directed us to choose in order to receive the $300 which left us somehow owing $237 which overdrew our account and caused $210 worth of overdraft fees!. They charge the card without notice and do not allow you to remove the card on file without replacing it. They show a pattern of deceit and misrepresentation to multiple customers as can be noted on this site. They only give out first names and have call screeners employed just to deal with all the angry customers. When asking to speak to a manager they leave you on an endless hold and you will never speak to the same person twice. We have called on different occasions being assured that our call with the sales representative would be reviewed and on our third call were informed the call had still not been reviewed because they considered the dispute to be "resolved" with the $237 remaining as a charge. I still cannot find anywhere on their site where you can see what they are actually charging. When you download the account, there is no pertinent information. Total RIPOFF!