Windstream Communications Logo

Windstream Communications

Having problems with Windstream Communications?

+1 800 347 1991 (Customer Service)
+1 800 481 5441 (Online Order Status)
+1 866 445 8084 (Order Support, Sales)
+1 800 537 7755 (Financial Services Department)
+1 855 439 2889 (Business Class Services)
+1 800 600 5050 (Enterprise Customer Support)
+1 866 375 6040 (Windstream Wholesale)
4001 N Rodney Parham Rd
Little Rock, Arkansas
United States - 72212-2442

Complaints & Reviews

phone

After posting about Windstream, I recieved an email from Windstream requesting to review the circumstance...

phone charges

I was a customer of Alltell . I recieved a sales call from Windstream telling me about all of the available plans .
I was told I could add long distance for an additional $5.00 mt . I said great do it, not knowing alltell was being absorbed by Windstream. Needless to say I recieved a bill for an additional $45.00 mt. Called Windstream, Mam it looks like you ordered several different services, we wnt over everything for 1/2 hour and rep was supposed to fix everything to reflect my original order. This month I recieve bill for increased amount . Call, call, call . We cant change anything, we cant reduce your bill, we cant change your service plan, yada, yada, yada.I look for another carrier, no provider for this area, no provider like vonage to use sattelite internet service with phone . I decided that I will not pay 90.00 mt for a land line.
Windstream you can kiss my ### goodbye, I can use my cell and I can use Microsoft office to fax when I need to . Thanks Windstream for the opprotunity to educate the public, we dont need you !

• Rg
    rgc Dec 14, 2008

Last month I received a bill that had an extra $15 tacked on for long distance, which I didn't even use long distance because of my cell phone. I called and found out that they had started this monthly plan which "charges you unlimited long distance" for 8.23 a month. I said I want this cancelled. I did not ask for it in the first place! The
    This month, I received a bill that has 127 minutes of a call to minnesota -- I don't even know anyone in Minnesota and if I were going to be on the phone long enough to speak to someone long distance, I would use my cell phone! Now, I'm really mad.
    If that 8.23 month was for "unlimited long distance" then why am I being charged for this Minnesota call I didn't make in the first place. I was also billed the 8.23 this month, so I had almost $30 of long distance charges that I didn't even make! Now, I'm so pissed I am going to cancel my service. I don't need a landline. They can go f*** off.

• Mr
    Mrs C Dec 26, 2008

Windstream Service
    December 15, 2008

Mrs C -

I work for Windstream and would like the chance to review your issue and come to resolution. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Feel free to email me back with a way to reach you or give me a call at 800-326-6314.

Mollie C
    Windstream Communications

• Mr
    Mrs C Dec 26, 2008

Did you get the email that looks like the above.
    I am glad you cancelled, I hope that more people get the message, I am linking this site to my many web domains and I am hoping to spread the word about the way Windstream is conducting business.

cancelation of package deal, uninformed

My name is Garrett Wells, Iam a windstream cust.In sept.of 2008 I purchased a package deal thru...

miss quoted bills three times

I have had service for 3 months with windstream. I had originaly had the bundle package and it included phone, enternet and cable. My bill was quoted to me at 117$ a month wich was great. I payed my first bill. My second bill was 75$. I payed that bill as well. My third bill was 55$, I recieved a phone call this afternoon from dish net work stating that I owed them 266$. I contacted windstream and they told me my plan has been de bundled. No one had contacted me and told me that my plan was debundled. They say that they dont know how this happend and I owe dish net work 266$ to continue my service with my cable... This amount should not be billed to me.'Windstream has screwd my bill up. I do not pay my bill through dish I pay my bill through windstream and I believe windstream needs to fix this problem. I made a two year contract with windstream.

JOJOGUTHRIE2003 Apr 22, 2009

THANK GOD I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE GOING THUR HELL .. I SIGNED UP FOR INTERNET 7 PHONE 7 MY BILL IS NOW 138.25 THIS MONTH..ITS GOING DOWN THOUGH, LAST MONTH WAS 161.38

dsl

I have had Windstream DSL the last year or so and have been paying $19.95 per month. Yesterday I opened my bill and found I was being charged $39.99 a month with no notification. When I called to say I was not notified the representative told me my offer was rescinded and I have to pay the bill. I told her I live on disability and normally my bill-unlimited long distance and internet-was $59 it would be impossible for me to pay the $84. I explained that anyone should be notified especially with an increase that large. I said why not send an e-mail which they do to let me know of other things. So instead of being reasonable she told me she could give me free internet for two months and then pay $25 per month. I then told her there are advertising $19.99 for internet and she told me I never heard of that and I told her to look it up as the commercial was just on while we were talking. She then transferred me to some other rep and I just told her I am paying my normal $59 and not one cent more. Does the right hand not know what the left hand is doing? Maybe I should call the FCC. We only have two choices here-Time Warner or Windstream.

• Wi
    Windstream Customer 09 Mar 31, 2011

Windstream Customer complaint phone number 877-316-4077

Maybe this will help some people. It dit for me, but it took a long time and a lot of phone calls to regular Windstream customer service phone numbers that were no help at all and had a lot of rude and unprofessional "lack-of" service people manning them. Hopefully, this Windstream Customer complaint phone number 877-316-4077 will help some other people out as well. Windstream Customer complaint phone number 877-316-4077

e-mail

On October 27, 2008 my e-mail stopped receiving the e-mailes. After calling their support I was told hey...

Chagrin Falls Internet Providers

telephone service/dsl/customer service lousy

Windstream customer service is the absolute worst!!! I have been dealing with a problem with windstream since october of 2006 when we moved into our home. I have a constant hum/buzz on the line and then an intermittent snap/crackle/pop - yep I have the cereal on my line - honestly, I would rather be sitting in a field on a cordless phone with a metal rod in my hand during a lightning storm - it would probably be quieter. I have called the so called action line with windstream only to be told, "go pick on another utility company, leave windstream alone for a while" - nice customer service huh? I work from home doing medical transcription so each time my phone is messed up, or my dsl drops, I lose money. I have had ticket over ticket over ticket placed for these problems. The outside plant manager stood in my living room and told me there was nothing he could find, do, or suggest - other than, "I think your house is just haunted and the spooks don't want to leave". I have had a tech at my house now everyday for almost 2 weeks straight, just to be told, they can't find anything again and he asked me why I was turning my modem off and on and off and on. Like I don't have anything better to do with my time/life other than turning a modem off and on just to bother windstream and their wonderful no knowledge techs. Like I said earlier, I have now been dealing with this for exactly 2 years and it has now come down to windstream blaming me. Here is the newest problem. I was told that my linksys router doesn't get along with my windstream modem, so it was replaced with a 2wire router/modem combo, i'm still losing my dsl signal. I was told I could upgrade to 6mbs by the "installation department", but then the tech in the field said I could only get 3mbs, fine I was left at 3 mbs. As of 5:30 pm today, I went from 3 mbs down to 128 - yep, less than the lite speed they offer - slower than dial up - but they can't tell me why, when, who, etc., changed my speed - I have to wait until tomorrow after 9 am to call and speak with customer service. I can't keep the same speed, some days I have 1 mbs, 1.5, 3, back down to 1, up to 6, now down to 60kb. I was told by someone in corporate for windstream that windstream is a "for profit" company - well to receive a profit, you need to provide a service 100% of the time. I have no clue as to where to turn now or where to go... If anyone has any suggestions, please help!!!

• Ge
    george schneider Nov 12, 2008

i would never use windstream for any service. they don't return refund credit.

• Jd
    jdozment Feb 09, 2009

Windstreams DSL service is a joke. The signal I get goes from 0 to 3 kbps in a matter of milliseconds. It is shameful that a company would even be touting their DSL capabilities. It is totally unreliable.

• Wh
    Whatevers Aug 26, 2012

I have been giving my money to Windstream for 3 years now. I pay for 3Mbps internet service, although I rarely ever have that much, usually only get about 50 kbps. Server latency issues are always the cause. I guess they are to cheep to update ma'bell's old timey plug n' play switch board. The CSR for windstream are a joke. I called yesterday about my service issues, and was sent to 5 diffrent people. I just play the game now. get all pissed off and yell at them until they take the charges off my bill. I suggest this to all customers who have frequent issues with this company. Maybe they will go out of business, and someone who cares will take over. If I had a choice for my ISP I would not choose this POS company. Just another corrupt cooperation making big bucks, and treating the people who make their business possible suffer because of their greed.

disconnecting after recieved payment

Earlier this month I recieved notice that my account was to be disconnected if payment was not recieved by midnight on September 22nd. I made a payment above what they were requesting and all was fine. Or so I thought. Today I tried to use my phone to be told it was not working so I called my home phone number from my cell phone to see that it had been disconnected. I called Windstream and the guy I talked to stated that they could do that because I paid by electronic check (I paid by credit card) and they did not get it in time. I told him he was full of crap because I infact paid by credit card and they recieved the payment. WHy else would a week later my phone still be working?? Today they suspended my service and he used some bs excuse how they could do that and my payment wasn't there in time. They have a very crooked practice and I am looking at finding a new phone and internet provider. Good thing I live in an area where we can have several provider choices. I will NEVER recommend WIndstream to anyone. I was previously with ALLTEL and had no choice when they changed to Windstream but ALLTEL was so much better. Over 5 years with the same service and they pull this in order to try and make some extra money. Very crooked

• Hm
    hm0920 Apr 20, 2009

Well who knows why you were actually disconnected. But to clear up the huge misconception... when the split of Alltel happened the only thing that changed for the landline business was the name and a merger of Valor Communications. They had to change the name because the cellular side of Alltel took the name with them. So it funny how everyone thinks that it is a new company... its not... same one... sorry to disappoint you.

lifeline phone and broadband bundle

I was already receiving lifeline link up phone service from Windstream for $5.60 a month. I called to see if...

bad service

I have tried for SEVEN DAYS at different times during the day to get through on your broadband support line and have been on hold over & over for 30+ minutes only to be dropped! I tried calling the residential helpline, explained my predicament to the operator & told she would put me through only to be put to the same line then hung up on. I understand you had a 'service disruption' last weekend but this level of 'customer service' is unacceptable. I'm paying for 6/mbps and only receiving at best 300/kbps. This has been going on prior/during/after this past weekend but I can't get anyone to diagnose the problem. If this is the level of service offered to a long-time customer then I will take my business elsewhere!

Cheryl Oct 07, 2008

WINDSTREAM CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST !!! I have been dealing with a problem with windstream since October of 2006 when we moved into our home. I have a constant hum/buzz on the line and then an intermittent snap/crackle/pop - YEP I HAVE THE CEREAL ON MY LINE - honestly, I would rather be sitting in a field on a cordless phone with a metal rod in my hand during a lightning storm - it would probably be quieter. I have called the so called ACTION line with Windstream only to be told, "Go pick on another utility company, leave Windstream alone for a while" - nice customer service huh? I work from home doing medical transcription so each time my phone is messed up, or my DSL drops, I lose money. I have had ticket over ticket over ticket placed for these problems. The outside plant manager stood in my living room and told me there was nothing he could find, do, or suggest - other than, "I think your house is just haunted and the spooks don't want to leave". I have had a tech at my house now everyday for almost 2 weeks straight, just to be told, they can't find anything again and he asked me why I was turning my modem off and on and off and on. Like I don't have anything better to do with my time/life other than turning a modem off and on just to bother Windstream and their wonderful no knowledge techs. Like I said earlier, I have now been dealing with this for exactly 2 years and it has now come down to Windstream blaming me. Here is the newest problem. I was told that my LinkSys router doesn't get along with my Windstream modem, so it was replaced with a 2wire router/modem combo, I'm still losing my DSL signal. I was told I could upgrade to 6mbs by the "installation department", but then the tech in the field said I could only get 3mbs, fine I was left at 3 mbs. As of 5:30 pm today, I went from 3 mbs down to 128 - YEP, LESS THAN THE LITE SPEED THEY OFFER - SLOWER THAN DIAL UP - but they can't tell me why, when, who, etc., changed my speed - I have to wait until tomorrow after 9 am to call and speak with customer service. I was told by someone in corporate for Windstream that Windstream is a "for profit" company - well to receive a profit, you need to provide a service 100% of the time. I have no clue as to where to turn now or where to go...if anyone has any suggestions, PLEASE HELP !!!

majorpain Jan 08, 2009

I also subscribe to windstream dsl and am not getting what I pay for! I have the 1.5 mbps service which only runs @ 60 kbps at best. I subscribed because I bought a house up near the mountains and when I moved in my dial-up would not run, after calling windstream they told me I was next to last customer on the line, no line amplifiers were up here and I would probably have to use their dsl if I wanted internet service. So o.k., had it installed, didn't like it, Called to complain, they sent a service guy out, told me the line was o.k. Also, my phone bills are confusing almost impossible to decipher. Wish I could choose between phone companys, I would send 'em packing.

• Ti
    Tina Jan 15, 2009

I have taken my concerns and complaint to the phone company that is allowing voicemail professionals to attach charges; without checking into the validity of the charges from me. They have decided they take no action and tell me to call their customer service then they will tell me again to call the company saying I signed up for their service. Where is the customer service when I am told to take care of everything myself. I guess having people as customers are not a real concern anymore. Allowing and attaching charges to my account without checking with the customer if they actually authorized the charge. Companies dealing with companies and disregarding the customers. Where do we fit in besides footing their padded bills.

masonjee Jul 11, 2011

Terrible service, pay for 3mb and sometime get lower than .25, the provided modem is the worst ive ever come across by far, this is my last month paying for $hit$tream. This company gets away with terrible service by being available in places that do not have broadband or dsl, besides them. I've used them for a year and the whole time have been waiting for another provider to come into my area.

billing for no service

We changed services from Insight to Windstream BIG mistake. We have had nothing but problems since we switched.. First with out computer hookup, it constantly kept going out. Then the phone service, Static so bad you couldn't use the phone let alone hear anything.. They sent out a repair man, who was more worried about selling the service plan, than fixing the phone.. He stopped the static, along with us being able to get calls into our house. He came back to fix that problem again hard sell on the service plan. While he was at our house he disconnected the wiring in our kitchen to cause a problem inside our house. The third repairman they sent out because when the other guy disconnected the wiring in my kitchen he also disconnected the wires that makes the one in my bedroom which satellite box has to use to call out. Needless to say, we were charged for the charges of the box not being able to update . The third repairman left without touching anything. The static returns so bad that when you answer the phone it still rings and again the satellite boxes couldn't update. Had to use our cell phones for everything raising that bill and they still charged us for the phone service we didn't have for months and the update charges for the satellite boxes not being able to update.
I just found it really funny that we had insight for over 9 years and not one problem with anything. All of the sudden when we switch services to this company all the problems are inside our house.. I honestly believe this company does nothing but cause problems in peoples homes in order to sell them service plans they do not need. I have fought with their customer service for weeks trying to get them to understand they can not charge me for a service I didn't have or couldn't use. Their resolution is a $20 out of service charge meanwhile I have to pay $40 a month for the service I didn't have for months.

FRAUD!!!

• Dj
    djray92 Sep 17, 2008

I just filed a complaint with the FCC . Here is the address go here and file yours..

terrible service

This ones hard to believe, I came home from work to find a large box left OUTSIDE my Condominium.
It has my name on it and no other label than a UPS sticker.
I open it to find a HP Computer and Monitor.
I right away call my credit card companies to find out if anyone charged a computer to my accounts and noone had.
I call UPS and they tell me WINDSTREAM sent it to me.
I contact Windstream who show NO computer charged to my account so i tell them I have a computer and they need to please come and get it it was obviously a mistake.
AFTER 1 1/2 WEEKS I recieve UPS return labels with this big box sitting in my living room while i am trying to prepair to move to a new home.
UPS informs me I HAVE TO PAY to have it picked up wich i deny and will not do.
I contact Windstream again and spend the morning on hold at variouse departments to finally get a Customer service SUPERVISOR who informs me If i do not pay for pick up or deliver it to a UPS center i will be charged for it and then hangs up on me.
Now mind you I am trying to return a computer i could have kept that they had no record with them having sent me.
I cannot believe the level of confusion and the terrible service i recieved trying to do the right thing, If i had this much trouble
trying to help them correct thier own mistake you can bet I would never use thier services again.

• Ke
    kenya2009 May 18, 2009

I have had Windstream as an local and long distance carrier for over 3 years. I got rid of our long distance service about a year ago. I was told that basic service would be no more that 20$ per month...but that was not true. Each month I get my bill it would have a different amount due to fees that I was not aware of prior to changing my service. In Feb 2009 we were getting our home ready to sell and I called to see if I could schedule a shut-off. I was told that I could and they took down the date and I was good.

Unfortunately, in May 2009 I received a bill stating that they had continued my service through the end of April. So basically they charged my all of March and April. I called to get this taken care of and spoke to the rudest representatives who stated that I did not call to cut my service off. Is that good customer service to right off the back tell someone what they did not do? I got upset with that and asked for a supervisor...they could not connect me with one.

I spoke with another rep and he said any time Windstream makes a change to your account they are to provide you with a confirmation number. I have never been provided with a confirmation number over the years I had my service. Not one time has one been given to me for whatever reason. So since I was stupid not to just know I needed one before the rep hung up I have to pay for almost 2 months of phone service that I was not even there to use...all because the rep helping me did not make note of my request or give me confirmation of it.

• Re
    Reviewer12797 Aug 17, 2015

First off their automated system stinks. Everytime I have a problem with my business bundle I have to go through their automated system which NEVER recognizes my phone number EVER! So it tries to put me into a loop of entering my phone number which it can't associate with my account.

Second you would think with a business you could get work requested or done on a weekend which happens to be my busiest time frame. Nope no help, nothing except and automated ticket which ALWAYS is going to take a minimum of two days. Totally unacceptable for a business.

Third once service is supposedly completed you may not be and the ticket will get closed out and the problem will still exsist.

For a tech company very poorly managed. This is my seventh issue with this company or their service in four years. Stay away if you have any other options.

By the way I have been on hold for 18+ minutes at this time and have written this complaint during the time I have been on hold. So so typical!!

very poor dsl

I began dsl with windstream in may of 2007 with what I thought to be 1.5 meg. Not so. From may to december I was only receiving less than 500k... Sometimes less than a dial up connection. Horrible disgusting and uneducated customer service offered me 15 days credit! What??? Come january I called again and spoke with someone in the 'corporate office' and she, to her credit, was very understanding and promised to have the problem corrected and that in the meantime she would reduce my plan to the 'lite' plan of 512k. It was working fine for about 30 days and then again my speed was back to a snails pace and once again I had to make the dreaded phone call to report the problem and once again was told it was a problem within their system. After working fine again for about 3 weeks, I called about another issue - not dsl related - but was persuaded to increase my speed to 1.5meg again. Like a fool, I listened and did request the change. Since then I have not gotten a speed above 500k. They don't credit my account, and this evening after waiting on the phone for 78 minutes to report the same problem, their csr could not understand english. What??? I'm sickened! I have been dealing with the same issue with windstream now for 16 months. I will make a final call tomorrow during business hours and hopefully will be able to speak to a representative in the u. S. And that can understand english.in my opinion, windstream is stealing my money.

• Tb
    tbird Feb 09, 2009

Other's agree with you ...

• Du
    dude32092 Dec 24, 2010

windstream customer NO service

poor customer service, loss wages

Windstream should make no claims about good or even acceptable customer service. I have reached this opinion based on how Windstream has treated me over the past 8 days.

Contact with Windstream on 7-25-08
I called my local Windstream office to see about telephone and internet service. I gave the lady my information (name, address, cell phone number, etc) She read back the information with the wrong street name. I corrected her saying it was South not West. She told me that someone would call me on 7-28-08 with my new phone number and scheduled installation date and time. As I work via the Internet, I will have to delay working for one week and take a loss of $1000 wages.

7-28-08
I did not receive a phone call from Windstream.

7-29-08
I went into the local Windstream office. The lady couldn't find my information in the computer. Finally she found the handwritten form in a cupboard. She wrote my phone number and installation date (8-1-08) on a blue post-a-note and gave it to me. I asked what time on the 1st would the technician be out. She said "Oh, they will call you before they come out". Then she verified my cell phone number.

8-1-08
Ok I have planned my whole day to be home and available for the Windstream service technician. At 2pm, I call the office wondering if the tech is coming or not. The lady tells me that they work until 7pm and yes the tech will be out. She doesn't verify any information like name, address or contact number.

8pm on 8-1-08
No technician, no phone call from the technician or the Windstream office. I contact the repair department as they are the only ones available. The lady there informs me that I am not in the system and would have to contact the business office on Saturday morning between 8 and 5 EST.

8:15am EST 8-2-08
I call the phone number I was given by the repair representative and get a recording that tells me I need to call back during business hours. So I call repair again. The lady there tells me I have to wait until 8am my time (MT) to reach the business office. So I go to Windstream.com. There it says that the business office is open from 8:30 to 5 Eastern. By now it is 8:40 Eastern. So I call the business office number again. I still get the recording that I need to call back during business hours.

So I call repair again. I ask to speak with a supervisor. I explain to the supervisor that I am very upset and I really need to contact the business office. She places me on hold while she gets someone from the business office on the line. The person from business finally finds my installation information. He is upset with me because I don't have the work order number. I was never given a work order number.

Finally he finds my information and tells me that I gave them the wrong address so my installation was placed on hold until I contacted them. He informed me that it was my fault that the tech was sent to West instead of South and that I would just have to wait until the next available time for installed. I asked him why the technician had not called me when there was a problem; he said "We don't do that. We wait for the customer to call us when we don't show up."

I went to where I had Internet access to look up the corporate information for Windstream. I find [protected] is the main office number. I call it and as I expected, got a recording. The male voice said to leave a message and someone would return my call during the next business day. Then a female voice says "This number does not accept messages".

So the poor communication and customer service starts right at Windstream corp headquarters.

So here I sit waiting until 8-8-08 sometime between 8 am and noon to maybe, possibly, have a technician appear to install my phone/internet service. I wonder if Windstream will reimburse me for the second week of lost wages or even apologize to me for the physical and emotional stress their poor customer service has caused me.

• Gh
    gharris_30 Oct 02, 2008

Ever since quitting Windstream, problems!

we bundled with their DishNetwork Package. So when stopping service to move and getting ringed by Dish Customer support, the fun began. The final bill came in long after i sent the receiver back (they charge $400 for the HD receiver) totalling $592.00! They never took my receiver off the bill!

My first call was to the Customer service at Windstream who said i would receive credit for the Receiver when i showed them proof it's been taken care of! I provided them with tracking numbers for ALL receivers! The gentleman patched me through to Dishnetwork who said they have the receivers. Back to Windstream, again, who claimed they will have to receive notification from Dishnetwork (here we go again!). After a 3 day run around of calling and getting here and there, i decided to call the home office (coincidentally i found the same number you did only i called at 3:00 E.S.T. and spoke with someone from Jeff Gardner's office, he's the President and CEO).

I spoke with the Executive Secretary who connected me with gentleman named Paul Strickland who said (after calling me back) that by the first of September I'd have my credit from DishNetwork if not it might be by October. I asked about my credit and collection agencies and he said they would not be sending it to credit and he even made a note on the account! Upon telling me that, he immediately asked for the difference ($192.00). To which i said, "WHEN MY CREDIT IS GIVEN, YOU'LL GET YOUR MONEY!!".

Fast forward to October 2, 2008. Today i received a letter in the mail from a collection agency asking for $592.00. Paul Strickland never did what he said he was going to do! I immediately called up the number and asked for the President and spoke again with the Executive Assistant, Carrie, about this problem. She remembered me! And, the problem. I again explained all the above and she stayed on the phone and connected me with another person (a subordinate of Paul) and listened in as we talked. This is practice i guess.

The new girl (Melody or Malory i spoke to so many people! Ugh!) promised to look into this. I have told her that i believe that they are burdening me with unnecessary mailing from collection agencies and that if it's not fixed this time, I'm never paying it! She checked my account and saw many notes that this account was not supposed to go to collections and shouldn't be doing so. I pointed out failure. She informed me that i was supposed to be receiving a check from Dish Network (she said Paul noted this on the account) and i should have received it. To which i said they should be giving it to you if you are bundled together. Credits are much faster to issued than a check. So, she's got my number and is supposed to call me back about this.

I just wanted to tell my story and show how things go with this company. Your number was right, timing was off! I will come back and tell you guys what happens but because it's not over i have to leave it at unresolved!

• Fr
    Frederick westcott Oct 14, 2008

I no longer can bring up my email.

fraud and scam

I am very upset with Windstreams service! After long calls with their service department (no knowledge or...

dsl internet service

Service was very good for several years up until a few months ago. My IP address is dropped almost...

worst service of any company I have seen

Windstream has the worst customer service I have ever seen. I wanted to give them business at my home for phone, internet and TV and after 1.5 months I am still waiting for service. They hooked up my phone and left the line lying in my back yard for 4 weeks before finally coming to cover yesterday. After covering the phone no longer works and I have to wait another week to get someone to fix which I am sure I will have to pay for service during this time. Also nobody can tell me when they can hook up my internet, I have spoken to 8 different customer service associates and 1 manager and they all give me the same B.S. response. Don't waste your time ever calling their customer service and if possible use any other company besides them. I am in the process of hooking up with another local company and will never recommend using Windstream to anyone!!

• So
    Sourpuss Aug 02, 2008

<b>Contact with Windstream on 7-25-08</b>

<b>7-28-08</b>
    I did not receive a phone call from Windstream.

<b>7-29-08</b>

<b>8-1-08</b>

<b>8pm on 8-1-08</b>

<b>8:15am EST 8-2-08</b>

I went to where I had Internet access to look up the corporate information for Windstream. I find 501-748-7000 is the main office number. I call it and as I expected, got a recording. The male voice said to leave a message and someone would return my call during the next business day. Then a female voice says "This number does not accept messages".

incredible bad customer service!

Windstream bought our local phone company, Kerrville Telephone with the blessings of our city fathers who...

constant harrassing mrktg calls

Since signing up for a Windstream land phone in January 2008, I've rcvd non-stop harrassing mrktg calls 2-3 times daily. All come in identified as "Toll Free Service, " but when I call the number, a sales rep answers, "Windstream." I've exhausted almost all local options for stopping these calls, including cajoling, pleading etc with the local company here in Lincoln, NE, and begging the caller (an 18-yr-old college student named "Brad") to stop. Now I'm writing the state atty general. No my Do Not Call defense doesn't apply, since Windstream is my phone provider. If this is CEO Jeff Gardner and Exec VP and Mrktg Chief Ric Crane's idea of selling DSL to hapless customers, they need a refresher MBA course (did they really sleep thru their original classes?) Judging from the DSL service they provide, I can see why they're desperate for new customers, and why the company is repurchasing $400 million of its own shares (generally a poor use of company revenue, unless there is a highly unusual reason).

lousy service!

I am so upset with windstream right now. On my windstream home page for emails i had a folder called STUFF. Tonight around 7:24 pm i am typing a response to an email i had in my stuff folder. Well guess what, all at once mt email that i was working on disappears a message comes across about something not being right then zip it is gone also. So I'm thing that if it went to lala land it might turn up in my trash folder. Nope not there. So i look back in my STUFF folder yeppp you guessed it all my saved stuff is gone i look back to the trash folder nope not there. Called da tech rep what a clueless answer i get from them "its not suppose to happen we don't know where it went and we can not get it back." duhhh what happen to my stuff, all my info, pic's gone, - amm i hate windstream right now. Its stuff i can not get back.

• Iv
    ivco home Aug 07, 2008

IVCO Home Inspection

Thursday, August 7, 2008
    Windstream DSL

Has anyone had problems like I have? My DSL service was cut off even though my bill was current. When I called customer service I was told yes it was turned off but we don't know why. The girl at Windstream told me she could fix this but it would be about 7 hours before service would be restored. WHAT I need to access my email and I missed an online class this morning!
    OK sir we can try to get back on within the hour.
    I asked the girl from Windstream what happened she said she didn't know. I told her I was very upset that this happened, And she said "so what do you want me to do about it"
    So what if I missed a class, So what if I had to drive to the library to check my email.
    Windstream has us by the ba##'s and they know it.
    AH I feel better (NOT REALLY)
    I hope no one else has to loose a day of productivity because of Windstream DSL.

www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/windstream-dsl-internet-c5881.html - 65k -
    Posted by ivcohome at 7:27 AM 0 comments
    Labels: DSL, georgia, poor service, windstream

Anti-WindStream Apr 03, 2010

I had WindStream for a little over a year, and I am very dissatisfied with them. First of all, they do not tell you in the beginning that if you have your service turned off at the beginning of the month that you will still have to pay for the remainder of the month. I paid for half of a month that I did not even have service for.

Second (before I had my service disconnected), I had a problem with the phone calls being unclear and I asked them if they could fix it. They could not fix the problem remotely, so they told me someone would have to come out and look at it. They told me that if it turned out to be a problem on my end then I would be charged $75.00, and to avoid that fee I could get the protection plan for $20.00 initially and then $4.99 a month thereafter. They told me that I could cancel the protection plan at any time and that it would cover any repairs to my phone line. She made me think that I would only be charged for repairs on my end. However, they did not tell me that I would be enrolled in this plan for a year, and that if I canceled before the year was up then I would be charged a prorated charge. I have already paid $20.00 and now they say I owe them $60.00 for canceling before the year was up. I should have just paid the $75.00 in the first place. The sad thing is that the repairs ended up being a problem on their end and they just told me that they charge for repairs whether it is on their end or on mine.

So, I see that as WindStream cannot guarantee their service to work properly and in turn they make us pay for their faulty lines or service installations. I could understand paying for repairs that are on my end, but having to pay for problems on their end too is ridiculous. If they would have told me that beforehand then I would have went with another service. I have never had the problems with a phone service as I have had with WindStream. They are not completely honest since they leave these little, but very important, details out. If you do not know to ask these questions then you are left in the dark and charged hidden fees.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices