Woodforest National Bankbad service

My wife received two ups next day air packages from two individuals within the united states. The envelopes contained american express travelers cheques in $500.00 denominations. The money was suppose to be from individuals purchasing paintings within the us. I took the first of the american express travelers cheques to woodforest national bank located on camp bowie before they closed and moved the branch somewhere else. The young lady who waited on me took the cheques and checked them for the water mark. She found the marks and commenced to cash the cheques. She cashed the cheques and never said a word to me about the cheques being fraud. She never did call the american express office to check and see if the cheques were fraudulent. Later in the day, she called me and informed me that the cheques were fraudulent and that I would have to pay the $3, 000.00 back to woodforest national bank. I informed her that she had checked the water marks and located them that is why she cashed the cheques. Now I have trs recovery threating me that if I don't not make the payment to woodforest national bank that my credit would show that I cocerced the money from woodforest and that I would never be able to open up another bank account anywhere in the us from banks that used telechek systems. I feel as though the young lady that cashed the checks, ok'd the checks and that woodforest should have to take responsibility for the checks.

• Updated by Junniper · Dec 04, 2019

I need the statement

• Ju
    Junniper Dec 10, 2019

I need my bank statement from January till I switch bank wont give them to me

• Va
    Vanester simmons Oct 14, 2019

Lyft was not supposed to charge me for 4 charges in the amount off 19.28
    10.21 and 13.32 I've tried calling and email no one has answered there were not post to take any money out of my account I never good any goods

• Ms
    Ms. Aldukhil Oct 08, 2019

Every time I come into this Woodforest on this Montgomery texas Bank the representatives have this highfalutin attitude and I told the girl after we were done with the transaction thank you and she didn't say you're welcome she didn't acknowledge me she just kept her eyes down I'm like I wasn't even there.

• Wi
    Williamchris79 Jul 27, 2019

I opened my account yesterday, I waited the 24 hrs this morning I had to change my passcode on the automated system now it says it's not the right passcode now my pin won't work at atms. It says I changed my pin but I didnt I changed the passcode or the pass key over the automated system.

• Gl
    GLR53 May 28, 2019

worst customer service!! Including mgn. 1st of mos. ago i dep.
    a check from my late father's estate and i understand there's a hold, however the teller over dru my account, then went to the bank a cust greeted me not teller or MGM. then today, got money out of atm asked for 5, 100 Bill's teller says dont know if I have any OMG
    .wow..!! sad

• Mi
    Michelle Broom Apr 02, 2019

I'm about to find another bank someone was using my card i disputed the charges they tell me i have to wait 45 to 60 days before i hear anything ‼️Which is unacceptable but my other bank put the funds back within 2 days i really need to find a bank

• Di
    Dijiah123 Oct 23, 2018

I just want someone to help get my money back and these overdraft fees. I've talked to several people and have got no help. They took two of checks. I have 9$ in my account. I'm about to lose my job. I haven't used my card but 3 times. If I can't get my money back I will be suing y'all & wont be banking with y'all ever again!!

Comments
    Comments

[email protected] Sep 02, 2018

So I called and asked why I had to pay an extra $150 dollars to get my account back and they said it's in the terms and conditions...ok so now I have $0 on a paycheck I have not even received and then they lie and say they help the community...how if you just basically told my kids [censored] Christmas

• Du
    duh? Mar 15, 2009

Its her problem, not the bank's

• Sc
    schuqueen Feb 06, 2009

OMG... I had the same thing happened to me too. I sold my LV purse on ebay for $599 and the person sent me $3000 in money order. Of course at first I thought this person was being generous or something, but I never have that kind of "luck"... this guy that sent it to me was "good" but not good enough... although the money order looked ligit, the perforation was uneven and than account # on the MO was also uneven from the rest... I even called the company and I was told that the serial # on the MO was already cashed for that amount... the fake name he used to sign was "David Bradley"... be ware! Call the company before cashing... who in the right mind would send more money than what is being asked for the product, especially $2500 more...LOL crazy world! I am sure glad I double checked that MO! Oh and I even called the company he used the Fedex account to overnight the envelope- I found out he even stole some company's FEDEX account to ship things out (some lumber company in California is being victimized)... just be ware... I did report this to the FBI...

-J

• Ca
    carla Nov 20, 2008

Well duh u genius...if you got a random $3000 check and were foolish enough to cash it that sounds like your own stupid problem

• Te
    TE Nov 17, 2008

I too found myself in a similar situation. I was selling an item on ebay and someone sent me money orders for 3 times the amount that I was asking. Of course immediately I knew this was not right so I called the company that the money orders were supposedly from and they quickly told me that they were fraudulent. If you had called AE yourself they should have been able to tell you that the checks were fraudulent and save you the all of this trouble. Good luck.

• Kj
    kj Sep 23, 2008

Just like with any other bank, you have good and bad employees.
    The goal with any bank, including Woodforest is to hire people with previous banking experience. And no the monthly incentive/pay bonus that you are speaking of has nothing to do with giving back NSF fees. The bank does take a chance with individuals that have left owing another bank. But, traditional banks can get those same people. Especially, if the report does not show up on checksystems yet.

• Kp
    KP Sep 21, 2008

well, the truth is that you are responsible, and you would be no matter where you banked. If you don't pay it back, you wouldn't be at fault in a 'fraudulant way', only in a 'you overdrew your account and need to pay it off way'.' If you were the originator of the bad checks, well that's fraud.
    ...however, the complaints you have about the bank in general are very truthful. The problem with the bank is that they hire people who have no banking experience and then neglect to train them properly. I find it sad that a bank would claim to be the 'originiator' of 'second chance checking' would take advantage of people who already show that they don't know how to operate an account, which is why they have bad credit, and then take absolutely no time to educate them on how to operate an account, especially their MC check card. Most people with good credit don't actually understand how visa or mc check cards works..
    wouldn't it be something if they took the time to help people in these situations, by teaching them how to operate their account properly, and help them to fix their credit.Once their credit is restored they could make their profits on loans, credit cards, investments etc, the way that honest banks do.But that is not how they operate. When you work their, the object is to open as many accounts as humanly possible. I asked the gal if they had overdraft protection and she remarked 'no one ever qualifies for it'..that is why they have 'priveledge pay' after one month.. they make it sound like they are doing you a favor, but it actually that they know 'needy people' will use this right away when they are short on cash... but because they don't know how to manage their money, never are able to pay it back, and are stuck in the revolving negative balance mode which equals lots of NSF Fees for the bank. Truth is every bank offers this but they revoke it if you abuse it...and they don't tell you that it's there. It's there so that if you are a good account owner they will allow the odd overdraft incase you goofed up but they know you will straighten it out as soon as you are able. Also, if you don't straighten it out promptly and you are overdrawn a certain number of days..they will freeze your account until you pay it off, or charge it off..But they don't wait for you to get to 1000.00 dollars overdrawn before they do that.
    What Woodforest actually does is 'count on' those people to screw up and make huge profits from all the NSF fees that they occur, don't forget the 3 dollar fee every day that they charge any over drawn account, every day, after being overdrawn for 8 days. Each branch has an expense report for NSF charges which they are alotted a certain amount to refund a month. The branch manager can go over, but the goal is to stay under...(just like any other bank)...so he/she gets their monthly incentive pay(bonus)
    so...no, an experienced teller in a bank may not have known that the check was fraudulant, but hopefully they would be more professional and not treat you like a criminal. You are the victim of the bad check. Just like the cashier who had no experience and didn't know it was fraudulant, neither did you.

• Bo
    bob Sep 14, 2008

I agree with the previous post. There is much more to a check than just a watermark and if a bank allows you to deposit the check or cashes it for you, you are still responsible for the money if it bounces. Remember...checks are only a piece of paper promising to pay.

• Sl
    SLD Aug 28, 2008

lol. That's ridiculous. You're responsible for the checks you present. You got 3000 dollars. You should just return the money. You got free money in the mail and didn't question it? That's just plain stupid. You shouldn't have spent they money without knowing the checks cleared. Get some common sense. You got money from fraudulent checks. Pay the money back, return what you bought. Everyone is trying to get money for nothing, if you present a fraudulent check, even if you didn't know it was fraudulent, you're responsible if it bounces. Go after the guy who sent you the check, not the bank. It's not the banks fault you got scammed. The check was obviously a pretty good scam. But you can return whatever you bought. She told you the SAME DAY. You're just trying to get something for nothing.

• Kr
    Kristen Aug 27, 2008

We got very bad service today from these people. I hope this bank is exposed for the fraud it is.