Menu
Yelp.com
reviews & complaints

Yelp.com
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

106 complaints
18 resolved 88 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Yelp.com. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
L
10:23 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Yelp does nothing to stop fraudulent business on there site My wife was defrauded from a business she found on yelp. After contacting authorities about this person and business they informed me no such business exist and they are already in the process of taking criminal action about this person. They provided court action they took against him thinking...

M
1:01 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am posting this here, because whenever it is posted on Yelp, either the business page manager (who mentioned that he had never pulled a post (?) OR the person emailing and harassing others (likely Smoque-affiliated/employee) has repeatedly pulled it. Customer service IS a part of the business model, and how businesses treat customers are extremely...

P
6:50 am

Yelp.com - A non-reliable company

I truly believe that Yelp is a non reliable company. I read some restaurant reviews as 5 star and the restaurant did not even deserve one star. I noticed that some reviews (good ones) are removed and other bad reviews are still posted even when they are from
fake names and unidentified persons. I truly believe that Yelp will deal with plenty of lawsuits and, no matter what they do, will become known as not reliable place, if it is not yet known like that.

10:10 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I'm not entirely sure if Yelp.com qualifies as an outright scam, in the traditional sense, but at the very least they're not what they say they are and they do NOT do what they claim to do; not even close. For instance, if you were a first time, or casual user of Yelp.com, and you wished to see our Salon's reviews, you might come to believe that our...

Yelp.com - Dishonesty

THIS phone message, below, shows how dishonest YELP is! I have NO 'manager' on YELP ... and all my reviews are positive (including two that were removed as 'suspicious', even though all are from real and actual happy customers).

""Hi Lee this is Ida calling from yelp. I am managing your listing on yelp and wanted to talk to you about that contract issues on your five Star reviews due to recent reviews and also had some suggestions about your listing. Give me a call my number is 4802075644. Again this is Howard at h-u-h(?) calling from yelp. My number is 4802075644. Thank you." "

There is something very weird about YELP and how they do things. I had heard bad things about them ... and now I can see they are true. I wonder if one can leave a review on YELP about what we think OF YELP?

12:12 pm

Yelp.com - I haven't heard about this website before, but they stole money from me

I never heard about the website www.guterman.yelp.ca before, but the owner started to charge me. I was furious and searched for the contact info, but the owner didn’t provide it on the website. I have no idea what to do now, but I want my money back. Also maybe someone has any ideas how to stop these fraudulent charges. Please, share your views and post comments. It will be really helpful for me.

3:11 pm

Yelp.com - False advertising

Reviews or complaints are filtered and removed if the business owner don't like.
The excuse is violations of their guidelines but I cut and pasted a review from Odana Hills Dental and posted it on Dr. Zietz page and it was rejected. Question: How can this review be within the guidelines for one dentist but not for Dr. Zietz?

1 comment

Yup, yelp is a scam. Businesses can pay to have bad reviews removed. Did trust that site.

G
1:37 am

Yelp.com - Wrong, misleading and outdated information

I have been attempting to get Yelp to remove the Guitarsmith Custom Guitar site, to no avail. Guitarsmith has moved 2 years ago, all the information is incorrect, and you might think that a company like Yelp might check to see if there's a business there, or try calling the phone number. If a client were to use the info on the site, they would find an empty building, or another business there. Also, I have requested that they remove a libelous, slanderous review that was posted almost 2 years AFTER Guitarsmith had moved, not to mention the fact they Guitarsmith does not engage in any retail or public services, so this site shouldn't even be listed... to make it simple Yelp, you are giving out bad info to people about a business that doesn't even exist. And allow reviews that never happened, from people that can't be contacted or for that matter, even exist. I'm starting to see why people hate Yelp, and maybe it's time for a class action lawsuit.

View 0 more photos
J
1:48 pm

Yelp.com - Review scam

I am listed on Yelp as small retail business. I had all five star reviews for atleast one year besides 2 bad ones and thats when Sales rep from Yelp.com called me to buy their advertising package for $ 300 a month. I refused to pay as that is too much for a small business.
After a month I see few more 5 star reviews which were filtered by yelp but those 2 bad ones still stayed there.
Every time I get a 5 star, next day it would get filtered out. Now its so bad, I see one of my 5 star review which was there for atleast 1 year also got filtered out.
They are running a scam out there, if you dont pay, you dont see 5 stars on ur page..

Yelp.com - Not displaying good reviews

Yelp advertising promised to display reviews from our customers. They lied. Yelp has displayed only one good review, and one bad review. Ten excellent reviews had been "filtered" (their term for not displaying customer comments). With 10 excellent, 1 good reviews and only one bad we would have been rated 5 stars. Instead they are rating us at 2 stars. This is hurting our business.
I have written to the management and no one replied.

Isaac Oak, CEO
Designed to Fit Kitchen & Bath
Fremont, CA

H
11:37 pm

Yelp.com - Fraud

Yelp contacted me to advertise I said no. Within three months my reviews were all filtered and what few negative reviews here were are left on. Every time a customer puts a good review on my business they remove it to the filtered area. They called again to ask about advertising I expressed my concerns the woman told me maybe I should advertise and see what happens. This company is trying to extort money for leaving good reviews. They need to be stopped. I will be contacting an attorney it as a small business money iSight I ope this will help

11:15 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Yelp claims that it is "real people, real reviews" — they are only true when Yelp likes them, or Yelp has gotten advertisement income. When a friend complained to me that yelp filtered / picked and chose reviews it liked, I was skeptical. Turned out he was truthful. We found this 5 star rated electrician in Sacramento. He is on the top of the list. Turned...

1:16 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Small Business Owner here and I'm here to tell you Yelp is the worst! ONLINE EXTORTION! Had a couple good reviews on yelp months back but the yelp listings was on the 9th or 10th page on google organically. Got a negative review and then all my good reviews... about 29 got somehow "filtered" so that my potenial customers only see the negative review... thi...

K
3:22 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Something consumers should know about the yelp extortion: the lawsuits made to yelp.com are they back again in 2013? Beware of false yelp reviews!!! On small businesses. Go to pixsym.com/yelp-extortion for your self a disclaimer, on this post contains quite a bit of personal conjecture. Online reputation management for small businesses is one of my personal...

1:04 pm

Yelp.com - Business owners you shouldn't pay for this site

Business owners you shouldn't pay for this site. You can get a free listing and your clients can still leave you a review. Don't sign a contract! They got me, my contract is almost up thank goodness! You can pretty much get the same results without paying them!

H
1:13 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Here's the thing about yelp - great user experience and great, honest reviews. I used to live by them. Then, I tried to help my mom set up an account for her business. She got a bunch of 5-star reviews from her clients. As a business owner, she was thrilled to see her yelp page (And thus website) showing super high in google searches for offers in her area...

M
1:30 pm

Yelp.com - Yelp is more about the reviewer than the business being reviewed

I think too much of the time, Yelp is more about the reviewer than the business being reviewed. While it can be helpful for gathering info on a restaurant, I leave it at that, and then use additional sites to supplement Yelp. I just don't find it very helpful.

Dec 08, 2012 9:27 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yelp (like Angies list) are phony. The nature of comments are diddled with. You can pay to have negative reviews removed. See elsewhere on this site (and others) where this is discussed. I caught Yelp removing 2 negative comments I posted - probably got paid to do that. Eff 'em. Waste of time.

5:48 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We believe that Yelp is rigging their system to filter out great reviews on businesses that do not advertise through them.  The salsesperson calls us everyday to advertise but since we did not advertise with Yelp, we noticed all of our 5 stars reviews were filtered out.  We wrote to them to inquire about the only negative review and ask that they remove it...

P
10:43 am

Yelp.com - Unethical fake reviews

Yelp.com deletes legitimate reviews 4 a fee. Yelp is a disservice to consumers because U can't trust the legitimacy of any review. Bad reviews R deleted if a company pays a fee, even if the reviews R honest and real. Apparently Companies that pay a protecting service don't have to worry about getting bad reviews. So whats the point of using Yelp if U can never know whats real or not be able to see what has been blocked?

Update by Proemed
Jul 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Obviously if they let U know which review is fake and which one is real it would destroy all their credibility wouldn't it? Read their guidelines. It clearly states they do not remove reviews. Yet, they have removed 100% factual reviews that I have made. If you want I can send some 2 you and you can see if U can find them. Then explain why it is that a Company that claims not to remove reviews does exactly that.

L
Jul 05, 2012 6:01 pm

So where''s the "fake" reviews you mention?

11:20 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

As an elite member of yelp from April 2011 to March 2012, the website encouraged me to post my real first name and real photos. When I was being harassed by a gang of yelpers and wrote to yelps headquarters, I was sent a no reply email, that the yelp community polices itself. Later yelp closed my account because obviously I complained too much about the...

View 0 more photos