WesbankBalloon payment arrangement

C Nov 25, 2020

Good day

Balloon payment on my account was expiring on November 2019. Prior to that I have communicated with the bank to inform them of my financial situation and wrote an email to ask if I can continue with my instalment as I won't be qualifying for the re-finance.

I was advised to provide my bank statements and letter of employment to check first if I do qualify for the vehicle refinance. I haven't heard anything from them for about two months until I followed up. In my call with the consultant, I was advised that they will assist me with the payment arrangement for up to 12 months to settle the balloon payment. I also told the consultant that we can review the payment after 3 months and see if I can double the payments arranged. They've deducted R8200 from my account for three months and after there was no debit coming out of my account. I then followed up in August to find out why since there is an arrangement in place. I was told that the person who was handling my account has moved to another department. I then made an arrangement with another consultant. he told me he will now give me 6 months and will review after 6 months. I have asked to start debiting my account from September and he insisted but they debited my account in August which I reversed it. The following two months, no debit came through.
I then made a follow up on the 25th November to find out why. To my surprise I was told I need to pay full amount or surrender the car as I have defaulted in August. No one has called me about this decision before even though I have provided them with my new contact details. I feel like this is unfair to me. Kindly intervene