Westlake Financial ServicesIllegal repossession of my pickup truck

Westlake Financial Services is far and away the most crooked lender I have ever encountered. Knowing they were a sub-prime lender and realizing that my situation required such a lender, I had/have no problem with the usurious interest rates they charge. It is a free market.

My issue is that they have STOLEN my 2011 F250 King Ranch from the Wrecker yard where it was towed following an accident I had on July 19, 2018. I was hospitalized for 24 days following the accident and had two major surgeries to save the use of my lower left leg. While I was hospitalized, Westlake stealthily went to Northside Towing of Alexandria, LA and presented an illegal notice of repossession, took my truck away and charged my account a repossession fee of $425.00.

Here is the alarming part... I have never been late on a payment from the day I purchased the truck. I have maintained full coverage insurance from jump street. I was in no way in default on the terms of the purchase agreement between myself and Westlake Financial Services. My insurance adjuster and I have spent a combined total of over 8 hours being bounced around the Westlake Financial phone system as well as other subsidiaries of Westlake only to receive absolutely no information. I still do not know where my truck is. I still do not have a valid reason for the repossession (a csr said the promise I broke in the agreement was I had a wreck in my truck). I still cannot get access to the truck for my insurer to execute their responsibility in establishing the value of the truck so we can settle with these folks at Westlake.

On Saturday, I received a letter from Westlake, the first communication of any kind, informing me of their intent to file for a repossession title and to offer my truck for sale at a private sale. Prior to the illegal repossession ( actually grand theft auto) Westlake made not one phone call to me nor did they send me a text or email. Neither did they attempt to contact the insurer of record in any way shape or form.

It was their intent all along to steal the truck, undervalue it and sell it, leaving me with a large judgment representing the difference between their valuation of the truck and their now inflated payoff amount!