Windstream Communications Logo

Windstream Communications

Having problems with Windstream Communications?

Windstream Communications reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 20, 2006. The latest review phone deposit not being returned was posted on Oct 28, 2021. The latest complaint internet was resolved on Oct 05, 2021. Windstream Communications has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 244 reviews. Windstream Communications has resolved 107 complaints.

Windstream Communications Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 347 1991 (Customer Service)
+1 800 481 5441 (Online Order Status)
+1 866 445 8084 (Order Support, Sales)
+1 800 537 7755 (Financial Services Department)
+1 855 439 2889 (Business Class Services)
+1 800 600 5050 (Enterprise Customer Support)
+1 866 375 6040 (Windstream Wholesale)
4001 N Rodney Parham Rd
Little Rock, Arkansas
United States - 72212-2442

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Windstream Communications Customer Service. Initial Windstream Communications complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Windstream Communications above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Windstream Communications. Discuss the issues you have had with Windstream Communications and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Windstream Communications Complaints & Reviews, Page 5

Windstreaminternet

I have been a customer of Sugar Land Telephone Co for almost 28 years.

This entity is now known as Windstream. Ever since the name change there has been unsatisfactory service all along. With internet the service now can only be described as unreliable and horrible.

The phone does not work many a time and internet gets disrupted anytime. My grand children have recorded speeds as low as 1. 6 instead of 50 that I was told I should get. I have now cancelled the auto bill pay after listening to lies and more lies even by Windstream supervisors in Customer Service.
I am 81 years of age and NOT very savvy with either filing complaints or recording all my dealings with Tech help or Customer Relations

I have no option left but to consider switching over to an alternative service provider

Windstream is a looser

Respond

Windstream CommunicationsI am complaining about the service or lack thereof

I am complaining about the service. I moved and contacted Windstream to transfer my phone service AND I added internet. I was told that it would be done on 3/23/2018. I took off work this day. I received a called that the time would be between 3-5. I waited until 5:51. I called them and the automation said it was still open. By 6:15 or so I called and it stated the order was completed but NO ONE came to my apartment. I was told that someone would come today but it would be after 12. My son has been here since 11:30; I came home for lunch at 12:15. At 12:38 I received a phone call that the order was complete to check my modem, etc. I have yet to see a technician. These guys ARE NOT coming to the apartment. I cannot keep taking off from work or even sitting around waiting for someone to show up and they don't! Now I'm being told it may be Wednesday before someone can come out.
    I would like to speak to a field supervisori. Texarkana, Texas regarding this matter and not to be continuously putting in an order for service only for no one to come out and do their job.

RESOLVED

It’s not resolved

Windstream Communicationsinternet/service

This company is full of liars! After being told I'd receive $100 credit and putting $100 down payment. My first bill was $110 and did NOT receive credit. After talking to 4-5 different people, NOTHING was done. They only gave me the initial persons number which I left several messages and were never returned. Then someone told me to cancel my service to sign up online and receive the credit...mind you I have already had my credit ran and paid $100 down. To boot, the service recommended 35 mbps for two streaming devices constantly lagging and messing up!!!

Windstream Communications — late charge for billing

Your ridiculous late fee of $1.05 and late fee service charge of $5 infuriates me every time I see it on my...

Windstream Communicationscorrect invoice does not show promised, credit due to $50. plus invoiced download speeds are twice what my actuals are.

1. Called Mark in Customer Service on 2-6. Agreed we have been getting billed for 75 MB but provisioned for 25MB. Agreed to process a $50 credit. New invoice due March 6 shows correct provisioning but but not the credit.

2. Called Customer Service on 2-22 and got Pam. Was helpful on credit issue, but had to get supervisor approval for the credit, then we would address the speed vs provisioning ongoing issues. Promised to call back.

3. Called Customer Service 3-1 and got Sammie. Suggested we go back through Pam. Sammie said she said she would call me back.

4. Called Customer Service 3-2 and got Anita. After a brief discussion, I suggested and she agreed we should call Pam. Left a message at 9:15 am CST today.

My goals are to pay my invoice on time by Mar 6 with correct amount including $50 credit due as promised, with no service interruption. I also want to closer align the speed I'm paying for (100 MB) with my actual speeds (48 MB is the daily high this month.

These should be routine problems to solve, but they are taking way too much of both of our time. Otherwise, the service is fine.

Account number [protected]. Name - Crystal Bauman. Current invoice amount $125.06

Windstream Communications — internet

Over the course of seven years you have been unable to keep the internet up & running!!! The last 3 day...

Morgantown

Windstream Communicationstelephone installation

Angela M. replied:
          Good Morning,

Unfortunately, I do not see an order for you at this time. Please contact Customer Care at [protected] to have the order placed for these services. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Angela M

Angela Marks
          Customer Service Rep Offline-C/SMB Operations
          Windstream Communications
          JAN 16, 2018 | 03:10PM EST
          Original message
          inbound wrote:

Hello,

I just called and spoke with Emily about adding a Landline to the account [protected]. Emily stated she would send an email stating the time of installation for 01.17.2018. However, I've yet to receive any email from her.

As I mentioned on the phone with Emily, I do not have a phone and need this installed as a bundle package with the Internet.

Can you look into this and let me know by email when installation is? Thank you,

Elgin

Emily did not place the order that I was informed by her that she would. She would be held accountable for her lack of professionalism. On January 23, 2018 The phone was finally installed. However, I have no long distance calling available. I was told by both Chris and Jamie at the customer service number that I had to wait 24 hours. Now, after more than 24 hours I still do not have long distance. I was informed today the order was not placed correctly and I have to wait until Long Distance calling is programmed into the system. Why, was this not done initially? I am waiting for the long distance and a credit from the time I had the service installed and the time I actually get the Unlimited Long Distance Calling.

Elgin

Windstream Communicationsphone

When I received incoming calls the phone would ring once and had such a loud crackling sound that I couldn't hear anything. I changed phones and that didn't make a difference so I called on January 15th and was told it would be fixed on the 17th my confirmation number was [protected] someone did come out and told me it was my phone I told him I already changed phones so he went out and walked around the house and said they would have to send a bucket truck, I never saw a bucket truck but on Jan 19th the crackling sound did improve a little by Jan 21st it came back worse than ever, now I can't receive any incoming calls and when I call out the crackling sound is so loud I can't hear anything. I called again on Jan 22nd, confirmation number [protected] and was told someone would be here between 1:30 and 5:30 on the 23rd no one showed up.
            I am 80 years old and NEED a phone. What do I need to do to resolve this matter, when I call all I seem to get is the run around

Windstream Communications — internet

Autumn Carr Blairsville, Georgia [protected] On 12/7/17 I put in a order and a day or so later I received...

Windstream Communicationssetting up service

I was contacted today about an order I submitted online for internet the service rep said I had to submit a certified copy of my social security card and my driver's licence. This is an outrageous request from this company. I do not give my social security card to anyone nor my I'd with all the scans and the saling of other people's information this to me feels like a violation of law. I have since cancelled my request for service and I have filed a complaint with bbb.

Windstream Communications — employee not doing their job

I called on September 29th to disconnect my internet service. My phone number for the account is [protected]...

Beatrice

Windstream Communicationsinternet

We had internet service for years with Windstream . When me and my wife split up she cancelled the service. I have been trying for the past month to get new service . The first appointment the tech never showed up on a Friday . Had to call them back on Monday to find out what happened. Which I had to reschedule an appointment. The closet appointment was 2weeks way . Now on the new appointment date, they still couldn't do my internet cause of no open lines . That should mean nobody in my area can get new service. I bet they will. Windstream has really disappointed me.

Respond

Windstream Communicationsinternet service; lies; horrendous customer service

On 11/21/2017 a Winstream technician arrived at my home to perform a complimentary "free" upgrade to our internet speed. This was a promotion that Windstream has been running recently. After 4 hours, the technician informed me that he was unable to get out internet back up and running and that he would have to return the following day. My husband and I had both taken off work to accommodate the technician on 11/21 and we were unable to take additional time from work to accommodate their error. I then called their troubleshooting/internet phone number, where I spoke with three different employees, who were all extremely rude and not helpful at all. Each of them kept saying they had no way of communicating with any of the technicians and offered no apology for the extreme inconvenience to us. I work remotely from home and was unable to work last evening and am still unable to work today due to their incompetence. The customer service representatives told us that we could not have our bill prorated for the inconvenience and repeatedly stated "I don't know what to tell you." I am extremely dissatisfied with their lack of professional courtesy. We had no prior issues with our internet until the technician arrived on 11/21 at approximately 4:00pm. I was also lied to last evening by Sheri and Lindsey, two representatives who said I would be able to reach a technician at 7:00am on 11/22. When I called, their automated voice message stated their office operates from 8:00am-5:00pm. I am requesting a refund of the entire month's bill for the inconvenience and also request that a technician arrive at my home today to resolve this issue in its entirety.

Windstream Communicationsinternet & telephone

We have internet - at 28/1.98, we put in an order Friday 11/17/2017 to upgrade to 50/4.
                    Got a phone call Saturday stating that the 'technician' would be out sometime from 8 am - 7:45 pm on 11/20 (which I confirmed).
                    Got ANOTHER call Sunday stating the 'technician' would be from 12:30p-4:30p on 11/20.
                    Got ANOTHER call Monday 11/20 stating the 'technician' would be here prior to 7:45 pm.
                    My husband stayed home ALL dat 11/20 just to meet up with the 'technician'. However, during the stated time, NO TECHNICIAN has shown up, our internet speed went down to 7/.88 and now we have NO caller ID.
                    I phoned it to see what was going on, the lady said our internet was down, which I told her no - it wasn't because we have TV, she said that's cable - no we use ROKU internet TV so no it's not down, she tested our lines and said it was down, and that's why our phone was down to - she then asked me to check for a dial tone - I informed her I was calling her from our home 'Windstream' number. She said a technician will be out on Wednesday to fix this issue. In the meantime, if we don't hear from the technician tonight to upgrade our service, then he'd be by tomorrow - Seriously?
                    You have a MONOPOLY on service in our area, and we have Always been with this company, and this is the stuff we get?

Respond

Windstream Communications — fraudulent calls with phone number on caller id is not the actual caller's number

My phone number: [protected] Many numbers calling are not actually from the number that shows up on the...

Young Harris

Windstream Communications — payments and services

The Internet/WIFI never worked through windstorm in the years that I had service. I would call and complain...

Windstream Communications — service and price

I have been having long outages of my internet all summer. Every time a tech came out they told me they found...

Windstream Communicationshow they lie to you about service

I hate Windstream they just lie to you about everything then when you call in about your services one customer service will tell you one thing then another one will tell you something easy they over charged you for everything the customer service has a nasty attitude towards you when speaking to them.When the storm came through and service was out for a long period of time they wouldn't even give me credit for that Windstream is the worst phone company ever if you don't have them please don't get them.

Windstream Communicationsdsl repair

I placed a repair request over the weekend and was told it would be scheduled during the week. I received an automated telephone call from Windstream on Tuesday night, letting me know the technician would be coming between 8-12 on Wednesday morning. I rearranged my schedule so I could be home during that time frame. During the morning, the wireless network appeared to be working better, so I called to confirm that the repair had been made (the technician hadn't been at the house yet). I was told that the technician was actually scheduled for 1-5 in the afternoon, which is when I had meetings that I might have been able to reschedule if I'd had more warning, but couldn't at that late date. The next scheduled time for repair is now in two days and the window is 8 to 5, which is also basically impossible to accommodate with a real-life work schedule. I realize that internet/cellular/cable providers work this way, but that doesn't mean it's good business practice. In fact, this is incredibly poor communication and customer service, and I'm disappointed and frustrated.

Windstream Communicationsconnection service

So at around 9:45 or 9:50 pm, my services just didnt work no more., plus this past Friday, I made a payment of 43.81 to keep my account current and now I recieve this. This is unacceptable and then ya'll want me to turn around and pay you guys another 43.81 on the 29th ? I dont understand . The connection stoppe on my phone as well . At the end of the day, I am having issues with my internet connection, and why ?