Wesbankwesbank bills for insurance on vehicle already insured

S

On Friday 23 April 2010 I received a letter from Wesbank adjusting my premium as my vehicle which is financed through them was according to Wesbank not insured. When contacting Wesbank and being put through to various people I was told that letters were previously sent to me to send them proof of insurance (these letters were not received by me). Why could wesbank not bother to contact me telefonically or even contact the insurance company to confirm before deciding to increase my debit order. 2. After speaking to numerous people on Monday 26 April 2010, the last person said they would contact the insurance and confirm that this vehicle was still insured and let me have the name of the person who informed them that my insurance policy was cancelled - needless to say this has not happened. Not even a call to let me know that this matter has been sorted out. Is this the type of client service Wesbank wants to be known for? Every company is going green but wesbank is sending out numerous letters which could have been one telephone call. The insurance policy which I took when I purchased the vehicle of which details were given to Wesbank is still valid.

• Ug
    Ugot Aug 24, 2016

Unless this is some kind of sick joke or I am being set up to be pranked by that guy from 94.7, I must say congratulations to Wesbank for a record setting period of not answering the phone (3 days with +-3hours on hold) in your 'customer service' call centre. I put customer service in inverted commas as the service level is difficult to judge considering you are unable to jump the first hurdle of answering the phone. A few questions Wesbank: 1. Does this call centre exist, or is it just a front to some sort of money laundering scheme? 2. Assuming yes, do you have any sort of standards or performance measures in terms of call turnaround? 3. Assuming yes, Is this acceptable? 4. Assuming you know how to run a call centre and the answer is yes, your arrogance and poor standards appal me and I will be moving my busies elsewhere. If however your feel you are in error and the call centre are actually supposed to answer the phone could I please have an explanation as to why they have not. Finally Wesbank, may I just applaud on you on helping to keep the flag flying for unacceptable customer care. Companies such as you do an amazing job of poor customer service. KEEP IT UP!!

• Ge
    George Makanyane Jul 05, 2016

Month end of June I was charged R765.05 "CBP CAPITALIZATION" from my cheque account, which i didn't understand. I inquired at ABSA customer care online, they told me that Wesbank unsuccessfully tried to debut from my account on the 24/06/2016 as payday was on Sunday. i have signed that all my debuts to be taken on the 26th of every month not 24th. this is a lot of money, i would like to please have it back in to my cheque account. i don't like surprise debuts.

Comments

• My
    MyRightFoot Jul 16, 2012

This is a scam run by wesbank and directaxis... the same has happened to me and to others since pre 2008. The same process is still been used by wesbank and directaxis. Google " wesbank Outstanding Debt Policy". The entire process goes like they "fail" to contact you, this automatically is taken as a sign as you not having insurance. They then add insurance which could be anywhere from R200 to R800+ per month. This has been happening since pre 2008 and the process has not been changed hence the only conclusion that can be drawn is that its a con to steal money from their clients. simple as that. How they are still allowed to do this is beyond me.

• We
    WesBank2010 Feb 14, 2011

Good day Sance

In observing your comments related to the Outstanding Debt Policy (ODP), I would like you to kindly make contact with me on the details below to clarify the purpose of this initiative, as well as to update your current insurance details and ensure the cancellation of the ODP policy. Due to the economic downturn of recent times, a considerable number of WesBank’s customers cancelled their comprehensive insurance policies due to affordability. WesBank, in conjunction with Hollard and Direct Axis, embarked on a large scale initiative to request confirmation from our customers that the financed vehicles are still comprehensively insured.

One of the sections in the terms and conditions signed by all customers include the subject of insurance. It basically outlines the fact that the vehicle under finance must be comprehensively insured at all times throughout the contract period and that the Bank can request confirmation of this insurance at any time. It also indicates that the customer would have 30 days in which to confirm this cover. Furthermore, by signing the terms and conditions, the customers agree that WesBank is entitled to arrange insurance cover as deemed necessary to protect their financial interests.

Please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below for any further information.

Kind regards