Having problems with WesBank?

WesBank Customer Service Contacts

+27 861 937 265 (Head Office)
+27 116 496 000 (Head Office)
+27 116 326 000 (Head Office)
+27 861 288 272 (Customer Service)
+27 861 922 677 (Business Finance)
+27 861 233 233 (Fleet Card Queries)
+27 861 474 355 (Shell Fuel Card)
+27 861 102 090 (Managed Maintenance)
Enterprise Road
Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with WesBank Customer Service. Initial WesBank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for WesBank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about WesBank. Discuss the issues you have had with WesBank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

WesBank Complaints & Reviews

Mar 23, 2020

Wesbank — I sent a few emails to Wesbank and no feedback received after 96 hours

Good day My account is in arrears again. I would like to find out is there a distress department that can...

Wesbankfinance

I went overseas but left my car in SA. I missed a few payments but made it up over time. I'm not back in the country and after 4 months of unemployment and a million legal fees being taken Off my account making my area grow exponentially, I finally have caught up and am ready to pay my last two year's owing on my account. However, wesbank cancels my contracts and now I gave to pat in full or give in my car.

• Updated by Gabster25 · Feb 12, 2020

Arrears *

Wesbankcar finance

I got approved by wesbank the icontract was send to me with the pin I did accept the pin when the dealership asked for the manual contract to sign all of a sudden we can't continue with it in the meantime insurance except me everything is done I must just sign and then I can get the vehicle.
    Its inappropriate to continue with everything then when I get to a dealership there is problems.

Wesbankmotor vehicle registration documents

Good Morning
      I cannot begin to explain how disappointed I am at FNB and its relevant divisions, total lack of customer service. I have been an FNB and Wesbank customer for over 20 years and have NEVER experienced such bad service as I have experienced in the past month.
      FNB and its relevant divisions was always a bank that could proudly say we are no one.
      Everywhere I go nowadays people are complaining about the total lack of service from FNB.
      I have requested information from Wesbank 3 times since the 30 January and have not had a single acknowledgment of my requests.
      Is this what FNB and Webanks's service has come to, that you ONLY receive service when a complaint is lodged.
      Complainant: Marion James
      Contact: [protected]
      Ref: Reg CB417RB GP vehicle papers

Wesbankvehicle financing

Debit order went off on the 31st although scheduled for the 1st of every month. The debit order bounced and now I'm left to rectify the situation. Called to resolve the issue and wasn't afforded the opportunity to state my case, the consultant who I spoke to kept speaking over me. I referred to my contract:

"Your debit order will be aligned to your
        salary date, or on the last business day preceding this date where this date falls on a weekend or public holiday, provided that such date is not
        earlier than your Due Date"

It clearly states that the debit order can't go off earlier than my Due Date and yet it did.

Dec 05, 2019

Wesbank — repossession of vehicle

My car was repossessed on the 18th November 2019, due to my instalments being in arrears. When I contacted...

Wesbankwesbank

i bought a car in 2015,
          I applied for Debt review then lost my job so i had to stop that.
          i am working now and i contacted Wesbank to make payment arrangement.
          i understand the account has been restructured, in 2018 i lost my Job and then my wife filed for divorce.

outstanding balance R28300

I do no want to speak to Melinda Heneke, i dont appreciate someone raising there voice or shouting at me

i want to make arrangement and pay R3000 a per to secure and keep the vehicle, as that is my only source of income, i do not want to run away from the obligation of paying, all i am asking is for a chance to correct this as i need the vehicle, Wesbank wont be loosing Funds, as taking the car is extreme as i want to pay for it.

i was a good client till my situation happened.
          Wesley Jeffries

Wesbankcorrupt car deal

I purchased a car in 2017. Before I collected the car, a male Wesbank agent insisted I sign the contract on Saturday when I was at Maponya mall shopping with my family. He promised to send me a copy on Monday morning. I signed a contract stating the car is R120k and my installment was R2353.80 per month. I paid R5000 and at times R45000 and in-between for 2yrs and started paying R3800 to R4000 pm since the beginning of 2019. I have been asking for the contract and has never received a copy that contract to date.
            The seller was a friend of mine and the female agent who processed the financing deal was dating the seller at the time. I recently discovered that the seller was to pay a residual amount of R180k and was in arrears before I purchased the car. The Wesbank agent actually transferred the residual amount to me and arrears while the seller never paid a cent towards the residual. As we speak, the car was removed from my possession and I owe the bank over R150k, which is more than the car sale and after paying for over 3 years.
            I recently went to Wesbank to query the issue and when they logged in the system, certain documents were missing and there were many blank spaces.
            I seek justice and fairness. Nothing more.

Richard Marikela

Oct 09, 2019

Wesbank — conned by west bank

We paid a vehicle for 4years for R187.000.Wesbank gave us an insurance without any signing of any...

Wesbankrefund for duplicate registration papers

From: Proxy Hub (Wesbank) [mailto:[protected]@wesbank.co.za]
              Sent: 13 June 2019 01:59 PM
              To: [protected]@telkomsa.net
              Subject: FW: DUPLICATE REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE - ISABEAU JOUBERT A/C NO [protected] - [External Email] (CID:rnh6jjkqx9vqxbzjhk)

Good day,

Thank you for your email.

Please note, if WesBank is no longer title holder We do not have any authority to request the duplicate.

Please note that payment must be done directly to licensing with a form completed and signed by Joubert [protected] in order to request the duplicate.

The fee paid to Wesbank will be refunded- Please provide the account holder name and bank details with the Proof of Payment to allocate to the correct department.

Kind regards,
              Charlene Davel
              Administration Expert
              WB Motor

directline([protected] // fax line([protected]

Received ref no IN10044395 from Charlene on 26/8/19
              9/9/19 - received an activity report from [protected]@wesbank

Still following up on a regular basis without any success. Please attend the the very long outstanding query

Wesbankpoor online service from wesbank

We were asked to complete an online application to refinance our balloon payment - needless to say that no one at the call center is willing to assist - only refer us to the online system which is pathetic to say the least - we have tried 25 times just to get an OTP code and then once we finally got in, the system kicks you out the moment that you press continue - then you need to start the process all over again - we've done this now already 12 times - waisted all morning and YEAH!!! still not able to move past the first 5 pages!!! Your "safe application" function is also not working!! Surely there must be an easier way to do this!! If you cannot stabilize your website/online system then surely a consultant can assist!

This is extremely poor service from Wesbank - I've dealt with various banks and institutions, but your system is the worst of it all.

Wesbankcomplaint

Good Day

We have been paying every month but have been handed over and are being harassed by your collection agencies . I sent all proof of payments as requested and in return asked for the statements which is not being sent but we received a statement of a Mr Moloi Ref [protected], who owes R75327.00.

Sonika Buys, Liziwe all don't want to listen to me .This vehicle was involved in an accident and was written off, Sonika called to ask if we will continue to pay for it and I said yes.Discovery wrote vehicle off but we were willing to pay you off.

I would appreciate it if you send me the statement as requested numerous time .

Wesbankpoor service

In August my debit order was returned, 1st time ever, however Wesbank made no effort to call me (your client) to find out what happened. However I get called from Blake & [censored]. I am not their client and would have appreciated if Wesbank made an effort in calling me to resolve the issue first.
                    I made a payment on 1 Oct 2019 to rectify the arrears and phoned in for assurance. I was told that payment takes 12 to 24 hours to reflect. This was after 19 minutes on the phone. I asked if someone can give me a call to confirm you have received my payment, but was told that I will have to phone again. Are you trying to save money by not calling your customers. We are the reason you exist, so please make an effort and phone me as soon as you see my payments reflecting.

Wesbankcar

I mr mokuwe m. Id no. [protected] hereby wish to register my complaint regarding the said vehicle. Since I bought the vehicle in 2014 I have been committed to honor my payment as per contract. I regrettably find it very unfair for me to be subjected to legal processes without my notification. You are therefore instructed to remove judgement against me.

Wesbankmissing / unknown whereabouts of my car ownership documents, dispatched by your couriers -

I have sent now more than 6 emails, and have made 3 phonecalls, I am still sitting with no resolve from wesbank on where my documents are, documents that you confirm you dispatched on 14th july, that you have no clue where they are and somehow in the last 3 days (as I spoke to you last on monday 16th) you have not managed to pick up the phone to the couriers to ask them where my documents are? 3 days??? I have just completed a call with one of wesbank's supervisors - gavin jordaan - and have tasked him to coming back to me by the end of the day with a resolve on when I will be receiving my papers. Lets see if this actually happens, shocking customer service. I know who I wont be financing my next vehicle through. #wesbank #whatcustomerservice

Wesbankpoor customer service

Hi I am irritate with the customer service I received from the refinance department. I have been a client for the past 7 years and have had an excellent payment history with your bank. My vehicle loan agreement came to an end in April and I was not contacted by anyone from the bank nor did I receive any correspondence from you'll regarding the the balloon payment. I applied online for a refinance loan on 3 May and didn't receive a response. I reapplied again in June and still got no response only to be contacted by your collections agent inform me to make immediate payment. I was given a week to arrange payment but was reported to the ITC as a bad customer. How was I supposed to arrange payment? Is it my fault your employees didn't respond to me? From my perspective I believe I tried to settle my account by applying for refinance. Your customer relations is very poor because as a client for so many years I should have received a courtesy call from you'll informing me that my loan was about to end and what I needed to do to refinance my balloon payment. Furthermore I was sent from one consultant to another. I have left messages to be contacted by your cut service manager and to date have received a call. Is this how loyal customers are treated?

Wesbankcollections agent

I have been visited in Port Elizabeth by a very rude, arrogant man with the name of Lunga . He said to me thats his name and he is from wesbank . I was surprised as I requested a settlement on my vehicle 2 days ago . He couldn't identify himself in full . His full names i had to get from Wesbank Head office which was Lunga Kwinisi Kalipa . I asked him for his Council for Debt Collection Certificate he couldn't provide that not even his Council number !!! I asked him several times he couldn't provide me with that, he was humiliating me at my work in-front of 5 work colleagues. I asked him to leave my premises and give me his head offices number so he given me a Collection Solutions business name which had a incorrect number at that time so i had to go and seek more info about this .

Wesbankmotor finance

I have a complaint i would like to formally raise with yourselves for resolution.

Years ago i applied for debt review, paid my installments then i was without a job for a few months, in this time i fought to keep my car that is financed by wesbank, then communications with beeld and wesbank resulted in myself willingly resuming my payments. Its been more than a year that i have honored this arrangement, the statements received by wesbank in their current attempt prove that i honored the arrangement as well as their reduction depicting my payment which by law acts as acknowledgement that they accepted the arrangement was sent to me a few days ago after a back and forth with wesbank threatening me and intimidating me into now after more than a year wanting to suddenly not accept the arrangement and wanting to resposes my car,
                              Would you be as kind as to refer my complaint to all the convening bodies in terms of wesbank to resolve this matter at final.
                              I also don't agree with their arears amount as they said 9 months which i dont agree with = 27K but 13x 1300 =16900?
                              I also paid 15k to bring the car up to date prior to all of this
                              All proof and correspondence is available for yourselves,

Many thanks
                              Chantelle Groenewald

Wesbanka vehicle which was financed by wesbank in 2008

2007 HDI PEUGEOT 207 was financed for R193K according to my statements I had already paid off the contractual amount and I was left with the residual of R35k.
                                I could not refinance the residual amount as I was unemployed at the time however I was willing to negotiate repaying the amount monthly of which I started paying 10k Wesbank denied receiving this amount now they are taking legal action against me for a vehicle that they repossessed furthermore they keep on selling my debt to attorneys who have advised me that they knew nothing about the vehicle or to go back to the bank and get clarity every time I contact the Wesbank legal department they don't answer the phone.
                                1 - I request a reprint of the monthly statements
                                2- Why were my statements deleted from the system
                                3- According to the monthly statements I had paid off the contractual amount.
                                4- I am willing to discuss reactivation of the account on condition I receive the car back.
                                5-please advise on the direction I should take as I see so many oversights with the account.
                                Please treat this as a formal written complaint.

Wesbankservice delivery and information

On the 23rd of April 2019 I made a payment transfer while I was speaking to one of your representatives at approximately 12:00 where I was told to make the payment into the account and the money would have been deducted from the capital amount owed to you for my car loan, where it is has been more than two months of the capital amount I transferred of R20 000 ( Your ref: VODSCLGL8CRF) and nothing has been done with the money, I also cancelled a couple of other services I took towards the loan and they refunded the money (R6 012.45) to the account which was added to the Available balance and the total amount then was R26 564 and also where it was just lying there where nothing has been administered. I therefore contacted one of your consultants yesterday the 27th of June where I was told that the money cannot be repaid to me nor can they deduct it from the capital amount owed to you. Which is not correct. I therefore did contact the ombudsman and was told to get a reference number from you for my complaint which I expect to receive soon. I also noticed that a deduction was made from my account obviously because of the installment but according to the account details there was money taken away from the Available balance which I am not sure why and is currently standing on R23 064
                                  Therefore I request that the money gets transferred back to me because obviously no one wants to do their job which I am very upset about and will say that the service I have been receiving is very bad and also very unprofessional, I haven't once received a statement which is also unprofessional. I will be coming to your head office tomorrow and come and see you and I expect a result, as I have been patient enough and can not wait anymore.