WestJet Airlines — last minute change in flight departure time
On Aug. 3/2018 on Westjet flight #444 departing from Edmonton AB with a confirmed departure time of 18:15 P.M. on the airport schedule flight board in the security area as of 15:30 P.M. that day. We proceeded to our departure gate #72 to wait for the boarding call and approximately one hour to our scheduled boarding time the flight display sign at gate 72 said the flight was delayed to 21:15 P.M. I spoke to your employee at the boarding gate desk and he told me that the flight crew which arrived from an earlier WestJet flight and was scheduled to fly this plane was "Timed Out" and that we had to wait for another flight crew which was being assembled from several other incoming flights that evening from other destinations.
While we waited for 3 more hours to board our flight the delay time changed again to 22:00 P.M. and then again to 22:15 P.M.
The make shift flight crew finally arrived and we off the ground about 22:45 P.M. and we arrived at Toronto Pearson airport at 4 A.M. eastern time instead of 11:45 P.M. as per our original schedule. My wife and I finally got home at 05:30 A.M. on August 4th.
I believe that compensation in form of a credit or future flight discount is in order by WestJet due to lack of proper flight staff scheduling on your part to insure your customers are not left with only "WE ARE SORRY FOR THE DELAY".
I checked my emails when I got home (I do not have a smart phone) and found 2 flight delay notices dated August 3rd. one at 6:47 P.M which is 32 minutes after we should have departed from Edmonton and the 2nd. notice at 10.23 P.M. saying our new flight time would be 10:15 P.M.
More WestJet Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- West Jet Airlines - bad service 
- WestJet - customer service 
- West Jet Vacations - bait and switch scam 
- WestJet - poor service 
- West Jet - customer service 
- WestJet Airlines - wrong information at the boarding gate prevent me to get on my flight
- WestJet Airlines - reimbursement for flight price change
- WestJet Airlines - flight delays causing unexpected cost with hotel
- WestJet Airlines - no hotel compensation for horrible flight delay
- WestJet Airlines - disgusting service, covered my luggage in black mess, 15 minutes to change flights