[Resolved] Woodforest Bankreported to telecheck

I am a former customer of Woodforest Bank and was pleased to be one due to my overdrawn account at the time with Wachovia. They did in fact give me a second chance and stated to me that they did not use telecheck to open any accounts or report to them. Back in 2007 I lost my job and my account had become overdrawan and was told that they would close my account but would give an opportunity to bring my balance to a zero balance and would work with me to make small monthly installments. The manager was supposed to send me a plan to help me bring this down but never did. I later found that Wachovia was willing to put me back on the right track and remove me from telecheck, since then I reestablished another account with another bank and started utilizing my checking account privileges and was not denied to write checks at different retail stores until recently. When I called telecheck to find out why, they told me that I was in there for Woodforest Bank . I was very upset because I know that the debt was not forgotten but I received no notification from them to make things right and was not given an opportunity to start making goood on an old debt. SECOND CHANCE?! I think not.

RESOLVED

• Woodforest Customer Service Aug 05, 2010

At Woodforest, we take every concern seriously and make every effort to resolve issues promptly. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. Please contact our Customer Care department at 877-968-7962 and ask to speak directly with the Regional Vice President over the branch. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices