Whirlpoolwhirlpool washer

We just had another whirlpool washer explode in MN, and mine has the same issues. When on the spin cycle it makes a noise like a jet plane taking off. New it was your top of the line model and started doing this just two years later and has been doing it now for 3 years. There should be a recall or a free fix because I was told it was 450 to fix when this first started from the dealer I bought it from. Its nice to see when a company will stand behind there well built products instead of trying to cover issues up. Doing this only exposes the company to bad publicity and lawsuits from damage or even death. I would like to get the washer fixed before it explodes on us and this has been an issue that Whirlpool should have to relegate.

• Sh
    Shaun R. Nov 03, 2017

Hi Curtis. I'm pretty heavily involved within the industry and can tell you this isn't a common problem. Whereas you've contacted the dealer you purchased the unit through, I'd assume they've checked for an extended warranty purchase with the unit. I wouldn't recommend putting the $450 out on getting the unit serviced. I'd just look at replacing it. Some people a really particular about having a matching washer and dryer set; not that I'd blame them. If this is the case, I wouldn't worry about purchasing another Whirlpool, but I'd also not hesitate to shop based upon extended service agreements that are offered at different retailers.