Weight Watcherscancelled subscription

Signed up for the 3 month trial. I did remember to cancel after the trial was over in October of 08., unfortunately I didn't follow-up when I didn't receive a confirmation, instead assuming they would cancel as I asked them to. It's now June of 09 and I'm still being charged. They claim they searched their database and can't find the cancellation notification. When asked why they can't verify that the account wasn't used because I canceled it, they claim they can't research their database for that purpose. Appearently they can onloy use the database when it suits them. They claim to not have a phone# so I can actually speak to a person about it. I find that to be very poor customer service.

BBB now has a formal complaint from me. Hopefully that will help.

• Li
    LISA ROUSE Apr 06, 2008

Signed up for ww in marion, sc about 8 weeks ago and had to miss my last meeting due to sick children. Upon weighing in at the following meeting I was informed I had to pay although I did not come to the meeting. I asked where this was documented and explained I had not been informed of this prior. At this time the older lady helping me became defensive saying that it was in book 1. I told her that everyone has emergiencies and she asked what kind of emergency and I told her sick children. At this time I gave her the check and she said. Well you didn't tell me that (In a very sarcastic tone) and tried to give me back the check back. After feeling like I had been repramanded for something I told her to keep the check and gathered my things and left. I came home and read book 1 and this info is not in there. This type treatment could deter a member from returning.

chauncy Dec 17, 2008

I signed up for Weight Watcher's online special for men in September, 2017 for $65. The special was for only 3 months September - December and I was to only pay a lump sum of $65. The special ended on December 15, 2017 and Weight Watchers continue to debit my account for $16.95 for December - January on 12-15-08. I have e-mailed Weight Watchers several times on 12-16-08 and they refuse to give me a refund. I wouldn't recommend Weight Watchers to anyone because they are not customer service friendly and don't believe in refunding customer's monies when they are wrong.

• Ro
    robyn mcnait Dec 07, 2009

Hello just a note to let ya know how pissed I am with weight watcher I sighn up in June and you guessed I am still getting billed I have gotten no were I cancelled it shortly afterI joined and cant seem to get any were several e-mails I have sent with no answers i have spent a fortune and at this time of mylife Im struggling to pay the bills and could really have used that extra I will try to go to bank and get this fixed I feel its alittle to late to get any money back just add this to the growing amount of cpmplaints shame on you weight watchers shame !!! Robyn McNair

• Au
    auntiemofks Jun 11, 2010

I have never experienced a problem with getting a refund if it was due me. I have called the 800 number and cancelled one account and another time I just cancelled prior to the end of the 3 month online account at the end of the 3 months. Mmm. Are you sure you read the agreement and proceeded accordingly?

• Do
    Dolores Cummings Jul 29, 2010

WW wil not cancel my account.
    Dolores Cummings

• Do
    Dolores Cummings Jul 29, 2010

I cancelled my membership in May yet they continue to charge my credit card.

Dolores Cummings

• Pr
    prosperousajw622a Feb 14, 2011

I saw the commercial with Jennifer Hudson, the website advertisment that indicated that you can try the weight watcher point plus program for free for 7 days. On 02/04/2017. I went on-line to try the program for free for 7 days as advertised. They charged my card $53.85. For three days I tried it and did not like it so I sent an online e-mail to the cancelation department on 02/09/2017. The automated system wanted me to stay program for an additional month and only refund me 5.95. I called the 1-800 number and they explained to me that was not on that program and they will only refund me $5.95. I told them that I do not want to be on the program and that I was only interested in trying the program for 7 days. As of this day 02/14/2017. They have not processed my cancellation or refund me my $53.85. All I have been getting is e-mail saying how they are not refunding me my money and that I was not on the 7 day trial. I have reported them to the FTC and BBB. I am getting all my money back based on what they advertised. They can prolong this all they want I started on 02/04/2017 and cancelled on 02/09/2017 which is less than the 7 days.

• Qu
    quintin1 Jul 03, 2011

I've been trying to get a refund for 6 months (for a different issue) for $40.00 I shouldn't have been charged and theyjust keep emailing the same response (probably right out of their handbook). I don't think I'll ever get my money back, and I'm a member! I guess they would rather lose the $40.00 I give them every month than refund the $40.00 charged in January that never should have been charged. I guess that being a billion dollar company isn't enough, they need to charge people for the wrong thing and never correct it. Losers!

• Kr
    Krista Vega Dec 29, 2011

I have been a member of weightwatchers for four years. Recently, I was asked to update my card. I had recently received a new ATM card from the bank and had to update the expiration date. I did this and the website thanked me for update. A month ago I was unable to login to my points tracker. I contacted WeightWatchers and they informed me that my subscription expired. I explained that I had updated my billing information and that I had been with them for four years. The woman offered to reinstate my subscription due to the error but for a higher price then what I was paying for four years. I was a week from life time. I contacted headquarters and heard nothing so I left.

• Ne
    newflover Jan 21, 2013

When I joined, I decided to pay weekly rather than sign up for the monthly program..it's a little less expensive when you pay by the week... When I attempted to set up an online account to utilize their online tools, I was told that because I pay weekly I'm not eligible... I think this is completely unfair and quite frankly a rip off.