Wells Fargomake home affordable

I contacted Wells Fargo on August 6th '09 to inquire about the "Make Home Affordable" program and was told I in fact did qualify. I was told to fax my information to them which I did on Aug. 6th. Since then I have faxed the info 5 more times. Once to a fax number they gave me and later said they did not recognize the number. This was all my personal and banking information sent where? They didn't know and they stated at that time they had placed my home on the foreclosure list. My home has been on and off their foreclosure list several times since. They admitted they made a mistake and would expedite my request. Ofcourse this did not happen. I simply asked for lower interest at the current rates. I feel I will eventually lose my home due to WF's deceptive practices ~ they are nothing more then predators. I have nightmares and can not sleep for fear I have made a huge mistake by contacting Wells Fargo. I have NEVER been late with a payment although my income has been reduced by over half due to the economic situation. I simply asked to be included in a mortgage streamline, a restucturing of my loan or any help at all. They have made my situation much worse and in the meantime scarred my credit score. I don't know how I can hang on much longer ~ Wells Fargo waits in the wings hoping I will default. I am a retired postal worker with over 36 years of service and fear I will be homeless soon due to WF deceptive practices.

• Pa
    PatKa58 Apr 26, 2010

This is almost the exact experience I had helping my aunt. They contacted her to apply for the Making Home Affordable program. She had been late on a couple of payments, but her account was up to date before she applied for the program. She made every payment they told her to make in the trial period, and after 4 months ( and hours and hours on the phone with her & them sorting out all the conflicting information that their computers spit out) they told her she did not qualify and she had to pay over $3000 to get caught back up on her mortgage payments! They never disclosed at the beginning that you had to make up your "trial period" payment if you end up not qualifying. She ended up in a worse position than if she had never applied! And they were the ones that contacted her to apply!

I kept calling and asking questions to find out why she didn't qualify, and they finally approved her. It was either our luck in finding a helpful person, or maybe because I was going to see a lawyer about that $3000 payment they wanted. It's been 4 months since she was approved for the modification, and we still keep getting confusing and conflicting info from them. I keep thinking "thank God this is over" and then they screw something else up, and we spend more hours on the phone to straighten it out.

Their people have been helpful, but they are often un-knowledgeable, and the system is a complete disaster, if not purposely deceptive.