Woodforest National Bank Logo

Woodforest National Bank

Having problems with Woodforest National Bank?

1877 968 7962 (Customer Service)
+1 832 375 2000 (Houston)
+1 888 247 4204 (Check Verification)
25231 Grogan's Mill Road
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 7889, The Woodlands, TX 77387-7889

Locations

Complaints & Reviews

pending/rearranging order of posted transactions

I've had major issues with woodforest holding every single debit card transaction in a pended status for 5-7...

check cashing

I was an employee at Woodforest National Bank for 3 years. I left for a better opportunity at another...

overdraft fees daily

I accidentally swiped the wrong atm card. I have one with WoodForest and one with my other nack and they are...

tied up $3k of my money

Long story. Their mistake but were reluctant to do anything. My unemployment goes into an account that I...

5 comments Ebensburg Banks

Resolved poor customer service

I went into the bank on a monday evening around 4pm and I needed some stamps. I was informed that I could not...

Resolved excessive fees

I opened an account at Woodforest Bank for convience. That was by far one of the worst mistakes I have ever made. My SS Disability check is deposited directly in to this account. Why would a gvoernment check be listed as"pending. Because of this my check is only $812.00, I was hit with over $500. in overdraft fees and charges. for someone that lives on a fixed income that is a very big blow. I do hope eventually some agency will step in and put a stop to this.

FactJack Mar 16, 2009

No agency will stop this. This is a federally regulated institution just like any other bank. Have you talked to the bank? I work for another bank and even though your check is direct deposited, it can still be listed as pending and was more than likely in your available balance. Ask your bank for a refund.

fake money

Well to start off with my husband and I got our tax refund check. We went to the bank in walmart and cashed...

Resolved holding old checks personal and other bank checks

I have put in this bank several checks from other banks [not other people accounts but from the bank it self] and they put them on a 7 to 14 day hold. Why so long. It took the pony express only 5 to 7 adys to delever mail from saint louis to calif. And they had to fight indians and the weather and dead hourses to get it there on time. The bank cant get a ck oked in less than 7 to 14 days? Isnt this the electronic age. Also dont they have telephones to talk to each other. Like hello this in woodfrest and I was just wondering if the check [[protected]] is a good check that you wrote. Can you wire the money so I can get the money to my coustomer. Thank you I will be expecting the wire in about 1 hour and I can deposit it into their account today. It might not be that easy but it isnt college material to be able to do something like that.

FactJack Mar 01, 2009

Your account could be too young (less than 30 days) or the checks could be above your minimum daily average balance. Also, checks written to you are a PROMISE to pay, NOT A GUARANTEE!!! I work for another bank and have to say that if your account was less than 3 months old and you brought me $1900 worth of checks with an average daily balance of ($300) (that's negative btw), I'd put them on hold too! Also, holds are determined by the federal government, NOT THE BANK. Most banks send digital photos of your items to be processed. These items have to go to the Federal Reserve, then to the issuing bank, then BACK to the Federal Reserve, then back to your bank. You should feel blessed that they put your checks on hold because if they didn't and they all charged back, you'd complain about them not closing an overdrafted account. So, you just seem to be unhappy that a bank did you a favor.

canadian Mar 07, 2009

clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. holds get placed for 2 reasons. new accounts or you have a history of depositing bad checks, id guess with your lack of research and ignorance that its the latter. additionally, banks these days wont verify funds because of privacy laws... and wires can only be initiated by the customer sending the money. get a ###ing clue before you complain

John Apr 21, 2009

Hey TiredOldMan, that's true about the time scale, but not true for processing through the Fed system and the other bank plus the dispute period. For a good check that will clear, it may clear in a day or two from their bank. BUT For a bad check, it will take at least that long plus an additional 24 hour dispute period, plus an additional 1-2 days for the bank to be notified that it wasn't a good check. For out of state items, it just takes that much longer up to about 5 days each way, so they use 11 days. They don't base the timescale off the good checks, but off how long it takes for a bad check. Unfortunately, they have to hold every check without recourse just in case. You can always take the check to the bank it's drawn off of to skip the Fed system and find out immediately if it's good or not. Otherwise, that's just part of the system and it's frustrating. But remember - it's not just WNB that holds checks, every bank does.

John Apr 21, 2009

Oh sorry, about the "just call the other bank" thing - that has to do with the privacy policies in place at all banks. Here's why:

Would you feel comfortable if I was able to just call up your bank, say I was with Wells Fargo, and ask what your balance is to know if a check will clear?

Probably not. So tellers can't just call and ask, because anyone could. Again, that's an issue with the banking system, not with WNB.

SKIP THE FED SYSTEM and take the check straight to the bank it's drawn off of - if there's a branch around. They know about their accounts and can check funds/cash items instantly. If you take the cash to WNB, you won't have any issues.

former employee

I recently ended my employment with wnb. I could not believe the astronmical fees that they charge!!! I was not familiar with the bank when I accepted a job there. It remined me of a check cashing place. All of the fees went up in february so consummers beware. I cannot believe how much paperwork they give you when you open a new account. I have never seen so much "small print". I couldn"t take the way the employees treated and talked to customers. I abruptly left. Wnb is no place to work if you think you are going to work at a real bank !!!

John Doe Mar 01, 2009

In today's context, I cannot understand what you think a real bank would be. How many billions/trillions of dollars of national debt were imposed on future generations of taxpayers to bail out the financial system? As far as I know, Woodforest did not stand in line to ask for a single penny. As a matter of fact, the government is now punishing Woodforest for doing nothing wrong when you consider that bailouts of failing institutions stops Woodforest from entering the fair market and claiming the newly opened market share that would exist without the bailouts.

I am a current employee and I hope to retire from Woodforest. I have no right to represent the bank's response to your grievance, but I feel you have made a poor choice to quit a job at a stable bank that will certainly survive the next waves of bailouts that have not even made the news, yet.

Of course a bank cashes checks. What is so bad about a bank that reminds you of a check cashing place? You lost me. I would like to clarify that Woodforest is not a payday advance company. That idea was fully explored up to the point of nearly being deployed. As far as I know, it is now a dead idea that will never happen at Woodforest. I think that is a shame because payday advances help many people despite the bad public image people have in their minds.

Woodforest bankers have always been very nice and willing to work with customers who find themselves in trouble. I never saw any public banker treat a customer rudely. I think you may not have been understanding the tools Woodforest has available to help a customer in trouble. Woodforest is willing to work with any customer who gets into trouble with negative balances and often stronger customer relationships are born from this.

Short of the government offering a trillion dollar "Checking Overdraft Fee" bailouts, I don't know what more you can expect... except perhaps a more consumer friendly posting practice for events where postings collide at the same time. In my opinion, every bank has a funny way to post events that hit at the same time. If Woodforest marketed a way for smallest amounts to post before the larger amounts, customers would flood to Woodforest to open accounts.

Woodforest is private and employee owned. The valuation of the stock is artificially depressed in sympathy to the publicly traded peer group. You just surrendered your employee right to purchase undervalued shares of a strong company that is surviving a global economic crisis.

It takes time and growth of the Woodforest market share footprint to release the corporate oversight of POS, ATM, mortgages, and financial services to the individual branch managers. I feel secure that Woodforest is choosing to operate within the proven business model during this time of economic upheaval.

• Br
    Brentley1 Mar 09, 2009

I am also a current WNB employee. I must say that you were probably unfamiliar with the systems we have in place to help customers who are in need while overdrawn, which compared to other banks would be extremely frowned upon. We help our customers to a degree that no other bank could possibly offer(at least to my knowledge). I started with no experience with the bank as well, and now that i look back over my year and a half of employment with WNB i greatly appreciate what i have been able to help customers from all walks of life with. I am always learning more, and it has been an incredible ride. I love everyone i have worked with, and work with to this day. They have helped me learn so much in work and as a person and i thank them all for their time. They have helped me grow as an employee and thanks to them my ability to serve customers has grown. From flipping burgers to changing lives. This is something that i cherish the most about my job. At times i do get tired of standing all day, as well as marketing alot, but i realize just how lucky i am to have a solid job in these times of economic crisis. I deal with some of the most kind hearted people around, as well as people who care about nothing and are rude and yell at me. But hey it's a bank.. what do you expect? =] Well i heard about this place on the net about us and thought i would check it out. I am glad i did. I hope you have found your way to an easier position somewhere else. I just wanna give everyone with WNB a huge pat on the back, and say i respect everything you do. I know how hard we work. After all we do it all on our own. Balancing our own vaults, Work, Running work, marketing, opening accounts, meeting goals, deadlines, helping difficult customers and everything else we put up with... Congrats and keep on keepin on with the great work. Look how far Woodforest has come! and with our continued hard work and support, all while going the extra five miles in banking, who knows how far we will go! My name is Brentley West Everett. And i am a proud employee of WOODFOREST NATIONAL BANK! Thank you all and i wish you the greatest life has to offer.

• Sl
    SLD May 23, 2009

This sounds to me like a disgruntled customer posing as an ex bank employee. Either that or they have no previous experience at all with banks. The "small print" isn't so small. It's what, about 1o pages of information? A few of the pages have 1-2 sentences about safety, there's your "signature card" which is your agreement to open the account, there's the page explaining the overdraft system, again no small print... in fact the employees even sit there for 10-20 minutes going OVER the disclosures and highlighting them. So, I think this person is mistaken. Woodforest is the most upfront bank I've seen when it comes to fully disclosing the fees and explaining the "fine print"

sawleh Jul 19, 2009

best bank ever... 24/7 no hidden fees or anything
    sawleh

cab2012 Feb 24, 2011

i have been banking with woodforest since 98, at which time i came to work for them contract for video production projects. Though I was not a salaried employee, they treated me as if I was. The only thing I wish I had was the profit-sharing and 401K. In the two years I worked from them, many employees retirement plans were set. They have been the best bank I have worked with. The fact they stay open later and even some 24 hour locations shows they care about their customers who can not get to the bank during normal hours. I am not naive, of course there is profit motivation, but that comes when customers word of mouth brings in new customers about their service. I have never had a complaint about their service in 14 years. They even fully refunded my account after 4 transactions were made from ATM location I had never been to. The bank they allowed the transactions never investigated, and woodforest ponied up the whole loss, from which the other bank was technically liable for. That was many years ago, and since then I have been a steadfast loyal customer long after I stopped working for them.

And J. Doe is correct in his analysis, it was as outright injustice that was perpetrated on not only the consumers, but the small financial systems, that did not need a penny but saw how the "Fair Market" really works.

And whats with the all caps thing? That is very annoying, probably as bad as my grammar and punctuation.

• Fu
    fullermd78 Jan 25, 2012

I am a previous employee of WNB and a current account holder. My departure from the bank was personal and not professional. WNB is a great bank and offer many products that work FOR the customer. The disclosures, as far as WNB trains, are to be discussed and explained at lengths for the sole purpose and benefit of the customer. How many times has an idividual walked into a major bank, opened an account and the disclosures explained so thoroughly? How about fees discussed with the customer? WNB employees are trained to be customer oriented...to provide exceptional customer service. WNB's fees are not outrageous, not "hidden'. If you truly want to know what kind of bank they are, walk into any branch and ask the customers...talk with the retail bankers or even the manager. I'm sure any of them would be more then happy to "enlighten" you how things are run with WNB.

Resolved company lies continually

it has tanken over 22 days for them to send a replacement debit card. when I ordered it I was told 7 days then when I called to see why it was not here I was told 10 days. 10 days come and go and still no card I was told that they would send one express mail to the branch and be there the next business day and here it is 3 days later and still no card. Plus there are an increasing number of local business who are not taking their checks even one of the walmarts wont take their checks and the banks are in walmart

FactJack Mar 01, 2009

Walmart does not own this bank. That bank is like McDonald's - a private vendor inside a public building. You shouldn't get angry because Walmart won't take their checks. You should also understand that it takes time to send things via mail these days and it can take up to 72 hours to "express mail" a debit card and that doesn't even include the financial hit that that bank took so you could get your debit card that fast.

Angry customer Apr 07, 2009

I do agree that Woodforest Bank is a joke. I also had a bad experience with this so call bank. I had to stand in line for about 45 minutes to deposit money in my own account just to later find out that my deposit was posted to the wrong account. The management there is very unknowlegeable about customer service and banking procedures. The manager appear to think that everything was funny and tried to be humorous about the situation. I was outraged!!

AngryAmerican Sep 14, 2009

Is there really such a word as "tanken". Ive noticed that most of these complaints are from people who can't even spell or form a simple sentence. Nice.

• Je
    jessica149 Jan 25, 2011

aaa.

ok to the person above me, have u never made a spelling mistake while typing? I really don't think u should be commenting on spelling. You aren't perfect so sit down and shut up! I personally signed up with Woodforest last week and so far everything seems fine. Just waiting to get my debit cards in the mail. The lady did tell us that we would only be charged an annual fee for one card but we have been charged for both. No biggy because I need this account regardless. It would be way more expensive if it were a credit card!

• Si
    simbott Jul 31, 2011

i have the same issue. also, they dont' take a financial hit. they don't express mail it for free, of course. the charge is 55 dollars. i think the american banking system right now is rather primitive. they don't have much options and sensitive mail like debit or credit cards should have tracking. it is pathetic.

here is the stupid kicker. they send out debit cards with pin numbers first class but they won't send it out express mail which even has better security or tracking even when you pay for it to a home residence. they only send it to the branch. what backward totally illogical idiocy. i swear, who makes these idiotic rules?

Resolved atm took money out of my acc never recive

I used my debit card to withdraw 800.00 dollars out of atm it only gave me 340.00dollars ;but it took the whole $800.00 off my card an no body in the bank newwhat todo thats sad I am out 460. Oo dollars something need to be done about this asap bank loc goldsboro nc spence ave please call me at [protected]

Resolved excessive fees

The last time I used the account (12/1/08) that I had for this bank, I had $11.35 in the account. Apparently, due to some fault of my own, a couple of transactions went through, and I was charged $32 in od fees for those transactions. I had no problem with that. My problem came when today I looked at my account balance and it was - $312! The bank charges a $3 fee every day that the account is negative. As of february 1st, the fee went up to $5 every day. I don't know what kind of bank does that to its customers, especially in such a bad economic time. Maybe they feel this is the way to do business. I called the bank and told them that I am only willing and able to pay the $117 in payments and overdraft fees that were originally caused by the transactions that went through. They told me they were only willing to settle at $160. You know, I may just pay the $160 and let it go. The bank is terrible, and the convenience of being inside of a wal-mart does not make up for the amount of fees they charge. No matter how low the amount of your original overdraft was, you will end up with $150 in fees each month if you are not careful. I don't need a bank that I have to babysit with the fear of excessive fees. This is ridiculous.

• Ar
    arieschick Mar 07, 2009

I agree. On 12/31/08, we had an authorized withdrawal from our account for "early cancellation" of a cable service. We cancelled it because of going down to one income and cable is a luxury. ANYWAY, $843 was taken out of the account. On 12/31/08, I was up at the bank explaining the situation. The branch manager said to take out the rest of the money, open a 2nd account and that the "pending" transaction of $843 would not be approved but we would still have to pay the $32 OD fee. I was cool with that. So we opened the 2nd account and the $843 DID go through. So now, the 1st account is negative $855 since we left $20 in there to keep it open and we can not use our 2nd account (that the branch manager suggested we do) because any money that goes into that account will be pulled over into the 1st account. On January 15th, we started getting hit with the $3 a day OD fee, then on February 1st, $5 a day OD fee. By the time our tax refund hit (as of today, 3/7/09, we still haven't seen the cable refund check) the 2nd account, $1, 157.36 was taken out of the 2nd account and put in the 1st account. I called the branch manager and she told me that she could "only" help me with $189.00 in reimbursement of all the fees that they charged me with. So in the end, I ate $125.36 worth of fees. I guess they feel that the only way THEY can stay in business during these hard economic times is to jerk around the little guy. It was all my mistake though. I was just going by what the branch manager was telling me to do. She's the experienced financial person in this situation. Right?

• Wo
    woody Mar 21, 2009

I too became OD by my own fault but they have charged me with so many fees I will never see daylight again. Can they do this? They call several times a day. I am afaraid to call them back they will charge me. What can be done? I am afraid of my own bank.

• Da
    dallasblue Apr 15, 2009

I am a former police officer in Texas who was seriously injured in the line of duty and was totally disabled for several years. I was finally able to get back to a job and start getting on my feet after relocating from Dallas to East Texas. I opened a checking account at a WoodForest Bank inside the Wal-Mart in Canton, Texas and recieved a MasterCard Debit Card with my account. I used this card a few times and thought I'd found a conveinent bank to help rebuild my life. I had to have a lab test done at a local emergency room and paid my $20 copay with my debit and had plenty of money left I thought. I went to deposit a check in the lobby a few weeks later and was told my check would be held and that I had $136. in overdraft and daily $5. fees because my debit from the ER was $1. over the balance, apparently because a previous debit hadn't been processessed for a couple of weeks and it gave a a false balance for a while. I couldn't believe the exorbitant fee's this bank charged and continues to charge daily. They refused to credit my account and insist they mailed notices which I have yet to recieve. When I asked the main office if they had any way of verifying the notices were mailed they informed me that they could not, that it was suppose to be an automatic mail generatied from a seperate office in another state. I'm a licensed, armed peace officer and would think they'd appreciate my presence in their banks a liitle more. I am in the process of filing a court action in local court of jurisidiction in hopes of getting a temporary restraining order to stop the fees and have the people I've spoken with subpoenaed to prove that I was notified. Since my story was a big event in Dallas when I was injured the Dallas papers and tv did stories and reporters I know are in the process of helping me find local television and news sources who may want to do a human interest story regarding the numerous complaints and unfair fees charged by this bank. I encourage anyone who has been wronged by this bank to do the same, including taking legal action. If a lawyer can not be found I suggest you file in local JP court for a restraining order to stop the fees and force the bank to pay for their employees and lawyers to answer in court, and more than likely have these fees reversed and damages paid to you in compensation. They do not count on the general public to do this. Bad publicity and court fees are something that will not go unaddressed by the banking industry. Understand that the burdon of proof in civil court is much more laxed than in a criminal proceeding. In a civil proceeding all you have to do is present enough evidence in court to tilt an imaginary scale of justice in your favor even 1%. Imagine two balanced scales and one has 49% of weight in evidence and the other 51%. The 51% tilts the scales and thats who wins. Evidence is anything presented before the court with relevance to the case. Document everything; list converstaions, names, dates and times, fees, statements, witnesses, hardships caused by their actions...its all evidence. Chances are they won't bother and you'll when by default and they may even be arrogant enough to ignore the court decision and fail to obey the court orders which will open the door for you to file additional actions and win higher damages from future litigation. If you have toplay their greedy game play it at a good ballpark, a court of law.

• Ro
    Rosesmommy Apr 23, 2009

To be honest look around at other banks for their overdraft fees. Woodforrest is actually nicer than most. I had an account through another magor bank (Busey) and they charged $38.00 for an overdraft and $8.00 a day continual overdraft after the 1st day of overdraft. There fees are outlined on the initial paperwork and even if a charge has not gone through thats 3 weeks old that's not there fault and you should be keeping track of how much you take out of your account...to make sure that your not a victim of any identity theft or fruad. Or overdraft your account. It's not the banks fualt for how long it takes for a withdrawl to go through your account. I was an order processor and can tell you most company's do a pre-auth to make sure the funds are there and then they settle their accounts. If your ordering something that has to be sent it should take longer for the charge to go through becuase they shouldn't do the full charge until the item manifests for shipping. Then the charge would be submited that night. These are all things to be taken into account when banking. Choose a bank with diffrent fee rates and dates or one where your savings is an auto back up. But you signed the paperwork when you opened the account.

noname nonameous Feb 12, 2010

Our bank is 1st Convience Bank in Texas and they charge 34.95 for OD fee plus $2.50 a day for every day you are od after 5 days.

• Do
    Dorothy M Garrett Mar 28, 2010

I am sorry to say, but I feel that you peoples know that these $5.oo aday is too much especially for disable peoples that is on montly income, I realize that we have to pay the insuffient charge, whuch is $34.00 for a charge but how can you pay $5.00 aday when you only get paid once a month, just this month 03-03-2010. I had three withdrawal fron unidentified companys that I had know way of even knowing these people, and they drew three different withdrawal on my account with out my permission and without my knowledge. causing me a tripple charge on my account, plus these $5.00 charges, that I should not be liable for, because, they was not all returned. and refunded. one check was for 19.95+34.00 another was $49.95 +34.00 and another $23.96 +34.00 a total of $205.86. plus these $5.00 was still being charged.I had a 90.00 and a 10.00 check in plus two 34.00 charges making a total of $168.00 I deposit $174. on the 03-03-10.on the 03-03-10 a $105.25 came in. making a total of $139.25.only after 03-11-2010, when the $5.00 aday should have started there is know way that I owe for 38 days. as your clerk stated.I made a deposit on the 03-03-10 and there is not 38 days in a month/ so I know some of these refunds was not refunded and somebody did not turned in those rebuttles and give me credit for them. this is my complaint, you peoples know that this is wronge, but I will leave this with you [God is not sleep he knows, and he sees. your family or home just maybe next. God Bless you:Missionary Dorothy M. Garrett
    Center, TX Woodforest national Bank Wal/Mart

Resolved tellers with criminal records

One of their tellers is on probation for prostitution. Management has been notified and does nothing. I dont...

Resolved identity theft

I opened a small account at Woodforest, inside a Wallmart for the convenience of not having to go from my...

Resolved being fired for doing what was right

I started with Woodforest National Bank in Feb. 2007. I loved my job. Customers are great. I love to help...

Resolved charged me $3.00 a day overdraft fees

I used Woodforest Bank because my employer paid our wages through a payroll card through the bank. I stopped working at the company and the maintenance fees made my account overdrawn. For 7-8 months Woodforest bank consistently charged me $3.00 a day totalling $750.00 in overdraft fees. I have tried to close the account several times (because I am unemployed) but they tell me to pay the fees before the account can be closed. So they keep charging me $3.00 a day. This is a scam. Never do business with this bank. They will rip you off with bogus fees.

• john7777 Feb 19, 2009

Really?? because BB&T is worse about overdraft fees.

• Ha
    hadenough Feb 19, 2009

They have done the same thing to me! Mind you, this was not a check I wrote, but an automatic debit that could have been refused. Oh, and you are have to love this! I was told when I opened the account that if it was ever overdrawn just come in and they would work out a repayment agreement. So I did. I was told that the amount I was overdrawn was too little. The minimum repayment amount was $50.00 per month and I would have it repaid too quickly! I am not kidding! Later I went to the bank, now with twice the balance due, the branch manager told me that Yes that is the policy. So I asked if they had racked up enough in fees for me to qualify for the repayment plan now. He told me "Sorry, the repayment plan is no longer available due to tax season! Since people will now have money, there were not offering the repayment plan anymore!" I cannot close the account! They continue to charge me $3 per day and there is nothing I can do about it. I am an unemployed single mother. There is no way I am taking out $400 to repay a $130 charge. Any red cent I would give them comes out of my son's mouth. I will never repay anything more than $160 and they refuse to accept that. But prior to my leaving the branch, the manager assured me they would be there for me should I need them in the future! I could get better rates from a loan shark! No kidding!

FactJack Mar 01, 2009

As of recently, it's not the branch's decision to discontinue a particular product that is only offered to a select number of overdrawn accounts which they feel they can provide support for. The corporate office discontinued the program - don't blame the bank (the branches and employees received no notice that it was to be discontinued on January 1, 2009). Also, in that program, there are minimums because the company doesn't allow you to enroll in this program unless you are really overdrawn so, consider it a compliment that they wanted to work with you and not let the collections agency call you daily. Also, walking into a bank and saying that you refuse to pay more than a certain amount of money is a GREAT way for them to not help you; banks are not rigid unless you give them a reason to be rigid. I work for a bank and customers that come in with an attitude get no help while those who come in calm and prepared get all the help they need. Both of you should really read the disclosures given to you when you open the account because they outline the fees and when you sign the signature card, whether you've read the disclosures or not, you signed for the fees (SAME AT ANY BANK!!!).

In a nutshell, you signed for the fees, you agreed to them, then you racked them up. You overdrafted and you should pay for that because YOU SIGNED FOR IT. Carry a check register and balance your checkbook correctly and then a bank might help you IF you don't know what you're doing.

• Da
    dallasblue Apr 15, 2009

You know employees should point out the disclosures in great detail to customers but they rarely do. Try printing the disclosures in larger text and making that the selling point for your bank instead of trying to sneak them past a new customer. The next time u get stopped by a police officer and get a ticket friend, don't complain to me either. You should of known better bud. Have a nice day.

notnecessary May 12, 2009

Most banks won't even give you the courtesy of going over disclosures with you!!

And fyi: Services fees NEVER will have an NSF or OD fee attached to them. You have to have done something else with your account to go negative.

CandieB Jul 05, 2013

If people would just keep track of their accounts there would be no way for it to reach that high of a figure...

Resolved crooked b+1$#%ds

We want to close our account but we need to close it 30 days to the day of the one year anniversary or it will automatically renew for another year. They charge an early termination fee of $375 if you are one day ahead of the schedule. They are a terrible company.

FactJack Mar 01, 2009

Are you sure you have the right bank? I've never heard of them doing that...

• Du
    duh? Mar 15, 2009

what????

• Gi
    girlshuntwo Mar 29, 2009

what kind of account are you talking about? was it a C>D> they don't do that for checking or savings accounts...

AngryAmerican Sep 14, 2009

Wrong answer. Another loser who is just posting crap they cant back up. Fail.

• Om
    omg 4 real Nov 12, 2009

i recently lost my job with wnb, and hate them right now but i have to back them against this claim...hey dum dum--you get c harged $25 if you close your account before it has been open for 6 months...thats it, where ever you got your information it was wrong. contact customer care they will correct you on the fees that are assessed.

• Rd
    [email protected] Feb 11, 2010

I am a merchant and Woodforest solicited my credit card processing account. The service was less than I had with previous processors and when they did a poor job of returning my calls. When I called to cancel my account I was informed there is a $495 early termination fee. Since I mentioned I had another processing account they informed me that I had no choice, I was in breach of the contract I had with them and my account would be closed and they would bill my checking account (with another bank, there are no Woodforest banks in my state) the $495. I checked my contract and the fee was NOT in my contract. I closed my checking account to prevent them from billing the $495. I've faxed my copy of the contract to my attorney and we will see where it goes from here.

Reading the complaints (all over the internet) concerning Woodforest bank, I see many of them are in Walmart stores in Texas. Why not organize a campaign calling Walmart complaining about Woodforest? Perhaps even getting disgruntled Woodforest customers along with their friends and families to boycott or picket in front of the Walmart stores where these banks are located. This isn't about the economic impact from the individuals involved in the boycott/picket. It's about getting the publicity! That's what will bring about change. They don't want their image tarnished on the 6:00 news.

• Pe
    peteradams Jun 03, 2011

I have had terrible experience with the b)*%&^% before closing my account. They really are the ### of the earth, tr

Resolved stole my money

Someone stole my checking account information and attempted to debit my account 32 times, I notified the bank...

Resolved will not close checking / lied / charge $25

Woodforest bank? free checking cost $9 open $995 mth $1250 debit card $ 1000 checks they suck liers thiefs/ I have o money for month and they charge for maintenance/ I have no income they will not close checking/ they want 25 dollars for application to close checking. stupid they called law on me and they are the crooks charging money to a o checking to make a negative and will not close. It will cost over 70 dollars and the checks are not good even in walmart store where bank islocated. This is crazy and stupid . they just want more money.

• john7777 Feb 19, 2009

Well did you ever think about looking into a bank that seemed to just pop up out of no where.

• Pu
    punkrawkd0rk Mar 03, 2009

Most banks have a clause on your application stating that if you close the account within so many days that you will be charged a fee for closing your account early. That is where the $25 will come from. Woodforest has a free checking account, with that checking account there is no monthly fee, but they do have a second chance checking account which has a $9 a month fee. I am sure you knew this when you signed the application. This is like any other bank, and well like most anything, always pay attention and read an application before you sign it :)

• Du
    duh? Mar 15, 2009

Why would you want to write Walmart a check if you have no money in your account? I don't know anything about Woodforest but it would seem from the complaints posted here that they do open accounts for stupid people.

• Th
    Threelittlbirds26 May 07, 2009

Well if you took the time to read, what you opened was a SECOND CHANCE CHECKING, not a free checking. Second Chance checking is for customers who have a hard time opening a chekcing account because they either wrtoe bad checks or owe another bank or financial instution money. There is a monthly service charge that isn't in fine print, it's actually printed in BOLD on the flyers they hand out to new customers, so not so sure how you missed that. And the debit card... That's $12 ONCE a year. Of course they are not going to close your account while it is in the negative! If they allowed that then people like you have no motivation to pay the money back! Everyone would just overdraw their account, spend money they don't have, and then close the account to keep from getting any other fees... Could it be that this is possibly just history repeating itself in your case Mr. or Mrs. Second Chance Customer?

• Th
    The Average Nov 07, 2019

People need to stop being rude. Clearly this person doesn't understand the account they opened, how banking works, etc. I once had to open a second chance bank account, and not because I defaulted on a bank account, but because I defaulted on a payday loan. So please calm down when thinking you know a person's situation. There is no need to make someone feel bad because they are not as knowledgeable about a topic as you are.

As far as Woodforest goes, they seem to be a descent bank. We bank with them currently and haven't had any issues. The only issue I have with them is that the savings account we have can only have 3 withdraws a month or it will charge you $2.00 per withdraw over. Most other banks I have banked with allow 6 before they charge, which is twice as much. Other than that, they are a good bank.

Let's stop with the "read the application" thing. No one is given proper time to actually read anything we sign now a days. The papers are summarized and then you are expected to sign almost instantly. I'm confident we all have signed things we didn't thoroughly read or get to read at all or basically had no choice but to sign.

excessive od charges

We were hit by Hurricane Ike on 9/13/08, as a result of this diaster, we are without power for 14 days now...