Xbox Livexbox makes it difficult to block purchases on credit card

I have been allowing the monthly fee for XBox live to be debited from my credit card each month for convenience. Charges other than the monthly fee started showing up on my card, primarily because my son didn't understand what he was doing and purchased points online. I called Xbox and had them to put a hold on my card for any purchases outside the monthly fee. My son got a gift card so he could purchase the points online, however he couldn't use the point card because there was a block. I called Xbox and asked them to take the block off temporarily so that he could use the point card. Here is what gets crazy, if I take the block off for this one transaction I can't put the block back on which again now my card is susceptible to random charges. Can someone please explain how such a sophisticated company like Microsoft has not developed a way to either make the point card transaction and the credit card transaction 2 separate transactions or why can't a block be put back on. It's another way for them to get revenue and it is definately not to the consumers benefit.

• Bu
    butterykisses Jul 07, 2013

My 15 yr old had been doing the same thing with his father's debit card. X box is in my household but he's memorized the card no. From his father's. The suggestions made from the pd since it wasn't me he stole from...run it over (the xbox). From my mother. ...pawn it. Lol. I think my mother's idea is best. But x box should make that a part of parental control. Blocking purchases.

• Ra
    razzlledazzlle Jul 04, 2011

same thing happened with me and my son and the only "solution" they offered is a prepaid membership card you can purchase from them.

• Am
    A matter of fact Oct 13, 2010

So after XBox blocked your account...Were you still about to play with a Silver account? Were you still able to reload points with a game card? or were they all blocked...I am with you, how can a company like Microsoft not be able to manage something as small as credit card charges and game card charges...maybe Bill Gates needs to go undercover to find out what is really going on with his company...

• Wh
    WhoCaresAboutYou? Jun 25, 2010

Don't have your credit card saved to the account?