Woodforest National Bankcredit card processing nightmare

B Review updated:

I am the owner of a computer repair shop in Veneta, Oregon. A little over a month ago, a representative of this company came into my office and promised me a positive experience with this company in helping me to process credit cards in my shop. Since that time, I have had nothing but headaches, and unanswered questions. I was told that I would only be charged around $50 per month, and I would be told ahead of time, what date I would be charged, so that I knew to have the funds available. That failed to happen. I was hit with charges right away into my account, resulting in several overdraft and insufficient funds fees. I made only one transaction into the account, using the machine, which funds I never got to use, because it was never available because of all the charges made by the processor, and all the subsequent over draft fee’s that were generated as a result of
these charges. Then the account continued to be hit by further charges that were unexplained to me. The representative refunded me $100 in cash out of his pocket to offset this issue, but that did not even come close to reversing the large negative balance, nor put it into the positive close to $200 where it should have been. I have called and left messages with this guy, and most of the other companies involved with this company that I no longer wish to try to work with any of these institutions in order to process credit cards. As of
yet, no one has returned any of my calls. I want this policy canceled and I feel that they have breached the contract, not me. On top of everything else, our account was just hit again today for the ridiculous amount of $667.15, putting us into the negative -$404, before further overdraft charges and insufficient funds fees! This
is after receiving a letter that they are going to charge me $769.25 with absolutely no explanation as to why I am being charged! So far i have gotten bills from 4 different companies associated with this stupid credit card machine! What the [censored] Lease Finance Group LLC, First American Payment Systems, Woodforest National Bank, & Merchants Choice Payment Solutions! I keep seeing things in the paperwork that also says Transtech, plus the rep had his own company name that i cant even remember now. We have gone to our Bank, and challenged all of the charges and instructed them not to allow any more charges to go through. Please tell me how to return the equipment and end this nightmare. If someone does not make this right, I am going to contact the Better Business Bureau, and any other authoritative agencies that I can find, as well as take legal action.

RESOLVED

• Woodforest National Bank's response · May 25, 2017

We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. We would like the opportunity to look further into your situation. Please send us an email to [protected]@woodforest.com with your contact information and we will get in touch with you to address the matter.

• Pa
    paynetsystem Jan 22, 2010

Accept credit cards, merchant credit card processing services, merchant account services. Lowest pricing on all credit card processing services, accept credit cards, Merchant Credit Card Processing Services and Merchant Account Services at WWW.PaynetSystems.Com

• Sc
    scott roberts rbc Feb 01, 2010

we had a similar experieance call me im got out [protected] and found a great company

• Sc
    scott roberts rbc Feb 01, 2010

people dont use mccs out of arizona they are theives that work with woodforrest and also beware of julie montella her email is [protected]@qwest.net she is the biggest thief involved with wood forest

• Yani92625 May 14, 2010

FYI: I went with EXS Credit Card Processing ( www. EXSCreditCardProcessing. com ) because they did not screw me with high processing and monthly fees. They also placed me in a free credit card terminal (no lease payments) to minimize my upfront costs when i opened my new restaurant. I highly recommend EXS if you dont want hassles or unexpected high expenses with other providers...they saved me over $8, 000 annually if processing fees vs. my old processing company...One suggestion, always check the companies better business bureau rating...I signed up with EXS because they had an A+ BBB rating...made my decision much easier...

• Sr
    SRQ Willie Jun 05, 2010

Yanni ironically is a rep for this company. BEWARE !!

• Yani92625 Jun 08, 2010

Oh really Willie!? See my response above...i am not a rep for EXS...i have a friend that works for this company and they helped me greatly with my credit card processing needs, otherwise i would have never posted this review. Some people are so paranoid! :-)

• Co
    concernedcitizen2010 Jun 14, 2010

RE: EXS Credit Card Processing posts by Yani92625: Being that you have posted the same comment on a LOT of complaints against other companies, I must agree with one of the other posters. It does appear you are simply promoting/advertising them...

• Woodforest Customer Service Aug 05, 2010

At Woodforest, we take every concern seriously and make every effort to resolve issues promptly. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. Please contact our Customer Care department at [protected] and ask to speak directly with the Regional Vice President over the branch. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

• Le
    Leah9786 Oct 05, 2010

I work for a computer store in Arkansas and we've been experiencing a lot of problems with Woodforest too. Our monthly statements make no sense... What they say they are taking out for fees on their statement and what is actually taken out of the bank is completely different. The last statement we got said the total fees were $98 but what they actually took out was over $270! We have tried to contact them several times to get them to go over the statement with us but they keep referring us to their website. That would be fine except that you have to pay an internet fee of $9.95 a month to access it. We just recieved a notice that they're adding another fee of $11.95 a month unless we get online and fill out a questoinaire but again, we have to pay to even access it! It does appear that Woodforest is a scam and we are looking to get away from them ASAP.

• Ot
    Otter22 Oct 28, 2010

Close your connecting bank account. Send them a registered letter so you know they received it as I've read other complaints about people calling and being told the letter was never received.. File a complaint with the BBB. I have had an account with them for 7 years which I opened with MSI NOT Woodforest. I was told by MSI I had to hold the account for 1 year and then could cancel anytime without penalty. My business is now closed. When I called last week to cancel my merchant account as it had been basically inactive for about 6 months other than paying the fees. I was told that my account automatically renewed for a 3 year term last April and if I wanted to cancel I would be charged $495 and if I didn't pay it I would be turned over to collections. I tried to work my way up the chain of command. I was LIVID. I have yet to receive a return phone call. Apparently in my statements which I got in June I received a piece of paper with the new terms and conditions in it. I hadn't been opening statements as the account wasn't being used. I found the paper and buried in what is about 6 point font in the middle of the document is a statement that talks about auto renewal. So unethical and a scam as far as I am concerned. I have 7 years worth of statements and paid every payment to them without fail. This is a case of bait and switch. This bank should be shut down. The customer service is non existent.

When I called to cancel every other aspect of my merchant account (Amex, Discover, the gateway) all of them were easy to work with and canceled my account with no questions other then why was I closing my account.

This "business" is a scam. Be VERY careful of who you choose to open Merchant Accounts with. Work with your local banks even though it may cost you a little more. I will also be trying to figure out how to contact Visa and MasterCard directly to cancel my accounts and file a complaint with them about Woodforest.

• Pw
    pwrslm23 Sep 27, 2017

@Otter22 They did the exact same thing to me. They waited 3 years after the account was closed, and turned the account over to SKY COLLECTION agency and re-dated the cancellation fee.

• Th
    the schnif Feb 07, 2011

I just switched from a long time merchant provider to another I had used in the past so I was fresh on terminology. I got a random call from Wood Forest wanting to quote me. I put him off for a month and am glad I did because I'll be forwarding this page to him if he doesn't understand why I don't want his services. THIS is what the internet is for IMHO.

• Ra
    Ravenray Jul 01, 2011

I work for woodforest and I see all day long how they open accounts with fake or invalid SS#, addresses, and names. They know when they verify apps that this info provided by some new customers is invalid but open the accounts anyway. Its all about the money. They also order personal and buisness checks for customers that are extreamly in the negative or whose accounts are about to be closed. If I had a buisness and someone was using a woodforest debit card or check to purchase a product or service from me I would be very nervous.

• Op
    opatka May 25, 2017

I am a small business owner who was solicited by a representative from Woodforest National Bank
    credit card processing. I was lied to and in a five year contract with a lease for a credit card machine. All of the hidden fees and the lease of the machine cost me a lot of money . I called several times to tell this company about there representative who out right lied to me they seem to have no problem with this.That tells you right there what kind of bank they are lying thieves to put it gently. PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS BANK

• Woodforest Customer Service May 25, 2017

@opatka We’d really like the opportunity to correct the situation. If you’ll send us an email to [protected]@woodforest.com with your contact information, we’ll get in touch with you shortly.

[email protected] Nov 05, 2017

@opatka Need a credit card

• Le
    Lenore Zur Welle Dec 15, 2017

Merchant, don't give up! It took me about 6 months and I got every penny they stole from me back! Over $3200.00! Worth the fight and it can be done! Want to give anyone out there with the same issue a word of encouragement!

• Da
    Davidnlaura Jul 27, 2018

Never have we felt so violated and cheated by a merchant service. their phone recording says they are dedicated to our success and to providing exceptional customer service. very dissatisfied with the way they treat small family run business. stealing food from the tables of struggling businesses!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices