Western Dental Services Logo

Western Dental Services

Having problems with Western Dental Services?

+1 866 319 9409 (Corporate Office)
+1 800 579 3783 (Customer Service)
+1 866 319 9409 (Billing Information, Arizona and California)
+1 888 891 2354 (Billing Information, Nevada)
530 South Main Street
Orange, California

Complaints & Reviews

worst dental experience ever

Western Dental is the worst experience I have ever had. They are rip offs and have the worst dentists.The first time i went there I spent about 30 min. getting my X-rays done because the stupid lady forgot how to do X-rays.After that she led me to this "room" which had no privacy as well did the others.Then the dentist came and started putting sealents on my teeth and had to stop in the middle of my treatment to go attend another patient.I stayed there having to spit for about 15 min. after they came back when the dentist's assistant started sucking out all they wet stuff with a tube they were both paying little attention and the assistant started pulling my cheek with the little tube, as well the doctor was applying to much pain with a metal tool.After they were done they led me outside without telling me if I had to wait a certain number of time to eat.The next day I had an appointment for orthodontics and I waited while my mother and my sister were already called in I waited for an hour.They finally called me in and said they had to speak with my mother so I waited till my mom came out and we went in all so they could tell me that the Dent-cal didn't approve the braces that i needed.While I was surprised to hear that after I heard almost all the other kids in there got their braces approved by denti-cal.I really dislike Western Dental and I will never do there again.

good dental care — ungrateful customers

For the past ten years I've been getting all my dental work done at Western Dental. They provide good, honest, no-frills dental care. They're work lasts too. With other dentists, I would need to have fillings replaced every few years. With Western Dental my fillings last a long, long time. I always pay them in full right after having the work done, so I've never experienced any type of problem with their payment plans. My guess is that most of the people complaining are just pissed off because they didn't get 'somethin-for-nuthin'. Western Dental is clean, very professional, and they really do care.

• Sl
    slynn1 Jul 30, 2010

Your a jerk... It must be nice to have the money to pay out of pocket, but if you hadn't notice we are in a recession, and many people have lost their jobs, and don't have the financial means not to be put on some kind of plan with Western Dental. Maybe the Western Dental you go to is fine, but it doesn't mean the rest of us with complaints didn't have serious problems with their services. Maybe if you loose your job, and your dental insurance you will have to deal with their financing department. It would serve you right.

• billh2 Aug 10, 2010

Girls, girls . . please, lets play nice.

I still stand by my Western Dental recommendation.

My teeth hurt like heck for several weeks after the treatment.

Right now though, they feel good (like I knew that they would).

• Sl
    slynn1 Aug 10, 2010

At least I don't have to use devices to help me get off like you... Do yourself a favor Dawniette, get yourself and man and get ###ed on a regular basis. Than you wouldn't be such an uptight ###. I like sex with my boyfriend. He doesn't have to pay me because I willingly do it willingly... You such an uptight ###. I got it was a joke about the vibrator, I just figured since your such a ###, no man wants you. So, what is the saying, in a joke is a bit of truth. I am sure your neighbors do have issues with their TVs while you ### yourself hard with your vibrator... But nothing is like the real thing...

• billh2 Aug 11, 2010

All I have to say is that I hope you both remember to brush twice a day!

• Jl
    jluciani Jun 07, 2011

How did you guys get off on this from Western dental issues. Pathedic... Get a grip girls, Bill you seem to be balanced. Life is too short for treating others so horribly. Name calling is immature.

crooks, don't do business with them

These people are crooks!! Apparently they have been investigated (and offices raided) by the FBI for insurance fraud, and they are famous for over charging their patients and harrassing them. My husband went to them and had some work done. The work itself was fine, BUT after he set up a payment plan with them to be charged to his credit card, they keep billing his card every month and he pays it every month, but they call him (and me) every week sometimes several times a week saying that his card has been declined, yet the charges show up on his credit card statement. They have been rude and even hung up the phone several times on him when he has tried to work the situation out with them. They even started calling me trying to find him because he now refuses their phone calls. I told them not to call me again because they are not authorized to call my number, and if they keep harrasing us and don't sort the situation out on their own, I will be filing a complaint with Consumer Affairs, and the California District Attorneys office. If neccesary I will also contact the phone company and file a complaint for harrassment. I also told them that I am well aware of their business practices and that they have been investigated by the FBI for fraud. Hopefully they will stop calling and get it together. If not I will be seeking legal action.

• Re
    Reno patient Apr 12, 2011

I am commenting to see if anyone else has seen this commercial advertisement on TV. I am in Reno, NV and have no insurance, I saw several times a commercial for Western Dental where they say, bad credit, no credit, payment plans and they say that if you have no insurance you get 70% off regular prices. I have been contemplating going to the dentist for awhile and considered them, but put it off since I have had bad dental experiences in the past. Suddenly one day a filling falls out so I go to Western Dental, after they tell me I have three cavities, they quote me a price and then begin and find I need a root canal. My price goes from $700.00 to $2100.00 and I ask about the discount and they say they only give 10% off if you pay in full. I paid their fee but didn't find it to be cheap and when I talked with the office they say they never saw the commercial. They transfer me and another girl says that I misunderstood the commercial and that their prices are 70% cheaper than any other dentist. I said, "I guess that's what you are going with", and hang up. I am seriously considering seeing if there is a class action suit here for false advertising. I welcome all other patients who have been scammed by this TV ad. BTW my treatment is not finished yet so I may have more complaints.

• Wp
    Wpayton5599 Apr 13, 2011

Always beware when you hear 70% off!! What business can charge 70% less than they normally do? This is no different that going to JC Penny's every week when they have 30 - 70% everything in the store! They have never charged MSRP as long as I have been going there. $2, 100 for three root canals is not bad.

fraudlent billing/false advertising/poor and unprofessional serves

I took my two children into Western Dental both for check ups and cleaning, but my son needed screening for...

rip off

Ok Im am posting this in effort to save some other family from the horrible experiance of dealing with western dental...

let me begin by saying that the Ft.Worth office is a dump... During my first visit there, it looked like it was under construction with sighns say please excuse our mess as we are expanding to better serve you. The floors were nasty and looked like they had removed tile as they were and looked sticky. However the staff and Dr were very nice. So first App went well except for the way the office looked.. However after going back for more visits the office continued to stay in a mess. My 11yr was set up to get braces on.. during the first visit of this prosses I started to notice things I felt were being done wrong. Like the Dental ***. was having a hard time making molds and putting in spacers that consisted of just small rubber band being placed between teeth. she was very rough with my child during this and seemed very nervous. I asked for another ***.

during the next visit to have bracets put on, I again became very uncomfortable as the room we were in was small and dirty. The table that was used to hold the equimpment being used was a cardboard box with some kind of cloth cover.. I even seen her put stuff on that dirty nasty floor, because her makeshift table was too small. Then after some... NOT all brackets were placed on..Im informed that they dont have them all and we will have to come back to have the rest put on. So as we are leaving A heated argument breaks out behind the receptionist desk between coworker who are yelling screaming and cussing at one another... all infront of the dentist that just walks out the front door with one of the angry ***. ANYWAYS long story short point... Western dental is a joke...

• Ha
    HanK76 Sep 29, 2009

Western Dental overcharges on patients billing statements! RIP-OFF & DISHONEST WESTERN DENTAL. They bill you for services covered 100% free from your insurance policy. Western Dental fraudulent billing of DELTA DENTAL INSURANCE POLICY by double charging for services- overcharging you and charging the insurance company for the same service. BEWARE-DO NOT USE WESTERN DENTAL-Find a honest dentist. CHECK OUT COMPLAINTS-google keywords... western dental overcharging...read complaints. We have enough complaints to get a lawyer to file a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT-UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICE- WESTERN DENTAL FRAUDULENT CLAIMS...File your complaints now! Read your billing statement invoices and compare it to your policy coverage- Western Dental Overcharges Patients- CHOOSE A DIFFERENT DENTIST PPO/PREMIER...Do not pay for your free 100% policy benefits- call your insurance company!

unprofessional management/ unclear contract plan

I decided to go to Western Dental after it was suggested by co-workers as an easy, quick and cheaper option. I was feeling soreness in my gums and wanted to take care of it right away. Everything was fine, until my second visit, after having a confrontation with the manager.

My sudden realizations against the company are as follows:

Western's payment plan contract includes the work that is going to be serviced at an estimated price with a monthly payment plan; but it does not explain what work is actually completed with each visit and its related cost. You are simply billed for an item such as "Periodontal Scaling & Root Plan" at an extended plan co-pay rate and then given a monthly installment pay plan for an extended/final cost.

After my second visit and after having a petty dispute with the office's manager, I was questioning how much of my service plan had actually been completed and how much I was obligated to complete paying. In other words, there was the projected and contracted cost of the plan which was billed, and then there's the actual cost of each job that has been completed in that work plan as of the given date of the last visit. With Western's contact, it is hard to tell where you are within that scheduled project and which costs have been incurred and which are not.

Why this is of concern to me is because I was truly not interested in returning to the facility after confronting the manager. I was asked by the doctor to return in two weeks, but I didn't want to return to that office, after being treated so rudely, unprofessionally and with lack of sympathy and disregard by the branch manager. It just gave me a really bad vibe, like I was unimportant to them and simply a means to a profit. I was so disgusted that after planning to take off, I then turned around and walked back into the office and cancelled my next appointment. I expressed my disgust to the manager, at which she actually just stood there and tried to ignore me! That just angered me even more and showed me that this office had absolutely no professional integrity or sympathy for its patrons. Not only that, but it appeared as though she had practiced such demeanor with her customers before. She thinks she can just stand there stone faced and focused on something else, when she is only about four feet away or so, behind a counter with other staff sitting right nearby. It concerned my worst assumptions and took my concern to the next level: this was not just simple disagreement, but truly lack of respect and utter disregard. The last thing I expect from a practicing doctor's office is to be ignored by the manager or the staff! I have zero tolerance for such behavior. We all go to a doctor to be cared for and most of us spend plenty of money with them and place our trust with them, so such attitude is completely unacceptable. It goes against the ethics and concern I expect from any doctor or practice and which takes such oath.

I next thought that I could complete my work at another Western Dental location here in San Jose, but the 1-800 telephone customer service tells me that I have to complete my services and pay my balance due before I transfer to another location. Yet, it appears that they believe that they can treat me with less than respect. They can disregard my complaint. They can have limited access to their facility and/or high parking rates. Despite all that dissatisfaction, I would still be obligated to that same branch location, even though they are a large corporation servicing at more than one location in a given city. That doesn't seem fair. If I don't like a given manager, staff or location, I should have the option to transfer or negotiate. But Western appears to be uncompromising.

Presently, I am questioning wether I would like to return to this location, if even to any Western Dental facility at all. Because of the way that the contract plan is written, it is hard to tell what you are getting for your money, what has been completed, what maintenance shall be done, how many visits you will be afforded and so on. This is all determined by Western Dental. When you call the office, you are asked to call a specialist or talk to a remote corporate business office as of Monday.

I am guessing that I am suppose to have one more visit, or perhaps more, but this is not clear. I am somewhat sure what has been completed, but I am unclear what work is not. If I choose not to return to the office, as far as I can tell, there seems to be no clear compromise by Western Dental to discount the rest of the cost of the plan for work that has not been provided. It seems that they would intend to keep billing me, regardless.

I am glad that most of the agreed work seems to be done and that I only agreed to a cost that was not substantially high or extended out over a long payment plan for several months that I couldn't pay off. I only owe another 700 dollars approximately, but I have already learned a valuable lesson in dealing with this company and I don't think I shall continue with them.

Oddly, what led me to the more profound realization was something that was actually a rather petty concern. When I arrived at the branch location, downtown San Jose has quite a few parking garages and open lots, but it appears that Western Dental will not validate any garage. They paid for my first visit, but were unclear about where I should park on my second visit. They said to park in the city garage at Third St., which I did. The problem is that there are more than two garages on that street nearby, so I was rudely surprised when I returned to the garage and realized that my parking fee had to be paid out of pocket. Not only that, but I saw another Western customer who was there at the garage and very upset, because she appeared to have limited income and no cash on hand to pay for the parking. (After all, the current economy has put lots of low-income families into real hardship). Like me, she felt misled and poorly regarded by the management and staff at the office who do not make it clear at which garage to park. She was so upset, because she had her daughter with her, wanted everything to go comfortably and alright and yet she could not pay and was stuck inside the garage. She actually began crying. Myself, although not as dramatic, I went back to the office and asked kindly for validation and explained to them that they were not very clear as to where to park, because there are two garages on the same street.

That's when I started getting very upset, because the manager simply disregarded my complaint and refused to pay for the validation. Most businesses in downtown San Jose have validated parking, especially for city garages, which is where I parked. So, I thought it was extremely petty for her to refuse my validation, after having spent over an hour in the office and spending a few hundred dollars on dental work. I can afford to pay for parking, but downtown parking can easily add up and its quite standard and courteous for businesses to validate a customer's parking in any circumstance. Why else would most people in San Jose even consider parking downtown, when there's plenty of places across the valley to go with free parking? The city actually encourages business to validate to stimulate business in the downtown district. But Western doesn't seem to care.

Indeed, this is not just about a silly parking fee. It's about receiving respect fron your practitioner. Its about fairness and clarity in contracts. Its about services rendered and value and appreciation for the money you pay and the business you provide. Its about comfort, assurance, sympathy and easy and affordable access, which is what I expect from my doctor.

shotty service/work

Took 30min before i could be seen, then I went to get xrays done. I was in the stand up machine and as it...

how does this happen?

I recently went to Western Dental for some "routine work" (a temporary root canal) It showed in my X-Ray...

scam

Western Dental is a complete SCAM! Don't believe anything they tell you, they are onl trying to rip you off and take yor money!! My husband and I only went there because we were new to the area and it was the first place that popped up under my insurance. We went there and I felt like I was in some third world country. We had to wait almost 2 hours for them to verify our insurance and once we got in, we got our xrays done and then take into a huge room with about 10 or more different patient areas. It was like a large communal denitist office. Once the so called "dentist" came to examine me, she quickly went through my teeth and told me I had 16 cavities (one in a tooth I had extracted for braces years ago) and needed 2 root canals. She then proceeded to tell me that I had fallen on my face somehow and had created a trauma to my teeth. I am only 25 years old and nothing has happened to me or my teeth! Then she told me my husband needed veneers and when he refused she told him he needed gold crowns. She then said he had 5 cavities but when his proposed treatment came up those 5 turned into 17! We went to a real dentist today, an accredited dentist, he found absolutely NO cavities in either myself or my husband, NO need for any type of root canal or veneers or caps. And in his words exactly...Western Dental is a bunch of BULL! I had serious anxiety after this experience and will never be so stupid to not look into something more ever again! Please spread the word and stay away!!

• Ta
    Tajinaz Sep 03, 2010

On Monday, I called my insurance and discovered that they are not taken at Western Dental. I immediately called Western Dental to inform them. After haggling with the manager for 20 minutes she insured me she would find out from her superior if I can get a refund for my down payment.

After waiting all day, the manager called me back after 5 p.m. and told me that yes, I would receive a refund minus $39.99 for the x-rays. After waiting several weeks to see the credit on my credit card, it never showed up. Trying to contact the manager after this was incredibly difficult. Calling 3 times in the same day on more than one occasion over a period of several weeks and each time a different excuse as to why she can not take my call and leaving a message for her to call me back. She never did call me back and I have not seen the credit yet.

My credit card company will not let me pursue a merchant dispute without proof of cancellation which I am having trouble getting from the dental office. Recently, I had an unsatisfactory transaction with Western Dental in Phoenix on Thunderbird Road. After dental x-rays and a check up, I was told that I would be needing dentures. I decided to go ahead with the process after being told that they took my insurance. They gave me all of the paperwork that showed what my payments would be and I left a 10% down payment. I was also told (after the services were rendered for the initial check up and mold of my teeth were taken) that I should still call my insurance to be sure. This was on a Saturday.

• Lh
    lheil May 04, 2011

Yes it is amazing! This is how it was for me!!! OMG it is all about the money and on made-up stories! I am glad for you that you got out of there and you are spreading the word!!! Dentist are supposed to SAVE TEETH! THEY DO NOT DO THIS AT WESTERN DENTAL!

• Mb
    Mbranum Nov 21, 2011

Went to Western Dental Yuba City, CA.today for appointments at 2:30 and 3:00 for my children. Asked not to have children in rooms alone with Dr.s (girls) the assistant took my 11yr old in the room anyway.

Also, after 3 1/2 hours we were finally see. When I complained to the Manager (Kevin Evers) he was rude, "ready for a fight" and said "If you dont like the way we do things here, you can find another Dr." He also said because of HEPA laws I would not be able to sit in the room while the Dr. did his procedure.

Both times today, (and EVERY OTHER VISIT BEFORE)I was invited to sit in the room with my childern at the time of service.

over charging

How in the world can they charge me $871 when i've already paid my contract in fuill??? Let me explain: in...

your worst enemy!

Do Not Use Western Dental Ever! I should have went with my gut instinct! Reading all these reviews as well...

scamming patients and theift!

They stole $8oo. Oo$ dollars from me!!! They prepaired my teeth for my front porcilen vaneriers crowns and...

over charge and everyday phone call harassment

I'm so pissed! Double charge for bill, constant phone calls for unauthorized bill collecting.
Bad services bad dental care bad bad bad! Horrible!
I became the patient of berkeley office in july 2009. The first visit they asked me to take x-ray, and recommended me to do the 2-phrase cleaning, which I think it's just like regular cleaning, but almost double the price. Also, they said I should get my 4 impacted wisdom teeth extracted, which will cost almost 700 co-pay. I guess I was ignorant so I do everything they suggested, and sign the contract. From that day on and before the extraction, I had visited their office for a couple times, every time the appointment was delay for 45mins to 2hours!!! Ridiculous!
On the day of the extraction -8/21/2009, my appointment was 2pm, but I was in the office alone for more than 2hours no kidding! At around 4:30, the surgeon came out and said he has to go, so he can't see me on that day but he asked me to go to the oakland office the next day to see him. So, the berkeley office transfered me to the oakland office for the extraction. The next day, I arrived at the oakland office around 7:30am, after waiting around 1hrs, I finally got the work done. However, my face swelled like hell for another week. And I also had bruises around my face.
Then the trouble comes in the billing. The oakland office said I only need to pay what I supposed to pay for the contract that I opened in the berkeley office, because the berkeley office will transfer the fund to them. So for the next month, I paid my full bill to the berkeley office, and thought that's it. But! Guess what, I got billed by another account. So I called different numbers and explained for more than ten times. But this still isn't resolved till now.in these 2months, I kept receiving mails and phone calls asking me to pay. Every time I need to explain the situation over and over again. When I called to address my concern, most often they just throw me around on the phone, transfer my call to couple people. Wtf! And they even use very bad attitude to push the responsibility to me! Nothing can be worse! I am seriously thinking about suing the company, for my lost of time and the cause of mental anxiety.

3 yr old with a swollen lip

i took my 3 yr old daughter in yesterday morning at 10. they finally called her in after an hour. they did...

bad work done!! nightmare!

Went in to just get an idea on a bridge I needed to have done on the top 2 teeth they talked me into it...

stay away from them

I went in because one of my tooth was hurting. After my x-rays got back the dentist walked in and took a...

unethical practices and appointment tardiness

Today my daughter was scheduled to have her wisdom teeth removed. A previous appointment supposedly determined the positioning of the teeth and the need for this. that was also an initial exam and cleaning for our two children. It took a total of four to 4.5 hours (half a work day!) until they got out of that office after at least an hour waiting to be seen. With appointment scheduled for 11am, my wife and daughter arrived a bit early and proceeded to wait for 2 hrs before my daughter was called back. After being called back my daughter was then presented with options for payment with the staff member stating that our insurance only covered 50% of the cost and that she could choose to join a "plan" and the cost out of pocket dropped dramatically. once my wife was involved she was infuriated that this was not discussed previously as she had inquired the day prior to all costs so nothing would surprise us. Long story short, after 2.5 hrs and nothing done yet, I instructed them to leave after I contact a dentist friend in Phoenix and he explained that centers like this are not patient care oriented, only numbers ($) oriented and that those who sign people up for the "plans" are on commission. I contacted the Pantano/Broadway office and when I presented these things to the lady on the phone, nothing was denied and I was basically met with no response. People - stay away from these dental mill type practices, find a reputable dentist and also check to ensure your insurance plans are PPO types and not DMO types. It was explained to me by my dentist friend that PPOs are more desirable by offices because they allow dentists greater flexibility in the choice of higher quality outside services with quality and patient well-being in mind.

horrible dental business!

I had a dental appointment for June 10th. When I made the appointment, I had specifically told them that I...

bad services

very bad services took them 5 to 6 months to do my partial.they kept on getting the partials wrong.i dont...

crooked billing practices

Western failed to provide necessary information to my insurance company in order to receive payment. Western began harassing me for payment using robo-calls (automatically dialed calls). After many harassing calls, I got Western to talk to the insurance company. Thereafter, Western admitted that it was their fault, but the harassing calls continued. With each call (to my home, cell and work) I reminded them that it was their fault and that I wanted the calls stopped. They said that they could not stop the robo-calls until the bill was paid. The calls continued. Finally, Western received payment from my insurance company. The calls continued. I provided to Western the check numbers. The calls continued. I confirmed with my insurance company that the checks had been cashed. The calls continued. I have asked to speak to supervisors. They are "in a meeting" and have not responded to my request to speak to a supervisor. The calls have continued. I have written their corporate office. The calls have continued. I have filed complaints with the California Department of Consumer Affairs. Apparently, consumer affairs is not covered by the California Department of Consumer Affairs. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau... so far they have not responded. I asked my insurance company to see if there was anything they could do, but they said no. Does anyone know of an attorned that is interested in a case? Whatever you do, never, never, never, never use Western Dental.

• Ps
    psychogirlie Aug 26, 2009

Hi! I also am having a problem with Western Dental in Modesto, CA. I have already requested a packet to file a complaint with the Dental Board of California. The number is 916-263-2300. This number was provided through Denti-Cal for filing complaints about dentists and their offices. I hope this helps!

• Jd
    j.d.2 Jul 23, 2011

i too have been told "thier in a meeting" or been hung up on and been put on hold indefinetly when asking for a supervisor in the collections department. when i contacted the billing department to try and sort things out and stop the calls the broad on the phone said that it's out of here hands but she would send them an email. i asked why can't you just transfer and tell them now to get this over with, her answer was the person in charge of the collections never returns her calls. come on are these people for real, they can't even comunicate between thier own departments let alone us the customers, thier a joke stay away at all costs.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices