Windstream Communications Logo

Windstream Communications

Having problems with Windstream Communications?

Windstream Communications reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 20, 2006. The latest review phone deposit not being returned was posted on Oct 28, 2021. The latest complaint internet was resolved on Oct 05, 2021. Windstream Communications has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 244 reviews. Windstream Communications has resolved 107 complaints.

Windstream Communications Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 347 1991 (Customer Service)
+1 800 481 5441 (Online Order Status)
+1 866 445 8084 (Order Support, Sales)
+1 800 537 7755 (Financial Services Department)
+1 855 439 2889 (Business Class Services)
+1 800 600 5050 (Enterprise Customer Support)
+1 866 375 6040 (Windstream Wholesale)
4001 N Rodney Parham Rd
Little Rock, Arkansas
United States - 72212-2442

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Windstream Communications Customer Service. Initial Windstream Communications complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Windstream Communications above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Windstream Communications. Discuss the issues you have had with Windstream Communications and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Windstream Communications Complaints & Reviews, Page 6

Windstream Communicationsinternet

Price quoted one year ago is higher than what was previously told. Was told after my free trial that i'd pay 125 but now they say i have to pay 180 and something about credits running out which i never heard of. The bill is almost 500 dollars and that is absolutely ridiculous. I feel like the reason we can be so easily screwed over is because they are the only option so we have no choice but to be raped if we want service. This company has very bad reviews and complaints by hundreds of thousands of people, even congress has gone after them which my next letter is going to phase ii connect america because i believe they are misappropriating their funds

Windstream Communicationshigh speed internet

I got a flyer from Windstream for 100MBPS Internet for $39.99/month. The Flyer stated "No Additional fees". I called Windstream and asked if I have to buy a modem or if there was a rental fees and I was told by the sales rep that there was none. I placed online order and received email that stated "0" Modem rental, "0" installation fees. However, I got another email to call windstream to provide more information. I called and gave more information with which they ran credit report on me and I was told that the order is processed. However, I received another email confirming order and installation date in which magically a fees of $9.99 for modem rental appeared! This happened to us in past and we had to cancel the order. Is deceptive trade practice a symbol of Windstream? (order number: 1801170I00262)

Windstream Communicationstelephone system down since 9/1 now 9/5

9/1 phones out
      9/2 several calls trying to get phone service restored
      [protected]
      No phone, no dial tone. 87 year old with diabetes living alone with no access to 911 or anyone for that matter and she does not drive! 2 houses on the same street have windstream and their phone service was up on Sunday. No charges should be put on this number for a phone that is not usable.
      Anything happens to this lady...will be a law suit on you!
      Several people have called and tried to get through this automated service and the best answer we could get was service restored, 9/7, then 9/6, then 9/5 or 9/6. this is in no way acceptable . You should be ashamed of the way you treat your customers.

Windstream Communicationsinternet not working

Beginning on August 30th of 2017 my boyfriend and I had a tech come out to install internet in our apartment complex that specifically requires we go through Windstream for internet. The tech spent five hours here trying to set it up, and left us with a modem that had a red light on the service and told us he would check back in the morning to see if somehow the light may have "magically" turned green and acquired signal. It did not turn green. So he shows up the next morning and spends another five hours trying to get the modem to pick up signal and once again, it did not, and once again, he left us for the evening with no service. I then called customer service and requested that they send someone else to come work on it the next day after explaining the situation to them, they told me they were going to send the same tech out. That tech became frustrated on the third day of us having no internet, and called in someone else who spent over an hour and finally got the internet set up. Ironically, the internet worked for maybe a full 48 hours, and is currently out again. I spoke with a customer service agent who was more than rude, and told me that someone will be out to "look at it between tomorrow and thursday." I explained to her that we are both full time students and that we need internet in order to complete homework that is due for our classes. Needless to say, I am less than pleased with subpar customer service, and even less please with the fact that out of the 5 days we have had it, it has worked 20% of that time. If we continue to have poor experiences with Windstream it is safe to say we will be discontinuing our service and going with a verizon hotspot or other means of internet.

Respond

Windstream Communicationshome phone and internet service

Last month I worked out a payment plan to get my service reconnected, customer service told me I'll save $6 if I go to the office and pay it. I went and paid $92 on the bill, which is the amount the customer service says I have to pay to have my internet reconnected. It's was 4 hrs and it was turned back on. 28 hrs later my internet shut back off. I called customer support, they said it was technical issues, and sent someone out. When the service guy left only the phone was back on and he told me internet would be back on in 30 mins. After an hr I called back to tell them my service is still not on. They responded that my service was never reconnected, and there was nothing showing where the $92 was paid to reconnected, and sent me from support, to payment, and to customer service. Everyone I talked to kept sending me to a different department until I was back to the first customer service department. I was on the phone for hrs trying to get this resolved. They had someone call me back and say that this wasn't right, because I still had my receipt so she said asked me to call the financial department and ask for a reduction on my bill, because it was not right. So I called for them to tell me that, it wasn't there departments fault, so they can't do anything for me. After a day my service was reinstated but they called me to tell me that now I have to pay more money because the internet I had 2 days ago is no longer available and it's more of high speed smh. So now my bill would be $10 more plus I have to pay a reconnecting fee, on top of the already high bill I was trying to catch up. I came to turns with this thinking that, they took me through all these problems just so they can up my bill. So now it's a week later and another customer service rep called me to tell me they looked at my credit and I have to pay another $100 deposit. I told her all I had been through with Windstream she said sorry about that and disregard the call. When I received my bill the $100 was still added on, mind you I've had these services for 4 yrs. My monthly bill that was only $57 is now about $277. I could not believe it I feel like I was scammed, I couldn't get help from any department not even the local office. I need my internet for my classes, but there is got to be something I can do about being done this way. I have contacted the BBB in regards to this, they are looking into this but haven't heard back from them.

Windstream Communicationsinternet

I've Had Windstream Internet Service for about 2 years now and I have never had such poor customer service and communications. I have been having problems with DOS attacks and I can't find anyone smart enough to change my IP address and make it dynamic so I can change addresses whenever an address is being attacked. I have opened up tickets with the FCC and IC3 and Windstream shows them no respect what so ever. They don't follow communication guidelines and refuse to help in any way shape or form. I call in and they say we will have to send a tech out and guess what they only work 8-5 and what is he going to do anyway? He just comes and checks to make sure I have a signal on my cable modem and I have connectivity. Well not the problem I am having and not anything he can do. I asked to speak with an engineer and of course I was put on hold and ended up hanging up after 15 minutes. I am an ex IT engineer and it takes 2 minutes to make the change to my address but it has to be done on the switch I am connect to. I also was hacked by someone internal to Windstream with a DOS attack from their private IP addressing I pulled from my router. If you have any other choice for internet or phone in my opinion take it. These guys are a joke! I still have DOS attacks everyday and its pretty bad when the government can't help at all.

Windstream Communicationsinternet service

I realize I live in the boondocks of Missouri but it has become harder and harder not to yell about your service...
              I have a land line phone with a modum for internet... I am the only one one our five acres using the internet... one iPad mini... no cell phones or or other computers... and yet while Trying to watch hulu or netflix the shows pause
              5-20 times to load... if they can... more likely it shuts off saying to try again later...
              I can not watch videos on Facebook or YouTube because they will not load at all
              and as I refuse to pay Dish a $100 a month for channels I dont want or watch
              I was told recently there is no other tv provider for this area

Windstream — modem shipping

A lightning strike fried our modem through the phone line. We called immediately for a replacement, but since...

Windstream Communications — home phone and internet

I decided to switch from Comcast (horrible customer service) to windstream. I never thought i could ever find...

Windstream Communications — windstream bait and switch to higher rate

I received a flyer in the mail..lower your rate for being a good customer..I called and I was paying $...

Delmont

Windstream Communicationscustomer service

I have 2 residential accounts with Windstream for internet, both of which, only because I have no other options. Over the past 2 months, I have spent well over 15 hours either on hold, being transferred back and forth between departments and numerous headaches...in all, to avail. 1 home remains with daily drops in internet coverage, the other home has complete dropped internet and still no dial tone. Please let me add, that the other home has my special needs daughter living there. These mishaps on Windstreams side, has not only caused such frustration for myself, they have also caused a major disruption for my daughter.

Windstream Communicationsinternet and phone service

Juan employee number 9950668 was rude and disrespectful and would not transfer me to somebody that could help. He told me he is releasing this call and hanging up. Poor customer service!!! Very upset... Internet and phones have been down for 24 hours. I run a online business and wife takes online classes. This is ridiculous. They have poor customer service and connection sucks since they monopolize this area

Windstream Communications — unauthorized charges

I called back on June 8th and set up a one time payment for the remaining balance on my bill. At the time...

Windstream Communicationsinternet & phone service

My internet service has been out since Junev29, 2017. I have contacted Windstream at leastv4 times. Each time I was promised my internet service would be restored within 72 hours. Most recently have been told my internet service will not be restored until July 29, 2017. Very bad customer service from Windstream. I wish there were other internet options in my area because
                    Windstream's customer service is the worst I've ever experienced. It's appears Windstream'd management and employees do not care about consumers.

Windstream Communicationswindstream internet

After 7 years of being a Windstream customer, always paying on time, I can not get repair service. We work from home, have high speed dsl, newest modem supplied by Windstream but after the Internet abruptly stopped today we are told it will be 8 days before a tech can come to check our connection. Windstream is the only provider where we live, it is not acceptable to virtually shut down our work due to lack of repair technitian. Please correct this problem. I do plan to report it to the FCC
                      Janet Burgos
                      396 Apache Trail
                      Chatsworth GA 30705. Telephone [protected]

Windstream Communicationsphone repair

On June 20th in early AM I was sitting in chair and saw repair man at box across intersection. I am recouperating from 2 big surgeries a few days before. As he was working there, my phone went out. This has happened in past. I sent adult relative to let the man know since I am not able to move around much for now. The repair man said he did not do anything and maybe road grader did it. That can not be since internet works and is on same wire. The repair man pushed us off and left. He could have checked or at least call it in.

After 3 calls to repair with minimum half hot wait on borrowed cell phone, I got repair by June 29th date. Amanda, your Windstream rep on Facebook, let me know it was to be repaired by June 28th at 6PM. After I explained my medical issues, she said it would be repaired by today, June 21, at 6PM. Now she says it is changed to tomorrow.

I pay for service that I do not get. They can credit for days missed but isn't reliable and timely service to be expected? And, I do not "choose" Windstream -- I have no choice.
                        Ronald McCarthy

Windstream Communications — customer service

I have dealt with several people from Windstream today and only one pleasant person. Whenever you call after...

Windstream Communicationsinternet service out since june 3 and cannot get tech appt to fix

Saturday, June 3 internet service went out, called customer service and the rep almost treated it as a joke and told me he would put in a trouble ticket but it will probably come back on by itself. He also insisted that I unplug and modem for 20 seconds and plug back in and that would do the trick. I told him I had done this several times already and it didn't work but he kept telling me to do it. He also told me then that it was my phone line that was out causing the problem and once my phone was fixed it would fix the internet. I explained that I didn't have a phone issue and I was talking to him on my phone that was bundled with my internet service. Once again he didn't get it or care and told me the soonest he could get me an appointment was Wednesday, June 7.

June 6 there was a severe thunderstorm which knocked out power to most of the community overnight but power was back on June 7 by noon. I received a call from Windstream stating a tech would be out between 11:45am-3:00pm. A tech called around 11:00am and stated he was working on some remote outages and would call back before he came out however he never called or came to my residence to fix.

I again called customer support and ask to speak to a supervisor and the employee wanted to know why and I again stated I wanted to speak to a supervisor and was told that he needed to know why and refused to get me a supervisor. I said I was not going to go through this problem over and over. This employee then told me all the supervisors had gone home, this was early in the day, so I had to talk to him but I had to send an email first. I told him no way was I doing that and I wanted to talk to an on call supervisor and I would be leaving Windstream and using another provider because of service like he was giving. Then he decided that he could get a supervisor for me but he had to put me on hold first and then he hung up on me. Nice. Now I had to call back and got a rep in Canada who was very limited in what she could do but did tell me that my appt had been cancelled because of the power outage which is crazy cause not everyone was out of power. She also stated the first appt to have a tech come to my house would be Tuesday, June 13. Unbelievable.

I called again today Thursday, June 8 and tried to explain the issue to the rep and he continually kept talking over me and kept telling me that i didn't have internet because of the phone outage and once I got the phone repaired the internet would work. I told this guy 4 times there was no outage and I was talking on my landline phone to him and he just kept repeating that it was a phone outage. Unreal and these people represent your company and very poorly I might add. He then transferred me to someone else who was very helpful, her name was Tia and she did try to help. She also said she would escalate the priority of my ticket so that the techs would see it at a higher priority and took my cell phone number and told me that someone would be calling to at least let me know when they would get here and by doing this I would get a tech sooner than Tuesday, June 13. No such luck.

This is completely unacceptable for a company to treat their customers in this manner. And many if not most of your employees need to have immediate customer service training. I have heard nothing but horror stories about Windstream and now I know why. This is the third major issue I have had with your company but it will be the last. I fully intend to contact the local Consumer group in my area, the BBB and the FCC. The last time I had this problem was less than a month ago and it was the same routine and my internet was out for 10 days. I have never received any compensation on my bill for all of the lost internet service time even though I have been told it would appear on my bill.

When I first moved here I had cancelled my previous service at a different address and town but apparently the incompetent employee did not cancel service so after about 6 months I got a bill and called and was told that it was Windstream's error and not to worry. However the next thing I get is a collections notice for an unpaid Windstream bill. You actually turned me into collections and I was paying my bill at my new address and made calls to your customer service about the employee not canceling the service at the old address. I once again called and was told it was out of Windstream's hands and I could pay it so it would not go on my credit report and then file a complaint, which I did, and Windstream would look into the matter. Never happened I have all the paperwork dates times and names I spoke with and your company completely ignored me.

I am done with your company and i also have an appt with an attorney to see what options I have. This is a ridiculous way to run a company, I should have listened to everyone else's advice not to use Windstream

Windstreamcustomer service

Internet has not worked for a month, Scheduled repairs and faster internet for today. 3 weeks in scheduling. Received confirmation call from Windstream 7pm 5/31/17 for 6/1/2017 repairs. Window they have for service from 8am to 7pm. Day came and went nobody showed, Called customer service was informed they rescheduled for 10th of month without courtesy call or email notice. Customer service is terrible.

Respond

Windstream Communicationscustomer service representative impatient and rude

Friday 12.May.2017 5:30 p.m. CST

I have been trying to resolve issues with my broadband service and have yet to make any progress. I was on hold for the representative to speak to me and when I tried to stop him from repe3ating the same process i went through before contacting them. He then got an attitude and told me not to interrupt him and that if I knew what to do then why did I even call. I told him it was his job to listen to my problem and to assist me and that if he kept up the attitude then I would file a complaint at which point he told me to file the complaint and hung up. This is very unprofessional and I am extremely dissatisfied with my service and the customer service that has been provided. Something must be done to rectify these issues if I continue my service with you guys.