Windstream Communications Logo

Windstream Communications

Having problems with Windstream Communications?

Windstream Communications reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 20, 2006. The latest review Customer service was posted on Sep 1, 2021. The latest complaint Payment was resolved on Jun 29, 2021. Windstream Communications has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 240 reviews. Windstream Communications has resolved 102 complaints.

Windstream Communications Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 347 1991 (Customer Service)
+1 800 481 5441 (Online Order Status)
+1 866 445 8084 (Order Support, Sales)
+1 800 537 7755 (Financial Services Department)
+1 855 439 2889 (Business Class Services)
+1 800 600 5050 (Enterprise Customer Support)
+1 866 375 6040 (Windstream Wholesale)
4001 N Rodney Parham Rd
Little Rock, Arkansas
United States - 72212-2442

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Windstream Communications Customer Service. Initial Windstream Communications complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Windstream Communications above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Windstream Communications. Discuss the issues you have had with Windstream Communications and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Windstream Communications Complaints & Reviews, Page 10

Windstream Communications — porting of number

I am a former D&E Communications phone customer in PA. D&E was bought by Windstream last year. I have been...

Windstream — was not removed from credit bureau as promised.

This Company was paid in full and they refuse to remove from my credit bureaus as promised. If I would have...

Windstreamunhappy and disappointed with the quality of customer service that they offer

I have been trying to port my land line number to a cell company for aprox 4 weeks with no luck. EVERY time I call Windstream customer service I get a different answer to my questions and problem. I have been lied to, put off, placed on endless hold and bounced back and forth from department to department. I understand they do not want to loose business but if their phone service was more affordable I would not need to switch. I am EXTREMELY unhappy and disappointed with the quality of customer service that they offer. They need to better train their employees so that everyone is on the same page.

• Je
      Jerry Gray Sep 12, 2010

my acct no# is [protected] I called 2 wks ago about my bill, ever since i merged windstream and dish together it hasnt been nothing but going up up and up. first of all dish is fine stayed same price butttt got less channels i had adult movies on there when had regular dish and paid same now u took them off and i pay the same. back to windstream i had it changed over to greenstreak onto a private line because all we use is the internet no phones in the house, but understand we have to have phone line to get internet. I upgraded to 6.0 speed which was advertised and told to me on the phone at a rate of 44.85 dollars the rep said in my area, well first bill will be around 105 to 112 dollars I said thats what i had figured. 1st bill 126.00, 2nd bill90.00 dollars, 3rd bill 140.81, i called and got supposedly the private line discount ha never happened we had a storm in between there my line went down outside called 2times never got answered always directed somewhere else or hung up on, thenfinally put note on windstream guys door and called one more time because i know he has to have work order finally week and half later line got put back up. Last bill I got for august 31 148.91 even went up higher, never got a discount of any kind . Please figure out what went wrong because wont be abble to keep u guys if keep going up and someone on ur end not holding up the bargain. Please get back to me. Thanks Jerry Gray

Windstreamterrible service and frequent disconnects

I am located in South Western Pennsylvania, southern Washington county. I bought Windstream DSL, 1.5 MB in December 2006. It worked fine till the end of 2007 and I started getting lots of disconnects.

From March 2008 every weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the DSL is down. I get sporadic success on Friday, sometime up sometimes down but EVERY Saturday starting around 10:00 - 10:30 AM the DSL would go down. It would reconnect but drop the connection every 2-5 minutes and it would take 3-10 minutes to reconnect. Usually it was fine by 8PM in the evening. Though the past 2 months I noted the problem still occurring after 11:00 PM.

I have the Speedstream 4200 modem. The connection is nothing unusual, its as simple as it gets. The DLS modem is connected to one computer via a Ethernet cable. The DSL plugs into the DLS side of the filer. One phone plugs into the phone side of the filter. The filter plugs into the phone jack.

Rebooting the modem did nothing. I have replaced the filters, 3 so far. I have tried the modem plugged directly into the wall jack. I have changed the phone cable four times. I have replaced the ethernet cable 4 times. None of this solved the problem.

Some techs have mentioned maybe it the electrical wiring in the house. well I have a UPS on my system. On Saturday morning at 9:45 I unplugged the UPS from the wall and ran it on battery. Sure enough at 10:15 the DSL dropped. Hmm maybe there is a problem with the battery?

When finally, after about a year of complaining they sent a tech out and he discovered that the modem was an “A12” version and the current one was the “A25” ok maybe this was the reason. The tech out confirmed that there was a strong signal and the cables and filter were fine or at least he was seeing a good signal when he was here. And the modem was relatively close for a good signal. I set up the modem on a Saturday morning but, as usual on the weekends, the authentication server was down. On Sunday afternoon I was able to finally authenticate the modem. Ok Sunday night it was fine. In fact I was thinking the old firmware was the real problem. The modem worked fine till Friday when it started going down again. So I suppose it wasn’t the modem at all. The new modem would at least display a message saying “We have detected that you do not have DSL connectivity to your Home Networking Modem. After configuration wait a while for DNS to refresh.” Or “Your Internet login needs to be verified before continuing. After configuration wait a while for DNS to refresh.” Either that or it would go into the Authenticate screen. Which is strange because I have already ran the authenticate procedure. It will not complete the authentication, however, it will freeze or the DSL will disconnect preventing anything from happening.

Its difficult for me to imagine replacing all the hardware and I still have the problem but ONLY Friday-Sunday. Windstream techs seem to think its my DSL filter that only works consistently Monday-Thursday then fails Friday-Sunday. Hmm I need to read the packaging more carefully to buy the filter that works the full week LOL.

WHAT is going on here? I think the problem is on Windstream’s end and doesn’t have anything to do with my equipment. One tech DID tell me they usually did maintenance on the weekends to not interrupt business users. Other ISPs do maintenance around 1AM to prevent interruptions so its most likely that SOMETHING is being done at Windsteam on the weekends.

• Windstream Communications's response · Mar 05, 2010

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your Broadband issues. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at [protected] Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at [email protected]

Windstreamporting of number

I am in the process of transferring my number from Windstream to Vonage. Windstream bought out D&E in November. I received the only communication from them regarding the cancellation of the VoIP service. Apparently they sent out letters in December. The only letter I received was in November telling me they bought out D&E. I called and signed up with Vonage on [protected] and am still waiting for my phone number to be transferred. The last 2 rejects were for an address mis-match. I have twice verified the address with BOTH companies via a conference call. I'm still waiting. Windstream says it's Vonage, well the 3rd party doing the transfer, with the issue.

• Windstream Communications's response · Mar 05, 2010

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at [protected] Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at [email protected]

Windstreamthey are the worst phone company I have ever had

I moved to this area in February and had to get windstream for my phone service and I am so angry with them that I am searching for another way to get a internet line in my house so I can cancel their service. I wouldn't refer them to anyone for any reason. I first signed up with them and they gave me the most expensive package deal they had, even after I had told them I wanted just the basic line, cause I only needed it for a computer line, and that I had cell phones. Then every month I was paying a bill of $85.00 just to have internet. So I finally called 3 months later and told them that they had put the wrong package on and so she changed the package to the lowest package and said it would be effective at 7pm that night on the 29th of May. Then I called the first week of June to see if they received my payment and she said yes, now you owe $85.00 for June. I told her that they had made a mistake but they fixed it on the 29th, and she said Yes but it won't show until next months billing. So now I still have to pay a full month bill of something I didn't order in the first place, and then I have been on the phone today trying to reach a supervisor all day and not one return phone call yet. They are the worst phone company I have ever had. I had other phone companies and had great service and customer service, this is a real case of CUSTOMER NO SERVICE...

• Windstream Communications's response · Mar 03, 2010

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issue. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at [protected] Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at [email protected]

Windstream — over charging

3 months ago i lost 1000. of my income i am disabled i need my phone called and talked with windstream about...

Windstream/Phone Servicecrossed wiring

I have been calling since November, 2009 to your company correct the problem of crossed wiring. You have yet to fix it or even act like you want to. Of course your operators told me to pay for the inside wiring and the problem would go away. What a crock, like charging me more would fix the crossed wiring situation. How dumb do your operators think I am. To start out my service bundle would ONLY be $49.99 but with ALL YOU TAXES ADDED ON it is $73.28 per month. For what?? So I spend my days complaining about someone else talking while I am using my phone, that I pay for on time every month. Since when does fixing a complaint for 4 months go away because you want to charge me more????? The lines are crossed somewhere and your refusal to fix it is stupid.. How would you like it if I never paid you another dime until my phone is fixed and I can enjoy talking on the phone again???? The proof is in all the complaints that I have made to YOUR 800 numbers, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Get the picture???

Windstream — porting phone #

For a whole month we have been trying to get Windstream to release our phone number to Comcast. It'...

Windstreamcustomer service

Windstream is an awful company! I first switched to Windstream when I moved. I called all the companies in town to find out the best deals on cable, internet and phone and Windstream had an excellent bundle deal, $70 a month for the first year, $89 a month after that. It would include Dish network and wireless internet. Well, of course it was too good to be true. My first bill was over $350.00. All the set up costs and a bunch of crap added to the bill that I never agreed to!! For an entire month I called windstream to fix the bill. They had outrageous charges that I never agreed to sign up for and after multiple calls they took the charges off, but that still didn't equal the amount that I originally heard from the company when I first signed up. So here I am with my second bill, and what do you know. I have a $136.00 bill, far from the $70 a month service that I signed up for. As for customer service they have not been helpful one bit!
            How can a company be allowed to tell customers one price, but then completely change it was they have you locked. When I asked them why the amount is different to what I originally signed up for I got two answers. 1. I'm not sure who told you that you can get service for that amount...it's too low, we would never agree to that and 2. well, the bill is only slightly higher than what you signed up for, so what's the big deal.
            totally ridiculous!!!

• Windstream Communications's response · Feb 23, 2010

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issues. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at [protected] Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at [email protected]

• Ex
                ex_man Jun 10, 2011

Winsdtream has to be the worst customer service company ever... you have to call them multiple times...keep getting transfered to the wrong department or in to the black hole, only to have to hang up and call back to be put on hold for 20 min, then trandfered to steady busy... and when you get to the right person... good luck...

• Cr
                crystal4134 Apr 01, 2011

This company is rude and apparantly mentally challenged! I pay my bill through a bank draft but it seems like every oter month they charge me a fee saying they are unable to locate the account. After double checking at bank and I find they never submitted anything for payment, I call windstream and after a good 45 minute hold I am told they will retry. Well guess what they find the account that they couldnt find 3 days earlier. But they still charge me even though it isn't my fault. Then after going through bills, I see where 5 months ago they added an internet security pack which i didnt need or ask for, I was told it was a free trial and i refused at the time but it was still added, but I can not get it removed or credited. This company is a rip off so much that I have decided enough is enough and canceling service!!

Windstream — misleading sales

Through a phone call solicitation from a Buffalo area office, I agreed to the $49.99 internet/phone lock-in...

Windstream / DSL Internet — keep passing the problem from 1 person to another

We have reported our internet/dsl problems everyday for a week and half. They keep passing the problem from 1...

Windstreamstay away from them

Windstream promised broadband in our area three years ago before I decided to build here in rural Kentucky. They have not come one foot closer to me and refuse to deal with the issue. My wife is disabled and I have a heart condition and we depend on the internet. The dial up service is essentially worthless. I cannot even pull up a news story let alone any kind of internet research. The simple fact is that rural customers are treated like trash. Daily I see Winstream ads for $49 service for local, long distance and broadband. We are limited to having to have two lines (one for internet) at the cost of $100 a month. On a fixed income that is tough.

• Windstream Communications's response · Feb 04, 2010

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at [protected] Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST so we can check the availability of Broadband service in your area. You may also email us at [email protected]
                  Windstream Customer Support

• Su
                  suzie1949 Nov 16, 2010

This must be an every day occurrence with Windstream service. I have been trying to help a hearing impaired individual in Olive Hill KY since July 2010, and Windstream has the worst customer service that I've ever encountered. I even made a special trip to his home on November 8, 2010, in order to try to get him better internet service with Windstream, as it took 20 minutes to download a picture. He agreed to pay an additional $5.00/month to upgrade his service. Windstream representative informed me that his new service would be effective at 7:00 PM on November 8. To this date, with many phone calls and email messages, Windstream has not done anything about this gentleman's internet service, and he has had NO internet service since November 8. I spoke with an ombudisman on November 12, 2010, and he assured me that a technician would be arriving at this gentleman's residence on Saturday, November 13, 2010. I even had a neighbor watching for a Windstream truck. No Windstream technician showed up, not even a phone call from Windstream, yet this gentleman stayed home from 9-12:00 noon, awaiting their arrival. I'm assuming that Windstream has a monopoly of service in this area, but there is something that customers can do, I'm sure. Contacts need to be made to the FCC and the Attorney General's office in KY. I believe an advocacy group needs to be formed in order to get Windstream to quit taking advantage of customers and upgrade their lines, for better internet service. To this date, November 16, 2010, this gentleman has NO internet service, and NO assistance from Windstream. Nobody should have to endure this type of customer service, from anyone. Since he's hearing impaired and not computer literate, this has been the most frustrating situation that I've ever encountered. Hello "Hughes.net" as their service has to be better than Windstream.

Windstream — forced to have a landline - unfair

If you live in Dawsonville, Georgia, and want DSL in your home, Windstream Communications is your only...

Windstream Communicationsbad dsl service

After numerous complaints to windstream for constantly loosing DSL service and almost daily visits by their techs I am still experiencing DSL interuptions and speeds down as low as .14 downloads while I am paying $90 per month for 3mbs service. After contacting them tonight, after their tech was here this morning and said everything was ok, about my being knocked off and speed being slow their support tech wanted me to breack down my computer and move it to another phone jack in another part of my home to which I told her no and she replied that I was being uncooperative at which time I asked to speak to a supervisor and she would not allow it and told me they would have a tech out again in the morning. This has been an ongoing problem for almost 3 months now with no answer to my complaints so maybe someone will read this and help me out !

• Su
                    Sucker Bait Dec 25, 2011

Can't help you with solving this problem, because I am in the same boat. My 2-wire DSL (which was working fine) went out on me about 2 months ago and they came the next day and replaced it, but the speed dropped from 2.5 down to .39, so they came out the next day and was going to replace the Sagem 1704 with another one, but after testing it, decided it was't the modem, but the line conditions. Not mine but theirs. The last time I called them and told them I still had a problem, they said that it was just this area and that I would have to wait until after the first of the year before they would be able to upgrade their equipment. I am stuck with DSL at Dial up speed. It is hard to run a business online with this problem.

Windstreamcable

yes i had proplems with windstream first my internet work but not the phone and they said office proplem and chaege me for a service call next when i paid fore my phone n inernet and paid my cable bill early and ask for get more channels thye charge for the extende basic n said i will have in 5pm that day well its 3 day later n i still have not got to extended cable i paid for and once again they said office proplem but i over it windstream lies and takes the custermers mony for the proplems in the office. iso i think windstream need to get there ck toghtere before they loss more clients like they just lost me

Windstreamscam and cheating

Telecommunication Company Windstream--has billed me for over 1 1/2 years for a telephone service, they don't own and is billed by another provider, Time Warner Cable.

Windstream acknowledge the error but refuse to fix it; in addition, decline to answer a BBB Complaint. The Account is a phantom account for a telephone number that is already in service under Time Warner whom has contacted Winstream but receive no answers.

In the meantime, I have had about 4 broken promises to fix issue but to no avail. Winstream has now credit the phantom account and moving funds within and demands payment for the correct account in which they have already receive payments, but continue to credit to the phantom account.

This story is so unreal...I can't make this up, and they kicker is they don't know how to fix it, and threaten to ruin my credit for account they already received full payment, but due to their billing system, they don't know how to correct, so I need to make additional payments. Can so one explain this to me...

• Windstream Communications's response · Oct 13, 2009

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time with your Windstream billing. Please contact our office at [protected] or email us at [email protected] and we will get you the help that you need.

One Touch Direct / Windstream — repeat calls and failing to remove my number

8 calls in last 30 days from the number listed above. Last call this evening from them and again they hang up...

Windstream — sevice loss during the rain

everytime that it rains we've lost internet connection or it gives us about a few minutes of service...

Windstreamslow

Ever time you call nothing is done, only later to find out that you have been lied to to just get rid of you. My computor takes no less than 15 seconds at the very best to change pages, with 50% of the time never at all. Is there not a no way something can be done. I pay for extra fast and it is not at even extra slow speed. I am being told that it is being worked on, it will be a certain time I should see a difference, and when you call back in a week they denie having ever recieved a call, and ask what are you talking about, no one ever called and we never recieved a complaint. no one here by that name, you must have complained to some one that wasn't even related to windstream as if I was so stupid that I called Kentucky fried chicken and complained to them not us, when they answer as windstream? This is the most crazy out fit I have ever dealt with. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP! PLEASE!!!